Why are the companies trying to literally kill off all their best characters?

MrPopocap

First of all, this whole post is a rant about the game Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League, so if you don't want spoilers, please stop reading it now.

Ok, with that out of the way, WTF IS THIS TREND OF KILLING OFF FAN FAVORITES CHARACTERS LIKE THEY ARE NOTHING?

First, we have Joel from TLOU, now Batman, Flash, Superman, etc. I don't get it. Like, normally, only Batman was needed to take down the 4 MC from the game, but somehow even when the JL wasn't holding back, ( Flash said this in the game) they were killed easily.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the fact that they were killed ( I even want some main character to die, mainly Steve from ST, and Shepard from Mass Effect, as it would make sense given the arcs they had throughout their respective media) but the way they do it on the games is so disrespectful, to say the least. Joel, a hardened survivor who managed to outlive 90% of the world population by that point, died because he let his guard down in the middle of a room with a lot of strangers, something he would never do normally, but did anyway because of PLOT. Hell, FLASH WAS PISSED ON by Captain Boomerang in the game, Batman was killed by Harley Quinn with a shot to the head when it was already established his 'helmet' is bulletproof in the other Arkham Games. And no, the whole brainwashed thing doesn't fit here, not even the end where the main villain says he wanted to see what the SQ could do, so he let them come to him. That's just pure bullshit to try and make sense of this ridiculous plot.

If they made this game separated from the Arkham universe, maybe, just MAYBE, it would be acceptable what they did, but no, they had to destroy all of Batman's legacy from that universe. The game has no redeemable qualities, so for those who want to buy it, don't be like me who did it, please don't waste your money.

Another can of worms that I don't really want to open is the fact that the only member of the JL who had an honorable death was Wonder Woman, who is a woman, the rest were disrespected on so many levels that it's ridiculous.

Anyway, I really want to go inside those companies and ask what the hell were they thinking when they made those games? Like, I don't get it, you gave a middle finger to your fans and when they react by not buying your game or supporting your company, you act surprised.

I just wanted to play games to have fun, enjoy the story, and be satisfied when I beat the game. But, for the last few years, the plot of the games was getting worse and worse, and I see myself having to only play multiplayer games, to not get frustrated with games that focus on the plot, because they were getting to a whole new level of trashiness.

RIP Arkham Batman, you will be missed!

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
I don't know the game, but the name seems suggestive to the death of the heroes...
And if you don't like bad games, don't play them.
Edit: for extra info.

MrPopocap

I don't know the game, but the name seems suggestive to the death of the heroes...
And if you don't like bad games, don't play them.
Edit: for extra info.
I don't mind they dying, is how they do it.

SailusGebel

And I trusted

BigBadBoi

Because they're hack writers and need to blackrock ESGbucks. Wouldn't be surprised if the suicide squad game is originally a side project that got tied into the arkhamverse by shareholders to generate more money and faceplanting to the ground.

MrPopocap

Because they're hack writers and need to blackrock ESGbucks. Wouldn't be surprised if the suicide squad game is originally a side project that got tied into the arkhamverse by shareholders to generate more money and faceplanting to the ground.
What baffles me is that they had 9 FUCKING YEARS of devepeloment and they give us that horse shit. I could literally make a better script in a week.

If only they contacted me on time, things would've been different!

MrPopocap

>Plays game called "Kill the Justice League"
>The game delivers and you brutally kill them one by one
>Get upset about it.
>I mean, you walked into the bear trap fully knowing it would crush your leg...
Again , I dont mind one bit killing all of them, but PLEASE make sense when and how you do it. The game developer failed to do that.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
Irreverence annoys me too, but that seems to he the culture of the mainstream right now.

PancakesWitch

Again , I dont mind one bit killing all of them, but PLEASE make sense when and how you do it. The game developer failed to do that.
they dont need to make any sense, every game developer can do wahtever they want, you can always just not care about it and not buy or play the game...
its like seeing a yaoi BL novel, and it says what it is in the title, yet you chose to read it despite not liking yaoi, and then complaining to the author about how he would dare write such a thing, like are you the king of the world or something? everyone can do whatever they want sire

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Desire to push new, diverse characters because they perceive they need diversity rather than well written characters.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
it's just a game
No. It isn't. Not to the creators.
This is politics, not game design. We have long past the point where someone could say this was stupidity and we have moved onto malice.

It isn't JUST a game if the creator did something JUST to piss people off.

Hey. Hey Dummycake. Your mother is a whore and died drowning in piss.
Just a joke bro. Don't get upset.

Now I'm going to post this, or something like it, EVERY DAY, for the rest of your life.

At what point does it stop being "just a joke"?

We have long past the point of "just a joke/game" YEARS ago. This is politics. This is ideology. This is religion. These freaks HATE what you like. They don't want you to be happy. They are bullies. They are bigots. They are everything wrong with ignorant people, and they THINK they are the good guys. They are the new nazis.
they dont need to make any sense, every game developer can do wahtever they want, you can always just not care about it and not buy or play the game...
What ignorance.
Do you write?
Whatever it is, it needs their approval, or you need to get rid of it.
Do you think they won't come for scribble hub? You think with enough money they WON'T come down to our level? I used to be a bill collector. I could destroy your life, LEGALLY, even if you DIDN'T owe me any money. If I could do that 20 years ago, you think that you are now SAFER?

You aren't.

If they were greedy and evil, we could at least bargain wth them. No. These are fools who think they are the GOOD GUYS doing the RIGHT THING. It doesn't matter that Rockstar is destroyed. THEY DID THE RIGHT THING.

That's a level of insanity you are not prepared to handle.
I always give that advice to people when they find bad content. Don't like something, don't consume it. I'm surprised by the number of times when people don't follow it, though. Are you an M?
No. He's just a normie who got blindsided. Most people don't even know this shit is going on. Hell. The Southern border of the US is a single bad day away from being the next Civil War in America and you know what? NOBODY KNOWS. I brought it up to everyone at my job, and I WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT, and nobody had a CLUE.

Do you think this guy who liked the company's past games KNEW this was coming? No. Most people got jobs and are too busy to worry about shit like this, so when it shows up in THIER playground, it takes them off guard. This shit has been going on for 10 YEARS, but most people don't know.
What baffles me is that they had 9 FUCKING YEARS of devepeloment and they give us that horse shit. I could literally make a better script in a week.
Dude... this is nothing new.

The LAST time this happened was the 1970's. Remember Disco? The Era where EVERYTHING had to look ugly? This is just Disco. All this shit going on now, happened then, except there was no Internet to make it obvious. The same thing is going to happen after the 70's. Movies are going to DIE. The Industry will implode, there will be a reorganization, and in a few years, everyone will be wearing Shoulder pads, three day stubble, Big guns, Movies will turn back to Manly men Rescuing women who are in peril, and Greed will become Good again.

Then that will grow old, corrupt, collapse, and it will start ALL OVER AGAIN.

Last edited:

BigBadBoi

every game developer can do wahtever they want
No they don't, unless they're indie. If they're in a company or with a publisher they have to listen to higher ups orders no matter how garbage the orders are. Like how the dev team complained about 2 player coop in dead space 3 and forced to redo every single map worth months of work to accomodate said feature that made the game flop in the first place.