What is your favorite vampire subspecies? Do you like catpire?

Meowhat nyis nyur favorite vampire subspecies nya~?

• Total voters

J_Chemist

Creampir— dragonpire sounds nice.

Nyu can nyake it to the castle nya!
There it is, boys. Permission to bring home the bacon.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Mimic-Pire. I have a thing for mimics. My tastes are too refined for normal, singular, comprehensible forms.
1701315378757.png

Jemini

Meowhat nyis nyur favorite vampire subspecies nya~? Do nyu like nekyonpire nya~? My favorite nyis witchpire.

I was thinking maybe you might go by eras of Vampire lore.

Bham Stoker

Movie-age

Buffy Vampires

Anime Vampires

Webnovel Vampires

Stephanie Mire Vampires.

They each have different and distinct lore. The most ubiquitous among them in the Western world, having the lore most people think is the true Vampire lore, are the Buffy Vampires.

Us here on these forums probably know the Webnovel Vampires better, those are the ones who introduce the concept of 4 classes of Vampire ancestry. Common Vampires, Noble Vampires, True Bloods, and True Ancestors.

Of the 6 classes of Vampire though, the original Bham Stoker vampires are by far the hardest to kill. It requires following a series of fairly exact steps, the first of which is driving a stake through it's heart. Unlike the Buffy vampires who are instantly killed upon getting staked, the Bham Stoker vampire only gets paralyzed and will be perfectly fine after taking the stake out. There are still 2 more steps after that which must be performed, and that's more of a long-term sealing method than a permanent solution.

(Interestingly, The Castlevania series does it's portrayal of Dracula pretty darn accurately in terms of how impossible he is to kill. He just won't freaking stay dead and keeps resurrecting every century or so. That is entirely original lore accurate.)