Readers..

• Thread starter Deleted member 144885
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 144885

Can anyone give me any suggestion how I can increase my number of readers or just any suggestion about my novel "school x love" It would really help me morally and to improve(>y<)

SailusGebel

Write what is popular, or at least include something popular, update consistently for a long time. If you upload more than 1 chapter a day, spread your releases, or else your novel will be marked as spam, and will be hidden from latest updates for a day or so.

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
You can either write what is popular, which will be ok if you like GL Smut Isekai LitRPGs, or make peace with the fact that you will have just a handful of people showing up for each chapter.

The choice is yours. Why do you write?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Keep promoting it as much as you can while also releasing chapters at a consistent rate. 1-6 chapters a week is considered the norm for consistent chapters. That said, if you get lucky or already have a readerbase then you can post one big chapter a month.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Know the target audience. People on SH like isekai, GB, GL, smut, but the main thing is isekai/fantasy. The most popular are usually the slice of life type isekai.
Daily uploads in the fantasy genre
And daily uploads as Corty said. Consistency is the main thing. When I was consistent in an older novel I got 1k readers in 5ish months, but my ongoing novel has around 450 readers with no consistency. The only thing in common with both of them is Fantasy/Isekai.

Succubiome

Structural stuff for interacting with Scribblehub.
1. Don't upload chapters more than once/day-- algorithm will eventually think you're spamming. I think you can go like 8 or 12 hours apart, but if you do it right in a row you won't get as much visibility.
2. Might be worth putting the "body swap" tag into your tag list, judging from the description? If Xion and Tanaka are different genders, you might wanna put in the "gender bender" tag too. Those are both relatively popular, I think.

Writing feedback stuff:
3. I dunno if it's just what you copy-pasted your story from, but your formatting is kinda weird-- lots of unusual linebreaks, lacking spaces and punctuation and capitalization in some places. It might be worth working on this? I know this is hard, but it does make a huge difference in readability.
4. You have two viewpoint protagonists you swap between constantly -- I think? -- but I can't tell them apart in the differences in their chapters through word choice/thoughts/etc.
5. Most importantly, but perhaps in part because of the above two, I can't easily tell what's going on in general, and less in an "ooh mysterious" way and more in a "I don't understand enough to even know what's happening in the first place" way.

I could be wrong, but I think your issue is with writing clearly-- you could have all the right tags and topics, and if people can't tell what's happening, it's going to be harder for them to get into it.

You clearly have an admirable passion, writing 24.8k words is like, half a novel... but I think that's the sticking point for you right now with a lot of readers.

J_Chemist

The sky is blue,
I fuck you.
Then we cuddle,
In a warm puddle.
1701454431592.png

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
I just mostly follow the creed of my life: "Fuck it, we ball"

Though as someone in a study closely related to social engineering, I do see patterns on SH

1. Anime cover will always get more clicks

2. Title should be concise, not too long. Enough to explain the premist but not give enough context. Like 'Salvos', a name which make the readers knows the name of the MC and want to know what she does, or my 'Infinity in the Void - Freedom in the Abyss', the way I placed the two sentences gives off a sense of duality and mystery, feeding into people's curiosity

3. Time management, I spent a full day just reloading SH to see which time is best to upload, preferably when traffic is relatively high but also has the lowest update rates.

4. Tags, the more tags the better, giving reader more context of what you are up to. But not all tags are needed, as they are just food to feed into readers' curiosity. Give some parts of the context, not all. My rule of thumb is first put all the tags you think fit your story, then remove half of them to make an incomplete picture.

5. Word counts, or I what I like to call it, scroll length. You can write however many words you like, but you have to write so it doesn't feel too short. People are generally more attracted to long chapter, you can trick their mind by using separating paragraphs to give off a feeling that there are a lot of words.

6. Don't make your story for a general audience, don't create self-insert MC or characters. Make them play by your rules, as it is your story, not theirs.