How fast did your novel take off?

Glitched

Moth Mommy
I don't really care about the best ways to get a novel going or popular, I'm just curious about how fast some of you guys stuff took off. Not for a comparison, I just wanna know since the forum active is typically good writers.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
About 2 months to start hitting its stride. 4 months until it hit its upper bound on scribblehub, still growing on royalroad (1 year in).

Roseofblades

Edit: I reread your original post. I realized you didn't want advice. :P

It truly does depend on the reader base. On here Empress is doing awesome, albeit for a few trolls. On Royal Road, however... it has pretty much bombed. I am still posting chapters there once a day, but I don't spend almost any time fine tuning and answering all the comments on there that I do here.

I posted Empress in mid November, and Goddess in December. Empress is up to nearly 1k readers and 84k views. I also do updates 3x per week. Goddess is up to nearly 600 readers and 28k views. I only update that once I've finished a chapter, which is between 1-2 per week.

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
It took me about 6 months of releasing a chapter daily before I got 100 readers on one story for this site.

ParticleOfSand

Miserable one
I have 494k words across 151 chapters with 220ish readers. There are plenty of stories on this site with far higher ratios than mine.

Last edited:

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
If a new story that has yet to take off is a plane idling on the runway, all of my stories broke down on the taxiway.

That is to say... I didn't even reach the point of publishing the first chapter.

Roseofblades

Apparently Goddess is also #6 on trending today too... I'm taking it from the plethora of other comments that this isn't normal for such "new" stories?

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
So, first 12-20~ chapters of Nexus Awakened got me on Trending just a week+ (from memory) after it came out back in mid/late 2022 and remained in Trending for some time. Within the month I was at 70-100k views. It pretty much exploded right out of the gates and I could not have been more happier for it.

Whether it was luck still makes me wonder to this day. All I know is that I put everything I had into the story and its structure prior to releasing it after lots of past failures.

Similarly, my side stories despite their low chapter counts had a good number of views in a decently short amount of time thanks to the main story (Nexus Awakened).

Last edited:

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
Time and luck, I've got onto trending 3 times now and I can attribute it to those two elements.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I don't really care about the best ways to get a novel going or popular, I'm just curious about how fast some of you guys stuff took off. Not for a comparison, I just wanna know since the forum active is typically good writers.
mine got popular really quick, especially the first one i posted here. It was like, the very first day or two SH was officially launched. I was a long time member of NUF so i posted my story here pretty fast and by then i already had a lot of chapters and readers at Webnovel...my story was on trending here for quite some time. It MIGHT have even been the first story to trend here after the live launch, but dont quote me on that. I just dont remember any other story here back in the first week or two, either.

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
Depends on how you define 'took off'.