Unevaluated

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 6 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Bandit Subjugation

Quest report:
On My way back to the city.

I was being tailed after Collecting a bottle Moonlight Water & a Bunch of Alchemic Ingredients for the Healing Potions I'll make.

Seems that they will attack me Before I reach the city... So I'll attack them first.

I went to I nearby tree & Entered its shadow. 4 people Emerged from their hiding spot. They got confused because of my suddenly desppearance.

While they are out of focus & confused. I materials Many long Shadowy Spike in the Shadow of the tree puncturing their body with holes & their blood splatters they are all caught off guard.

I immediately reemerged from the Shadow & brandished My Cleave at the Neck of the Nearest Highwayman slashing his throat Spurting blood like a fountain.

Then using their confusion at My advantage, I retrieved My Axe from My Shadow quickly & Use Berserk state to increase Strength then I chopped the Next one in the head Decapitating him.

The remaining two Highwayman Recovered their composure & about to run away despite their wounds...

But I Gathered mana in the Nature, Converting pure mana into Black Mana & use it to cast Black Magic.

Since I'm not good at aiming I created several Black Bullets targeting their legs I Open fire at them. Some Bullets hit & Make a Hole on the feet & Legs They Became Incapacitated. & To farther reduce their threat, I chopped off both of the two's Hands With My Axe...

Then I drag them to the City to report & have the guard Interrogate them.

The End.

A white Girl is speaking on the Receptionist Counter with a dead pan Expression.

[ I got Ambushed by 4 highwayman on My way back, Killed 2 & captured the remaining 2 incapacitating them in both limbs ]

The white girl finish her report.

"Erm... please don't cut off the hands of the incapacitated, they were on the verge of death. Even if you didn't kill them outright letting die from blood loss still counts as killing them you know! And you did kill half of them so as the quest indicated the rewards is halved"

Reward
  • Money: 10 G

OOC: Please mark report evaluated

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Appraisal
OOC: I made a report at the Tavern (my mistake) and wanted to repost it here. I don't wanna repost the whole thing twice so here's a direct link to it.

If anyone finds a dead body next to the Tavern entrance, it's not.

Resting on his bag, next to the weird creature with tentacles and a crying Red Eye holding a sign in a giant box, Benji went to doze off until the next Nighwatch Post opens up.

For now, he could only catch winks as @Reciful's demonic sobs kept him up by the minute.
*stamps as approved*
*gives some money as apology for the mega delay*

Rewards:
Exp:
Money: 10G

OOC: Wow, this is an old and forgotten report, sorry about that, Ben. Seems like nobody noticed it was left forgotten.
Uhn... Tag it as appraised I guess?

AliceShiki

Appraisal
UNAPPRAISED

I went to the guild person to do the normal office work but the worker said that I should do the Customer service department instead since it was more challenging than organizing files. I agreed and went to the counter and the first person came up right away.

"Hi I'd like to file a complain, The guild's dumb! why hasin't anybody took my request yet!" It was farmer Joe, It had been a day or so that he put the request up yet nothing had happened "Maybe--?" "Increase the reward? I'll think of it." The man frowned and walked away before I could say anything else Ah, Does this count as resolving a complaint?

Three more customers came with mild complaints that was easily handled by me, But a woman came up to me
"One of your receptionists is a massive slut and keeps on trying to entice multiple people's boyfriends! You need to fire her since she is really getting on our nerves, and with the evil in her heart I won't put it past her to try something against us!" I was about to respond formally but a group of ladies fanned out behind her, various female adventurers of different types "We demand her resignation!"

eeeeehp?! "I'll have to put in a formal complaint to the guild, That's all I can do for now...." The group of women only seemed half-satisfied by that and left to find any wrong doing that whore of a receptionist must have done, something so vile must be corrupt they thought.
----

"It seems that there's a complaint about a receptionist named Imelda Carson" I handed the formal complaint file to the receptionist receiving my quest report

Tags
@Nahrenne (since I mentioned an npc n stuff)
"My deepest apologies for taking this long to go over this, it seems like this report was put in the wrong pile by whoever was in charge of taking care of the reports at this time, who was..."

*checks the log files*

"Miss Imelda Carson it seems...? Did she try to avoid getting the formal complain submitted to her? That is quite troublesome... Seems like she'll get two complaints on her head then.

"Thank you for your hardwork, miss Letianna, may the gods bless your endeavors with quicker resolutions next time."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 20G (10G for reward + 10G as compensation)

OOC: Tag it appraised now, Lee-chan~
*pokes @Nahrenne * I hope you don't mind me shifting the blame to Imelda! >.<

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
Where did they get the drapnir from?
Sponsor:
Briele (Adventurer's Guild Library)
Required Level: 3
Reward: 150 EXP
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report: (1)
  • Investigate the cavern in the mountains were the cultists were.
  • Determine where the cultists acquired the drapnir.
Cultists? That's bad news. I start looking further into the quest and proceed to read the report mentioned.

As I finish reading, I pause. While this quest might have some risk if they are indeed supported by someone rich, it should be rather unlikely that someone tries to take revenge on me for taking this quest, so I and my family should be safe. With that said and done, I still buy a cheap mask before heading towards the mountain cavern mentioned in the report. Along the way, I put on the mask to make myself less recognizable.

The closer I get to the cave, the more careful I advance. After all, some cultists might still be there - or some wild beast. But that worry turns out to have been for nothing once I arrive at the abandoned cave. That's a relief - but now to the actual quest. Let's turn this place upside down and find something which leads to the drapnir.

I sift through broken parts furniture, discarded bags, and the remnants of corpses. And find nothing. But I keep going, pocketing the gold coins I find every now and then. Oh, and this pair of boots is good! Just my size, good quality, and undamaged! Looks good too. I gotta say, this cultist had good taste. Now the boots are mine - my old ones were starting to break anyway. And here's a broken dagger, and rotten food... ugh, yeah, let's not touch that.

Proceeding deeper into the cavern, I finally find something promising - a mostly untouched room, with some papers and books still lying around. That could be it, time to read through all of this. After all, I might find some sort of account on the finances...

Unpracticed as I am, I read slowly, but it doesn't take long to determine what each kind of book or paper is about. This is not it. This isn't it either. Almost absent-mindedly, I continue reading - and my attention gets drawn towards a certain book before me more and more. It seems rather ordinary, but for some reason, I just can't stop reading it. Seven, seven, seven, seven, seven, seven... what is it with seven in this book? As I stumble upon the seventh seven, something just... clicks together out of nothing. To open certain ways, one must first open oneself. Seven is the number, seven are the wounds upon the body, and seven are the doors to the house.

Wait, is this talking about... self-mutilation!? Disgusted, I toss the book away and shudder. Who in his right mind would ever do something like that!? After slowly calming down I continue to sift through the texts, and finally, find a bill, paid by an unnamed merchant of the merchant's guild, for the purchase of a drapnir. This is it! Seems like some merchant in the City supported these cultists. There is a note on it...

"I hope this will support your efforts. Try to open the Spider Door as soon as you can, and as agreed upon, share the knowledge gained with me.

Signed: S. W."

That's... not much to go by. Just the initials. But it's better than nothing! I safely stash the note and bill in my bag and proceed to leave, unwilling to spend any more time next to such books. Back at the guild, I hand over my report as well as the documents I took from the cavern.

But seven phrases echoe on in my head.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Not appraised

Wandering back to the burial ground the adventurers had used to dispose of the rats he found the place was completely ruined. With big piles of dirt thrown around it had seemed like something big had come around.

Going to the sewer, he saw a familiar face peeking out at him. The giant sewer slime that was staring at him the last time he went there. Except this time it is many times bigger, could it be? Pointing at the slime he yelled, “Was it you who dug up all the rats!?”

Tilting its head at his question, he sighed to himself. Why did he expect a slime to understand him. It wasn’t like it was Okarin.

Going inside, he started killing rats and cutting off their tails. Moving back and forth between a pit he dug and the sewers he disposed of the rats properly. With the biggest issue being the walk time. He tried solving it by carrying more than three which went about as well fighting a guard. Poorly.

With the rats in his hands practically spilling out and falling into the sewer after a few seconds of walking forward. He gave up this tactic. All it added was a soak in the sewers and few more drenched walks back to the pit. But, with twenty rat tails in tow. He headed back to the guild.

Keeping a couple of extra rats he killed in the sewer he tried an experiment. Pulling a rat from his bag he lifted it up in front of the slime. Moving it's head towards the rat in his hand. It stayed there without moving forward as if it wanted him to throw the rat in his hands. Before that, moving the rat to the right. He watched as the slime tilted it's head toward the right. Moving it to the left, he watched as the slime tilted it's head towards the left.

Yelling “Catch!” he threw the rat into the air. Watching the rat spinning in the air intently. The slime hunched down and bounced upward to catch. Hearing the usual crunching sounds as he pulled out another rat.

Putting it on the ground he told it, “Stay.” to which it ignored completely.

Putting his palm out he managed to keep it back and when the force stopped he found the slime looking at him curiously. Telling it, stay again he moved back.

Watching it, staying in place he said go...and it did nothing as expected.

Pushing the rat towards it, he watched as it happily bounced on it and the same old crunching happened. This was oddly satisfying to do. Rubbing it’s head it happily moved up and down. Spending the day playing with the slime, he finished his quest for the day.
Summary:
-Killed 20 Rats
-Disposed of them using a hole dug before entering sewers.
"I'm sorry it took so long for this to be appraised, guildmaster. It must have been buried due to the sudden confusion caused by the previous guildmaster going in an unannounced vacation.

"You'll get some extra rewards for your troubles...

"May the gods protect your friends in those dangerous times."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 22G

OOC: Tag is a appraised please! ^^)/

AliceShiki

Appraisal
UNAPPRAISED

Cultists? That's bad news. I start looking further into the quest and proceed to read the report mentioned.

As I finish reading, I pause. While this quest might have some risk if they are indeed supported by someone rich, it should be rather unlikely that someone tries to take revenge on me for taking this quest, so I and my family should be safe. With that said and done, I still buy a cheap mask before heading towards the mountain cavern mentioned in the report. Along the way, I put on the mask to make myself less recognizable.

The closer I get to the cave, the more careful I advance. After all, some cultists might still be there - or some wild beast. But that worry turns out to have been for nothing once I arrive at the abandoned cave. That's a relief - but now to the actual quest. Let's turn this place upside down and find something which leads to the drapnir.

I sift through broken parts furniture, discarded bags, and the remnants of corpses. And find nothing. But I keep going, pocketing the gold coins I find every now and then. Oh, and this pair of boots is good! Just my size, good quality, and undamaged! Looks good too. I gotta say, this cultist had good taste. Now the boots are mine - my old ones were starting to break anyway. And here's a broken dagger, and rotten food... ugh, yeah, let's not touch that.

Proceeding deeper into the cavern, I finally find something promising - a mostly untouched room, with some papers and books still lying around. That could be it, time to read through all of this. After all, I might find some sort of account on the finances...

Unpracticed as I am, I read slowly, but it doesn't take long to determine what each kind of book or paper is about. This is not it. This isn't it either. Almost absent-mindedly, I continue reading - and my attention gets drawn towards a certain book before me more and more. It seems rather ordinary, but for some reason, I just can't stop reading it. Seven, seven, seven, seven, seven, seven... what is it with seven in this book? As I stumble upon the seventh seven, something just... clicks together out of nothing. To open certain ways, one must first open oneself. Seven is the number, seven are the wounds upon the body, and seven are the doors to the house.

Wait, is this talking about... self-mutilation!? Disgusted, I toss the book away and shudder. Who in his right mind would ever do something like that!? After slowly calming down I continue to sift through the texts, and finally, find a bill, paid by an unnamed merchant of the merchant's guild, for the purchase of a drapnir. This is it! Seems like some merchant in the City supported these cultists. There is a note on it...

"I hope this will support your efforts. Try to open the Spider Door as soon as you can, and as agreed upon, share the knowledge gained with me.

Signed: S. W."

That's... not much to go by. Just the initials. But it's better than nothing! I safely stash the note and bill in my bag and proceed to leave, unwilling to spend any more time next to such books. Back at the guild, I hand over my report as well as the documents I took from the cavern.

But seven phrases echoe on in my head.
"Mister... Till, is it?

"You should not read those books, you have not learned the necessary mental protections to safeguard yourself... Tread this path any further, and you'll be risking not only yourself, but your family as well.

"Moreover, something is... Amiss on you. I can feel it... I am afraid I cannot quite pinpoint it, but there is something influencing you, something very dangerous.

"Please head to the city's temple as soon as possible. You need help, more than you imagine... For the sake of your family, please head to the temple, now.

"I'll pray for your safety, the guild appreciates the investigation you led so far, but you should not continue it until you're safe, please...

"May The Goddess give you the strength to do that which you must do, to fight against the urges that will lead you astray, and may she ensure that your sights are always set on that which you need the most, that your goals are not thwarted, and that you remain true to your ideals, while doing what you can for those that you love."

*puts hand on your forehead*
*a faint light moves from her chest all the way through her arm, to your head, and then to your chest*

"This is all I can do for you now, mister Till. Please seek help, you need it more than you imagine. I'll pray for you."

Final Reward:
Exp:

OOC: Tag it as appraised~
You can decide what Nene's light did yourself~

Last edited:

FlutterOfCrows

Quest Evaluated

> > >
Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost! [SC0001]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
  • Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Survive your first day.
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a

Though the transition to this world was a bit nauseating, what was more disturbing was..the smell of DiViniTy...though the only good that came with the smell was the knowledge of how insignificant I was to any god's sight. Though even with the assurance it was still uncomfortable being near so many humanoid divine presences, even if just from the temples here and there. Though I'm annoyed with how much divinity I was smelling now, I still didn't know why normal humans worshipped such silly things, but I probably shouldn't be commenting on that, with how much my master drilled into me my humanity lessons(though I can't recall it on the top of my head either sooo...).
As I begin to get into another internal monologue, I move into the alleyways around the city to avoid gathering attention and to learn the layout of the city, and as I move around, I do release my presence somewhat, causing animals to flee or hide, making unperceptive humans chilly, and perceptive humanoids ill, as I prance around the alleyways until I on coincidence came upon the street with the adventurer's guild.~
Though I'm not entirely sure what they do, I think I could make a reasonable living as an adventurer. Plus I don't have any backers anywhere else and food still needs to be on my plate every day so I have not much to lose, as I tell myself as I enter. Suppressing my presence down to a whispering trace as I do, to avoid drawing the potential ire of some crazed clerics of gods or perceptive adventurers.
-(After questions I asked.)->I head to the alleyways once more, and head deeper in, searching around, until I come across a good house, at least for the worst part of town and the most hidden. Though as I approach one or two begin to approach towards me as well, though they soon quickly stop, just as I finish cracking up both my heritage's influence, but just as much, my mana.
Though I did still expect a possible fight as I would expect from my own world, what I saw was a welcomed surprise. To quickly summarize my own thoughts the two thugs did not continue moving towards me, as one straight up fainted from my presence...at least I think that's how human's faint, with all the yellow liquid flowing from the trousers, as the other starts babbling some nonsense, as they ran off, during which I noticed a faint presence on them now. Though I wondered if I caused a new cultist to be born, and what to think. I ended up defaulting to my master's teaching after a round of pointless what if's and theories, that being to let the cultist grow and mature, in case you needed some dark rituals to summon some family members. otherwise, I entered the house, and just lock it uptight as I clean up a place to sleep as best I can, before finishing off the preparations by trapping the entire place with runes before I go to sleep on the somewhat poor cot I found.~

I came to city, did some soul searching, got new job, asked some questions, got some answers, ran around the poor side of town, found a run-down house, made it my home and slept a good night.
What may be the..benefits of becoming an adventurer? Any way to get logging at adventurer building, or got to find our own places of rest? In the event of two adventurers having a dispute, what is the standard protocol if I'm apart of such a thing? does the guild ignore it as long as neither of the adventurers causes the end of the other, or as long as we don't damage adventurer property?

Last edited:

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Dire Wolf Subjugation [SC0403]
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Eliminate dire wolves.
  • Collect 3 dire wolf pelts.
Dire wolves are fearsome creatures known to attack humans.They are larger and more vicious than ordinary wolves.Hunt them to make the forest a safer place. Rewards:
  • Money: 16 G
> > >
Life sure doesn't get easier. First goblins, now dire wolves. Really, and to make matters worse, wolves are pack animals - similar zo goblins, I guess? Oh well, but they are just animals, how bad can it be? So I grab my equipment and get going to the northern forest - once again, stamina training as I jog the whole way.

Once in the forest, I proceed by doing the usual for me - simply carefully walking around, trying to find any sign of dire wolves. As I continue searching, I hear something move in the bushes. In an instant, I have my sword ready in the Plow guard, pointed towards the source of the sound as I slowly retreat from the bushes, getting myself in a position where I can clearly see everything around me. It doesn't take long until whatever was hiding in the bushes reveals itself - a group of 2 dire wolves. 3, if I count the one trying to sneak around me - I can hear it, ever so faintly. This is... not exactly good, but then again, I knew I was going to have a hard fight.

The wolves try to move to pincer me, but I rush towards them, feinting a thrust towards the left one before shifting it to a sidewards-swing to the right, managing to catch its nose as it aborts its attempted attack. As it howls in pain I take a step back and return to the plow guard, keeping my blade pointed straight at the left wolf. Meanwhile, cold sweat runs down my back as I hear the third wolf slowly approaching me from behind.

As it slowly creeps closer, I drop my sword to the fool's guard, praying that my bait is going to work - but the wolf to attack me first is the one behind me. It probably jumped at me. So I dash to the right, where the wolf doesn't yet seem to have gathered itself, whilst keeping my sword's point at the same place. As the wolf passes by me, I dip the sword's tip upwards, and the wolf almost impales itself upon the blade, cutting open its belly. I draw the blade back and up into the Day's guard, ready to end it as the unharmed wolf jumps above the heavily injured one.

With my full power, I perform a Zornhau, cutting into the wolf's skull but failing to bring it off course, and its teeth dig into my clothes - luckily I severed some of its jaw muscles, so they only pierce into my flesh lightly, but damn, that hurts! I kick the corpse a few times until it finally rolls off me - and barely manage to swing my sword's point towards the last wolf before it pounces on me, impaling itself on the blade and once again tossing me to the ground. It bites at my face while I twist the blade around and slowly pull it out to the side, sawing my way through its flesh, opening up its stomach and spilling its guts and blood all over me.

In the end, I survive with some additional small scars on my face, a small wound on my stomach, and drenched in wolf blood. Not the best of fights I've had behind me, that's for sure. I skin them and quickly leave the premises before the smell of blood attracts other predators. Back at the guild, I hand the pelts over along with my report.

Last edited:
Quest (Evaluated)
Tags: Snow Roc, Fort Greyroc, Tomak

> > >

Hunting the High Passes [GH0602]
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Hunting Mission (Scribel)
  • Climb the high passes.
  • Hunt medium-large game.
  • Meat must be edible.
With the food shortage, the dwarves are willing to pay a high premium on meat.
Although the lake is poisoned, there is food to be hunted in the mountains.
Be careful though — you aren't back home in Kansas.
Dangerous monsters roam the icy summit.
Rewards:
  • Money: 28 G
  • Other: 5 jerky
> > >

After spending a week or so helping out at the mines and working for the Gelderholm Adventurer's guild, Zorion decided to take on some more quests. He liked helping the dwarfs but he still needed to put bread on the table so to speak. Hunting, he was to do some hunting, over the last year or two he had gotten pretty good at hunting and tracking.

Since the mountains were very different from the forests he was used to He had traded in a lot of what he owned and bought some new equipment, so to be better prepared for hunting in the high mountain passes above the city. It was not cheap, and even after selling a lot of what he owned he still needed to pay some money above it, but he was prepared.

Again he took the great dwarven elevator to Fort Greyroc, this time without a snow barrel, but just with his magic and his skill as a hunter. But to avoid doing anything wrong, the quest's 'Meat must be edible' must be clarified.

He found a fort watchman and inquired.

"Hail Dwarf, If I may trouble you with some questions?"

"Aye, what yer be wanting?"

"I have seen Rocs, leopards and yetis, are they all edible to the dwarven people?"

"It's as you say, s‘long as you don't be bringing back no spiders or rock mites, then you’d be fine..." The dwarf looked quizzically for a moment, "You are the Triton. I've heard about you from Gargaan!"

"Gargaan?" Zorion did not know the name.

"One of the foremen in mines, he told me there's a fishman learning 'bout mining, ridiculous I thought,” he rubbed his chin. "You are a strange one aren't cha... so far from the sea, working the mines for days. T’ world gone mad!"

"I wanted to help," Zorion shrugged.

"Well you can help by hunting us some good meat! I am Tomak, by the way" the dwarf extended his hand for a shake "Try not to die."

Zorion nodded as he shook the dwarf’s hand, afterwards he left Fort Greyroc to ascend the mountain.

His snow white cloak's fur lining meant Zorion was able to lie on top of the snowy ground without much bother, and the colour let him blend seamlessly into the background, a good camouflage it was. This let him avoid the more dangerous creatures while he tracked desirable prey with relative ease.

It took most of the day to find his chosen prey, yetis were too strong, leopards’ speed meant an elaborate trap was needed, too much work for too little gain. Barring any other creatures of the mountain, the only option left was the Snow Rocs, luckily the great white birds are not too different from the Kukuus he had studied before. So it took little time to understand their habits using his new spyglass..

The rocs build nests on peaks and mountain ridges, they fly the sky preying on leopards and stray rock mites that sometimes emerge from the mountain. Their population had swell since the hydra drove lesser prey like wolves and bears up the mountain.

To hunt the rocs in their homes meant he would be fighting a flock of giant birds, a horrible way of committing suicide.

Zorion had seen a few wolves but he would barely get close and a Roc would swoop down dragging the hapless creature into the sky. So he made a plan. He made a small fire pit in the regular flight path of the rocs, using stone and some basic fire magic and made a pit of red hot stones.. When a roc appeared in the distance he made a whirlwind of bacon twirling about above the heat.

This drained him of mana, but it was necessary, as the smell of bacon ascended into the sky, Zorion waited. Using the portable glowstone battery he topped up as much mana as he could, keeping the whirlwind of cooked bacon turning.

Soon the curious roc came to the beacon of bacon. Quickly he poured mana into his spell more bacon appeared in a storm of meat, some cooked some raw! With a lift of his hand the maelstrom of bacon launched into the air surrounding the great bird!

The turbulence was too much, it tried to struggle, but it was the bacon! The bacon jammed between the great bird’s feathers, back, front side! It was knocked off balance! And that's how it fell, plummeted to the ground covered in strips of meat.

Mustering the last ounce of magic in his body Zorion made an icicle and launched it straight for the bird's heart!

His breathing laboured, his head was spinning, if not for the portable mana battery this would have been a much harder task.

Zorion looked upon the dead bird, he wondered if the guild would want that bacon as well. He collected up around a hundred strips of bacon, more than what he could make before, but nowhere near the amount of meat on the bird which was at least twice the size of Zorion.

Hunting was still more efficient, summoning a hundred strips of bacon damn near killed him with mana exhaustion. The mountain was too cold to cut and dress the animal, so as soon as he gained his bearing, he bound the snow roc in rope and dragges the bird back to the fort.

When Zorion got back, Tomak was there by the elevator, “Woh, that's a big bird! Good work fishman! Yer know... we can butcher it for ya, and give you a promissory note, then you don’t have ta drag it all the way back to the guild!”

“Really?” relief was on Zorion’s face, ”That’d be great. Thank you.”

After getting the note, he went to deliver his report.

Went to fort Greyroc via elevator
met a dwarf name Tomak, found out the mine foreman's name
used spyglass and while cloak
baited Snow Roc with bacon over fire
brought it down with maelstrom
Killed Roc
took back to Fort, give promissory note detailing success.

Last edited:
Quest (Evaluated)
Tags: Snow Roc, Fort Greyroc, Eduliumancy

> > >

Objectives:
  • Climb the high passes.
  • Meat must be edible.
Rewards:
> > >

After a few days' rest, it took quite a bit of time to restore his mana pool, and he didn’t really want to recover with potions, on account of money and also he did not particularly like the taste.

Using the maelstrom of bacon in such a way really burned him out, managing a fire magic for a distance while dual casting a bacon storm was hard, especially he was not very good with the fire element.But he had gotten better.

But once recovered he went on a hunt once more. And now well practiced he used the tried and true method again. And just as before, he baited a roc with burning bacon and then forced the bird on to the ground with a maelstrom of meat, after it was the finisher of an icicle lance to the heart.

Nothing was out of the ordinary, except for one thing, while he looked for rocs with his spyglass he spotted the lands to the north, it looked to be sand blue-ish sand. But the details were too far for his spyglass to see.

Blue sand how strange...Is it a desert? Or a beach? A Wasteland?, He could not tell, it was too far to see.

At the fort, after he brought in his prize, one dead snow roc, when he received his promissory note for his job, he asked Tomak what was up north.

“Up north?” he shook his head, “Dun know, no one’s been out of Gelderholm proper, for generations. You might find some old maps in the library, Could be sun elves, or moon trolls? God knows?”

Zorion made a note to go to the Gelderholm libraries. But the dwarf interrupted his train of thought.

“Before you go.. something's been bothering me…”Tomak frowned as he picked up a strip of bacon off the corpse of the white bird, “Why do we keep finding bacon off the Snow roc?”

So Zorion told the dwarf about his magic and how he hunted the roc.

Tomak seemed to be stunned, shaking, This worried Zorion, was the dwarf upset, was it because he wasted food?

Tomak stepped in close, closing the distance and grabbed Zorion’s hand, “Y-you. You are an Eduliumancer!”

“I don’t” Zorion was confused, “ I don’t know what that is…”

“A Food mage!”

For some reason the fanatical look on Tomak’s face frightened Zorion, and he desperately tried to refute it. “ No no no, I only have a few food abilites not a mage really, And the one spell I know to do with food is the bacon one. All I did was tinkered it a bit. A witch in Scribel taught me!”

“But you have the talent. You know Food! You! You can inherit the lost art of Gelderholm Eduliumancy!” Then Tomak stopped, “Wait! ‘Few’ what do yer mean ‘few’ what else can you do?”

The truth tumbled out against the guard’s interrogation.

“i-it was a potion’s side effect.. I can talk to fruit”

“Fructus Tongue! You are chosen!”

Zorion panicked, he imagined being strapped to a chair forced to summon a storm of bacon one after the other.

“Sorry, I have to go!” Shaking his hand loose from Tomak’s gasp, he quickly left the dwarven guard behind and dashed for the elevator.

Secretly, he swore to never use food magic in Gelderholm again.

hunted a roc with success,
saw a foreign land with blue sand
asked Tomak about north
got harassed about food magic

Last edited:

Leegood

Quest (NOT YET Evaluated)
Tags: Snow Roc, Fort Greyroc, Tomak

> > >

Objectives:
  • Climb the high passes.
  • Meat must be edible.
Rewards:
> > >

After spending a week or so helping out at the mines and working for the Gelderholm Adventurer's guild, Zorion decided to take on some more quests. He liked helping the dwarfs but he still needed to put bread on the table so to speak. Hunting, he was to do some hunting, over the last year or two he had gotten pretty good at hunting and tracking.

Since the mountains were very different from the forests he was used to He had traded in a lot of what he owned and bought some new equipment, so to be better prepared for hunting in the high mountain passes above the city. It was not cheap, and even after selling a lot of what he owned he still needed to pay some money above it, but he was prepared.

Again he took the great dwarven elevator to Fort Greyroc, this time without a snow barrel, but just with his magic and his skill as a hunter. But to avoid doing anything wrong, the quest's 'Meat must be edible' must be clarified.

He found a fort watchman and inquired.

"Hail Dwarf, If I may trouble you with some questions?"

"Aye, what yer be wanting?"

"I have seen Rocs, leopards and yetis, are they all edible to the dwarven people?"

"It's as you say, s‘long as you don't be bringing back no spiders or rock mites, then you’d be fine..." The dwarf looked quizzically for a moment, "You are the Triton. I've heard about you from Gargaan!"

"Gargaan?" Zorion did not know the name.

"One of the foremen in mines, he told me there's a fishman learning 'bout mining, ridiculous I thought,” he rubbed his chin. "You are a strange one aren't cha... so far from the sea, working the mines for days. T’ world gone mad!"

"I wanted to help," Zorion shrugged.

"Well you can help by hunting us some good meat! I am Tomak, by the way" the dwarf extended his hand for a shake "Try not to die."

Zorion nodded as he shook the dwarf’s hand, afterwards he left Fort Greyroc to ascend the mountain.

His snow white cloak's fur lining meant Zorion was able to lie on top of the snowy ground without much bother, and the colour let him blend seamlessly into the background, a good camouflage it was. This let him avoid the more dangerous creatures while he tracked desirable prey with relative ease.

It took most of the day to find his chosen prey, yetis were too strong, leopards’ speed meant an elaborate trap was needed, too much work for too little gain. Barring any other creatures of the mountain, the only option left was the Snow Rocs, luckily the great white birds are not too different from the Kukuus he had studied before. So it took little time to understand their habits using his new spyglass..

The rocs build nests on peaks and mountain ridges, they fly the sky preying on leopards and stray rock mites that sometimes emerge from the mountain. Their population had swell since the hydra drove lesser prey like wolves and bears up the mountain.

To hunt the rocs in their homes meant he would be fighting a flock of giant birds, a horrible way of committing suicide.

Zorion had seen a few wolves but he would barely get close and a Roc would swoop down dragging the hapless creature into the sky. So he made a plan. He made a small fire pit in the regular flight path of the rocs, using stone and some basic fire magic and made a pit of red hot stones.. When a roc appeared in the distance he made a whirlwind of bacon twirling about above the heat.

This drained him of mana, but it was necessary, as the smell of bacon ascended into the sky, Zorion waited. Using the portable glowstone battery he topped up as much mana as he could, keeping the whirlwind of cooked bacon turning.

Soon the curious roc came to the beacon of bacon. Quickly he poured mana into his spell more bacon appeared in a storm of meat, some cooked some raw! With a lift of his hand the maelstrom of bacon launched into the air surrounding the great bird!

The turbulence was too much, it tried to struggle, but it was the bacon! The bacon jammed between the great bird’s feathers, back, front side! It was knocked off balance! And that's how it fell, plummeted to the ground covered in strips of meat.

Mustering the last ounce of magic in his body Zorion made an icicle and launched it straight for the bird's heart!

His breathing laboured, his head was spinning, if not for the portable mana battery this would have been a much harder task.

Zorion looked upon the dead bird, he wondered if the guild would want that bacon as well. He collected up around a hundred strips of bacon, more than what he could make before, but nowhere near the amount of meat on the bird which was at least twice the size of Zorion.

Hunting was still more efficient, summoning a hundred strips of bacon damn near killed him with mana exhaustion. The mountain was too cold to cut and dress the animal, so as soon as he gained his bearing, he bound the snow roc in rope and dragges the bird back to the fort.

When Zorion got back, Tomak was there by the elevator, “Woh, that's a big bird! Good work fishman! Yer know... we can butcher it for ya, and give you a promissory note, then you don’t have ta drag it all the way back to the guild!”

“Really?” relief was on Zorion’s face, ”That’d be great. Thank you.”

After getting the note, he went to deliver his report.

met a dwarf name Tomak, found out the mine foreman's name
used spyglass and while cloak
baited Snow Roc with bacon over fire
brought it down with maelstrom
Killed Roc
took back to Fort, give promissory note detailing success.
"Thanks for the hard work bringing back food for the city~ Here's your rewards~"

Leegood

Quest (NOT YET Evaluated)
Tags: Snow Roc, Fort Greyroc, Eduliumancy

> > >

Objectives:
  • Climb the high passes.
  • Meat must be edible.
Rewards:
> > >

After a few days' rest, it took quite a bit of time to restore his mana pool, and he didn’t really want to recover with potions, on account of money and also he did not particularly like the taste.

Using the maelstrom of bacon in such a way really burned him out, managing a fire magic for a distance while dual casting a bacon storm was hard, especially he was not very good with the fire element.But he had gotten better.

But once recovered he went on a hunt once more. And now well practiced he used the tried and true method again. And just as before, he baited a roc with burning bacon and then forced the bird on to the ground with a maelstrom of meat, after it was the finisher of an icicle lance to the heart.

Nothing was out of the ordinary, except for one thing, while he looked for rocs with his spyglass he spotted the lands to the north, it looked to be sand blue-ish sand. But the details were too far for his spyglass to see.

Blue sand how strange...Is it a desert? Or a beach? A Wasteland?, He could not tell, it was too far to see.

At the fort, after he brought in his prize, one dead snow roc, when he received his promissory note for his job, he asked Tomak what was up north.

“Up north?” he shook his head, “Dun know, no one’s been out of Gelderholm proper, for generations. You might find some old maps in the library, Could be sun elves, or moon trolls? God knows?”

Zorion made a note to go to the Gelderholm libraries. But the dwarf interrupted his train of thought.

“Before you go.. something's been bothering me…”Tomak frowned as he picked up a strip of bacon off the corpse of the white bird, “Why do we keep finding bacon off the Snow roc?”

So Zorion told the dwarf about his magic and how he hunted the roc.

Tomak seemed to be stunned, shaking, This worried Zorion, was the dwarf upset, was it because he wasted food?

Tomak stepped in close, closing the distance and grabbed Zorion’s hand, “Y-you. You are an Eduliumancer!”

“I don’t” Zorion was confused, “ I don’t know what that is…”

“A Food mage!”

For some reason the fanatical look on Tomak’s face frightened Zorion, and he desperately tried to refute it. “ No no no, I only have a few food abilites not a mage really, And the one spell I know to do with food is the bacon one. All I did was tinkered it a bit. A witch in Scribel taught me!”

“But you have the talent. You know Food! You! You can inherit the lost art of Gelderholm Eduliumancy!” Then Tomak stopped, “Wait! ‘Few’ what do yer mean ‘few’ what else can you do?”

The truth tumbled out against the guard’s interrogation.

“i-it was a potion’s side effect.. I can talk to fruit”

“Fructus Tongue! You are chosen!”

Zorion panicked, he imagined being strapped to a chair forced to summon a storm of bacon one after the other.

“Sorry, I have to go!” Shaking his hand loose from Tomak’s gasp, he quickly left the dwarven guard behind and dashed for the elevator.

Secretly, he swore to never use food magic in Gelderholm again.

hunted a roc with success,
saw a foreign land with blue sand
asked Tomak about north
got harassed about food magic
"Your back and you brought back more food? thanks for the hard work~ here's you reward~ Hnm? Food magic? Can I have a piece of bacon?" I used my puppy eyes on the person
Rewards:
OOC mark both quests as Evaluated~

Halley

Quest (APPRAISED)
> > >
Objectives:
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably! Rewards:
> > >

“ ~!!”
A jolt suddenly ran through Sen’s body, violently yanking him from unconsciousness. His mind was hazy and unfocused, but his body was anything but. His eyes snapped open to the view of the vast blue sky, and with a surge of power from his pounding heart, Sen instantly propped himself up and scanned his surroundings with bated breath.

A few seconds later, Sen finally dropped his guard when he confirms his safety and started to calm down and patting down his body,

‘Head? Good. Arms and legs… nothing wrong. …No pain, and… No wound, either. Phew. My things… they’re there. Good.‘

Relieved that there’s nothing wrong with him, Sen got up and started to wander around the area to try to figure out where he is.

‘Now then, just where am I now?’ Sen pondered as he tried to recall what happened to him. ‘I should’ve crossed to Izumi yesterday… and then going along the highway… aaaahh,’ he facepalmed, ‘Right, right. Got ambushed. Dang. Did those bastards drag me here then? Probably, but why? There’s no – hm?

Unfortunately, his train of thought was interrupted as he heard a snapping branch from behind him. His body immediately sprang into action, moving into stance while spinning around, his hand reaching to the katana on his waist. ‘Is that them? Nice. I can just ask them directly.’

Moments later, the bushes started rustling, and they, no, it, appeared: a small brown child-like creature, strolling around while humming and swinging a stick on its right arm merrily, holding a bunch of fruits on its’ left hand. What caught Sen’s eyes, though, is its’ unhuman lower half and the pair of curved horns on its’ head.

“…… A yokai?” Sen blankly muttered the first thing on his mind.

The creature suddenly froze upon hearing him, opened its’ eyes and slowly looked up until it meets Sen’s eye… and threw the stick straight to Sen’s forehead.

“Am not!”

A few minutes later, Sen is now walking through the forest with the small child(?) on his shoulder, bombarding his ear with his rants, “…I mean, really, how could you mistake a faun for a yokai? You’re lucky I’m in a good mood today, only letting you off with this much! Besides, Gem is….”

Apparently, it was a very rude thing to call Gem, this ‘faun’, a yokai, and the appropriate punishment for that is a shoulder ride lift? Well, at least according to him anyway. Sen didn’t really mind, especially since he said he wants a lift to Scribel, the nearest city to the south of the forest.

“…And that’s why it’s a very rude thing to call Gem a yokai! You got all that?” Asked Gem as he ended his long rant, much to the pleasure of Sen’s ears.

“Yes, I’m really sorry about my rudeness,” Sen replied, trying to sound as sincere as he can. ‘Well, better not offend my guide, after all.’

“Fumu, good. I see you’re one of the better-mannered otherworlders. You’ll make a good adventurer, I tell you!” Gem said with a proud ‘Hmph!’

“Um, so, can I ask you something? Why do you keep calling me an ‘otherworlder’? And what is an 'adventurer'?”

“Hm? That's how we call people like you, who left their world and came here. As for adventurers, it's a job! They're employed by the guild to complete quests! The guild take in just about everyone, so many otherworlders go work there. Pretty nifty, I would say!" Gem answered.

"I see. But I don't remember leaving my world, though?. How would someone even leave a world, anyway?"

"Well most otherworlders came through something we call a "gate", though sometimes they can also appear out of nowhere like you. Well, those people usually were either sent here by a god or just straight up died on their world, though,"

'Died, huh? Well, I guess that explains it,' Sen frowned upon hearing the last part of Gem's answer, though he quickly dismissed it.
“I see you’re rather knowledgeable. Thank you, it was very helpful.”

“E~h? It’s nothing, you know~. Everyone know this much~,” Gem denied, though Sen can feel him grinning widely from his praise.

They then continued their conversation for the rest of the way, though it didn’t last long as patches of farmlands and a large city wall, which Sen assumed was Scribel, soon came to view.

“Huhum. Amazing, isn’t it?” Gem commented, “Anyway, this far is enough,” he said while jumping down from Sen’s shoulder.

“Eh? Didn’t you said to go until we reach the city?”

“Yep! Never said you have to bring me, though. Take this,” Gem said as he hands Sen a small pouch he took out of nowhere, “and give it to the person working at the adventurer guild! You can do it, right? Oh, and this one’s for you! It’s money!” Gem added as he presented a different pouch on his other hand.

“Well, I sure can, but – “ Sen answered while taking the pouches from Gem’s tiny hands, only to have Gem suddenly run off with a smile. “Good! I’ll see you later then!”

“Wha… – wait! Geez. The hell’s wrong with him?” Sen said, dumbfounded with Gem’s sudden takeoff. ‘Oh well. Might as well finish the job,’ He thought as he resumed his way to Scribel.

Last edited:

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
City Guard Training [SC0401]
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Report to the City Barracks.
  • Spend one week getting trained.
  • Work together with your team.
  • Pass the final exam.
  • (Optional: Party Quest)
You want to be on the City Guard, huh?A hotshot like yourself might have done a lot of solo work before...But here you'll have learn how to work as a team. You'll be assigned to a team of four rookies (two pairs). Your entire team needs to work together to pass the final exam. Either you all pass or you all fail! Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G / person
  • Other: City Guard License
> > >
City guard training... that brings back memories. Memories of before this world. Ah, simple times, easy times. Now to go through hell again. The things we do for money and love... my wife might just kill me for this though. I'll see if I can't return home for sleep.

I report with practiced ease, skim over the typical speech and introduction, and greet my future comrades with professional distance. Don't want to get too attached - I probably won't see them again after the training. And then the training starts. I manage to complete the first few days of training without much trouble, returning home to spend time with my family in the evening.

So I pass through stamina training, strength training, discipline training, marching, patrols, and more... until the teamwork training starts. And oh boy do I start to have my teammates. Why did I have to get teamed up with people like... like that! I don't want to fail the training! I'm sorry, wife, but... I don't think I'll be returning home in the next few days.

Time to drill teamwork into them. 6 hours of sleep should be plenty. And the training isn't that exhausting anymore, let's combine it with physical exercise. And add some combat training. Now, time to drill some obedience in them as well. I will force them to pass the exam so that I won't fail. As the final exam grows closer, I grow more and more nervous. Sure, we've seen a lot of improvements, but will it be enough? What if the test is something we didn't practice for? Alright! Let's teach them the laws that should be important as well.

So I stack more and more onto their schedule until, finally, I manage to stop myself, canceling any training I was planning to give them on the last day. They need to be relaxed, after all - and I need sleep. But, I'm somewhat confident that we'll pass the exam. And thus I collapse to sleep, sleeping through the whole afternoon and night, only barely waking up in time for the exam on the final day.

Which turns out to be an obstacle course, of all things. Simulating a run through a dungeon of sorts, with traps and monsters, requiring cooperation to succeed. And, well... it seems like my training was somewhat over the top, as we pass the exam with ease. Embarrassed, I endure the dubious gazes of the examiners that think I somehow cheated and found out about the test beforehand. Only after an oath do they believe me. Whew.

With that done, I say farewell from my ex-teammates, hopefully forever as I never liked them, and return to the guild, hand in the report, and decide on my plans for the evening - getting dead drunk.

Last edited:

Quaesitor

Quest Unevaluated

> > >
Objectives:
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:

Though the transition to this world was a bit nauseating, what was more disturbing was..the smell of DiViniTy...though the only good that came with the smell was the knowledge of how insignificant I was to any god's sight. Though even with the assurance it was still uncomfortable being near so many humanoid divine presences, even if just from the temples here and there. Though I'm annoyed with how much divinity I was smelling now, I still didn't know why normal humans worshipped such silly things, but I probably shouldn't be commenting on that, with how much my master drilled into me my humanity lessons(though I can't recall it on the top of my head either sooo...).
As I begin to get into another internal monologue, I move into the alleyways around the city to avoid gathering attention and to learn the layout of the city, and as I move around, I do release my presence somewhat, causing animals to flee or hide, making unperceptive humans chilly, and perceptive humanoids ill, as I prance around the alleyways until I on coincidence came upon the street with the adventurer's guild.~
Though I'm not entirely sure what they do, I think I could make a reasonable living as an adventurer. Plus I don't have any backers anywhere else and food still needs to be on my plate every day so I have not much to lose, as I tell myself as I enter. Suppressing my presence down to a whispering trace as I do, to avoid drawing the potential ire of some crazed clerics of gods or perceptive adventurers.
-(After questions I asked.)->I head to the alleyways once more, and head deeper in, searching around, until I come across a good house, at least for the worst part of town and the most hidden. Though as I approach one or two begin to approach towards me as well, though they soon quickly stop, just as I finish cracking up both my heritage's influence, but just as much, my mana.
Though I did still expect a possible fight as I would expect from my own world, what I saw was a welcomed surprise. To quickly summarize my own thoughts the two thugs did not continue moving towards me, as one straight up fainted from my presence...at least I think that's how human's faint, with all the yellow liquid flowing from the trousers, as the other starts babbling some nonsense, as they ran off, during which I noticed a faint presence on them now. Though I wondered if I caused a new cultist to be born, and what to think. I ended up defaulting to my master's teaching after a round of pointless what if's and theories, that being to let the cultist grow and mature, in case you needed some dark rituals to summon some family members. otherwise, I entered the house, and just lock it uptight as I clean up a place to sleep as best I can, before finishing off the preparations by trapping the entire place with runes before I go to sleep on the somewhat poor cot I found.~

I came to city, did some soul searching, got new job, asked some questions, got some answers, ran around the poor side of town, found a run-down house, made it my home and slept a good night.
What may be the..benefits of becoming an adventurer? Any way to get logging at adventurer building, or got to find our own places of rest? In the event of two adventurers having a dispute, what is the standard protocol if I'm apart of such a thing? does the guild ignore it as long as neither of the adventurers causes the end of the other, or as long as we don't damage adventurer property?
"Ah, Dust... is it? Well, that's quite simple! Adventurers are, in a way, the official handymen of the town. People post a quest, an adventurer takes and deals with it, and everyone is happy. It's essentially a legal way to earn money with various skills you don't usually use - like stabbing people. As long as it is for a quest, some of the legal laws won't apply - or in other words, if the quest tells you to kill bandits or punch gang-members, you're allowed to even though it might normally be illegal."

"And disputes, well... it's best not to have any. Don't break stuff to begin with, try to avoid injuries, and, well, fights between adventurers aren't common. At least no one picked a fight with me yet - must've frightened them off. But if you start a fight and break a bone, you can bet there will be consequences."

"Anyway, it seems like you found a home and arrived safely, soooo... quest completed!"

Rewards:
Exp:

OOC: Remember to tag the quest as appraised, aye?

Quaesitor

Quest (UNAPPRAISED)
> > >
Objectives:
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably! Rewards:
> > >

“ ~!!”
A jolt suddenly ran through Sen’s body, violently yanking him from unconsciousness. His mind was hazy and unfocused, but his body was anything but. His eyes snapped open to the view of the vast blue sky, and with a surge of power from his pounding heart, Sen instantly propped himself up and scanned his surroundings with bated breath.

A few seconds later, Sen finally dropped his guard when he confirms his safety and started to calm down and patting down his body,

‘Head? Good. Arms and legs… nothing wrong. …No pain, and… No wound, either. Phew. My things… they’re there. Good.‘

Relieved that there’s nothing wrong with him, Sen got up and started to wander around the area to try to figure out where he is.

‘Now then, just where am I now?’ Sen pondered as he tried to recall what happened to him. ‘I should’ve crossed to Izumi yesterday… and then going along the highway… aaaahh,’ he facepalmed, ‘Right, right. Got ambushed. Dang. Did those bastards drag me here then? Probably, but why? There’s no – hm?

Unfortunately, his train of thought was interrupted as he heard a snapping branch from behind him. His body immediately sprang into action, moving into stance while spinning around, his hand reaching to the katana on his waist. ‘Is that them? Nice. I can just ask them directly.’

Moments later, the bushes started rustling, and they, no, it, appeared: a small brown child-like creature, strolling around while humming and swinging a stick on its right arm merrily, holding a bunch of fruits on its’ left hand. What caught Sen’s eyes, though, is its’ unhuman lower half and the pair of curved horns on its’ head.

“…… A yokai?” Sen blankly muttered the first thing on his mind.

The creature suddenly froze upon hearing him, opened its’ eyes and slowly looked up until it meets Sen’s eye… and threw the stick straight to Sen’s forehead.

“Am not!”

A few minutes later, Sen is now walking through the forest with the small child(?) on his shoulder, bombarding his ear with his rants, “…I mean, really, how could you mistake a faun for a yokai? You’re lucky I’m in a good mood today, only letting you off with this much! Besides, Gem is….”

Apparently, it was a very rude thing to call Gem, this ‘faun’, a yokai, and the appropriate punishment for that is a shoulder ride lift? Well, at least according to him anyway. Sen didn’t really mind, especially since he said he wants a lift to Scribel, the nearest city to the south of the forest.

“…And that’s why it’s a very rude thing to call Gem a yokai! You got all that?” Asked Gem as he ended his long rant, much to the pleasure of Sen’s ears.

“Yes, I’m really sorry about my rudeness,” Sen replied, trying to sound as sincere as he can. ‘Well, better not offend my guide, after all.’

“Fumu, good. I see you’re one of the better-mannered otherworlders. You’ll make a good adventurer, I tell you!” Gem said with a proud ‘Hmph!’

“Um, so, can I ask you something? Why do you keep calling me an ‘otherworlder’? And what is an 'adventurer'?”

“Hm? That's how we call people like you, who left their world and came here. As for adventurers, it's a job! They're employed by the guild to complete quests! The guild take in just about everyone, so many otherworlders go work there. Pretty nifty, I would say!" Gem answered.

"I see. But I don't remember leaving my world, though?. How would someone even leave a world, anyway?"

"Well most otherworlders came through something we call a "gate", though sometimes they can also appear out of nowhere like you. Well, those people usually were either sent here by a god or just straight up died on their world, though,"

'Died, huh? Well, I guess that explains it,' Sen frowned upon hearing the last part of Gem's answer, though he quickly dismissed it.
“I see you’re rather knowledgeable. Thank you, it was very helpful.”

“E~h? It’s nothing, you know~. Everyone know this much~,” Gem denied, though Sen can feel him grinning widely from his praise.

They then continued their conversation for the rest of the way, though it didn’t last long as patches of farmlands and a large city wall, which Sen assumed was Scribel, soon came to view.

“Huhum. Amazing, isn’t it?” Gem commented, “Anyway, this far is enough,” he said while jumping down from Sen’s shoulder.

“Eh? Didn’t you said to go until we reach the city?”

“Yep! Never said you have to bring me, though. Take this,” Gem said as he hands Sen a small pouch he took out of nowhere, “and give it to the person working at the adventurer guild! You can do it, right? Oh, and this one’s for you! It’s money!” Gem added as he presented a different pouch on his other hand.

“Well, I sure can, but – “ Sen answered while taking the pouches from Gem’s tiny hands, only to have Gem suddenly run off with a smile. “Good! I’ll see you later then!”

“Wha… – wait! Geez. The hell’s wrong with him?” Sen said, dumbfounded with Gem’s sudden takeoff. ‘Oh well. Might as well finish the job,’ He thought as he resumed his way to Scribel.
"Ah, another newcomer! Welcome, welcome! Want to become an adventurer, I assume? Excellent choice of job, really. Straightens the character more than being part of the guard, I tell you. And you have a ton of freedom! Uhm, anyway, congratulations on getting here safely, and surviving! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, your managmious senior Till all of them. Don't feel like doing proper work at the moment, to begin with."

Rewards:
Exp:

OOC: Remember to mark as appraised!

Reciful

APPRAISED

Collect Samples (Idea from @FlutterOfCrows )
  • Sponsor: Geldor Holmes Magical Research Centre
Objectives:

• Collect 5 Blood samples each from different people (250ml would be a preferrable amount
  • Help the scientist run tests on the blood
    • Healing potion compatibility (Better = More effective)
    • Poison resistance
  • Dispose of the excess blood
  • Don't wander off
We want to help Scribel adventurers! Some adventurers are resistant to some healing potions! We've devised a test to determine if you are! This way we can catalogue who can recieve healing from a potion, and who needs healing from light / healing magic!
Rewards:
  • Money: 12G
  • Other: 2 x Small Glass Vials

Quest Name: Collect Sample

A white girl walking in the city main street with skipping steps & a innocent smile painted upon her face.

She is Humming a cheerful unknown song while merrily walks with gentle grace in each steps while in bare foot.

Upon her arms is 5 Vial of blood which she hugs close to her chest as if its a teddy bear.

On her cheeks is a small bloods stain not from her... But from someone else.

The people who saw her is lost for words... they have no idea how to describe what they just saw or even how to approach That. they just simply watch her walks away untill she vanish from their sight while all still stunned.

1st sample ( The Drunk man) - There is a Drunk Useless Father who brutally Abuse his Wife & Daughter on the Street no people is helping the two they all simply watches. I saw everything unfold before me, I remember My Stupid Evil Father as I watch the Human male. Sooo~ out of annoyance I beat the hell out of him until He beg for his Life... But~... of course!! I did not stop! Not until the Mother & Daughter somehow beg me to stop? How weird~ humans are weird~ anyway after making sure he is a bloody mess I Collected his blood, walk away & I Entered in the Shadow of building nearby.

2nd Sample & 3rd sample (Goblins & Female human Children ) - I was doing My usual strolling outside the city... I found a group of 4 Goblins Dragging a Pair of female Children sibling deep into the woods they are crying.

They did not ask for My help instead they shouted to me to run & save Myself... I see kindness in their heart & soul as I gaze at their eye full of tears... They are innocent & I took a liking at them... So I retrieved My Axe & My Cleave inside My Shadow Storage & activated Berserk Status effect on one of My skill. I rushed towards the goblins & chopped the thin arms of the Goblin holding them. I did a quick spin slashing two of the goblins throat. Then throwing My Axe at the third Goblins head & perform a Mighty roundhouse Kick at the fourth one breaking its neck.

After that I collected the Goblins Blood since... Its said blood! Not just human blood anyway right!~ while at it I also ask the two human girls for a tiny bit of their blood as well...... For some reason they Presented their neck at me?... Why??.. Eh me Vampire? Noooo!!... Anyway I collected their blood By biting a little bit on their hand. & Escorted them to the city....... I heal them afterwards with a healing potion I make by the way.

But I wonder~... what's a Vampire?

4th sample (The Cursed Human in the Sewer) - I heard a whisper... It coming from the open manhole near the market place in one of the isolated alley that almost no one use... well Except me~

I entered the manhole which lead to the sewers. I found a man... Who look like a high breed between a Rat, a slime & a cockroach.

in his feet were bones of human kids he tried to assault me with a Disgusting gaze.... Luckily the Sewer is very dark which means it basically My domain! I materialized many black Tendrils Entangling him whole. He became afraid of me... And ask who I am? Well I name Myself cuz he ask My name!

hearing My name he became even much much more terrified!!... Why??

he said he is once a Magician who fell in love upon the forbidden dark arts... seeking more Knowledge from the unknown to know the truth.. He became cursed & this hideous form is the Result... He knows the name " Innocent Malice " cuz apparently I am one of the top 5 most forbidden entity one must never ever call upon especially for the practitioners of Dark arts..... just Why!!!

anyway I collected his Blood in exchange I let him live... He vow to me that he will never touch the human of this city again... Oh well I don't care if he eat bad humans thought.

5th Sample (the Faceless Children) -

For the Last one... I was Strolling at night I saw a crying little girl with a brown hair crouching in a Dark alley. I approach her then she suddenly turn around revealing her faceless appearance. Anyway I ask if she is Okay?.. did she need help?... Somehow or maybe it just My imagination?... She is in awe & shocked at my reaction somehow.... Why?

Since she have no mouth to speak she draw a map which directed me in a empty alley. I escorted her eventually we saw(?) A group of her fellow faceless Children a standing in the dark. I ask for their Blood which they gladly give to me... Maybe a bit too much? After that I waved at them saying goodbye they also wave back at me as they entered the Darkness vanishing somewhere.
1st sample (Drunk man Blood) = concluded that the Healing potion can detoxify alcohol contents in the blood while healing the blood cells as well.

2nd sample (Goblin Blood) = Concluded that it heals the Goblins Blood... While also cleansing the bacteria in their blood... Which means, Potion has a good effect for them.... Its dangerous in a certain sense specially if Goblins get their hand in a supply of Healing potions.

3rd sample (female Children blood) = The Healing potion have a much greater & faster effect on Human Children... Its Unknown if it's also the same for Male kids due to the lack of blood sample of male Children for testing

4th sample (the Cursed Human in the Sewer blood) = It Heal the blood after 24 hours of observation... But Unfortunately it reverted back after 60 minute... Wherever curse this was, it can be healed but it need a much stronger type of potion... It concluded the healing potion can somehow effect status debuffs & not just physical healing.

5th sample (Faceless Children blood) = Conclusion.... It purified the blood & it vanished... This is a unknown phenomenon.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
UNAPPRAISED

Life sure doesn't get easier. First goblins, now dire wolves. Really, and to make matters worse, wolves are pack animals - similar zo goblins, I guess? Oh well, but they are just animals, how bad can it be? So I grab my equipment and get going to the northern forest - once again, stamina training as I jog the whole way.

Once in the forest, I proceed by doing the usual for me - simply carefully walking around, trying to find any sign of dire wolves. As I continue searching, I hear something move in the bushes. In an instant, I have my sword ready in the Plow guard, pointed towards the source of the sound as I slowly retreat from the bushes, getting myself in a position where I can clearly see everything around me. It doesn't take long until whatever was hiding in the bushes reveals itself - a group of 2 dire wolves. 3, if I count the one trying to sneak around me - I can hear it, ever so faintly. This is... not exactly good, but then again, I knew I was going to have a hard fight.

The wolves try to move to pincer me, but I rush towards them, feinting a thrust towards the left one before shifting it to a sidewards-swing to the right, managing to catch its nose as it aborts its attempted attack. As it howls in pain I take a step back and return to the plow guard, keeping my blade pointed straight at the left wolf. Meanwhile, cold sweat runs down my back as I hear the third wolf slowly approaching me from behind.

As it slowly creeps closer, I drop my sword to the fool's guard, praying that my bait is going to work - but the wolf to attack me first is the one behind me. It probably jumped at me. So I dash to the right, where the wolf doesn't yet seem to have gathered itself, whilst keeping my sword's point at the same place. As the wolf passes by me, I dip the sword's tip upwards, and the wolf almost impales itself upon the blade, cutting open its belly. I draw the blade back and up into the Day's guard, ready to end it as the unharmed wolf jumps above the heavily injured one.

With my full power, I perform a Zornhau, cutting into the wolf's skull but failing to bring it off course, and its teeth dig into my clothes - luckily I severed some of its jaw muscles, so they only pierce into my flesh lightly, but damn, that hurts! I kick the corpse a few times until it finally rolls off me - and barely manage to swing my sword's point towards the last wolf before it pounces on me, impaling itself on the blade and once again tossing me to the ground. It bites at my face while I twist the blade around and slowly pull it out to the side, sawing my way through its flesh, opening up its stomach and spilling its guts and blood all over me.

In the end, I survive with some additional small scars on my face, a small wound on my stomach, and drenched in wolf blood. Not the best of fights I've had behind me, that's for sure. I skin them and quickly leave the premises before the smell of blood attracts other predators. Back at the guild, I hand the pelts over along with my report.
"I'm glad you seem to be better, mister Till.

"Please be more careful when facing wild threats though, if you aren't confident in defeating them when outnumbered, it might be better to force them into a situation where you will fight only one at a time... Keep overestimating yourself, and your funeral will be the next one I host, and your family will be the ones attending it.

"I'll pray for your safety, may the gods teach you better caution."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 16G

OOC: Tag it as appraised please~

Last edited:

Epsil

Quest Name: Collect Sample

A white girl walking in the city main street with skipping steps & a innocent smile painted upon her face.

She is Humming a cheerful unknown song while merrily walks with gentle grace in each steps while in bare foot.

Upon her arms is 5 Vial of blood which she hugs close to her chest as if its a teddy bear.

On her cheeks is a small bloods stain not from her... But from someone else.

The people who saw her is lost for words... they have no idea how to describe what they just saw or even how to approach That. they just simply watch her walks away untill she vanish from their sight while all still stunned.

1st sample ( The Drunk man) - There is a Drunk Useless Father who brutally Abuse his Wife & Daughter on the Street no people is helping the two they all simply watches. I saw everything unfold before me, I remember My Stupid Evil Father as I watch the Human male. Sooo~ out of annoyance I beat the hell out of him until He beg for his Life... But~... of course!! I did not stop! Not until the Mother & Daughter somehow beg me to stop? How weird~ humans are weird~ anyway after making sure he is a bloody mess I Collected his blood, walk away & I Entered in the Shadow of building nearby.

2nd Sample & 3rd sample (Goblins & Female human Children ) - I was doing My usual strolling outside the city... I found a group of 4 Goblins Dragging a Pair of female Children sibling deep into the woods they are crying.

They did not ask for My help instead they shouted to me to run & save Myself... I see kindness in their heart & soul as I gaze at their eye full of tears... They are innocent & I took a liking at them... So I retrieved My Axe & My Cleave inside My Shadow Storage & activated Berserk Status effect on one of My skill. I rushed towards the goblins & chopped the thin arms of the Goblin holding them. I did a quick spin slashing two of the goblins throat. Then throwing My Axe at the third Goblins head & perform a Mighty roundhouse Kick at the fourth one breaking its neck.

After that I collected the Goblins Blood since... Its said blood! Not just human blood anyway right!~ while at it I also ask the two human girls for a tiny bit of their blood as well...... For some reason they Presented their neck at me?... Why??.. Eh me Vampire? Noooo!!... Anyway I collected their blood By biting a little bit on their hand. & Escorted them to the city....... I heal them afterwards with a healing potion I make by the way.

But I wonder~... what's a Vampire?

4th sample (The Cursed Human in the Sewer) - I heard a whisper... It coming from the open manhole near the market place in one of the isolated alley that almost no one use... well Except me~

I entered the manhole which lead to the sewers. I found a man... Who look like a high breed between a Rat, a slime & a cockroach.

in his feet were bones of human kids he tried to assault me with a Disgusting gaze.... Luckily the Sewer is very dark which means it basically My domain! I materialized many black Tendrils Entangling him whole. He became afraid of me... And ask who I am? Well I name Myself cuz he ask My name!

hearing My name he became even much much more terrified!!... Why??

he said he is once a Magician who fell in love upon the forbidden dark arts... seeking more Knowledge from the unknown to know the truth.. He became cursed & this hideous form is the Result... He knows the name " Innocent Malice " cuz apparently I am one of the top 5 most forbidden entity one must never ever call upon especially for the practitioners of Dark arts..... just Why!!!

anyway I collected his Blood in exchange I let him live... He vow to me that he will never touch the human of this city again... Oh well I don't care if he eat bad humans thought.

5th Sample (the Faceless Children) -

For the Last one... I was Strolling at night I saw a crying little girl with a brown hair crouching in a Dark alley. I approach her then she suddenly turn around revealing her faceless appearance. Anyway I ask if she is Okay?.. did she need help?... Somehow or maybe it just My imagination?... She is in awe & shocked at my reaction somehow.... Why?

Since she have no mouth to speak she draw a map which directed me in a empty alley. I escorted her eventually we saw(?) A group of her fellow faceless Children a standing in the dark. I ask for their Blood which they gladly give to me... Maybe a bit too much? After that I waved at them saying goodbye they also wave back at me as they entered the Darkness vanishing somewhere.
1st sample (Drunk man Blood) = concluded that the Healing potion can detoxify alcohol contents in the blood while healing the blood cells as well.

2nd sample (Goblin Blood) = Concluded that it heals the Goblins Blood... While also cleansing the bacteria in their blood... Which means, Potion has a good effect for them.... Its dangerous in a certain sense specially if Goblins get their hand in a supply of Healing potions.

3rd sample (female Children blood) = The Healing potion have a much greater & faster effect on Human Children... Its Unknown if it's also the same for Male kids due to the lack of blood sample of male Children for testing

4th sample (the Cursed Human in the Sewer blood) = It Heal the blood after 24 hours of observation... But Unfortunately it reverted back after 60 minute... Wherever curse this was, it can be healed but it need a much stronger type of potion... It concluded the healing potion can somehow effect status debuffs & not just physical healing.

5th sample (Faceless Children blood) = Conclusion.... It purified the blood & it vanished... This is a unknown phenomenon.
Well done, I didn't know we had a cursed human in the sewers :blob_blank::blob_blank: - Alias.
Rewards:
  • Money: 12G
  • Other: 2 x Small Glass Vials

Evaluation
APPRAISED

City guard training... that brings back memories. Memories of before this world. Ah, simple times, easy times. Now to go through hell again. The things we do for money and love... my wife might just kill me for this though. I'll see if I can't return home for sleep.

I report with practiced ease, skim over the typical speech and introduction, and greet my future comrades with professional distance. Don't want to get too attached - I probably won't see them again after the training. And then the training starts. I manage to complete the first few days of training without much trouble, returning home to spend time with my family in the evening.

So I pass through stamina training, strength training, discipline training, marching, patrols, and more... until the teamwork training starts. And oh boy do I start to have my teammates. Why did I have to get teamed up with people like... like that! I don't want to fail the training! I'm sorry, wife, but... I don't think I'll be returning home in the next few days.

Time to drill teamwork into them. 6 hours of sleep should be plenty. And the training isn't that exhausting anymore, let's combine it with physical exercise. And add some combat training. Now, time to drill some obedience in them as well. I will force them to pass the exam so that I won't fail. As the final exam grows closer, I grow more and more nervous. Sure, we've seen a lot of improvements, but will it be enough? What if the test is something we didn't practice for? Alright! Let's teach them the laws that should be important as well.

So I stack more and more onto their schedule until, finally, I manage to stop myself, canceling any training I was planning to give them on the last day. They need to be relaxed, after all - and I need sleep. But, I'm somewhat confident that we'll pass the exam. And thus I collapse to sleep, sleeping through the whole afternoon and night, only barely waking up in time for the exam on the final day.

Which turns out to be an obstacle course, of all things. Simulating a run through a dungeon of sorts, with traps and monsters, requiring cooperation to succeed. And, well... it seems like my training was somewhat over the top, as we pass the exam with ease. Embarrassed, I endure the dubious gazes of the examiners that think I somehow cheated and found out about the test beforehand. Only after an oath do they believe me. Whew.

With that done, I say farewell from my ex-teammates, hopefully forever as I never liked them, and return to the guild, hand in the report, and decide on my plans for the evening - getting dead drunk.

"That's a shame, it would have been nice if you made some friends..."

Reward
  • Money: 20 G / person
  • Other: City Guard License

OOC: Please mark report evaluated
Alice appraised the Dire wolf one
this is the City guard one.