OK, who do I bribe or what do I have to do to get my new Fanfic on Trendings?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
It is unknown how to properly get into trending. Most of the time it is people who wrote a bunch of long, grammatically correct, and intriguing chapters before to release over a few weeks. Then once they have enough readers will go to posting once week to once a month. The amount of readers, likes, comment discourse, and ratings all add up for the trending list so doing this can be very effective.

SailusGebel

It is unknown how to properly get into trending. Most of the time it is people who wrote a bunch of long, grammatically correct, and intriguing chapters before to release over a few weeks. Then once they have enough readers will go to posting once week to once a month. The amount of readers, likes, comment discourse, and ratings all add up for the trending list so doing this can be very effective.
Bruh.

MrPopocap

Instructions unclear, I gave it 5 stars on every fic;
So, theres nothing I can do but wait and see how things go?

.... Shit

BlackKnightX

Write some good shit and release it regularly. One thing to keep in mind: DO NOT BORE READERS. Boring shit is the ultimate sin of all sins.

Tease the readers from the cover to the title to the synopsis to the genres and tags and so on. The virtual foreplay starts right from the moment readers lay eyes on your cover. Lure them in and never them them go.

Also, do not procrastinate. Take it from your senior who has perfected the art of procrastination. You're better off taking another path, kiddo.

MrPopocap

Write some good shit and release it regularly. One thing to keep in mind: DO NOT BORE READERS. Boring shit is the ultimate sin of all sins.

Tease the readers from the cover to the title to the synopsis to the genres and tags and so on. The virtual foreplay starts right from the moment readers lay eyes on your cover. Lure them in and never them them go.

Also, do not procrastinate. Take it from your senior who has perfected the art of procrastination. You're better off taking another path, kiddo.
No one likes boring things , so I run away from that.

But, procastinanting is soooo good... writing 3 chapters a week is my limit. The other 4 days I don't even touch my fic, or I might die.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Instructions unclear, I gave it 5 stars on every fic;
Oh, no. She's gonna be unhappy about that.
So, theres nothing I can do but wait and see how things go?

.... Shit
Yeah, pretty much. I'm sorry. However, I would suggest posting on as many sites as possible and as consistently as possible to find where it does the best as each site has different niches.

ACertainPassingUser

Create the most clickbaity title you can make with the most interesting cover possible.

Its okay if you stole the title or the cover rimage from somewehre else.

Just change it whenever you have spare money for comissioning better image/title.

But, procastinanting is soooo good... writing 3 chapters a week is my limit. The other 4 days I don't even touch my fic, or I might die.
I saved the whole weekend to write chapters for my backlog, I wanted to write at least 4 and finish another one that was only 600 words away.

In the end, I only managed to finish the chapter that was 600 words away all weekend, procrastination is hell.

jrell

Just accept that you won't. Sometimes, it feels like Tony has hired some Tibetan shaman who spends their evenings looking at the stars and talking with the spirits, only to decide who will make it to the trending list today.

Praybird

Just accept that you won't. Sometimes, it feels like Tony has hired some Tibetan shaman who spends their evenings looking at the stars and talking with the spirits, only to decide who will make it to the trending list today.
Wait, then couldn't we just bribe the Tibetan shaman?

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
Write to market. It doesn't matter how objectively good your story, characters, and prose are if you aren't writing the content that the general SH reading public is interested in reading.

MrPopocap

Write to market. It doesn't matter how objectively good your story, characters, and prose are if you aren't writing the content that the general SH reading public is interested in reading.
So ... smut, BL & GL, gender bender?

Well , I dont have that, so I guess I'm never going to go on trending, huh.

So ... smut, BL & GL, gender bender?

Well , I dont have that, so I guess I'm never going to go on trending, huh.
I do see a lot that are trending that didn't fall into those genres.

I do see the merit in this. But it might mean you have to end every chapter with some sort of cliffhanger, or creating some incentives for your reader to wait patiently for the next chap.