Does your MC know basic skills?

LilRora

Mostly formless
I feel like cooking and cleaning should be in a different category from the other two, since cooking and cleaning are pretty much universal while leatherworking and wood cutting (as well as a majority of other traditional crafts) are much more situational and aren't exactly basic in a modern society.

Most of mine do know the former and don't know the latter.

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems
Some do, some don't. The real main character (aka tgw) doesn't know how to leatherwork or wood-cut

Obsoleteness

Is making charcoal considered a basic skill? Because my MC can do that by using food as the base material :blob_hmm:

Jerynboe

Erich: He’s a very mediocre cook and can clean a house if he needed to.
Curtis: He’s a fairly good cook and excellent at general domestic tasks, bilingual, and a pretty above average pianist.
Gil: Yes he knows how to do everything he’s on like his 15th life, the gods keep erasing any skill that would make him be born too powerful. He keeps trying to learn random minor skills on the off chance he will be allowed to keep them and maybe they will come up.

ACertainPassingUser

I have yet to post any story. But there's many MC from my draft.

MC #1 know how to cook. After he got sent into Xianxia, he simply continue to learn asian food and trying his best to get western ingredients. Nowadays he cook for the "Local Protagonist" whenever he visit.

MC #2 have to is still beginner and he got to learn how to cook as an hobby in another world, because he got summoned as Hero for the kingdom. Hero stamina is insane, he learn combat in the day and cooking in the night. Poor castle chefs tho.

MC #3 didn't know how to cook, therefore he's stripped of his Hero status and the relevant Overpower abilities appropriate in another world. But he will never know that for the rest of his life.

MC #4 learn to cook from his sister. But nowasays he's only eat at take-outs due to his busy schedule. He doesnt have time to cook nowadays.

MC #5 is a Noble in grimdark world. He never cook in his life. When he got into the ritual, he became some sort of monster, and only eat raw flesh. Cooked meat and veggies no longer appetizing to him. He no longer feels alive these days.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Most of my MC can't cook, let alone cut wood! That's what men are for. :blob_aww:

Sergeandgreen

Atlas: He knows farming, leather working, basic/advanced craftsmanship, cooking and cleaning.
Charlotte: She knows nothing. She is a spoiled brat with no sense for money or duty and is only slowly getting used to those things as she grows up and takes on more responsibilities.
Darius: He knows how to use every part of a dead body, including those of humans. Letting a body rot is a sin in his eyes. As a soldier, he also knows most basic skills, even though his craftsmanship is quite limited.

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yes, and so does her husband and boyfriend. The Kaiba brothers . . . not so much.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Yes. To ensure strength in their leaders, princes do learn this stuff