Your MC is challenged to the jump rope competition to save a small town.

RynnTheTired

Pathological Sleepyhead
Erin: She'd give it a try if it's a matter of life and death, but she has a bad leg, so unless the opponent is an elephant, she's probably going to lose.

Thenio: Yes and yes, unless the opponent is superhuman. He's good at acrobatics, but he can't use any kind of body-strengthening magic (at least not at the beginning of the story).

Yamemai

lol, reminds me of a movie; was about a boxer that was attracted to someone in competitive jump roping or something similar.

Sylver

1. Do they compete?
2. Do they win?
Dare I say, it depends. I have two protagonists and both share a different view of their world with different motivations. I think the cat girl would be willing to jump rope just for fun, but when learning about the stakes of the competition, she would grow nervous and begin to doubt herself. But her human partner would prefer staying out of the whole ordeal if no one he is close to is in danger. He keeps to himself and had a rough grew up with mistreatment in his youth. If it weren't for her, he'd still be living alone on his way to becoming a hermit :blob_pat_sad:

in short, the cat girl would be up for it but her partner wouldn't unless it was something personal to him :blob_evil_two:

Kraken1

The protagonist from my main story would probably lose... considering I'm not sure if she can actually jump... if she can it's probably not well.

Paytoechip

Depends, if it was Luna, she’d win easily. If it’s Keeno, then she’d compete, but the rope would end up burning away, still letting her win.

Detective_Quack

Garlick slayer || Bread lover || Master Roller
Wh

Where is that 'Nah, I'd win' picture when I needed it the most...
download.jpeg

This will cost you your kidneys.

Katsurandom

Would she?
No
If she did could she win?
If she can use her shadow magics then yeah

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
My novel has 4 "Main Characters", based on the order they are introduced in the prologue:
Char 1 = Competes; depends on the roll of the dice.
Char 2 = No.
Char 3 = Depends on her mood; cheats and wins.
Char 4 = Too much of a bother, unless there is something more than lives involved; Most likely loses.

FlutterOfCrows

Amongst my novels:

Gards would find it interesting but not participate.

Ange would be enraged but begrudgingly participate and try to cheat to win.

Cloak protag would try to participate and fail.