The Genre I Hate: Gender-Bender

sabazurc

The main reasons I dislike this genre are: 1) Often you have a completely straight dude turning into a woman. If it was someone who wanted that or at least was considering, I would not mind (It might even be interesting to see the journey of transitioning if the character originally wanted it). If that crap happened in real life to some straight guy, many would literally off themselves after some time, so that makes me hate it. 2) Feels like some male authors who have no idea how to write realistic female character choose this way so the character can have a "male-like" personality and make their job easier. If you can't write the main character who is a female just write about the male one. 3) I am annoyed right now because I searched some new stories on scribblehub to read and too many of them had a gender-bender tag, so I made this thread to whine.

Last edited:

sabazurc

Y u mad? It's just a novel.
No really, just annoyed especially since I clicked on the former hero tag to search new story to read and among them sooo many were gender-bender. Also, it's not just a novel, since I do spend quite some time trying to find good ones and reading them. Just like gamers might dislike the game genre or bad game when they play it this is the same for me.
You can use the search filter to exclude gender bender.
I know I just did not think I would need that for that tag, there did not seem to be a lot of stories like that...I was like heck yeah "former hero" tag sounds good...and then gender-bender after gender-bender appeared :cry:

Napelynn

The main reasons I dislike this genre are: 1) Often you have a completely straight dude turning into a woman. If it was someone who wanted that or at least was considering, I would not mind (It might even be interesting to see the journey of transitioning if the character originally wanted it). If that crap happened in real life to some straight guy, many would literally off themselves after some time, so that makes me hate it. 2) Feels like some male authors who have no idea how to write realistic female character choose this way so the character can have a "male-like" personality and make their job easier. If you can't write the main character who is a female just write about the male one. 3) I am annoyed right now because I searched some new stories on scribblehub to read and too many of them had a gender-bender tag, so I made this thread to whine.
Was this you?

sabazurc

Was this you?
Yes, they told me scribblehub had its own forum so I opened the thread here. BTW I do dislike harems too...at this point, I just skip them as well.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
No really, just annoyed especially since I clicked on the former hero tag to search new story to read and among them sooo many were gender-bender.
They want views or they can't write the opposite gender of themselves... well, anyway, I know gender bender is trash, but it doesn't stop writers from making them.

Also, it's not just a novel, since I do spend quite some time trying to find good ones and reading them.
Stop trying to be philosophical. It is a genre in a story, nothing more than that. If you do read it, then why are you annoyed that they came with the former hero tag? I do think you could get used to them if you keep reading them.

Just like gamers might dislike the game genre or bad game when they play it this is the same for me.
Gamers... please stop using that kind of analogy, it's inaccurately cringeworthy, especially when nobody ever says those words anymore because it is so pretentious. I do get discouraged when a game has a lot of flaws in it, but that's not to say that it is a bad game. In addition, if you know it is a bad game, then it is easy to elude playing it.

We've all got our own tastes, and builds more negative opinion on them every day, but there is literally a lot of features in SH to avoid those genres you hate. I see no reason why you have to show anyone why you hate GENDER BENDER, it is irrelevant. EXCLUDE THEM. That's all.

Last edited:

Daitengu

I get ya. Not a many give gender bender justice like QuietValarie. A shame she stretches herself thin with several novels at a time.

sabazurc

They want views or they can't write the opposite gender of themselves... well, anyway, I know gender bender is trash, but it doesn't stop writers from making them.

Stop trying to be philosophical. If you do read it, why are you annoyed that they came with the former hero tag? I do think you could get used to them if you keep reading them.

Gamers... please stop using that kind of analogy, it's inaccurately cringeworthy, especially when nobody ever says those words anymore because it is so pretentious. I do get discouraged when a game has a lot of flaws in it, but that's not to say that it is a bad game. In addition, if you know it is a bad game, then it is easy to elude playing it.

We've all got our own tastes, and builds more negative opinion on them every day, but there is literally a lot of features in SH to avoid those genres you hate. I see no reason why you have to show anyone why you hate GENDER BENDER, it is irrelevant. EXCLUDE THEM. That's all.
You seem quite agitated. Just like how writers can write whatever stories they wish I can also write my opinion about those. I got annoyed because I wanted to read "former hero" tagged story and too many were gender-bender which is a genre I no longer even try to read and I have tried before. I do not think my analogy was inaccurate at all and rather than writing "people who play games" word "gamers" seemed shorter, that's why I used that word. Also, your obvious agitation is much more cringeworthy than anything I wrote.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Bruh you act like their arent women out their more manly than most men.
The only gripe I have is they never portray the shortcomings of womanhood.
Like where are their periods? They bleed like once a month or some shit I dunno but however often it is, it's never portrayed.

And If they have huge mommy milkers, where is the shoulder pain?

Motsu

You seem quite agitated. Just like how writers can write whatever stories they wish I can also write my opinion about those. I got annoyed because I wanted to read "former hero" tagged story and too many were gender-bender which is a genre I no longer even try to read and I have tried before. I do not think my analogy was inaccurate at all and your obvious agitation is much more cringeworthy than anything I wrote.
Yeah, yeah, make up a lot of assumptions. I made my point, what does it matter if it looked like I was agitated or some sort? In addition, you like to say the gamer analogy and it's not like you play a lot of games yourself. It is a shame, someone, likes to be self-conceited and contradicts himself by saying he is annoyed yet rants about why he hates gender bender.

Jamminrabbit

It's time to hijack this thread and talk about our favorite genderbender stories.

Mine is Boku Girl and Tensei Pandemic.

Just look at Mizuki. I mean come on.

1621554041906.png

Can't forget about Ore, Twintails where they genderbent a guy into a magical girl either.

1621554190886.png

Or our lord and savior Rimuru, whose gender no one can agree on and if you use they/them pronouns you can piss off a lot of anti-wokage folks.

Rimuru Tempest (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken) - MyAnimeList.net

Motsu

It's time to hijack this thread and talk about our favorite genderbender stories.

Mine is Boku Girl and Tensei Pandemic.

Just look at Mizuki. I mean come on.

View attachment 7830

Can't forget about Ore, Twintails where they genderbent a guy into a magical girl either.

View attachment 7831

Or our lord and savior Rimuru, whose gender no one can agree on and if you use they/them pronouns you can piss off a lot of anti-wokage folks.

Rimuru Tempest (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken) - MyAnimeList.net
I think I like the GENDER BENDER hentai I saw five years ago than any of these low-res traps.

sabazurc

Yeah, yeah, make up a lot of assumptions. I made my point, what does it matter if it looked like I was agitated or some sort? In addition, you like to say the gamer analogy and it's not like you play a lot of games yourself. It is a shame, someone, likes to be self-conceited and contradicts himself by saying he is annoyed yet rants about why he hates gender bender.
I am making assumptions based on your writing but you assumed I do not play games out of nowhere. And what's contradictory about being annoyed about something and then ranting about it? You make less and less sense, maybe you should check out some other threads if this triggers you so much.

Jamminrabbit

I think I like the GENDER BENDER hentai I saw five years ago than any of these low-res traps.
GB hentai and doujins are too short. At least I can wallow in their gradual mental change with mangos and anime.

I regret that I do not have as many as I'd like.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
@sabazurc

Yeah Gender Bender is a stupid ass genre for guys who can't write women, and so take the easy way out and create a mutant-hybrid-esque human being to cop out and compensate for their writing weaknesses. Oh and cuz yuri. Gotta fetish the fetish and whatnot.

Motsu

I am making assumptions based on your writing but you assumed I do not play games out of nowhere.
So you are making an assumption?

And what's contradictory about being annoyed about something and then ranting about it?
You're not just annoyed, you're also angry about it. Is someone going to rant just because they were annoyed or some sort? If you're neighbors kid hit you with a baseball, would you do a facebook post about it for 150 words?

You make less and less sense, maybe you should check out some other threads if this triggers you so much.
Okay, bro, you good now?

sabazurc

Bruh you act like their arent women out their more manly than most men.
The only gripe I have is they never portray the shortcomings of womanhood.
Like where are their periods? They bleed like once a month or some shit I dunno but however often it is, it's never portrayed.

And If they have huge mommy milkers, where is the shoulder pain?
There are, but very often it's pretty obvious when it's the case of an author taking the easy route.

Motsu

GB hentai and doujins are too short. At least I can wallow in their gradual mental change with mangos and anime.

I regret that I do not have as many as I'd like.
It's in hanime.