Your thoughts on a literal tank character

EldritchCoomer

Horny on main
So, while working through a character with their character arc, I wanted to know people's thought on a literal tank.
A person so powerful that in the universe they are virtually indestructible to an extent through years of never ending on the brink of the death wars fights being's that most people in the universe can't even begin to think about tackling. Even with this, there is one flaw with the character being basically Goku is that they are not very strong or fast or have immense magic points, they just are pretty durable, so most of the time they are more stand offish and almost always go solo against an enemy cause they know they can't defend anyone and find it annoying to handle ranged fighters that are faster for them.

I just want to know people's thoughts on a character like this and the interpretation if such a key character that's supposed to be in a group and choosing multiple times to go solo and put in situations where they'd need a partner and needing to come to terms with people even if they might die or get hurt due to their inabilities.

Also, for the concept for the character to be used, I really don't have anything for this at the moment, just sorta an idea that I had floating around in my head

Aaqil

Cookies!
So, while working through a character with their character arc, I wanted to know people's thought on a literal tank.
A person so powerful that in the universe they are virtually indestructible to an extent through years of never ending on the brink of the death wars fights being's that most people in the universe can't even begin to think about tackling. Even with this, there is one flaw with the character being basically Goku is that they are not very strong or fast or have immense magic points, they just are pretty durable, so most of the time they are more stand offish and almost always go solo against an enemy cause they know they can't defend anyone and find it annoying to handle ranged fighters that are faster for them.

I just want to know people's thoughts on a character like this and the interpretation if such a key character that's supposed to be in a group and choosing multiple times to go solo and put in situations where they'd need a partner and needing to come to terms with people even if they might die or get hurt due to their inabilities.

Also, for the concept for the character to be used, I really don't have anything for this at the moment, just sorta an idea that I had floating around in my head
I can barely read this, :blob_frown: :blob_cookie:
As Myrian said, where's the cannons?

As Myrian did not say, isn't this just the eternal life thingy? :blob_cookie:

Mortrexo

MMORPG: The rebirth of the legendary guardian. The MC is a tank in a VRMMORPG. He is quite OP, so there are very few instances where he is in a pickle, but it's interesting and may answer your thoughts on how you can handle a tank character in a novel.

EldritchCoomer

Horny on main
I can barely read this, :blob_frown: :blob_cookie:
As Myrian said, where's the cannons?

As Myrian did not say, isn't this just the eternal life thingy? :blob_cookie:
Well, yes, and no. They age normally for their species, but due to their training they are neigh indestructible and never lose unless put in a situation where they can't do much and aren't immortal either
Actual tanks have cannons.

As for your question: A tank sounds like a good defender/team player rather than lone wolf.
Yeah, but they aren't very strong or fast, more of an unstoppable force of will, so whoever they are with would almost always get hurt cause they can't save them cause of how their mp is and they are just with an indestructible body.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
If you haven't read the firepunch manga, then you should. The MC has regeneration powers and basically can't die. His life is changed forever when, as a boy, passing by soldier lights him on fire using his own ability, flames that will not go out until it's fuel source is depleted. Because of his regeneration, it creates an infinite loop where he must suffer burning to death forever. The only reason he is strong is because he's on fire and can kill anyone with a single touch. Other than that he's a normal guy.

SailusGebel

If you haven't read the firepunch manga, then you should. The MC has regeneration powers and basically can't die. His life is changed forever when, as a boy, passing by soldier lights him on fire using his own ability, flames that will not go out until it's fuel source is depleted. Because of his regeneration, it creates an infinite loop where he must suffer burning to death forever. The only reason he is strong is because he's on fire and can kill anyone with a single touch. Other than that he's a normal guy.
Bruh.

Sebas_Guzman

Double Bruh.

And I knew parts of that story. I kind of forgot how miserable that was

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

Personally, it depends on their personality and how it develops due to their ultimate tankiness. Too many times have I read a story where OP characters are dumb, easily surprised by someone else's strength (only being used as a foil to act surprised at the MC's or someone else's power), childish in world view, and the experience, knowledge, and tempering that comes with having ages of expertise due to being immortal is not found in the character. Totally fine with the premise itself, but people tend to fall into a lot of pitfalls involving the personality, detracting from / ignoring all that would be cool or unique for someone with that kind of life/past. In other words, the OP character becomes a one-dimensional child that blusters and relies solely on their tankiness that spent their immortal life stagnant and arrogant, easily surprised or angered when someone dares to go against them. Be careful with the creation of their personality.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Lmao, Reincarnated as a modern tank in a magic world. It would be quite exciting to read a tank fan writing such a novel.
I actually used to think about this as a kid. What if I went back in time to ancient Egypt, and I had a tank?

nowme_cres

tanks are just boring. They just defend nothing else

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
>literal tank character
>Not a military tank
My disappointment is immesurable and my day is ruined.

Unless you give this character some really serious flaws it's just Supermangokujesus The Untouchable.
At least make him unable to harm others or make it so that he's universally hated no matter what he does or something that validates his existance other than "he's basically reverse One-Punch Man".