Your MC is challenged to a Yugioh card game.

Corty

I need a vacation.
My MC would find her opponent, break in, beat him to the inch of his life, and burn his deck right before the match.

Then she would show up with a deck of baseball cards, expired McDonald's coupon codes, and a handful of business cards.

And win by default.

Terrate

We are going to use Full power tearlaments if everything is unbanned. The one who wins is basically the one who's lucky. Which is my mc....

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
They have two weeks to prepare. Do they win?

Everything is on the table. No cards are banned.
They will absolutely crush the opponent. I don’t care how good the opponent is, giving them so much time to prepare is going to ensure the opponent’s pride is in the dirt.

KuruKinaar

My MC has a skill to learn at a higher rate, so luckily two weeks would give her enough time to learn the game and practice it.
When it comes down to the battle, she remembers to withhold her mind reading abilities and heightened intelligence, despite how tempting it is to use them and cheat, and go with the flow. She keeps a low profile and wins subtly until the last match where she just dominates the finalist. (I know very little of Yugioh, idk what kind of deck she'd use lol. Fairly basic cards - let's go with that.)

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I shoot them.
In the face.
Many times.

I pull out my MtG mox gem deck with original printing lightning bolts and land destruction deck and beat him in a REAL CARD GAME.