You know that feeling when you are excited for a second, only to realize that that excitement is foolish?

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
You know that feeling when you are excited for a second, only to realize that that excitement is foolish?
So, I was checking my new story and was excited when I saw
4998B169-E58C-4EB0-939F-3E20DC2D4675.jpeg
. That excitement was instantly quelled when I remembered that my story had very little views. So I go check the tag, and I am 4 from the bottom… yay?

Tsuru

Robot
So, I was checking my new story and was excited when I saw View attachment 23486. That excitement was instantly quelled when I remembered that my story had very little views. So I go check the tag, and I am 4 from the bottom… yay?
To be more precise for me its "only to discover later"
BUT YES

Often.
Especially all this small indie games i download (for coughcoughFREEcoughcough) and turns out they are shit.
ps : dont download goobies
---------------
But also happen sometimes too to get "excited, only to realize"
and its often shameful. VERY VERY shameful and cringe.

Honzuki No Gekokojou Ascendance Of A Bookworm GIF - Honzuki No Gekokojou Ascendance Of A Bookworm Myne GIFs

Jemini

So, I was checking my new story and was excited when I saw View attachment 23486. That excitement was instantly quelled when I remembered that my story had very little views. So I go check the tag, and I am 4 from the bottom… yay?

You wanna get even more disillusioned on this subject? You also need to pay attention to which tag it is that's getting that rating. There are some categories that attract a lot more traffic than others.

For instance, my Key to the Void series is #2 in spies, but the "spies" category hardly drives any traffic at all. In fact, the best rated category that I've seen actually drives any traffic to my series at all is the "Gender Bender" category, and I'm #100 in that one.

Tempokai

Overworked One
Browsing the front page of NU, and clicking on the promising title, which turns into CN BL novel description. I suffered this until I my laziness was overpowered and I finally registered and put the filter on it.

I know that feeling, when I wrote something I thought was a banger, posted it to AO3, and then finding out later that I was the only one excited and that nobody cares.

Now I'm just excited for about a minute after writing anything, and be indifferent after that, lol.

SalivaSpittingWorm

Not being last is an art too! That's something to be proud of too. :)
Every success even if it is small is a reason to celebrate!

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I think it's the same for all of us when you put a lot of tags, my story are number 4 in nightmares while there some in the story it doesn't revolve around it. I wonder how the reader who looking for that type of story feel when they take a look on mine due to it appearence in that ranking.

The_3rd_Book

Pedagogical Cannibalism?
To be more precise for me its "only to discover later"
BUT YES

Often.
Especially all this small indie games i download (for coughcoughFREEcoughcough) and turns out they are shit.
ps : dont download goobies
---------------
But also happen sometimes too to get "excited, only to realize"
and its often shameful. VERY VERY shameful and cringe.

Honzuki No Gekokojou Ascendance Of A Bookworm GIF - Honzuki No Gekokojou Ascendance Of A Bookworm Myne GIFs
I actually liked Goobies...

Tsuru

Robot
I actually liked Goobies...
Well.....there are people that like Diablo4, Payday3, Diablo Immortal, Black Desert, etc
And that is why there exist the chinese saying [If you don't compare you don't know, but if you start comparing you'll be surprised]

Ok i stop joking.

But seriously, Goobies is good. VERY MEGA HIGH POTENTIAL even. Heck i even rushed to it to play it. AND redownloaded a few times despite giving it up each time.

But sadly. The problem :
Its called [The fcking dev dont play their own game] = Balancing is pure trolling bad.
Go check out the top1 negative steam review, it list the negative points just like i found out. But if you are lazy, then i will say here my list :

1) No reroll, no ban (despite must-have for any survival-bullet-hell roguelite game)
2) GRINDY AS F = the meta currency/run is so ridicuslously small, not taking care of your time. Its like playing a bad AAA game that try to milk your playtime to look good on annual presentation.
3) Lack of explanation for stuff
4) Too many "do X to have Y". No clue who started this bullshit trend in videogame industry, like D4, where you need toxic requirements to activate. HECK, the worse is that X isnt a 100% requirement but like 25% chance if you do X you activate Y
4.5)Why are there so many powers in the game about "when enemy dies" ???? Combo problem with (1) of no reroll/ban
5) Too many "powers" with too many levels for them (this problem combo with (1) and (6) ). Its like a world mystery that lot of bad roguelite devs seems to implement XX levels for power-ups but they dont even know the player can't even max 2-3 after XX mins because not enough lvls or RNG during level-ups
6) Balance problem of "WHY THE FUCK NEED SO MANY KILLS/XP FOR LEVELING !?" = heck just be lvl2 to 3, is a chore to lvl
Hence why i keep wondering if all western devs have a secret addiction to DarkSouls to the point of masochisism
7) Some powerups are op (heck the floating satellite turret is badass), some are trash or even pointless even if its legendary
8) Enemies are a mess. Some are too op, some are joke-weak. Same for bosses. Most runs will fail because RNG spawn too many overtanky enemies and force you in a corner, despite having the most perfect run ever. [Negative n°1 steam review also said this]
9) DEATH ANIMATION. Like review said, why the f the dev(s) made the explosion of bomber a pain to differentiate with the rest.
10) RNG reward of boss. Like review said, too much RNG involved. Or you can x1 trash reward or x5 op upgrade. Sadly i am unlucky so i never tested being op with it.

Conclusion : The dev is the toxic kind of small creators. The "onlyfans" kind of bad creator. The ones that bait with cool stuff (free trailer/demo). But when you paid them, the content is bad, that it pale in comparison against the "bait/free stuff". Even looping free stuff is 100times better than paid-content.

-------------

Go try Holocure, X invader, God of weapons, Halls of Torment, Shape Shifter Formations (kinda suck early+same problems), or even Vampire Survivors
but dont waste your PRECIOUS LIFE TIME for goobies
Because i had great expectations for this game, even had fun for 2-3 runs but then i saw the hidden truth that its a chore to play it.
Day-is-ruined GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

KuruKinaar

Awe I feel that, sometimes I don't get how the ranking system works when its compared to the reading views. This also goes for reading views compared to the amount of comments, I think feedback in general is most important to a writer.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Its just being human