Looking for an editor!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Hi! I didn’t know where else to put this, but I’m looking for an editor.

I’m an SH original writer (I don’t post anywhere else) for the novel There’s no way I’d want boobs that big!

(...sorry for the clickbait title... I’m thinking of how I can change it...)

I’m a novice writer by every sense of the regard, so I’m definitely super malleable!

I’m looking for an editor who can really provide a lot of constructive criticism (not just proofreading) on how I can improve.

If this interests you, we can chat more!

Last edited:

mrsimple

Writer
Ah, I've no right to speak for Shandy, but maybe you could ask Trismegistus Shandy on the site for help? I'll be doing a lot of work this week, so I won't be capable. :(

TwilightForest

Being myself

I’m an SH original writer (I don’t post anywhere else) for the novel There’s no way I’d want boobs that big!

I’m a novice writer by every sense of the regard, so I’m definitely super malleable!

I’m looking for an editor who can really provide a lot of constructive criticism (not just proofreading) on how I can improve.

My request to you (and not a suggestion)- I think this is your first full scale novel? If so, please write and edit it in your own way. Asking another person to edit your story in a constructive way will hamper its originality and creativity.
No one says that you have to be perfect or even near perfect in your initial works. If there is anything wanting in your work let it be so and utilise the experience in your next work.
I have a little bit of experience as an editor and I'll say that we don't edit a junk work, we just return it and ask the newbie author politely to improve upon it. We can edit only those which are otherwise readworthy and will do fine with only a little bit of retouching. What I mean to say here is that an editor can never offer much to an original work. It's the author's baby and they need to take care of it.
Perhaps you need a mentor? Well, I have requested @Aster to allow us to create individual author groups at SH Disc. I understand that the general author's chat there won't help newbies much.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
My request to you (and not a suggestion)- I think this is your first full scale novel? If so, please write and edit it in your own way. Asking another person to edit your story in a constructive way will hamper its originality and creativity.
No one says that you have to be perfect or even near perfect in your initial works. If there is anything wanting in your work let it be so and utilise the experience in your next work.
I have a little bit of experience as an editor and I'll say that we don't edit a junk work, we just return it and ask the newbie author politely to improve upon it. We can edit only those which are otherwise readworthy and will do fine with only a little bit of retouching. What I mean to say here is that an editor can never offer much to an original work. It's the author's baby and they need to take care of it.
Perhaps you need a mentor? Well, I have requested @Aster to allow us to create individual author groups at SH Disc. I understand that the general author's chat there won't help newbies much.
You should make a suggestion thread regarding the groups. I definitely would back that up.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member

Back to the topic at hand. I recommend that even if you decide or get an editor do always consider their suggestion and check if it is what you want to do. I see a lot of authors mindlessly accepting editors suggestion and in the end it's the editors that are writing the story. Editors are helpful for pointing out mistakes and plot holes while Proofreader help out with grammar and sometime style of writing.