Your thoughts about SH?

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
As an author, I always research for every writing site out in the whole globe, let alone take note of them too. Still-and-all, I don't really consider the idea of writing in those writing sites because I already have my own writing agency. I publish my work to my editor, it gets edited, and the editor calls me about things she doesn't understand. Other than that, it gets published out after everything is perfect.

Well, usually, I do write on online writing sites, but that's when I am out of ideas. Writing dull novels that's actually the first thing in my head to gain even better ideas. Seriously, it's like a cure to that so-called writer's block. So, back to the point, SH is totally an amateur at best if it's about the overall opinion I've got in it. It's missing many important features, it's easy to exploit, and I like how writing threads is better than writing an actual novel. (Fun... a better benefit than having ghost readers in my novel and bots commenting in it)

That's probably the little opinion I've got to share but I guess a lot of people can just add their own opinion below. However, I know it's because SH is still fresh (like early access) and that's why I make opinions about why SH still sucks so that they can make it better. Someday, SH can make it big. I mean, doesn't this place already have a talented bunch? They could probably contribute to this writing site.

To me, I hate SH and that's that. I am really sorry SH, I like oppai... I am an oppai man, you see. It's easy to like someone when they're a girl (oppai's are for girls, no traps!) because disliking girls directly can make them sad but then, they'll be eager to work harder to please you... or so I said. Anyway, say I am wrong, but this is just an opinion. A writing opinion! (referencing game theory!)

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I personally love the community here at SHF and SH. My only problem is the silent readers, but hey, I at least got 7 comments in a span of 2 days instead of not getting even 1 in a whole 3 weeks of publishing at wattpad....

Motsu

I personally love the community here at SHF and SH. My only problem is the silent readers, but hey, I at least got 7 comments in a span of 2 days instead of not getting even 1 in a whole 3 weeks of publishing at wattpad....
Yeah. Makes writing novels a little difficult when people stay silent and don't say feedback to your chapters. Usually, we just go to the forum and ask other authors or readers to do that which is sad in its own way.

CadmarLegend

Yeah. Makes writing novels a little difficult when people stay silent and don't say feedback to your chapters. Usually, we just go to the forum and ask other authors to do that which is sad in its own way.
But hey, at least there is a Forum! Unlike some other writing sites and apps!

Napelynn

The forum is fun. As for the stories on scribblehub, there are some fun ones but I haven’t found many i enjoy lately. I just read a chapter or two a day every time a story in my reading lists updates. So it does get a bit boring at times.

CadmarLegend

The forum is fun. As for the stories on scribblehub, there are some fun ones but I haven’t found many i enjoy lately. I just read a chapter or two a day every time a story in my reading lists updates.
What is in your reading list? Care to tell? Or don't... it's your choice...

Reactions: Ref

EternalSunset0

It's ok, I guess.
Same. I personally am not too big on the genres that are popular here (Isekai, gender bender, the more smutty stuff) but I don't mind and enjoy some of them every now and then.

The forums is a great avenue for me to share stuff and talk about things that I typically don't have anyone to talk to about irl.

DreamOfRen

Prefer this to many other sites. Webnovel has great interface but terrible owners.
RR is full of people who are try hards imo. They fight, down rate and misinterpret everything out of some popularity contest. I find many of the people there to be insufferable , which ruins it for pretty much everyone else who is great.
Creative Novel is.... well, CN.

I enjoy the features this has, and in general it has a more comfortable feel.

EternalSunset0

I don't have a lot of writer friends irl. Not a lot of friends, period.

So who cares about my thoughts on writing, how we write characters, what my favorite tropes are, etc? Same goes for my art that I don't really bother sharing outside of places like this or with my friends who read my work. Not that I matter too much here, but at least I can just interject in threads/open threads and share my ideas without it looking too out of place.

Here, there are some heated threads and some people who I feel rub me the wrong way once in a while, but the place is generally chill and comfty.

Majorian

I've joined like 2-3 weeks ago and I like it. The people here seem more open minded than RR for instance. I swear on that site people rated stories poorly without actually reading past the prologue. I just wished people were slightly more active. I'm eagerly awaiting to get my first review on sh. I'm also thrown off by the format on the site. I don't know why but I find the format slightly unpleasing to the eye.

CadmarLegend

I don't have a lot of writer friends irl. Not a lot of friends, period.

So who cares about my thoughts on writing, how we write characters, what my favorite tropes are, etc? Same goes for my art that I don't really bother sharing outside of places like this or with my friends who read my work. Not that I matter too much here, but at least I can just interject in threads/open threads and share my ideas without it looking too out of place.

Here, there are some heated threads and some people who I feel rub me the wrong way once in a while, but the place is generally chill and comfty.
Yep, this place is quite chill... fun to be at....
I've joined like 2-3 weeks ago and I like it. The people here seem more open minded than RR for instance. I swear on that site people rated stories poorly without actually reading past the prologue. I just wished people were slightly more active. I'm eagerly awaiting to get my first review on sh. I'm also thrown off by the format on the site. I don't know why but I find the format slightly unpleasing to the eye. Makes me wish the site had a dark theme.
Well, there are sometimes trolls, but if you thought you got a wrongly posted rating, contacting mods will work.

Motsu

SH is like that one bar I frequent but doesn't drink.