How many chapters to save up before launching new work?

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
I have been struck by divine inspiration to create a garbage, cliche comedy. How many chapters would be ideal to save up before launching? Or, since it’s just going to be a potato chip story anyhow, should I just do it and sporadically update whenever I feel like it?

LilRora

Mostly formless
My personal choice is to post 2 or 3 at first in short intervals and have enough to keep posting for at least a month or two afterwards. It usually ends up being 15-20 chapters.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
It depend if you go for a long story and how much you want to release each week. I think having at least one month of stock pile chapters are good. For my story I waited reaching the chapter 100 before starting to publish it.

placeintime

Yeeting myself out
I usually do like 30 because you can post it everyday for a month.

Daitengu

Dunno about as a writer, but as a reader I don't bother with a story unless it's complete or has atleast 20 chapters. There's just a whole lot of stories that get dropped under 20. Generally by that time the author knows if they're going to continue it or not.

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
Thank you everyone for your input! I will probably stock up for a month and then publish.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
5, posting one every two to four hours to take advantage of 'Newest Releases'. Then one every day for a week.

Best to keep going daily after that, but that requires a huge backlog.

I think the most efficient route is to finish the story and then publish it, lol.

D

Deleted member 54065

I finish an entire volume first, before releasing a new story. And I make sure I planned my stories ahead, so I won't be lost if I took a break from it for a long while.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
At a minimum of ten but 15-20 most of the time.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
You start at the end and work your way back to the beginning. So all of it.

Temple

Just publish it. I don't stock chapters before publishing because I'll easily get disinterested. I use the fact that I already uploaded as a motivation to continue. If I stock chapters first, it'll probably take me months to even begin publishing.