Writing Prompt "Your heart will start throbbing when you fall in love, or into a crisis."

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
"Your heart will start throbbing when you fall in love, or into a crisis."

Write a piece with this theme, however you interpret it.

(This line is taken from the flavour text of "Lover Hope, Rina" from the card game Cardfight!! Vanguard. You can optionally use the card itself to inspire you:

)

JustHANO

Life wasn't getting any better, it was getting worst. Moving past my break up was hard enough. I mean it was abusive, but it was my fault. Now, I find myself with a stalker.

I noticed when I woke up this day. I got prepared for work as usual, but when I exited my apartment, I got a phone call. There was no one on the other end of it. I screamed into the phone and hear my voice echo through the hallway, at least that what I wanted to believe. What I heard was the feedback of my voice through the other end. I hung up the phone and take the stairs to avoid being on the elevator. That's when I heard it. A steady rhythm that followed my every movement.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

The sound brought back memories of my ex, his loud boots, the way he dragged his feet slightly after every step. I hated that noise because I knew what had to happen next. I knew the sound of his boots and those were his boots.

They didn't stop. With every step I took, I could hear his behind me. I didn't turn around, I didn't want him to know I was scared, I couldn't let him have that. I walked around the block, I didn't want him to come to my workplace. If something was going to happen, I didn't want my job at risk. He followed me every step of the way, picking up the pace with me.

Thum-Thump.

Thum-Thump.

Thum-Thump.

I ended up having to call off work. I could still hear him, tapping his boots off in the distance. Taunting me, trying to scare me, but I couldn't be defeated so easily.

I try to get him off my tail. I go to the park, but even in the wide-open park, he still followed. I decide to ride the bus, he can't follow me onto a bus right? Well, he did. It didn't make sense, I looked around for him but I couldn't see him. The tapping of his feet only increased.

Thum-Thum-Thump

Thum-Thum-Thump

He had followed me all day. It was night when I finally got fed up with it. I turned around and yell at the darkness he hid in, "WHAT DO YOU WANT! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!" It only angered him more. He starts tapping more and more. I had to lose him. I run through allies, he runs with me. I hide behind cars but I guess he did too. The only way to stop him is to confront him, so I do.

I go home and run up the stairs of my apartment building, his footsteps rung in my ears, now faster than ever.

Thum-Thum-Thump
Thum-Thum-Thump
Thum-Thum-Thump

As I reach the top, I bust through the door and wait for him. He doesn't show up. It was like he was running up an endless staircase. The anticipation was eating away at my heart. I couldn't take it anymore. I back up to the ledge and yell at the stairs, "LEAVE ME ALONE! GO AWAY!" Every step he took felt like a hit to my core. It started to anger me.

"NO FUCK YOU! IT WASN'T MY FAULT! THE ABUSE. THE ABUSE WAS BECAUSE OF YOU. I WOULD GET HOME AFTER MY SHITTY JOB AND YOU WOULD COME IN, DRAGGING YOU FUCKING FEET LIKE YOU WORKED HALF AS HARD AS ME. I TRIED TO BEAT IT INTO. I TRIED... I DON'T UNDERSTAND. IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT... IF IT WAS ABUSE... IT WAS YOUR FAULT FOR STAYING."

I spun around and face the edge of the building. "I'll JUMP IF YOU DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE." The night froze and the cold hard ground below seemed like a blissful escape at the time. The man didn't let up though and as the time for me to jump approached quicker and quicker, his footsteps only got slower.

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

That's when I figure it out. I fell to my knees and chuckled a bit. My heart slowed to a crawl as did the footsteps.

There was no one there.

I was going crazy.

"So this is what guilt feels like."

steve2116

It was a Sunday afternoon. After hours of searching I finally found who I was looking for. Today was meant to be a special day, a fun day, but instead it was not.
I finally had the courage to ask my crush out. After 2 and a half years of gazing at her across the room I got drunk one night and convinced myself I could do it. The next day I asked to meet up with her and asked her out and she said yes. But today did not go as planned. We had set up a time, a place, and even kept in contact the whole time beforehand making sure to confirm it was still on with each other. Yet on the day itself she never showed up.
Within half an hour of waiting I knew something was wrong. As an hour passed I pondered just leaving. At 2 hours I was getting worried and sent her a message to which she replied she is almost here. At 3 hours I aent another to get no reply. At 4 hours I received a message saying that she was here. And at 4 and a half hours I started looking, searching everywhere I could and only now after 5 hours do i get to see her.
Today it was meant to be special yet it was ruining. My heart was thumping out of my cheat as she stood there without clothes on. She slowly turned around and without any fear stood there showing everything. As she stood there a knife glittered and the blood covering her reflected the nearby street lamp. As she stood there her eyes looked in my direction without emotion. And as she stood there she was seductively licking her lips.
My heart pumped out of my chest.
“What happened!! Are you ok?!”
I hysterically shout aloud, showing as much concern as I can.
“I was worried about you!!”
She still doesnt reply, but instead starts walking towards me. One step at a time, blood dripping from every part of her.
“Are you injured?”
Slow steps, remaining steady. Not speeding up nor slowing down. My heart is thumping as loud as a train.
“Who’s blood is this?”
I ask more and more questions, hoping for some answers only to be turned away with a small shake of her head. Continuing to walk towards me her knife hits another beam of the street lamps light, my heart is thumping louder than a siren.
“Can you please speak to me?!”
Losing what little will I have left my legs start shaking. Fear swells in my lungs making it hard to breathe, but my feeling for her also show as my heart continues thumping, only getting louder and faster as she gets closed.
“Why won’t you answer me...”
In a quiet voice, any hope of her answer spills into a drain. As she finally reaches me she starts to walk past me, keeping her eyes on me at all times. A glint appears in her eyes as she glances towards my exposed neck.
“I was waiting for you, it’s been a while since I’ve liked anyone this much.”
She slips behind me. My heart is going faster than it ever has before. Unsure of what is happening my mind, already muddled, goes blank as I get a headache. A sharp pain appears at the back of my head, as if a brick has been thrown at me. Yet I did not feel anything touch me.
Suddenly her hands reach around me, slowly bringing us into a hug. Her hands, covered in blood, smother it over my shirt. Her arms are warm, and so is the blood, yet I also feel something cold. Something so cold it feels like I have been dropped in the arctic, yet it is also hard. The knife she was holding is now on my chest while directly pointed towards my throat. My chest is pounding.
“Hello darling”, she whispered in my ear. A tingling feeling is sent through my body both from my ear, and my chest. My heart cannot beat fast than jt is doing so.
“Would you like to lose something today? Your clothes maybe? Would you prefer if I instead took your virginity?”
A chill is sent through my spine. But I’m not sure what from. My heart is getting louder and louder.
“I was joking of course, but what if it was something more important. Something impossible to get back.”
Her hand slowly moves up my body, leaving a bloodied trail along my shirt, while also bringing the knife closer to my throat.
“Would you like that, darling?”
Her seductive teasing reaches deel into my body. Sirens going off everywhere in my body yet I cannot move, frozen in whatever position I may be in.
But I won’t be frozen for long. Her hand slowly moves over to my face. My heart now sounds louder than the sirens outside.
Her hand moves my head to look at her. Deep in her eyes I see, something, I’m not sure what but I seize up more so than before, my whole bosy tensing. My heart is now beating at over 250bpm.
As she stares into my soul I feel her hand move once again but my attention is stolen by the rest of her body. She leans in and kisses me directly on the lips and I shiver. Some blood drips down my neck and my heart is slowing down. The girl of my dreams pushes me down to the ground while kissing me, her tongue swirling around my mouth. But I cannot feel my body, my heart is now back to normal.
As she mounts me, she rubs her nude body against mine, spreading the blood to every part of me, yet I cannot feel a single part of it. My heart is slowing down even more.
Her lips part mine as she gleefully stares down at me, watching as I lie there. My heart is slowing down even more, slowing to a pace no faster than a dripping tap.
Her mouth moves as if speaking yet I cannot hear a word, my heart slows down to a speed too slow to seem safe yet I cannot do anything about it.
The knife I saw before is now hovering above me, glittering with fresh blood, falling into her open mouth. What a beautiful woman, I wish I could marry her. But it will never come.
My heart has now slowed to a stop and my vision fades. One last time she kisses me before I fall asleep, never to wake up again.
My heart beat fast, but it eventually slowed. My love has shown me affection, and I have reciprocated. Love and death is entwined, may I see her in whatever place I go.
My concience is blurring now. So I guess this is goodbye. May you last... May you last a thousand years, last a thousand years in. You last in, years in the hearts of others. Farewell.

DalangTala

ℳᴇʀᴇ ℋᴜᴍᴀɴ
"Your heart will start throbbing when you fall in love, or into a crisis."

Or so I was told.

My heart has always throbbed from as long as I could remember. It was a sign that I am still alive.

I spend my days wondering what that line means. The greater meaning that only a select few could grasp.

And then I met her.

That's when I thought, "Maybe, I got a glimpse of what it is supposed to mean."

I never knew my heart could throb so fast. All the blood probably went to my face, too.

My heart is alive. More alive than it ever was.

Whenever she's near me, I will have a mini sense of crisis. Do I look good? What should I say? Should I act cool? All these petty thoughts. I still ended up being awkward and all.

How could my heart be so affected by a person's smile, tears... every single emotion?

It would be good if she can feel the same. How messed up has my heart become? To have a wish this grand.

Then, I finally got to see her happy and in love. From afar. With another guy. I never knew what crisis really means before that day.

"Your heart will start throbbing when you fall in love, or into a crisis," she smiled at me, "When you fall in love, you'll understand."

---

Wow, why did I write this? Please ignore.