Every 'reborn as a nonhuman' webnovel

forli

Oh, look, I've been reincarnated in a fantasy world as part of a nonhuman race. My new race has super strength and magic, and lives like 100 longer than humans (traits that make us truly relatable and sympathetic), so we think of humans as if they were insects (yes, I said 'we', I immediately shifted to this way of thinking despite being a former human).

You might think that this blatant racism would make us unlikable, but don't worry, because the author made these beliefs 'correct' by making every human be a pathetically weak and stupid over-the-top evil clown that constantly goes into nonsensical rants about humans being 'superior', or 'chosen by god' or something else that no sane person would believe when they can clearly see that every single race in this world has superpowers except humans. So whenever you see us talking about how humans are insects that should be grateful that we don't exterminate them, remember that it's the humans that are the real racists.

Ah! There's a human army coming to attack us. What do you say? It makes no sense for them to attack a race of beings with superpowers? Well, that's... eh... oh! They don't know how strong we are! Uh? You don't think that it's possible to not know about us after living in this world for so long? And you also don't think that it makes sense for them to go to war against something that they know nothing about? Don't worry, the author made sure to make all humans so unbelievably stupid that it shouldn't even be possible for them to have built a civilization in the first place, so it all makes sense.

So now I'll use my bullshit superpowers to one-sidedly massacre thousands of human soldiers. Do you perhaps think that, even if they started it, killing so many people that are too weak to be a threat while I keep calling them insects makes me look bad? It's fiiiine, there are many more humans than there are members of my race, which the author seems to think makes us the underdogs... somehow... I guess nobody would want a super long lifespan and great magic powers when they could choose the far better gift of being disposable.

And the humans will try to fight by using 'evil' methods anyway, like draining the power from members of my race or something like that. Will any of them point out that, in a world cruel enough to make them be born so inferior to us, this is the only way for them to fight, giving the conflict some moral complexity? Of course not! They do it because humans are evil.

Also... uh... I might or might not have accidentally or intentionally destroyed one or multiple human cities full of civilians because I got angry when some human offended me somehow. But it's fiiiiiiiiiiine, because genocide against humans in this novel is treated as a joke. And we had also already established that all humans are assholes in this world, and we all know that genocide against a race that really annoys you is ok. Yes, I know that there were probably a lot of small children that I also killed, but they deserved to die too for being born human, they should have been born into a better race, like I did.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
You might think that this blatant racism would make us unlikable, but don't worry, because the author made these beliefs 'correct' by making every human be a pathetically weak and stupid over-the-top evil clown that constantly goes into nonsensical rants about humans being 'superior', or 'chosen by god' or something else that no sane person would believe when they can clearly see that every single race in this world has superpowers except humans. So whenever you see us talking about how humans are insects that should be grateful that we don't exterminate them, remember that it's the humans that are the real racists.
I’m an actual racist, so…

DiscoDream

Severe autist
Oh, look, I've been reincarnated in a fantasy world as part of a nonhuman race. My new race has super strength and magic, and lives like 100 longer than humans (traits that make us truly relatable and sympathetic), so we think of humans as if they were insects (yes, I said 'we', I immediately shifted to this way of thinking despite being a former human).

Ah! There's a human army coming to attack us. What do you say? It makes no sense for them to attack a race of beings with superpowers? Well, that's... eh... oh! They don't know how strong we are! Uh? You don't think that it's possible to not know about us after living in this world for so long? And you also don't think that it makes sense for them to go to war against something that they know nothing about? Don't worry, the author made sure to make all humans so unbelievably stupid that it shouldn't even be possible for them to have built a civilization in the first place, so it all makes sense.

So now I'll use my bullshit superpowers to one-sidedly massacre thousands of human soldiers. Do you perhaps think that, even if they started it, killing so many people that are too weak to be a threat while I keep calling them insects makes me look bad? It's fiiiine, there are many more humans than there are members of my race, which the author seems to think makes us the underdogs... somehow... I guess nobody would want a super long lifespan and great magic powers when they could choose the far better gift of being disposable.

And the humans will try to fight by using 'evil' methods anyway, like draining the power from members of my race or something like that. Will any of them point out that, in a world cruel enough to make them be born so inferior to us, this is the only way for them to fight, giving the conflict some moral complexity? Of course not! They do it because humans are evil.

Also... uh... I might or might not have accidentally or intentionally destroyed one or multiple human cities full of civilians because I got angry when some human offended me somehow. But it's fiiiiiiiiiiine, because genocide against humans in this novel is treated as a joke. And we had also already established that all humans are assholes in this world, and we all know that genocide against a race that really annoys you is ok. Yes, I know that there were probably a lot of small children that I also killed, but they deserved to die too for being born human, they should have been born into a better race, like I did.
Bruh, what are you fucking reading? I need some of that. I've only read one series that treated humans that badly, 'Reborn as a dragon'.

UberNuber

I find the 'humans are evil' trope in fantasy novels pretty uninspired in general. But, it's just pendulum... for decades all the fantasy villains were orcs/werewolves/etc and elves were either evil or arrogant pricks, dragons were the incarnate of fear and destruction, etc.

So now, the pendulum has swung in the other directions and the 'savage' orc is the 'noble savage', the 'arrogant' elf is now 'humbled' - and finally, the weak and struggling humans are now the dominant oppressors.

Aslan659

No, Most reborn as a non-human novels proceed to forget its premise after a few chapters and just treat its protogonist as a human in a slightly different body. For example, the protogonist might be a vampire, but they will gain sun immunity immediately and they will not need to drink blood either because they are a "progenitor" or something like that.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Dungeon Core novels, typically humans are little more than food, but they can still run the gamut from good people to shite goblins.

Kouneko

No, Most reborn as a non-human novels proceed to forget its premise after a few chapters and just treat its protogonist as a human in a slightly different body. For example, the protogonist might be a vampire, but they will gain sun immunity immediately and they will not need to drink blood either because they are a "progenitor" or something like that.

U forgot the "i gonna be this human/humanity pet"

LORD_SHAXX

How you gonna call me out like this

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
B-b-b-but, what if my race is akshewally a super-OP but low-key underestimated fake underdog super underdog race that was a big deal in the past, but all the other races ganged up on them eons ago because they were just so scared of how strong they were with their special story-breaking powers, forcing them to go into hiding until now? And that's why despite there being stories about said event passed down by other races and civilizations, absolutely nobody knows about it?

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Well, time does numb people. It all depends on how long one lives, if you lived for a few thousand years, even if you were still human you might look down on other humans

Inferiority complex?

Well to be fair, humans are unbelievably stupid.

Well, ants don't really pose much threat to you. Yet it doesn't stop us from calling the exterminator and mass murdering them. If you had to choose the life a billion ants or 1 human, what would you chose?

Well, question is, is it 1st person or 3rd person point of view. If it is 1st person, then it would be really depend on how the MCs views things. I mean lets be honest, we've seen it all the time when people think doing X is bad but it is okay if we do it. It is called hypocrisy.

Would you think twice about genocide of ants? Even the innocent larva?

-----

Just some food for thought

forli

Well, ants don't really pose much threat to you. Yet it doesn't stop us from calling the exterminator and mass murdering them. If you had to choose the life a billion ants or 1 human, what would you chose?

The 'they really are superior' excuse has always sounded like complete nonsense to me. Because we are not talking about a difference in the mind, but a difference in power.

Humans possess self-awareness and 'sapience' while ants do not. To truly write a race that is as far away from humans as we are from ants it would be necessary to write them as having a level of cognition beyond what humans are capable of, which is naturally impossible for a human writer to do. The most they try to do is make them smarter in a more conventional way, and since most of these authors are incapable of even that, they resort to making humans unrealistically dumb (and no, 'to be fair', real humans are NOT that dumb).

So rather than humans exterminating ants, a more appropriate equivalent would be if some modern soldiers invaded an island of primitive people and killed everyone there. Because that's what we are talking about here, a difference in power, and I somehow suspect that you would not see those soldiers in a very positive light.

But in the end, everyone understands that a character that slaughters humans as if they were ants is always going to be extremely unlikable. That's why they feel the need to make the humans evil in the first place.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Rule of three, but not for me. Love the double standards.

EDIT: Also, what are the latest trend? Has the racism pendulum swing back to the human side, are we still sucking off the four headed penis of nonhumans or doing the human-looking nonhuman headass?

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I’m an actual racist, so…
Comrade!

It's not my fault I'm superior. It's your fault you're inferior

Love4NovelGuy

I’m pretty sure I saw you here before. Didn’t think you’d come back with a truly BASED opinion.

This is Re:Monster in a nutshell.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!

Don't forget that every subjectively attractive human female is not an asshole (at worst, she's just misunderstood or 'doing it for the greater good') and would rather mate with you than with the member of their same species as soon as they sees you.