Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

Silver

Are Waterfalls Dangerous? (CLOSED / @ohko @Silver)

Okarin stayed mostly silent the entire time, thinking quietly to themselves.

Honestly, Okarin was surprised at themself. They never expected that things would turn out this way.

That... all of a sudden they would be riding in a pocket like this... in the way that they never liked to.

All the slime could do was pray for the best.

With the only sound he could hear being the breathing of lizards, the cry of the birds, and the beating of his own heart. He made his way through the lizards. Who seemed to not mind his presence.

After he reached the exit, the silence was disrupted by a single sound. A roar with the sound water slowly rising from the pond. A lizard with scales that looked like they were made of gold emerged. Not that was his problem anymore, he ran as far as he could making his way into the trees. After making sure he lost them he said, "Hey, Okarin it looks like we're safe for now if there aren't anymore of those lizard things."

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

With the only sound he could hear being the breathing of lizards, the cry of the birds, and the beating of his own heart. He made his way through the lizards. Who seemed to not mind his presence.

After he reached the exit the silence was disrupted by a single sound. A roar with the sound water slowly rising from the pond. A lizard with scales that looked like they were made of gold emerged. Not that was his problem anymore, he ran as far as he could making his way into the trees. After making sure he lost them he said, "Hey, Okarin it looks like we're safe for now if there aren't anymore of those lizard things."

Okarin gave a sigh of relief and peaked their head out. Since they shrunk so much already, it wasn't possible for them to regain their mass so easily.

"Thank you," they said quietly. "That was a close one. You saved me."

The slime wasn't sure what else to say. There were a host of complex feelings that were difficult to put words, and sometimes it wasn't easy to figure out how to express those thoughts. Nonetheless, it was premature to celebrate and spill all of those emotions. They still weren't back home yet.

Okarin tried to shake off the distracting thoughts and focused on the path ahead. Their eyes scanned the scene that they were confronted with, and the two of them were standing before the massive cliff where the waterfall came tumbling down. But now there was the question...

...how were they going to get back up?

Okarin wiggled slightly and squeezed their way out of Cassel's pocket, trying to get to a better vantage point. However, no matter how hard they looked, there wasn't an obvious path to travel up the cliff. However... Okarin wasn't ready to give up just yet.

The slime sprang out of Cassel's pocket and bounded forward a few times on the ground. They hopped all the way to the edge of the water, before Okarin finally slowed to a crawl. Water was a slime's second home. Even though most humans thought all water was the same — actually every body of water was unique. It tasted different, smelled different, and told their own special story. There were many species of fish that were capable of swimming upstream to exactly the same tiny little creek that they were born at many years ago — even after migrating from millions of miles and oceans away. To some regard, you could say they followed the "taste" of home.

Okarin waded into the shallows of the river, and a realization hit them.

It didn't taste the same.

The water had a tangy, strong mineral flavor...

The waterfall wasn't the only source for the water that collected here.

Okarin followed the trace... and it led to...

The slime stopped in their tracks.

—It was a hidden cave.

A subterranean river flowed out from the cave and joined with the river at the foot of the waterfall.

Most likely, the underground river also flowed from above... meaning there was likely a network of caverns that could take them back up.

"Um... Cassel..." The slime called for their companion. "What do you think of this?"

Although... Cassel couldn't help but wonder... was it safe?

Last edited:

Silver

Okarin gave a sigh of relief and peaked their head out. Since they shrunk so much already, it wasn't possible for them to regain their mass so easily.

"Thank you," they said quietly. "That was a close one. You saved me."

The slime wasn't sure what else to say. There were a host of complex feelings that were difficult to put words, and sometimes it wasn't easy to figure out how to express those thoughts. Nonetheless, it was premature to celebrate and spill all of those emotions. They still weren't back home yet.

Okarin tried to shake off the distracting thoughts and focused on the path ahead. Their eyes scanned the scene that they were confronted with, and the two of them were standing before the massive cliff where the waterfall came tumbling down. But now there was the question...

...how were they going to get back up?

Okarin wiggled slightly and squeezed their way out of Cassel's pocket, trying to get to a better vantage point. However, no matter how hard they looked, there wasn't an obvious path to travel up the cliff. However... Okarin wasn't ready to give up just yet.

The slime sprang out of Cassel's pocket and bounded forward a few times on the ground. They hopped all the way to the edge of the water, before Okarin finally slowed to a crawl. Water was a slime's second home. Even though most humans thought all water was the same — actually every body of water was unique. It tasted different, smelled different, and told their own special story. There were many species of fish that were capable of swimming upstream to exactly the same tiny little creek that they were born at year ago — even after migrating from millions of miles and oceans away. To some regard, you could say they followed the taste of home.

Okarin waded into the shallows of the river, and a realization hit them.

It didn't taste the same.

The water had a tangy, strong mineral flavor...

The waterfall wasn't the only source for the water that collected here.

Okarin followed the trace... and it led to...

The slime stopped in their tracks.

—It was a hidden cave.

A subterranean river flowed out from the cave and joined with the river at the foot of the waterfall.

Most likely, the underground river also flowed from above... meaning there was likely a network of caverns that could take them back up.

"Um... Cassel..." The slime called for their companion. "What do you think of this?"

Although... Cassel couldn't help but wonder... was it safe?
Looking at the cave his friend was pointing to Cassel knew there wasn't too much of a choice. It was either scale the slippery cliffs or enter the caves in hopes that the would be an exit leading upward. And, with his body Cassel knew that he wouldn't be able to scale the cliff even with Okarin in his current size. So that only left one choice.

Smiling, he said, "Well it's not like we have much to lose with man eating lizards behind us and a giant cliff in front of us. I'd take our chances with the cave. What's your call Okarin?"

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Looking at the cave his friend was pointing to Cassel knew there wasn't too much of a choice. It was either scale the slippery cliffs or enter the caves in hopes that the would be an exit leading upward. And, with his body Cassel knew that he wouldn't be able to scale the cliff even with Okarin in his current size. So that only left one choice.

Smiling, he said, "Well it's not like we have much to lose with man eating lizards behind us and a giant cliff in front of us. I'd take our chances with the cave. What's your call Okarin?"

"I... I think it'll take us back," Okarin answered.

They paused, and then shook their head, changing their mind.

"No, that's not right. I know it'll get us back." Okarin was more confident this time.

"I know the taste of that water. I know that it leads back home."

Silver

"I... I think it'll take us back," Okarin answered.

They paused, and then shook their head, changing their mind.

"No, that's not right. I know it'll get us back." Okarin was more confident this time.

"I know the taste of that water. I know that it leads back home."
"I suppose, I'll take your word for it then Okarin. It's like we promised I'll do the walking and you do the guiding."

Pocketing Okarin, he went inside the cave.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"I suppose, I'll take your word for it then Okarin. It's like we promised I'll do the walking and you do the guiding."

Pocketing Okarin, he went inside the cave.
OOC: It's pretty late I think I'm going to head to bed! :blob_sleep:

I actually think this isn't that bad of a stopping point, and maybe we can file this with the guild? Maybe write a brief epilogue? Make up a few things in the caverns, and the correct path up to the surface?

Unless you want to continue this another day~

Either way is fine by me! :blob_hug:

Silver

OOC: It's pretty late I think I'm going to head to bed! :blob_sleep:

I actually think this isn't that bad of a stopping point, and maybe we can file this with the guild? Maybe write a brief epilogue? Make up a few things in the caverns, and the correct path up to the surface?

Unless you want to continue this another day~

Either way is fine by me! :blob_hug:
OOC: Yeah, that definitely works for me. I'll be counting in you for the call on whether or not we write an epilogue. :blob_paint:
Oh also good night, hope ya get a good nights rest. :blob_melt:

Feathers95

Swordsmanship Training! (CLOSED / @Feathers95 @Silver )
Felicia slowly led her new pupil, Cassel, out of the northern gate of Scribel, towards the small open fields just before the forests. When they were far enough away from the city to have a sense of isolation, Felicia drew her enchanted silver sword, engraved with runic markings by Ryzen, from its dark purple sheath.

"Show me your sword and ready stance." She ordered calmly, whilst internally wandering how she should go about this first lesson.

Silver

Training with Swords
Felicia slowly led her new pupil, Cassel, out of the northern gate of Scribel, towards the small open fields just before the forests. When they were far enough away from the city to have a sense of isolation, Felicia drew her enchanted silver sword, engraved with runic markings by Ryzen, from its dark purple sheath.

"Show me your sword and ready stance." She ordered calmly, whilst internally wandering how she should go about this first lesson.

"Err sure," Sloppily dragging the sword out it's stealth and, gripping the sword with both hands. He managed to put it above his head with his hands shaking from the strain.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

Feathers95

Training with Swords

"Err sure," Sloppily dragging the sword out it's stealth. Gripping the sword with both hands, he put it above his head with his hands shaking from the strain.
"...okay that's enough don't break your arms." Felicia sighed after being shocked for a few seconds. There were so many things wrong that she didn't even know where to start!

"Well, firstly when I said ready stance, I meant your combat ready stance. Basically how you would stand when facing an enemy upfront. Secondly, never ever raise your sword over your head recklessly like that when you don't know what you're doing. Thirdly... you're really weak. I can't teach you swordsmanship if you can't hold a sword!"

Silver

"...okay that's enough don't break your arms." Felicia sighed after being shocked for a few seconds. There were so many things wrong that she didn't even know where to start!

"Well, firstly when I said ready stance, I meant your combat ready stance. Basically how you would stand when facing an enemy upfront. Secondly, never ever raise your sword over your head recklessly like that when you don't know what you're doing. Thirdly... you're really weak. I can't teach you swordsmanship if you can't hold a sword!"

While he didn't expect to be a knight in shining armor with the sword. He didn't expect it would be that bad. Pretending to cough in his hand to try to hide his embarrassment he stated, "So what's next?"

Last edited:

Feathers95

While he didn't expect to be a knight in shining armor with the sword. He didn't expect it would be that bad. Pretending to cough in his hand to try to hide his embarrassment he stated, "So what's next?"
"Well, we obviously need to get your strengrh up first! I won't be able teach you otherwise!"

Felicia responded as she thought about how to go about this. Suddenly, she grabbed a pen and a piece of paper from her pocket and scribbled a list of exercises down before handing the note to Cassel.

"Here, follow this exercise regime every day for a month then come and find me again. I train here everyday if you need me. Also, try and eat more daily so that you don't exhaust yourself!"

Silver

"Well, we obviously need to get your strengrh up first! I won't be able teach you otherwise!"

Felicia responded as she thought about how to go about this. Suddenly, she grabbed a pen and a piece of paper from her pocket and scribbled a list of exercises down before handing the note to Cassel.

"Here, follow this exercise regime every day for a month then come and find me again. I train here everyday if you need me. Also, try and eat more daily so that you don't exhaust yourself!"

The exercise regime given to him was strict and that was putting it nicely. Running, push up, sit up, and whatever else was thrown in he did it all. Well not all in the first day he nearly died trying to do so that day. He had to cut the amount by like half then work his way up to the amount given to him. But, she wouldn't notice right? Anyways during the last two weeks he could finally do the amount assigned and made it back to his instructor in the assigned spot.

Greeting her, he said "Hey Felicia, I'm back from the training."

Last edited:

Feathers95

The exercise regime given to him was strict and that was putting it nicely. Running, push up, sit up, and whatever else was thrown in he did it all. Well not all in the first day he nearly died trying to do so that day. He had to cut the amount by like half then work his way up to the amount given to him. But, she wouldn't notice right? Anyways during the last two weeks he could finally do the amount assigned and made it back to his instructor in the assigned spot.

Greeting her, he said "Hey Felicia, I'm back from the training."
"Oh hello again Cassel, you've been working hard i see. Alright then, let's try again, show me your sword and ready stance." Felicia smiled at him, before putting away her equipment and watching him carefully.

Silver

"Oh hello again Cassel, you've been working hard i see. Alright then, let's try again, show me your sword and ready stance." Felicia smiled at him, before putting away her equipment and watching him carefully.

Pulling out the sword a lot smoother than before he pointed it at the instructor. While he didn't know how to do a ready stance he did know one of the ways not to do it. Hoping this was the right one. he carefully probed, "Is this right?"

Edit: Rearranged some words.

Feathers95

Pulling out the sword a lot smoother than before he pointed it at the instructor. While he didn't know how to do a ready stance he did know one of the ways not to do it. Hoping this was the right one. he carefully probed, "Is this right?"

Edit: Rearranged some words.
Felicia nodded her head at the improvements in her student. "Stand with your legs farther apart. Do not put the weight of your blade on your back, use your legs. A stable stance will prevent people from just pushing you over with their strength."

"I'm glad to see that you can hold the sword well enough now. But remember to continue on with your exercises every day: they'll truly help you out in the long run."

"Alright, now swing at me. I'm not an expert or anything, but I'm confident I can take on your strikes. Although I'm a bit worried whether your old sword can handle it."

Silver

Felicia nodded her head at the improvements in her student. "Stand with your legs farther apart. Do not put the weight of your blade on your back, use your legs. A stable stance will prevent people from just pushing you over with their strength."

"I'm glad to see that you can hold the sword well enough now. But remember to continue on with your exercises every day: they'll truly help you out in the long run."

"Alright, now swing at me. I'm not an expert or anything, but I'm confident I can take on your strikes. Although I'm a bit worried whether your old sword can handle it."

Lifting the sword upward, he tried to use all of the power in his arms to hit Felicia in a wild manner with his sword.

Feathers95

Lifting the sword upward, he tried to use all of the power in his arms to hit Felicia in a wild manner with his sword.
Easily, Felicia deflected his hit and sent hin swerving off to the side.

"Alright, I think I can see how to start training you now. Your foundation, technique and footwork are the main things that need to be worked on. Fortunately, we've worked on your foundation a little already from your strength training. Make it a habit to enter your ready stance whenever you are about to be unavoidably attacked."

"Now technique. Let me teach you how to swing properly for now."

"Hold your sword's grip firmly in two hands and watch the imaginary enemy in front of you. Stand with one leg in front of the other, and shift your weight from your back to your front as you swing, like so." Felicia slowly demonstrated each step of a horizontal swing, before gesturing towards Cassel to follow along.

Silver

Easily, Felicia deflected his hit and sent hin swerving off to the side.

"Alright, I think I can see how to start training you now. Your foundation, technique and footwork are the main things that need to be worked on. Fortunately, we've worked on your foundation a little already from your strength training. Make it a habit to enter your ready stance whenever you are about to be unavoidably attacked."

"Now technique. Let me teach you how to swing properly for now."

"Hold your sword's grip firmly in two hands and watch the imaginary enemy in front of you. Stand with one leg in front of the other, and shift your weight from your back to your front as you swing, like so." Felicia slowly demonstrated each step of a horizontal swing, before gesturing towards Cassel to follow along.

Following her example, he swung down his sword lighter then before. And, did it again and again and again. Hoping he was doing correct, he tried paying extra attention to her stances.

Feathers95

Following her example, he swung down his sword lighter then before. And, did it again and again and again. Hoping he was doing correct, he tried paying extra attention to her stances.
"You learn fast, good work. The concept is the same for diagonal or vertical slashes, just alter the way you shift your weight. A stab or thrust is done like so." She explained before showing him a simple forward motion with her blade, extending from her side to far in front. "Do not stab from your center if you can help it, as stabbing from your left or right side will give you more power."

"Alright, practice these basic techniques and continue your exercise regime for the next week or so. Then, come find me again."

(OOC: I'm going to head to bed now, but I'll respond in the morning ^^)