Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Elaine (V) [CLOSED/ @Bochi @ohko]

"Welp, busted. So much for that. I thought you said my disguise was impeccable, Sora?"

The Miko rolled her eyes.

"To strangers, yes. Evidently the young miss here knows you better than you expected."

"Fair, fair. I concur. In that case, looks like I have no choice except to come clean. Bah, I'm no good with this kind of stuff."

"Eh? Then there wouldn't have been the need for this song and dance, would there?"

"Ahem. This and that are entirely different matters..."

Strolling casually forward Elaine started explaining.

"Where should I begin? I'll answer your question first. True enough, I'm not Vicious. But I am also Vicious."

She stopped and frowned to herself.

"That didn't come out quite right. It sounded like the mutterings of a philosopher. Ahem, take two. A few days back Vicious---your Vicious---did herself a discourtesy and beat herself up really badly. Poor girl was a jumble of conflicting emotions by then, so she decided to take a break from...well, being herself. She went into slumber, so to speak."

To prove her point Elaine closed her eyes briefly, and when she opened them again the irises were bright crimson. Like a pair of rubies.

"But she also had stuff to handle so just falling into unconsciousness wasn't an option, and she somehow ran into me in her dreams, so we made a deal. Sanctuary in exchange for a stroll outside."

Elaine got right in front of Okarin, tilting forward to take a closer look. Then she reached out and started patting.

"So, no, I'm not quite Vicious on the inside, but this body is still hers. And honestly, what's your deal? Her little sister, maybe?"

*Squish* *Squish*

"You've got some chubby cheeks too. What the hell, that's adorable."

Okarin frowned and struggled away from Vicious's... Not-Vicious's... squeezing.

"Vicious is... important... to me."

They spun away and backed off a few feet.

Okarin rubbed their cheeks where they had been pinched.

There was still an air of suspicion in Okarin's posture.

"And why should I believe you?" They asked.

"How do I know that you're not holding Vicious hostage? That you didn't steal her body by force?"

The thirteen-year-old-appearing slime was still on guard.

Without taking their eyes off the imposter, Okarin directed their speech at shrine maiden that they still didn't like.

"And you." Okarin's voice was chilly as they addressed Sora. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Do you even care about Vicious at all?"

Okarin stormed a few steps forward once again.

They recalled from Vicious's quest reports that this "Sora" was somebody who should have been familiar with Vicious since the beginning.

"It doesn't bother you that someone else is walking around in her body? That Vicious suddenly disappeared?"

"You're letting a dangerous stranger who appeared overnight into your bedroom?"

"Who the heck is that... thing...? Where did it come from...?"

"And you believe that... thing... when it claims it didn't steal Vicious's body?"

Okarin was almost angry.

It was almost too obvious.

And Okarin was still skeptical.

The most reasonable explanation was that the miko had defeated Vicious and planted a fake personality in the Liberi. The motive was to manipulate Scribel City into sending aid to Fuyu Machi by compromising the guild representative and manipulating the information that was sent back. By twisting the content of Not-Vicious's quest reports, Fuyu Machi could present a stiff argument for why the guild should send aid to their country.

The other alternative was that there was some kind of Oni or demon-spirit controlling Vicious. Ever since the Vicious's last quest report fighting the Oni... perhaps the demons planted some kind of incomprehensible dark mind magic that took over Vicious's brain. That was another possibility.

In either case... Something had gone terribly wrong... very recently.

Nothing else made any sense.

Siostar

Cizel's travel to Scribble Town (1) OPEN (@Siostar @Generic.Archdemon )

That morning Zorion was was grooming his best friend, the chestnut courser.

"You know, I never asked you what you name is..."

The horse sighed and stomp one of its front hooves.

"Should I name you?" the horse blinked anticipating.

After thinking a moment, Zorion could not think of a fitting name for the horse that saved his life. And simply avoided the problem.

"L-Lets go for a ride instead," the horse shook this head, sighing again. "Sorry..."

The pair trotted and jogged around the out skirts Scribel, but then something caught their eye.

And man obviously injured was unaware of slimes approaching him from behind. Galloping froth, Zorion charged the slims. short spear in hand he thrust at the critters. Miss. and again he missed.

Zorion shook his head, he was not ready for mounted combat. but before he could dismount, the chestnut courser, stomped it hooves and obliterated the slimes one by one.

The horse exhaled and taping thing the ground to shape the residue of dead slime off it hoove. He horse was definitely proud of it self.

"Alright, aright, " Zoroin rubbed the animal's neck calming it. "This will be the second adventurer you save..."

He looked down at the man sitting and asked "Are you alright? Do you need a ride back to town?"

[OC: Zorion, Chestnut Courser, Cizel | Setting: Scibel Outskirt]
For a moment, Cizel thought the spear-wielding ridder will attack him. His worry turned out to be unfounded as the ridder was aiming for the slimes behind Cizel.

The spear hit on empty air, it was no wonder for the weapon was simply too short and the ridder's target was shorter...

Instead, it was the stranger's horse who outshined its owner with a few stomps.
"Great horse," Cizel complimented unconsciously.

A moment later, the stranger asked how Cizel was.

"Yes I'm fine, thanks to your friend," he paused, was about to move his right hand but the pain reminded him of his wounds. "Well, not as I could be. A ride will be very nice... if you both don't mind me to burden you."

"Ah... before I forget, my name is Cizel," the masked person introduced, he then holds a pendant in his left hand and made a small bow to the other two. "May our meeting be blessed by the invisible stars."

"Ah... before I forget, my name is Cizel," the masked person introduced, he then holds a pendant in his left hand and made a small bow to the other two. "May our meeting be blessed by the invisible stars."
"I am Zorion Orti, I am a squi...." No he wasn't a squire not any more, not a blacksmith, not an alchemist..." I don't know what I am."

He shrugged and dismounted, gently he help Cizel on to the horse. "its fast, but two riders will be a bit much..."

Zorion eyed the traveller, he seemed woefully under prepared. and took out 2 portions of rations and a weak healing potion.

"here, take it if you like, and the potion don't drink it until broken bones are set properly."

Siostar

"I am Zorion Orti, I am a squi...." No he wasn't a squire not any more, not a blacksmith, not an alchemist..." I don't know what I am."

He shrugged and dismounted, gently he help Cizel on to the horse. "its fast, but two riders will be a bit much..."

Zorion eyed the traveller, he seemed woefully under prepared. and took out 2 portions of rations and a weak healing potion.

"here, take it if you like, and the potion don't drink it until broken bones are set properly."
With some help, Cizel managed to mount the horse. Though he was wounded, it didn't take too long for him to stabilize on the steed. He caresses the horse, hoping it would be comfortable with him.

As if the ride wasn't enough to help, the stranger suddenly hold some items out to Cizel.

"Thank you stra-" He coughed fakely, "Zorion Orti, I can't tell you how thankful I am, but I don't have enough to repay you as it is, nevermind those gift you are trying give me."

With some help, Cizel managed to mount the horse. Though he was wounded, it didn't take too long for him to stabilize on the steed. He caresses the horse, hoping it would be comfortable with him.

As if the ride wasn't enough to help, the stranger suddenly hold some items out to Cizel.

"Thank you stra-" He coughed fakely, "Zorion Orti, I can't tell you how thankful I am, but I don't have enough to repay you as it is, nevermind those gift you are trying give me."

"Very well." Zorion takes his saddle bag and gear from the horse, and patted the horse a little bit. "It like to run, so I will see you back in town."

Then he thinks a moment, "But I if get distracted, the stable-masters at the guild will take care of the horse.... and try not to make it... mad... it's more dangerous than it looks."

The chestnut horse snorted, as if to say, Damn straight

Quaesitor

Till's Path to Greatness (1) OPEN (@Quaesitor)

With experienced ease, I sneak out of Vanessa's embrace and stuff a pillow where I used to be. Haven't been able to spend a lot of time with my family in the last few days, but I have to keep us above waters. I did promise them a good life, after all, can't have her shoulder the income. I'm aware that she's not too happy about taking up my father's trade, but I don't have much of a choice or other skills, sadly.

So, in order to not get killed, I'll have to get up even earlier today. Gabino seems to slowly wake up, but before he can call my name I shush him and quickly leave the room, putting on the last pieces of my clothes as I close the door to our room behind me. While giving the innkeeper a quick greeting I fasten my sword and leave the inn.

Now, where can I find the space to train? I could... oh well, I suppose outside of the walls it is. Which means jogging, stamina training!

...yaaaay...

I arrive at the walls, desperately panting for air. Maybe... just maybe... I've been drinking too much lately. But a man's gotta have some sort of fun! Whilst slowly catching my breath I leave the city, finding myself a good, even-grounded spot to practice on. Now, where to begin... ah, yes. Posture, footwork, and basic stances. Left foot forward - but not too far, shoulder wide apart... good, good. Seems good. I should be ashamed if this basic stance were a mess.

Footwork... a simple step forward. Keep the weight on the backfoot while keeping the front foot close to the ground and shifting it forward, then pull the back foot forward. That was... decent, I guess. Cross step forward, far simpler, made for crossing larger distances. Works as it sounds like. Volte, changing the foot which is forward without moving forwards or backwards, then changing the foot while moving. The real challenge of that one is keeping the guard in place. Lunge forward! Ack, that range is pathetic... I'll have to stretch more in the future as well. Step to the side. That's... it for the basics of footwork.

Next up would be the guards, but I guess I'll stretch a bit before doing some footwork again, and then move on to the guards.

Siostar

"Very well." Zorion takes his saddle bag and gear from the horse, and patted the horse a little bit. "It like to run, so I will see you back in town."

Then he thinks a moment, "But I if get distracted, the stable-masters at the guild will take care of the horse.... and try not to make it... mad... it's more dangerous than it looks."

The chestnut horse snorted, as if to say, Damn straight
Cizel blinked twice, unsure of what the other meant. When he was about to ask the other person, the steed run off on its own. The horse didn't run on full speed, but it was a bit too quick for Cizel liking.

He did his best to hold the balance and gently trogged on the reins. "Whoa! So fast, I like your spirit, my friend. But can I ask you to slow down a bit?" he asked with a friendly clap to its neck.

He did his best to hold the balance and gently trogged on the reins. "Whoa! So fast, I like your spirit, my friend. But can I ask you to slow down a bit?" he asked with a friendly clap to its neck.
The horse exhaled with some gusto and adhered to the rider's desire. Slowing to a jog, the chestnut courser enter town trotting past various places of Scribel city. The market street, the government house, the taverns and inns, the temple, then finally it stopped outside the guild, the main point of interest and also the the horse's home.

Bochi

Okarin frowned and struggled away from Vicious's... Not-Vicious's... squeezing.

"Vicious is... important... to me."

They spun away and backed off a few feet.

Okarin rubbed their cheeks where they had been pinched.

There was still an air of suspicion in Okarin's posture.

"And why should I believe you?" They asked.

"How do I know that you're not holding Vicious hostage? That you didn't steal her body by force?"

The thirteen-year-old-appearing slime was still on guard.

Without taking their eyes off the imposter, Okarin directed their speech at shrine maiden that they still didn't like.

"And you." Okarin's voice was chilly as they addressed Sora. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Do you even care about Vicious at all?"

Okarin stormed a few steps forward once again.

They recalled from Vicious's quest reports that this "Sora" was somebody who should have been familiar with Vicious since the beginning.

"It doesn't bother you that someone else is walking around in her body? That Vicious suddenly disappeared?"

"You're letting a dangerous stranger who appeared overnight into your bedroom?"

"Who the heck is that... thing...? Where did it come from...?"

"And you believe that... thing... when it claims it didn't steal Vicious's body?"

Okarin was almost angry.

It was almost too obvious.

And Okarin was still skeptical.

The most reasonable explanation was that the miko had defeated Vicious and planted a fake personality in the Liberi. The motive was to manipulate Scribel City into sending aid to Fuyu Machi by compromising the guild representative and manipulating the information that was sent back. By twisting the content of Not-Vicious's quest reports, Fuyu Machi could present a stiff argument for why the guild should send aid to their country.

The other alternative was that there was some kind of Oni or demon-spirit controlling Vicious. Ever since the Vicious's last quest report fighting the Oni... perhaps the demons planted some kind of incomprehensible dark mind magic that took over Vicious's brain. That was another possibility.

In either case... Something had gone terribly wrong... very recently.

Nothing else made any sense.

Elaine straightened her back, frowning.

"I won't waste any time persuading you to believe me. Slimes are able to sense emotion, or so I heard, yeah? Well, here you go, then. I'm keeping her guilt in check for the moment, but I'll let you see some of it. Work your magic or whatever."

She slipped off the ruby ring in her hands, and held her open palm towards Okarin, her expression neutral.

"Go on. I'll provide you a direct link so you can talk to her dream-self as well. Just don't expect too much coherent answers out of it...it's been a while since I met someone with that much pain inside. But regardless, go on. See the truth for yourself."

The hand was waiting there, waiting to be shook.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

Elaine straightened her back, frowning.

"I won't waste any time persuading you to believe me. Slimes are able to sense emotion, or so I heard, yeah? Well, here you go, then. I'm keeping her guilt in check for the moment, but I'll let you see some of it. Work your magic or whatever."

She slipped off the ruby ring in her hands, and held her open palm towards Okarin, her expression neutral.

"Go on. I'll provide you a direct link so you can talk to her dream-self as well. Just don't expect too much coherent answers out of it...it's been a while since I met someone with that much pain inside. But regardless, go on. See the truth for yourself."

The hand was waiting there, waiting to be shook.

Okarin was hesitant.

They extended their hand cautiously and...

And...

Their hands met.

Okarin trembled for a moment.

They didn't say anything.

The slime person looked away.

The Not-Vicious wasn't lying. Okarin could feel that immediately.

And they could also feel the real Vicious too.

A painful presence.

Vicious was very painful.

But Okarin had associated "pain" with Vicious to begin with.

Thinking about Vicious hurt, and it was painful.

It was a bit strange to describe it this way, but this was the real Vicious that had been missing ever since Okarin came here.

Okarin's knees wobbled slightly. They felt unsteady on their feet, and they needed to sit down.

"Can you... promise me... something?" Okarin asked the Not-Vicious.

----

OOC: Okarin can't actually "talk" to someone through touch,

Bochi

Okarin was hesitant.

They extended their hand cautiously and...

And...

Their hands met.

Okarin trembled for a moment.

They didn't say anything.

The slime person looked away.

The Not-Vicious wasn't lying. Okarin could feel that immediately.

And they could also feel the real Vicious too.

A painful presence.

Vicious was very painful.

But Okarin had associated "pain" with Vicious to begin with.

Thinking about Vicious hurt, and it was painful.

It was a bit strange to describe it this way, but this was the real Vicious that had been missing ever since Okarin came here.

Okarin's knees wobbled slightly. They felt unsteady on their feet, and they needed to sit down.

"Can you... promise me... something?" Okarin asked the Not-Vicious.

----

OOC: Okarin can't actually "talk" to someone through touch,

"Well, I can't make a promise without you saying what it is. Go on."

Noticing the wobbling, Elaine slowly squatted down, gesturing for Okarin to do the same as she temporarily broke the connection to take up a cross-legged sitting position.

"Just a word of warning---the deeper you see, the more painful it'll be. That little tingle at the start was nothing compared to what's buried under the layers. Sora and I will keep an eye on your condition on this side, and if you start feeling unwell I'll pull you out of the connection. Sounds okay?"

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Well, I can't make a promise without you saying what it is. Go on."

Noticing the wobbling, Elaine slowly squatted down, gesturing for Okarin to do the same as she temporarily broke the connection to take up a cross-legged sitting position.

"Just a word of warning---the deeper you see, the more painful it'll be. That little tingle at the start was nothing compared to what's buried under the layers. Sora and I will keep an eye on your condition on this side, and if you start feeling unwell I'll pull you out of the connection. Sounds okay?"

Okarin shook their head back and forth a few times.

"I saw what I needed to see to believe you. And to know that Vicious is safe."

They were still holding Not-Vicious's hand.

"I don't think it's right for me to look any deeper, especially when she isn't awake."

"Her privacy is important, and she never seemed to want to share those parts with me in the past."

The slime person slimed wryly and looked away.

There was a moment of pause.

"We didn't exactly separate on good terms either."

Okarin hesitated again.

"I care for her too much... to trample on everything... important to her."

Their eyes darkened again and they glared at Sora once more. There was a hissing tone to their voice.

"I still haven't forgiven the flying-snake shrine maiden."

But the slime closed their eyes.

There was an angry look when Okarin re-opened them.

"You are only borrowing Vicious's body, you hear me?"

"Borrow." Okarin repeated it for emphasis. "Borrowing!"

"It's not yours. That means you can't break it."

"I won't forgive you if you damage Vicious's body!"

At some point in the middle, Okarin's angry glint shifted back to an ordinary color.

They looked like a childish teenage slime throwing a tantrum.

"What in the world are you thinking?! Carrying around that stupid pink-haired girl in your state?! Running on rooftops?!"

"I won't allow it! You're banned! Not allowed!"

The slime person pouted and shook Not-Vicious's shoulder back-and-forth incessantly.

"Are you listening?! You're not allowed!"

"And...! And...!"

Okarin's color flushed a fainter hue.

"You're going to let me take care of Vicious's body!"

"You're going to let me heal her injuries!"

Somehow, Okarin's request for a promise had turned into a laundry list of demands.

Bochi

Okarin shook their head back and forth a few times.

"I saw what I needed to see to believe you. And to know that Vicious is safe."

They were still holding Not-Vicious's hand.

"I don't think it's right for me to look any deeper, especially when she isn't awake."

"Her privacy is important, and she never seemed to want to share those parts with me in the past."

The slime person slimed wryly and looked away.

There was a moment of pause.

"We didn't exactly separate on good terms either."

Okarin hesitated again.

"I care for her too much... to trample on everything... important to her."

Their eyes darkened again and they glared at Sora once more. There was a hissing tone to their voice.

"I still haven't forgiven the flying-snake shrine maiden."

But the slime closed their eyes.

There was an angry look when Okarin re-opened them.

"You are only borrowing Vicious's body, you hear me?"

"Borrow." Okarin repeated it for emphasis. "Borrowing!"

"It's not yours. That means you can't break it."

"I won't forgive you if you damage Vicious's body!"

At some point in the middle, Okarin's angry glint shifted back to an ordinary color.

They looked like a childish teenage slime throwing a tantrum.

"What in the world are you thinking?! Carrying around that stupid pink-haired girl in your state?! Running on rooftops?!"

"I won't allow it! You're banned! Not allowed!"

The slime person pouted and shook Not-Vicious's shoulder back-and-forth incessantly.

"Are you listening?! You're not allowed!"

"And...! And...!"

Okarin's color flushed a fainter hue.

"You're going to let me take care of Vicious's body!"

"You're going to let me heal her injuries!"

Somehow, Okarin's request for a promise had turned into a laundry list of demands.

"Oh, my. Someone here has a crush~"

Elaine giggled in a singsong voice, not fazed by the little slime's anger at all.

"Well, truth to be told there isn't really much left except for some soreness in the joints, but that's a drastic improvement over broken bones. I have to say though, her regeneration factor really is something. Between the two of us we can practically spring back from anything that's not missing. And besides---I hate to say it, but your whole arm is missing. Shouldn't we be the ones taking care of you instead?"

Putting the ruby ring back onto her ring finger, Elaine laughed and rubbed Okarin on the head once more.

"I'm not one to injure myself deliberately, so you can be assured that I won't purposely damage this body. I am not without morals, and on that you have my word. But deals are two-sided, you know? I provided her sanctuary to rest in, and in return she allowed me to take her body for a spin. That means I intend to continue her habit of taking adventurer's work, so I'm sure you can see why I can't promise anything else."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Oh, my. Someone here has a crush~"

Elaine giggled in a singsong voice, not fazed by the little slime's anger at all.

"Well, truth to be told there isn't really much left except for some soreness in the joints, but that's a drastic improvement over broken bones. I have to say though, her regeneration factor really is something. Between the two of us we can practically spring back from anything that's not missing. And besides---I hate to say it, but your whole arm is missing. Shouldn't we be the ones taking care of you instead?"

Putting the ruby ring back onto her ring finger, Elaine laughed and rubbed Okarin on the head once more.

"I'm not one to injure myself deliberately, so you can be assured that I won't purposely damage this body. I am not without morals, and on that you have my word. But deals are two-sided, you know? I provided her sanctuary to rest in, and in return she allowed me to take her body for a spin. That means I intend to continue her habit of taking adventurer's work, so I'm sure you can see why I can't promise anything else."

"My arm isn't any big issue," the slime shrugged.

Okarin was relentless, and an uncharacteristically sly expression arose on Okarin's face.

"You may have made a deal with Vicious, but that doesn't meant you can't make another deal with me."

The slime person raised their chin haughtily and looked away.

"I suppose it would be troublesome for you if I ran around and told everyone that you weren't Vicious anymore?"

"Or if I sent a report to the Guild Master saying that Fuyu Machi's in on this mysterious plot to mind-control and brainwash Vicious? That would be troublesome for Miss Sora, is that right? I am, after all, still holding onto this letter."

"Or perhaps I should find that girl named Aquamarine for a chat — she sounded like she was looking for Vicious too."

Okarin stole a glance back at Not-Vicious.

"I want you to buy my silence."

A self-assured smile appeared on their face.

"Oh, but don't worry, I'm quite an affordable purchase."

Bochi

"My arm isn't any big issue," the slime shrugged.

Okarin was relentless, and an uncharacteristically sly expression arose on Okarin's face.

"You may have made a deal with Vicious, but that doesn't meant you can't make another deal with me."

The slime person raised their chin haughtily and looked away.

"I suppose it would be troublesome for you if I ran around and told everyone that you weren't Vicious anymore?"

"Or if I sent a report to the Guild Master saying that Fuyu Machi's in on this mysterious plot to mind-control and brainwash Vicious? That would be troublesome for Miss Sora, is that right? I am, after all, still holding onto this letter."

"Or perhaps I should find that girl named Aquamarine for a chat — she sounded like she was looking for Vicious too."

Okarin stole a glance back at Not-Vicious.

"I want you to buy my silence."

A self-assured smile appeared on their face.

"Oh, but don't worry, I'm quite an affordable purchase."

*Pikon*

A forehead flick accompanied the grinning Elaine as she pulled Okarin in for a hug.

"Hey, not bad! This age and you've already learned how to blackmail someone. I really don't get why she needed to worry about you if you're that bold! But---hey, what?"

Elaine pressed her ring to her ears, frowning as she listened intently to an unseen speaker. Three seconds passed before she regained her smile, though this time it was laced with hints of concern, mumbling absentmindedly to herself.

"You want me to...what? Alright, alright. You're a high-maintenance girl, you know that? But I suppose I'll allow it. I'll send word to this Aquamarine girl and have her journey over to Fuyu as well."

Then she wrapped that arm back around Okarin's waist, and whispered not-so-softly into her ear. The easy grin melded into a much more feral, savage grin.

"Ah, but the Miko and I love getting into trouble. It'll take some explaining, but I believe most logical people will see the sense in it. 'Sides, your footing is rather uneven, my dear child. You stand in the middle of Fuyu Machi, home of the beastmen, and are attempting to blackmail their miko. Not a very wise move, I have to say. And what's more..."

She turned her head such that the two girls were face to face, eye to eye. The ruby-coloured eyes were sparkling with a certain somewhat oppressing malice.

"I did say that while I'm quite similar to Vicious, but at the end of the day, I'm not as patient as her. I don't take very kindly to threats. So I'll only say this once...deliberately make any trouble for me, and I'll bury you."

Then the Sefirot straightened up, and the malice around her vanished. The easy grin was back along with the tired-looking grey eyes.

"You don't need to touch me to know that I mean it. And so does the Sleeping Beauty, by the way. I'm sure you wouldn't want to cause trouble for your crush~"

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

*Pikon*

A forehead flick accompanied the grinning Elaine as she pulled Okarin in for a hug.

"Hey, not bad! This age and you've already learned how to blackmail someone. I really don't get why she needed to worry about you if you're that bold! But---hey, what?"

Elaine pressed her ring to her ears, frowning as she listened intently to an unseen speaker. Three seconds passed before she regained her smile, though this time it was laced with hints of concern, mumbling absentmindedly to herself.

"You want me to...what? Alright, alright. You're a high-maintenance girl, you know that? But I suppose I'll allow it. I'll send word to this Aquamarine girl and have her journey over to Fuyu as well."

Then she wrapped that arm back around Okarin's waist, and whispered not-so-softly into her ear. The easy grin melded into a much more feral, savage grin.

"Ah, but the Miko and I love getting into trouble. It'll take some explaining, but I believe most logical people will see the sense in it. 'Sides, your footing is rather uneven, my dear child. You stand in the middle of Fuyu Machi, home of the beastmen, and are attempting to blackmail their miko. Not a very wise move, I have to say. And what's more..."

She turned her head such that the two girls were face to face, eye to eye. The ruby-coloured eyes were sparkling with a certain somewhat oppressing malice.

"I did say that while I'm quite similar to Vicious, but at the end of the day, I'm not as patient as her. I don't take very kindly to threats. So I'll only say this once...deliberately make any trouble for me, and I'll bury you."

Then the Sefirot straightened up, and the malice around her vanished. The easy grin was back along with the tired-looking grey eyes.

"You don't need to touch me to know that I mean it. And so does the Sleeping Beauty, by the way. I'm sure you wouldn't want to cause trouble for your crush~"

Okarin rubbed the spot on their forehead where Not-Vicious had flicked them.

It hurt!

The slime person showed absolutely no sign of being affected by Not-Vicious's threatening malice.

Perhaps it was completely ignored due to the news that Okarin had been given. Stunned with happiness?

"R-Really? I can stay? You'll take me along?"

Okarin sounded unsure and almost in disbelief.

There was a ball of feelings that welled up in their throat out of nowhere.

Suddenly, there were tears dripping from the slime person's cheeks.

*uwu* *sniff* *sniff*

"It's... really okay...?"

Bochi

Okarin rubbed the spot on their forehead where Not-Vicious had flicked them.

It hurt!

The slime person showed absolutely no sign of being affected by Not-Vicious's threatening malice.

Perhaps it was completely ignored due to the news that Okarin had been given. Stunned with happiness?

"R-Really? I can stay? You'll take me along?"

Okarin sounded unsure and almost in disbelief.

There was a ball of feelings that welled up in their throat out of nowhere.

Suddenly, there were tears dripping from the slime person's cheeks.

*uwu* *sniff* *sniff*

"It's... really okay...?"

"Uh, yeah. That wasn't really meant for you, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Sora, what do you think?"

The Miko smiled good-naturedly.

"There are plenty of spare guest rooms. As long as she's willing to work for her lodgings, I'm sure she'll make a good tenant."

"Huh, alright then! If you don't mind then I don't mind either. That settles it then; now we'd better take clear of the bigger problem..."

Elaine looked at the hole she'd made in the wall, and whistled.

"Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing after lunch. Okarin, I'd say it wasn't your fault, but this was partly your fault so I'm gonna need your help in repairing the wall. The Yato Shrine needs some lumber as well."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Uh, yeah. That wasn't really meant for you, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Sora, what do you think?"

The Miko smiled good-naturedly.

"There are plenty of spare guest rooms. As long as she's willing to work for her lodgings, I'm sure she'll make a good tenant."

"Huh, alright then! If you don't mind then I don't mind either. That settles it then; now we'd better take clear of the bigger problem..."

Elaine looked at the hole she'd made in the wall, and whistled.

"Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing after lunch. Okarin, I'd say it wasn't your fault, but this was partly your fault so I'm gonna need your help in repairing the wall. The Yato Shrine needs some lumber as well."

Okarin was too happy to be fazed by anything.

Heck, they could be missing all of their limbs and Scribel City could explode a thousand times over and Okarin wouldn't care the slightest.

None of that mattered if Okarin could be near Vicious.

The little slime person was practically sparkling.

"Absolutely! I'll fix the wall! I'll fix it right away and I'll fix it twice as high and twice as thick!"

To some degree it was almost shocking, how much of personality flip Okarin had taken from minutes earlier, when they had threatened the miko in a bathroom stall with sharp claw-like hands.

Okarin was fawning over Not-Vicious.

"Anything you ask! Absolutely anything! I'll do it!"

OOC: I think this is nearly a wrap, unless you have more planned!

Bochi

Okarin was too happy to be fazed by anything.

Heck, they could be missing all of their limbs and Scribel City could explode a thousand times over and Okarin wouldn't care the slightest.

None of that mattered if Okarin could be near Vicious.

The little slime person was practically sparkling.

"Absolutely! I'll fix the wall! I'll fix it right away and I'll fix it twice as high and twice as thick!"

To some degree it was almost shocking, how much of personality flip Okarin had taken from minutes earlier, when they had threatened the miko in a bathroom stall with sharp claw-like hands.

Okarin was fawning over Not-Vicious.

"Anything you ask! Absolutely anything! I'll do it!"

OOC: I think this is nearly a wrap, unless you have more planned!

"Well, that about settles it. Let's be on our way then."

Elaine picked up Sora and slung her over her shoulder, before doing the same for Okarin and slinging the slime over her other shoulder. She'd have to warn the shopkeeper about the damage and arrange to come repair it in the afternoon.

"Lunch, letter, repair work. Then dinner. Also, to avoid the confusion between me and Vicious I'll allow you to call me Elaine. Actually, please just do that."

Elaine irresponsibly threw the matter down the road for Vicious to handle in future.

"Guess I'd better fulfil that new request and call Aquamarine here as well...oh, well. Lunch first. Other matters later. It's quite late, but welcome to the Winter City!"

OOC: And that's a wrap!

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Cursed, Knowledge and Truth [Closed]

I loathed reality, but I'm thankful for Fate. I loved her, but I hated this love. I hated my ambition, but I couldn't stop it. Why... did it have to be me? Why... did it have to be her? When did it all go wrong? Shouldn't I be dead? Shouldn't she be dead? Why... did I fail? Why... did we... fall?

Sometimes, I wondered, if that dream never occurred— Would life be different? I would still be with her, and not always hiding in here. We would be together, and, in blissful ignorance, we would live a happy life. If only... if only... we lived in this grain of sand, and they never found our remains... We would endlessly... eternally... be in love... be together...

Now, it was cold, and it was lonely. All I felt was darkness, but... It was for the better. For her, I'll remain here... for her... I'll never go back... just... let me be with her... even... for a little more...

I watched as she suffered... I could only watch— I could only watch... It was pain... all pain. It was unfair; This world was unfair. I wished to be able to choose, so that I could... could... get her to come with me... I... am too selfish... aren't I? She would never agree... not when she... learnt...

Sometimes, I wondered, had she remembered? Why? Why wouldn't she remember— No. She shouldn't remember about... this... It is... for the best...

As long as she never remembered... we'll be happy... she'll be happy... I'll... be... be happy... As long as they never found us... we'll live in this bubble... we'll be insignificance, and we'll be happy...

I'll remain here, and I'll watch over her... As long as she lived happily, as long as she enjoyed her life...

This life... this love... this memory... All of them... for her... only her...

OOC: A little cryptic, but I'm sure many will know who this is. Also, my first attempt to create a monologue RP! :blob_paint: