Adventurer's Guild ⛩️ Gates of Scribblia ⛩️: Open D&D Thread

Are you ready to roll the dice and let your story unfold?

• Total voters

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
Sample Actions:

Lythia: "I want to collect some wood as materials for a quarterstaff." (Survival 6 + 4 = 10).

"I'll also investigate the abandoned hut." (Investigate 17 + 1 = 18)
Survival: Nothing but firewood.
Investigate: Found someone's stashed coin purse.
@Cipiteca396, you rolled a 95
95 copper coins. Wait? That's the exact same roll as last time...
Rigged.
Nadia:
˝/\__/\˝
(✿≧∇≦) I shall see if I can collect some herbs and berries, and then go with Lythia just in case someone comes by.

Maybe I can make a favorable impression with them.
16 (+3) + 13 = 32
14 [+2] (+3) + 10 = 29
Survival: You gathered enough berries and herbs to serve as a day's rations for everyone, and you can sell the inedible things at the guild for 9GP.
Hverf climbing the highest tree, to see, what is around (dexterity check?)
Then he also joins party members to search abandoned hut.

14 + 2 = 16
17 - 1 = 16
You manage to reach the top of the tree, where you spot Goblins waiting in ambush ahead. (In the next scene, Goblin Ambush will be disabled. Even though I was looking forward to that. :blob_cringe:)
Since there are many different herbs in the forest clearing, I collected those that were healing. Using my alchemy kit, I tried to make healing potions.

11+4(sleight of hand modifier)=15
I was lucky and made 2 common healing potions.(I can do this, right?)
You'll need to roll another die, but the DC is only 15, so you're quite likely to succeed.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
if survival = 10
if investigation = 10 - 2(int) = 8
Hunting is survival.
Investigation is for searching for traps, secret doors, clues, or information that isn't covered by Knowledge skills.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
ghan would try to hunt in the calda forest
(would that be survival check or investigation?)
Ghan checks for recent signs of activity in the forest, happening upon a single deer. It's not particularly outstanding, but it would still fetch a decent price if sold.

Currently, it doesn't notice Ghan, but it likely will if he gets any closer.
Roll a DC13 Stealth or attack from range.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
Oh my god, my head suddenly went blank. I can't focus at all. I think I need to go to bed.

If combat starts, I'll create magic stones every turn, and either hand them off or use them against the closest goblin. I'll try to keep a distance otherwise. If they get too close (literally within 5ft), I'll switch to Shillelagh.

To anyone who wants to DM, there are three goblins, normal statblock.
Hverf:
"Lythia, Nadia, Aika, hoy! Werfy (<== Hverf) sees some goblins ahead of us! They are patiently waiting. Is this an ambush? We should be vigilant."
@Cipiteca396 @Stealthy_Enigma @rake1025
Lythia: "Considering our lack of equipment, even goblins could be dangerous to us. If we want to fight them, I can make three Magic Stones at a time. I can share them with anyone who doesn't have a ranged attack."

"Otherwise, we can try to sneak around them or... try to talk, I suppose. Don't advise it though."

Necron

Ghan checks for recent signs of activity in the forest, happening upon a single deer. It's not particularly outstanding, but it would still fetch a decent price if sold.

Currently, it doesn't notice Ghan, but it likely will if he gets any closer.
Roll a DC13 Stealth or attack from range.
ghan knows he is not in the ocean as such he attack by throwing his javelin
14+17(S)+6 =37 - 20 = 17

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
ghan knows he is not in the ocean as such he attack by throwing his javelin
14+17(S)+6 =37 - 20 = 17
It was a clean throw, hitting the deer in the vitals, causing it to bleed out and die shortly after. There was very little damage to the meat, so the town will readily accept it. Though there are a lot of capable hunters in Guildinggston, so there isn't a high demand.

You may sell the deer for 90cp or attempt to skin it yourself. If you attempt to skin it yourself, DC 14 Sleight of Hand, on success you sell it without the processing fees for 1sp and 10cp, on fail, the goods are damaged and sells for only 70cp.

rake1025

I think we can defeat them even though there are no strong fighters on our team, but before the fight, I will check my perception to see if there are more goblins besides these three.
SHF Dice Roller

Min: 1

Max: 20

@rake1025, you rolled a 16
16+4(bonus of perception)=20

Necron

It was a clean throw, hitting the deer in the vitals, causing it to bleed out and die shortly after. There was very little damage to the meat, so the town will readily accept it. Though there are a lot of capable hunters in Guildinggston, so there isn't a high demand.

You may sell the deer for 90cp or attempt to skin it yourself. If you attempt to skin it yourself, DC 14 Sleight of Hand, on success you sell it without the processing fees for 1sp and 10cp, on fail, the goods are damaged and sells for only 70cp.
12+ 2 = 14
its not fish but with little more time than usual ghan was able to skin the deer
and he went straight to Stoned Forge
"blacksmith would you be able to help me make a shield from this? you can have the meat too"said ghan as he present the skin and bones of the deer

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
12+ 2 = 14
its not fish but with little more time than usual ghan was able to skin the deer
and he went straight to Stoned Forge
"blacksmith would you be able to help me make a shield from this? you can have the meat too"said ghan as he present the skin and bones of the deer
The dwarf glances at the deer's remains, and shakes his head.

"Whatever spear you used to punched through all that with ease. It won't make a good shield at all. At best, it can be used as decoration for a proper one." He gestures towards the many different shields hanging on the wall.

"Obviously I won't be using the entire deer for a shield, so I can offer you a discoun- wait, no."

His eyes look up towards you as he nods in recognition.

"You're a party member of that boy, eh? An earnest worker, that one." He moves towards the back of the forge, and you hear things being shifted around before he walks out with a beaten-up wooden shield.

"He tried to fix this one, it would be passable elsewhere, but it ain't good enough for me." He scoffs.

"Tell you what, I don't really need money. What I want is respect. Your bunch seem to have a good future, so if you'll let me engrave the Stoned name on this shield and any equipment I make for you in the future, I'll add the deer to it and give it to you free of charge."

You may obtain a [Decorated Wooden Shield]
It was made from an old wooden shield, so it doesn't provide much defense as a normal one. +1 to AC(-1 to all incoming physical damage in sandbox) as long as the shield is held. The front is decorated with the pelt and bones of a deer, arranged in a way that it gives the impression of a dying animal. +1 to Intimidation checks while held.

At the back of the shield, the initials 'E. Stoned' are engraved in big letters, letting everyone know your equipment was made by a Stoned dwarf.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
I think we can defeat them even though there are no strong fighters on our team, but before the fight, I will check my perception to see if there are more goblins besides these three.

16+4(bonus of perception)=20
You are certain that there are only 3 goblins, and from their state, they have trekked quite far from their camp.

Necron

The dwarf glances at the deer's remains, and shakes his head.

"Whatever spear you used to punched through all that with ease. It won't make a good shield at all. At best, it can be used as decoration for a proper one." He gestures towards the many different shields hanging on the wall.

"Obviously I won't be using the entire deer for a shield, so I can offer you a discoun- wait, no."

His eyes look up towards you as he nods in recognition.

"You're a party member of that boy, eh? An earnest worker, that one." He moves towards the back of the forge, and you hear things being shifted around before he walks out with a beaten-up wooden shield.

"He tried to fix this one, it would be passable elsewhere, but it ain't good enough for me." He scoffs.

"Tell you what, I don't really need money. What I want is respect. Your bunch seem to have a good future, so if you'll let me engrave the Stoned name on this shield and any equipment I make for you in the future, I'll add the deer to it and give it to you free of charge."

You may obtain a [Decorated Wooden Shield]
It was made from an old wooden shield, so it doesn't provide much defense as a normal one. +1 to AC(-1 to all incoming physical damage in sandbox) as long as the shield is held. The front is decorated with the pelt and bones of a deer, arranged in a way that it gives the impression of a dying animal. +1 to Intimidation checks while held.

At the back of the shield, the initials 'E. Stoned' are engraved in big letters, letting everyone know your equipment was made by a Stoned dwarf.
Ghan: "thank you and if you ever need a material from a beast call for me and i shall hunt it down"
ghan gave the dwarf a small nod and left

rake1025

I give one health potion to Hverf, because he will be tanking (he has the highest health in our group, 10 hp), and aim the crossbow at the right goblin. Aika: We need to kill two of them before they notice us so that during close combat there is minimal chance that one of us will have to make saving throws, nya.

Lostinthecause

As Advaya stirred, his senses slowly came to life. He found himself in an unfamiliar place, a formidable fortress shrouded in an eerie aura. The air was thick with otherworldly energy, and ethereal beings floated seemed to be around him, their spectral forms dancing in the half-light. His heart raced as confusion mingled with a growing anger. He hadn't ventured anywhere near ancient sites or invoked any spirits, yet he stood within the imposing walls of this fortress.

Advaya turned in a circle, surveying his surroundings. The fortress seemed to stretch endlessly in all directions, its architecture both imposing and captivating. The stone walls rose high into the unknown, adorned with intricate runes and carvings that seemed to pulse with arcane power. A shiver ran down his spine as he realized the magnitude of the enigma that enveloped him.

Amidst the strangeness, an unexpected scent wafted through the air, disrupting his thoughts. It was the unmistakable aroma of freshly baked apple pie, a scent that carried a sense of warmth and comfort. Advaya furrowed his brow, puzzled by this unexpected olfactory intrusion. He pinched his nose to confirm that it wasn't a hallucination, and the scent only grew stronger as he followed it towards the fortress's entrance.

With each step, his uncertainty deepened. The entrance loomed before him, a massive, ancient-looking gateway adorned with symbols and sigils that seemed to resonate with the ethereal presence. Advaya hesitated, not knowing where this portal would lead or what awaited him on the other side. The anger that had initially consumed him now gave way to a curious determination, for he was determined to uncover the mysteries that had drawn him into this fortress and the tantalizing scent of apple pie that beckoned him forward. @SsemouyOnan @Rhaps I rolled 5

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
As Advaya stirred, his senses slowly came to life. He found himself in an unfamiliar place, a formidable fortress shrouded in an eerie aura. The air was thick with otherworldly energy, and ethereal beings floated seemed to be around him, their spectral forms dancing in the half-light. His heart raced as confusion mingled with a growing anger. He hadn't ventured anywhere near ancient sites or invoked any spirits, yet he stood within the imposing walls of this fortress.

Advaya turned in a circle, surveying his surroundings. The fortress seemed to stretch endlessly in all directions, its architecture both imposing and captivating. The stone walls rose high into the unknown, adorned with intricate runes and carvings that seemed to pulse with arcane power. A shiver ran down his spine as he realized the magnitude of the enigma that enveloped him.

Amidst the strangeness, an unexpected scent wafted through the air, disrupting his thoughts. It was the unmistakable aroma of freshly baked apple pie, a scent that carried a sense of warmth and comfort. Advaya furrowed his brow, puzzled by this unexpected olfactory intrusion. He pinched his nose to confirm that it wasn't a hallucination, and the scent only grew stronger as he followed it towards the fortress's entrance.

With each step, his uncertainty deepened. The entrance loomed before him, a massive, ancient-looking gateway adorned with symbols and sigils that seemed to resonate with the ethereal presence. Advaya hesitated, not knowing where this portal would lead or what awaited him on the other side. The anger that had initially consumed him now gave way to a curious determination, for he was determined to uncover the mysteries that had drawn him into this fortress and the tantalizing scent of apple pie that beckoned him forward. @SsemouyOnan @Rhaps I rolled 5
a 5 doesn't mean you get yeeted to the backroom Twilight Fortress. You just get your money stolen

Advaya hears giggles all around him, from behind, from above, from his sides, and even underground.

You see a cat with rainbow fur sat in front of you, "Greetings, are you someone who stumbled into this realm? Or a guest eho received an invitation?"

Lostinthecause

a 5 doesn't mean you get yeeted to the backroom Twilight Fortress. You just get your money stolen

Advaya hears giggles all around him, from behind, from above, from his sides, and even underground.

You see a cat with rainbow fur sat in front of you, "Greetings, are you someone who stumbled into this realm? Or a guest eho received an invitation?"
Advaya felt bad omission coming from the cat, he observed it and checked if there were similar spirits around it, but finding nothing, he approached Cate, and answered, "Uninvited, thanks to your kind." His voice carried an angry tone

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
I give one health potion to Hverf, because he will be tanking (he has the highest health in our group, 10 hp), and aim the crossbow at the right goblin. Aika: We need to kill two of them before they notice us so that during close combat there is minimal chance that one of us will have to make saving throws, nya.
If your party is ready, just roll for initiative and @ me

Lostinthecause

It's official, the Fey hate #TeamMabel, they robbed each and every one of us of our gp. This is criminal.

Also, a 5 does not teleport you to the fortress, you just lose gp
Oh, can I be teleported pretty please? I have already written a passage :'[