Favorite Character Archetypes

skillet

a frying pan
idk if I'm late but I... I'll admit it... I have a thing..... for black-haired geniuses who are quietly passionate.

Not the burning 'AAHH I WILL SOLVE THE WORLD' type but like that... "ugh.. I don't want to do anything. I don't care what happens." but then they lowkey do and then JFDKSF they do their best like YEP
they don't actually have to be black-haired, but like, the moment they're black-haired i'm just extra djskalfdjssa

examples, just cuz I can: oreki houtarou from hyouka, kyouya from ouran high school host club, kageyama from haikyuu.

oh, and for character arcs, give me the 'disinterested impassionate character is befriended/learns to coexist with others/foundfamilyfeels' arc and you will have gotten me so bad it won't be funny :sweating_profusely:

kay now I'm embarrassed goodbye

EternalSunset0

idk if I'm late but I... I'll admit it... I have a thing..... for black-haired geniuses who are quietly passionate.

Not the burning 'AAHH I WILL SOLVE THE WORLD' type but like that... "ugh.. I don't want to do anything. I don't care what happens." but then they lowkey do and then JFDKSF they do their best like YEP
they don't actually have to be black-haired, but like, the moment they're black-haired i'm just extra djskalfdjssa

examples, just cuz I can: oreki houtarou from hyouka, kyouya from ouran high school host club, kageyama from haikyuu.

oh, and for character arcs, give me the 'disinterested impassionate character is befriended/learns to coexist with others/foundfamilyfeels' arc and you will have gotten me so bad it won't be funny :sweating_profusely:

kay now I'm embarrassed goodbye
I love that kind of male lead, too. And I get why you said black hair. They're often black-haired.

Same with the character arc. Wow, we're quite similar.

It's k. No need to be embarrassed :blob_reach:

SailusGebel

I like characters who challenge social norms. Not the 'norms' that everyone questions nowadays, like sexuality and similar things. Those who question things like humanism, friendship in general, human relationships, different social aspects. Basic human rights, and stuff like this. Sadly no one has the balls to actually make an MC who thinks like this and make him the right one. It's usually 'villains' who understand they were 'wrong' after talk no jutsu.

The closest(whom I remember) was probably Hachiman Hikigaya from OreGairu. But sadly, he changed and abandoned his beliefs which disappointed me.

HokuouTenrou

Males: Lancers, like one post on the first page, mainly because they tend to be cool and... Well, blue (no, not Fate's Cu Chulainn)
Females: Charismatic, confident, cool (or even a kuudere) but still affable women of power(? idk, like some variations of student council president, or ojousama played a bit serious)