Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Nivateth

Slime Subjugation [SC0103]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a
Vadrifel walks in, smelling like a slime. she puts a bag of ten cores on the counter and gives her report orally
"I killed the slimes by drawing their attention in with a light and keeping them distracted with it. i can demonstrate it here if needed, as it gives off no heat it just attracts things. to ensure they didnt move i rooted them in place and then i proceeded to smack them with my wings until they stopped jiggling. that's why i still smell of slime. i flapped my wings until the slime came off outside the city. and now we're here."Her eyes kind of went blank at the "smacked them with my wings" part.

Last edited:

Himekawa

evaluated

> > >
Fragments of a Torn Map [SR0704]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: The Captain’s Test
  • Track down a rival pirate crew.
  • Determine if they still possess the map piece.
  • Utilize any means necessary to extort its location.
  • Collect one of the map fragments.
Once upon a time, six young pirates sat in a tavern.
As friends, comrades, they shared rum and split the spoils.
One pirate opened a bottle and discovered a stunning treasure map.
Greedy, the pirates killed each other over the map’s possession.
With a torn map and splintered crew, each pirate set out their own path.
This was decades ago. Your captain wants to settle an old score.
Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
  • Other: N/A
> > >

Watery wondered. Why, after she joined the ambling pirates, she had not yet set sail on the open sea? After the initiation test, he just dropped her here at some port that she didn't know about. The captain, instead, just asked her to track the group called bashful pirate here. He said that he would fetch her three days later. Was this a neglect play?

She guessed she was just an errand girl for now. The captain had ordered her here to fetch some kind of treasure map from the bashful pirates. What kind of map was it, anyway? Her leg brought her to one pub. If there was one thing she knew about being a pirate, it was that they like to drink their alcohol.

She looked around the tavern. The bashful pirates were known for their unique attire and their axes. A hooded robe with red, green, blue and gray color. The robe has some kind of ear thing coming from its hood, and two large buttons were sewn on its top, giving the appearance of a ragged puppet, if that puppet was human sized. Found them. The captain said they had some basic training as a mage. Hearing that, she felt that she should have joined them instead of that no good crew. For now, she would just observe them.

"Umm... I noticed that you are staring at us." one of the bashful pirate said from his desk. Was she too close in her observation? She thought that she wouldn't be noticed with the people around her being so boisterous. She thought that she had perfected her unassuming observer pose, with her empty gaze. But, sitting beside them was a no-no huh. She would have to revise it for the future. For now, she nodded at the white-haired boy's question.

If she had to be honest, the quadruplet was so close in appearance. It was like someone took them from a painting, then just recolored their clothes to be different. Not even one part of their hair seem different. That would be something she would be confused on if she later decided to steal from them. Captain had said that the grey one was the captain's old comrade. But, couldn't they just swap their clothes?

She decided to stand up and come to their desk. She believed that she should be direct here.

"The captain of the ambling pirates gives his greeting." She bowed slightly. Was she too polite? No matter. She would have the time to learn pirate's speech pattern in the future. For now, "He'd like to gather the torn maps and want yours."

The grey robed one raised his head and spoke. "If he want this piece of scrap paper, sure. Not for free, though."

Was it the lighting? The glare from the lighting made his glasses shine briefly as he interlocked his finger on the desk. He then continued. "We expect supplies, enough for one month of seafaring in exchange for the map."

"That can be done. Let's meet at the port in three days." Well... if the captain didn't want to pay for her expenses, she could just find another captain.

---

As the captain said, three days later, the captain's ship arrived at the port. She then boarded the ship and went to the captain quarter.

"So, how is it? Did you get the map?"

"They'll come today, captain. I don't know what the map looked like, so I think of asking you to be there today."

"Be there?" the captain asked as he tilted his head slightly.

"Yes. I've made an arrangement for them to deliver the map. Now, I just need to fulfill our part of arrangement." she said while also making sure to stress on the 'our' part of the sentence.

"What kind of arrangement?"

"bringing them one month of supplies."

"Don't tell me..." his face became slightly paler. "Are you going to take our supply and give it to them?"

she nodded. After all, fishes was available in the sea. There was no problem in giving them their ration, she thought. And if they need their fisherman, she could volunteer. With her, how hard would it be to catch fishes? Therefore, she would no longer be neglected here.

"If... If I don't agree to it?"

"Your ship?" she tilted her head.

---

The exchange took place in the afternoon. The captain of the ambling pirates has his piece of paper, and the bashful pirates has their supplies. Thus, her job was done.

Last edited:

Fairy-Chan

Qwest is appwaised! :blob_aww:
It's Time to be a Maid! [SC0110]
Objectives:
  • Spend a day cleaning the Tavern.
  • Help out around the Tavern.
So you know that Tavern where a bunch of adventurer's live?
Since it's owned by the government, the guild will pay for you to work there.
Sweep the floors, do the laundry, wash the dishes, help out at the bar...
Rewards:
This time I went to the tavewn! It was like, filled with people, like... Lots and lots of them! :blob_dizzy:

But I'm stwong! I can do this! I fwew to the countew and talked to the big gween boy and said I wanted to help! For qwest! :blob_hug:

Then he asked some questions like, if I could clean or sewve tables, and like... Of couwse I could! :blob_hmph:

... If they were normal sized that is! Why is evewything here so big!? :blob_catflip:

So instead the big gween boy named Piewwe asked me to help with making beew! It was pwetty fun! I had to push some heavy things and cowoful watew came out of it! It was pwetty! :blob_aww:

I spent the day helping him out like that! It was quite fun! :blob_party:

When I stawted getting sleepy though, he told me I did a good job and that they got more customews because people thought it was a cute spectacwe... I didn't get it, but I was glad to help! :blobtaco:

So I came back to tell that before sleeping... It's quite late, Ewde needs to sleep eawly because good giwls sleep eawly... So good nighty... :blob_sleep:

Last edited:

Himekawa

evaluated
> > >

Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

She was neglected once again, with an additional order to not give anything if she had to negotiate like before. After the exchange of the map and the supplies yesterday, the captain asked her to search for the next holder, which according to the captain was located in this island too. He would send a messenger pigeon this time to fetch the part of the map in three days. After that, he sailed away, and she was left here again.

The chicken pirate. one of the most feared pirate in this part of the sea. His breath could petrify people, and the captain was an expert in throwing egg on people. The problem was that he has 80% or more success rate of inducing amnesia when the thrown egg hit people's head, according to the bartender.

Thus, she set up to look for him.

---

No one told her that the chicken pirate captain was a literal giant chicken. Well... the chicken had snake coming out of its rear. Wing, check. Chicken head, check. Chicken leg, check. snake body... If she had to compare between the snake she found in the wild and that one, the only thing that was missing was its tail. So, she added the body to the checklist. According to the book she had read in the library, this creature was classified as cockatrice.

She had expected him to be more serpentine-like instead of chicken-like. Like a dragon instead of a chicken. Nevertheless, she had her mission.

"So, you've come from the ambling pirates. Tell me, how is he?" The chicken spoke. Did it have a developed vocal cord? Though, she herself didn't have one, and she could speak. Thinking about it, she never knew how she could speak.

"Healthy." she replied.

"That's like him, indeed. alright, what do you want?"

"Map..."

"That old thing? Sure." He said. Somehow, she could feel an aura of smugness from him? She discontinued this line of thought.

"Freely?"

"Sure... sure... give my regards to him, will you?"

She nodded and said her thanks. After this, she just need to send it using the captain's pigeon.

---

She wondered why the captain didn't come back for her. From his pigeon, she found 20G and a note to go to another island, to search for another fragment of the map. Was she even a proper pirate? She felt like treasure hunter instead at this moment.

She tied the map fragment to the pigeon and let it fly away. Next, Greed island.

Last edited:

Himekawa

evaluated.> > >

Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

A slave trader. The woman was a slave trader. Arriving at the island, the dancing pirates were easily found. Their name was well known among the people there as a prominent slave trader group.

"You want that old map? Simple, bring me two slaves. You can look for people to be slaved, or you can buy it from me. I'll even throw 20% discount for you. So, which one ?"

"I'll look around." Buying slaves at her must be overpriced.

"Okay. Here's two collar. I'll wait for your delivery!" The woman said, cheerily.

searching for slaves, huh. This meant that she had to defeat some pirates and make them submit, right? That meant she had to kidnap someone. Easy.

Standing in front of the bar, she saw pirates coming in and out of this area. She was looking for a group of three or less. After the night came, she began her stalking.

'Not this one. Not this one either. This one was alone?'

She followed the man. As they went into a secluded road, she struck at the base of his neck.

'One get.'

She just have to look for one more. looking around, she didn't have anyone that could be a target. Therefore, stashing the man somewhere, she tied the collar to his neck.

---

She wondered why people dared to come out alone right this. When there was a kidnapper running around, wasn't being together a good policy? She saw most of the people coming in and out together. Though, those lone wolves made it easy for her to do it. As she attached another collar to her new helper, she dragged the two.

somehow, they were staring at her when she did this. Come to think of it. The two wore similar attire, too. Were they the ruler of this place? There was someone in front of her too, trying to block her way and hand over these two.

"You don't know who we..." she punched his face. She could feel her ice hand fracture upon hitting the man's face. As she recovered her hand, she felt that this situation was annoying. As for the man, he was out cold there.

The man's teammate began to attack. Those two was her catch now, not your teammate. You could buy them later from that dancing pirates. They unloaded their pistol into her while she was thinking those thought.

do they want to take these two that much? She pulled one of her catch and heaved his body in front of her. If they wanted to kill this man, she could take another one like the one currently unconscious in front of her. At this action, they halted.

Since they stopped, she took the two with her.

---

they followed her to dancing pirate's base. One of her victim must be someone important, since when she used his body, they didn't dare to attack. Well... that was good for her, right? It seemed like their number multiplied too. Was one of them their captain?

she brought them inside. Two slaves, freshly caught.

At the sight of two of them, the woman came over. Did she caught someone the woman knew personally? How could she know about that information anyway? If this came to this, she should prepare for confrontation. Making one of her hand into blade, she pointed it to her victim.

"Map?"

"Release them! You dare to make an enemy of dancing pirate!? Even if he is my old mate, this is a declaration of war! Release them or I won't let you come out of here alive!"

She wondered what made the captain so emotional. The woman seemed calm when they first meet.

"I just want the map." Watery said.

"You attack my first mate and brother over that map!?"

first mate? brother? She fucked up?

"Just the map and I'll leave."

the woman calmed down slightly at that. Enough to be reasonable over this matter, at least. The woman dropped the map on where she stood.

"Come here and take it."

She wondered if this was an attempt to corner her. She was the only one on the door side. And if she went there, she would be trapped in the room.

no matter. As she directly walked to the floor the woman once stood, the woman hugged the wall and moved around her to go to the two.

She crouched and took the map. As she stood up and raised her head, her head was pierced by an arrow and subsequently destroyed.

"How do you like that, bitch?"

Should she reform her head? she had her map. For now, she would better return. Her head could be reformed later.

She ran, slamming onto that woman on her way out. Jumping over the two unconscious man, she ran to the exit.

A few more shot from their forces hit her, as she passed through. She was only glad that she wasn't delayed by one of them destroying this puppet body's joint, As she managed to break out of their base, she reformed her head. For good measure, she changed her face too.

with that, she waited for the man's bird to come here.

Last edited:

Reciful

EVALUATION

UNAPPRAISED

Today it's time for another tunnel worm subjugation. Just like last time, I borrow some sealant and enter the mines, my eyes sweeping the area for any signs of tunnel worm activity. But it seems like this area, at least, is safe. I proceed further down the mines, before suddenly stopping. Before me, a rock mite scurries across the tunnel. And what do you do with rock mites?

That's right! I charge forward and kick it, flinging the small creature across the tunnel. It impacts the stone wall with a satisfying crunch, it's shell failing to protect it from the impact. Whistling a happy tune I stroll onwards, as the crushed corpse falls down onto the floor next to me with a wet splosh. Ugh, the smell...

It is only later that I notice that some of the thing's blood splashed on my boots - and any attempts at cleaning them are unsuccessful. If anyone asks, the grey-ish color on my boots is a new fashion, okay? Anyway. I proceed through the mines, squashing lone rock mites every now and then. But, finally, I guess? Finally, as I turn around a corner, I chance upon a lone snake. Within a second, I have its head impaled on my sword. Now, this is promising. Snakes here mean nearby tunnels.

I proceed to search the area and manage to find the tunnel after a brief search. Rocks and sealant quickly block this entrance for the snakes, and as I continue onwards, more careful than before, I notice the faint rumbling of a tunnel worm approaching me. As I roughly know what to expect, I ready myself, taking the plow guard and listening in on the rumble to find the right moment to jump away. Then I notice that the sound seems to come from the side... that's new. But not a real problem.

And the time... is now! I jump backward while angling my sword for the thrust beneath the worm's scales, successfully evading the worm's "surprise" attack and thrust my sword beneath its scales from behind, and proceed to tear off its scales while moving closer to the wall. The worm struggles, wiggling its mouth around while trying to get to me, but can't reach me where I am due to its flexibility being limited due to the thick, overlapping scales. Or in other words... kill it before it escapes!

With a grunt, I bury my sword in the spot where I tore off its scales before pulling it towards me, cutting open the worm's bowels, its organs spilling to the ground in front of me. Remember what I said about the grey on my shoes? With it being fashion? Add red to that. And black. In fact, I am tempted to sell my shoes as some sort of art piece just to get rid of them. And make a profit. The way the various kinds of blood overlay and fuse together... yuck! I mean, fascinating! Any art-lover should consider buying these unique shoes!

I finish the rest of the quest without anything special happening, gathering the worm's scales and returning to the guild while admiring the colors on my shoes before handing in my report. Now, let's see if I can't find someone interested in the... uh... masterpiece my shoes are. Yeah. Masterpiece.

( In your shadow a pure white head of a girl with red eyes emerges & start talking)

Hi there~

Oh? Ah~ wait don't be scared I'm not your foe~ I mean no harm! So lower that sword kay?

You see I'll be the receptionist who will be Evaluate your report you may call me Reciful~

Good work killing worms! Oh your planning to sell that shoe? I see good luck! Deceive them well~
But be careful not to scam by mistake a literal demon.... Those guys were good at deception.. much better than humans... Like me!.... Joke~

Here's your Rewards!!!!
  • Money: 35 G

Reciful

EVALUATION!!

Unevaluated

> > >

The Hidden Symbol [SR0001]
  • Required Level: n/a
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: At least 1 completed guild quest.
  • Make contact with a spy from the guild.
  • Learn how to use the Hidden Symbol.
  • Submit a quest report from Spire Reef.
The guild has no official branch office in Spire Reef.
We depend on adventurers to serve as our secret informants.
Meet with a guild spy to learn how to submit quest reports.
By drawing the Hidden Symbol on paper and burning it…
Your message will make its way to our agents.
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
> > >

"You don't have to come back here anymore."

The woman gave her the quest, the hidden symbol.

"Just learn from that. write this symbol on your report and burn it. Just the symbol will do. I'll intercept it with my magic. Understand?"

She nodded.

"Alright. Go away and don't come here anymore."

She left.

(From within a dark corner of a building in Spire Reef... A Red hooded white girl slowly Emerged )

Hi there~

Please don't be cautious.... I'm Reciful the receptionist today~
I'm here to Evaluate your report you see.

So... You make contact with the spy... quite rude right? What a unfriendly bunch~

Anyway We look forward on your reports while your here in Spire reef! Good luck drawing your symbol!

( The Red hooded girl vanish within the shadow )

Rewards:

Himekawa

evaluated> >

Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >
She wondered if the fourth pirate would be more reasonable. After the disastrous encounter with the third, she hoped that she could get that map peacefully.

---

"You want my map, dood?"

She nodded.

"50G or this exchange won't happen, dood."

Right. This was reasonable. She gave the penguin-costumed person 50G and got her map.

"Nice dooing business with you, dood." The penguin waved.

Four of five. Just one more, after this. After this, he won't be able to leave her alone like this. He'd accept her as a proper pirate crew, definitely.

She left the penguin and went to the meeting place, waiting for his pigeon to come there.

Last edited:

Reciful

EVALUATION!

> > >
Forest Ranger [SC0301]
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Hunting Mission
  • Serve as a guide for civilians in the forest.
  • Protect civilians from harm.
Many of Scribel's citizens are afraid to enter the forest alone.
It is easy to lose your way if you are unfamiliar with the trails.
As an experienced woodsman, help guide citizens through the woods.
Protect our people from coming to harm.
Rewards:
> > >

Report Status: Not Appraised

Niror after spending a few days familiarizing herself with the forest and the trails thinks she is ready for her next quest she is going to do. She’s going to guide a group of people through the forest, to get to an outskirt town nearby. Nodding to herself as she walked to the guild to see how many in the group she is going to go with the forest with. As she arrived she met with a small group of four people - at least it wasn’t six or larger.

She smiled as she got to the group, as a large man looked over. “You are going to be our guide?” He huffed, as he thought she was too small to be a guide, especially she looked like she was six. “That’s right, sir.” Her former working with difficult adventurers will surely help with this older gentleman. He kept staring at her before giving a faint nod. “Alright, our lives are trust to you then.” He stated, but she could see he still doesn’t fully trust her, which isn’t a surprise.

She nodded slightly before turning motioning for the group to follow her. “We’re going to go slow so it won’t attract monsters unless you have to be in a hurry.” She peered over as she walked, as the group shook their heads to her question. She returned a nod as they made their way towards the forest.

As they traveled relatively fast to make it to the Asteria Village in one day, as well as taking breaks it was a peaceful time. She doesn’t know why they wanted to go through the western forest but she won’t say anything, peering around the trees for any signs of monsters or other humanoids.

Arriving at the village she turned to the group smiling. “It was nice to get to know you all, but now if you excuse me.” She bowed waving to the group as she started to run back to the city, she has other quests she wants to do on the way - her next stop will be the northern forest after turning in her quest and report and resting for a little bit.

( As Niror was running towards the city.... Someone calls her out)

Psst..
Psst over here~

In Niror own shadow.......A white smiling face of a girl Emerged.

Hi there~ I'm Reciful the Receptionist today~ Hm? Why are in shock?
Anyway good job guiding them~ & don't worry even Me always get misunderstood due to My looks ahahaha.

Here's your Rewards~

Rewards:

Reciful

EVALUATION!!

Qwest isn't appwaised yet!

I know abowt hewbs! I cwan do this! :blob_aww:

I fwew away fwom the city and seawched fow a patch of gwass! Then I stawted to pick the hewbs that were shiny! It was like, supew easy! I haz lots of hewbs! :blob_party:

But then a doggy appeawed! A supew giant doggy! :blob_aww:

We played fow a long long time! It kept wunning aftew me and I kept fwying! It was supew fun! At least until the doggy got tiwed and went home, bye doggy, I'll miss you... :blob_teary:

And aftew that I fwew back to the city and delivewed these... Wait, what do you mean the sacks are too smaw? I can only cawwy those!!! :blob_no:

Heeeellloooo~

( A white girl wearing a Red cloak & white dress Emerged from dark ceiling of the guild.... She is currently inverted hanging from above. )

I'm Reciful the Receptionist today~

Ahh~ how cute~ this make me nostalgia when I first did this quest!... I make friends with a Mr. goblin back then.... Sadly his limbs get Twisted as we play throughout the day... Ahhh nostalgia Nostalgia~

Anyway we accept that small sack! this herbs were very very valuable for many people... Cause almost no one gather Herbs anymore! This days

Thanks for Gathering them~

Here's your Rewards

Reciful

EVALUATION!

Qwest isn't appwaised yet!

This time I went to the owphanage! There were lots of childwen there! We'd play lots and lots! :blob_party:

No, I mean! I will take cawe of them! Ewde is a responsible giwl! I can take care of childwen! :blob_hmph:

I reached the owphanage and told the nice lady there, a big big giwl named Tabea that I'd take care of them for her! But she looked at me like... Like I couwdn't do it at all!!! :blob_teary:

But then like, we heawd some shouts, like, big loud shouts! Fwom the children! I flew there before Tabea reached them and saw two childwen fighting ovew who would be the one to thwow watew at the plants with theiw new toy... That's bad! :blob_thor:

I fwew neaw them and scolded them! "Bad childwen! Bad! Plants need to be taken care of with love! Not hatwed! If you don't like youw fwiend, then the plant won't like you!" :blob_hmph:

The childwen stopped fighting and looked at me with awe, I'm supew good, ain't I? :blob_evil_two:

But then they were like! Rushing towawds me! Scawy! They're too big! I need to fwy away to not be cwushed! :blob_no:

So we spent the day playing tag, then hide and seek, then jump rope and then then then then... Then Tabea called us fow food! And it was like, supew tasty! She even gave me some giant cookies to munch on! It was sooo good! :blob_aww:

Aftew that she thanked me fow keeping watch ovew the childwen while she took care of the house, so she told me I did a good job at the qwest and could take my rewawd... Oh yeah, I took a qwest! Yay me! :blob_party:

So I fwew back to the guild tired and wrote this... And now I'm going to sleep, the top of that twee looks really pwetty, so I'll go there, bye! :blob_sleep:

(.... A white hand Emerged from the shadow on one of the tree branch... Soon a White girl wearing a Red Cloak crawled out from the shadow of the Tree )

Pssst~
.... Psssssssst~ wake up~ wake up~... A demon from the abyss has come to get you~ ufufufufu~*whisper*

Oh you finally awake?... Hello hello~ I'm Reciful 'Innocent Malice' ... I'm the receptionist today you see~

Eh!? Wait don't flew away!! The demon thing I said is just a joke!!! I'm not a demon I think!!!

Ahem! Good job taking care of children! They are innocent bunch of humans but they are also Malicious & ignorant at the same time~ you did suuuuuper well...

You know if its me who take care of them.... They will have a wonderful nightmare!.... Joke~

Here your Reward Fairy~
  • Money: n/a

Reciful

EVALUATION

Vadrifel walks in, smelling like a slime. she puts a bag of ten cores on the counter and gives her report orally
"I killed the slimes by drawing their attention in with a light and keeping them distracted with it. i can demonstrate it here if needed, as it gives off no heat it just attracts things. to ensure they didnt move i rooted them in place and then i proceeded to smack them with my wings until they stopped jiggling. that's why i still smell of slime. i flapped my wings until the slime came off outside the city. and now we're here."Her eyes kind of went blank at the "smacked them with my wings" part.

Hi there~

My name is Reciful 'Innocent Malice'.... I'm todays Receptionist for fun~

Wow that A lot of effort for slimes!.... Well they are dangerous if one is careless.

Ahhh~ I remembered those time I'm always covered By Slime goo & Sewer Rats Blood from head to toe! People always tell me go to bath house across the Street.... But since the Receptionist is sooo annoying So I simply shake My entire body scattering goo & blood inside the Guild hall! AHAHAHAHAHA!! their annoyed face is soooo much fun to look at!

Why not try it at least one time? Ahahaah just kidding~

(Reciful Vanished inside the shadow)

Here's your rewards

FenrIIrz

> > >
Pay Yer Fee! [SR0701]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Open Sea!
  • Work with your crew to intercept merchant ships.
  • Threaten them and force them to pay ransom.
  • If they resist, rob them naked!
Dozens of trade routes criss-cross across the Black Sea.The captain has found a passage that seems rich for taking. We, the pirates, will plunder this trade route for gold!Force those rich merchants to pay us! Money or their life! Rewards:
  • Money: 50 G
  • Other: Some Goodies
> > >
“Good Afternoon, gentlemen. My name is Captain Kingsley. I want to remind you that you guys are passing through our water.”

“Oh? And what do you want, sir?”

“Give us a bit of your money and we will let you pass.”

“Pirate scums. Guards! Kill them!”

“Leave the merchant alive. Other can die or live up to you.”

*sighs* ‘Troublousome’ Sil thought.

“Please. Please! I will pay. Please forgive me.”

Sil looked around for their crews then Kingsley stepped up. “Take everything. He doesn’t need a second offer.” He grabbed the merchant’s back collar and tossed him out of the ship.

“Noooo!” *splash*

“Anything good down there?” Kingsley asked

“Not much gold. Mostly weapons and food.” Sil replied

“How about getting a new sword? You won’t last long with those knives.”

The crews walked down to the bottom floor. Inside the storeroom, there was a barrels filled with either weapons or rations. These look like imported items from various places.

“You guys don’t use long sword right?”

“Aye, we need an empty hand to grab things. No two-handed sword. Those are for filthy rich knights. A bastard sword or boarding pike might do the job”

“I’ll take the former and a few extra.”

“Suit yourself.”
  • 7x Pistol ammo

Last edited:

Himekawa

evaluated > >

Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

She wondered. Despite some book depicted them as walking pigs, the orcs was always one large monster in the stories. muscular, large frame. Master of combat as they wield their weapon with finesse and brute strength. Pot belly. It was certainly not these ones in front of her.

The orcs in front of her were small humanoid pig-like creatures. They had an upturned pig nose and two long teeth that were always visible. They had a fur tuft on their chest. They wore a hard helmet with three spikes and a belt on their stomach. They all wielded a spiked club.

That shattered her images of orc in stories. She could not believe that these people were orc in the fantasy books. Was she mistaken?

"Orc pirates?" She muttered, still in disbelief. Perhaps she was wrong.

"That's us." she was sceptical. He continued. "What business do you have with the great orc pirate?"

"Captain Toga asked for the map. 20 years ago, you have taken one fragment of it."

He snorted. "And?"

"I'd like to take it from you."

"You are really funny. Guys, Break her bones."

Did that mean she had to kill him? She had been trying to clamp on her violent tendency, trying to not cause excessive damage. She had failed a few times, sure. Perhaps she could just threaten them?

She navigated herself to the edge of the ship, sending a tendril of water to connect to the ocean. With this, it was a check. Using her connection, she made a water wall that loomed on the ship from the starboard direction.

"Can I have the map, please?"

---

This was the last of the map. With this, the captain should have no excuse to delay to fetch her, right? She sat on the town's square, waiting for the captain's bird to come. At last, this blasted map quest has been completed.

Last edited:

Nivateth

Reviewed.
Goblin Subjugation [SC0303]
Objectives:
  • Exterminate stray goblins.
  • Collect 3 pairs of goblin ears.
  • Warning: Do not overestimate yourself.
    • Report large goblin tribes/clans to the guild.
    • Do not pick fights you cannot handle.
Goblins are one of the weakest monsters. However, they can be extremely dangerous in numbers.They have been known to kill travelers and overconfident adventurers.Do not underestimate the goblins. They are a deadly threat.It is ill-advised to taken on more than a few at once. Rewards:
  • Money: 14 G
Niv walks in again, less covered in cuts this time, but still slightly irritated looking. she places a foul-smelling bag on the bar and starts speaking
"Killed some goblins. 3 of em'. annoying buggers dont get distracted much. tried surrounding them with my flaming bullets and they didnt even flinch. so i fired them all at once, nothing happened that time either. luckily though to me this is kinda like fighting human v human to you guys, since im so small. plus the two of them that melee'd used wooden weapons, one tied together by string, so when they swung while my aura was active their sticks started to burn. still, those stone throwers are annoying." she pokes at one of the bruises on her face. "hunting goblins is such a pain..." she looks irritated for a moment, then switches it up "well, anyways, those three dont seem to be associated with any tribes or hordes or anything so it should be fine."

Last edited:

Nivateth

Reviewed
If You See Something, Say Something [SC0106]
Objectives:
  • Observe something suspicious or noteworthy.
  • Report your findings to the guild.
Scribel City relies on civilians to maintain public order.
Please report sightings of suspicious people, monsters, and other concerning intel.
The guild will assemble a task force to investigate and tackle the threat.
Rewards:
  • Money: 0-30 G
Vadrifel walks into the guild. "Maybe everyone was confused by my appearance or something because all i could hear about was somethin' about "glowing pink metal wings" or something along those lines but aside from rumors about my appearance i did hear some strange stuff."
"well, i heard something about a "little kid with burning hair" and "a small boy who's voice changes, and he disappears from sight at random." something about the one with burning hair appearing during the slime raid. I saw a corpse near the sewers, dont really know if it was the rats or a supicious person though, but the corpse looked relatively okay. so it was probably murder. it was near the exits out of the city from the sewers."
"so, to review,
A.) Heard rumors about myself, a kid with flaming hair, and a small boy who disappears.
B.) I saw a corpse near the sewers, it looks untouched aside for a few stab wounds so it was probably murder. said body was located near the exit out of the sewers and out of the city.
and that's about all i learned on my expedition. maybe the body was killed by rats, but i just figured you'd want to know of something like a body."

Last edited:

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
This quest was appraised!
> > >
Driving the Wagon [SC0310]
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road.
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Merchant Guild License
> > >
“So, on the behalf of the Merchant Guild, we will go to Asteria Village to deliver products to its inhabitants?”
As far as my knowledge permits me, there is something odd. I mean. What I heard made me conclude that Asteria was a simple and ordinary village. Likely… the only goods they might import would be food coming from the farms? Unless the farms made a deal with the Merchant Guild?

Nonetheless, it remains odd. Unless I check the goods… which would be a breach in the contract and a clear transgression towards unspoken rules… I cannot know for sure. So far, I can make out some hypothesis.
Either the goods are farm products and thus, for some reasons, they have a deal with the Merchant Guild who serves as an intermediary. Perhaps, is it to control the price so they follow the fluctuations of the currency? Or to regulate the prices. It is plausible enough. It is even highly likely if--

--the wagon is indeed transporting alimentation.

Then, what if it’s not food? Mmmmm. Something peculiar about Asteria? It could be related to the village’s traditions or festival… or the parish church? Or… am I being too paranoid? If I just take it this way-- it may not be related to the village, but simply a rich individual. It could be anything.

“Yes, we’re going there… I am likely overthinking it. But, I feel like there is something odd.”

It could simply be me seeking justifications. After all-- I heard the word Asteria from who? The inmate in Scribel Prison. Thus, I need… a rational motive to find something peculiar about Asteria.
Unfortunately, there are too many factors that can dismiss all of my thoughts.

“How troublesome… they advised hiring guards but…”
Let’s admit it. The reward is 30G. Likely, they count the guard costs in it. First, let’s think about food! A common meal in the Tavern costs 5G, the round trip lasts… 2 or 3 days? Then, the cost of hiring the guard itself…
Admittingly, the prices of the tavern are likely too high. If you got the tools and ingredients, you can likely cook the same meal but at a lower price. Nonetheless, I do not have these tools.

Anyway! It’s better to try without guards once, then, we will see how it goes. In the worst case--

“Eh! That’s fine! Paul, you will protect me and the goods, right?”

His eyes sized me with a hint of reluctance. I suppose I have to drop a hint. Or… money. It’s still cheaper than hiring guards!

“You are going to follow me and not let me die anyway. May as well protect the wagon at the same time, don’t you think? Ah, and I can offer 5G for that. And… something you may find interesting”
Another issue with hiring guards… I need to know where I can find skilled and trustworthy guards, don’t I? I don’t. I admit I could ask the Merchant Guild. Nonetheless, they may find me guards that are similar to speculated products. Wasteful for the customers.

“Haaa… you just want to take advantage of me, don’t you? Then, go on!”
Bah! Of course!

In any case, I remember that he always seemed to detect creatures dozens of meters away even when he could not see them. So, getting ambushed seemed unlikely… on top of that, bandits can just be scared off. Burn one of them to death while he is screaming, the rest flee-- usually, they are just normal people who turn vicious because of poverty.

Silently, we began travelling towards Asteria. Honestly, the beginning will likely be peaceful due to the presence of farms. After a day, we should have done around three-quarters of the trip.

“Paul, you can sleep. We should be safe for around… six hours. Only the two last hours before we get to set up a camp for the night may be troublesome.”
This friend of mine simply nodded and lied down in the wagon, just beside the goods. Good thing he understood. In the meantime… I have to think about camping.

Four hours later, nothing happened. I stopped the carriage to feed the horses and let them rest for a bit… I may be pushing it a bit too much. I should take a break every two hours, don’t I?

Six hours later… Huh. So they will attack at night? Should I wake up… no. Not yet. Although, I am surprised. He slept six hours straight! Anyway, I ate a jerky and fed the horses once again. Eight hours later. We stopped and I woke up this sleeping beauty.

“Paul. Wake up, it has been eight hours…”
Excluding the breaks. It has been eight hours… to be able to sleep eight hours in the wagon, I wonder how exhausted was he? Or was he awake but did not want to speak?

“Give me… five minutes. Can you prepare… a campfire? Unless you’re not capable of doing such a thing…”

I let out a sigh. How difficult could that be? Picking up wood and burning it… oh well. It was easily done after a little dozen of minutes. Surprisingly, I did not meet anyone. Were they waiting for me to turn my back?

“Oi, ye bastard! Come back here!”
Ha? That’s… unlike Paul. Yet it is his voice? At least, I do not think I ever heard him insult him blatantly. Thus, he probably did it on purpose… does it mean that something happened? No. He noticed something. Ah. The bandits, he likely felt them arriving!
I came back with the wood I picked up and began setting the campfire while I waited for him to whisper what was the current situation.

‘Five people. On the other side of the road, likely, they will try to enter into the wagon, take what they need and leave.’
Alright. If we ambush them, it is likely to turn out in our advantage. They are not bandit… let’s just threaten them. If they were real bandits, there would be no question, nor mercy…

--While I think that. I do not think we would be able to win against bandits when only two of us are guarding our wagon. However… if I maintain my composure, take one of them and burn him to death while holding him. That may ward them off…

If that does happen!

“I will try something. Just to scare them off.”
That’s simple. I was going to throw a fireball I would prepare for one or two minutes, and shout--

“Who is there?! Show yourselves or you will burn!”
My aim is purposely off, towards the sky… I don’t want anything I cannot see to burn because of my carelessness. Thanks to his--

“They are fleeing, hurriedly.”
You did not have to say that. I can even hear them running, one of them even fall on his way. The advantage of this act is that-- they will not resent me, because they did not see me. If we did ambush them, they would remember how I look like… while in this situation, half-hidden behind a wagon, nearby a barely lit campfire at night. They will overthink and think that they were careless!

“Phew. It worked. Although… how did you… determine that they were not gonna attack us?”
I have a few guesses but I was able to make them only after they fled, thus discovering that they were not accustomed to such situations.

“They were not on the right side of the road… on the road, they would have less means to stay discreet.”
...Simplistic but believable. If we met bandits, they would kill us. I mean, between silently robbing and, perhaps, being ambushed when we would discover their acts-- and just straight out eliminate the unknown menace. The latter was much more practical.
Although… in all honesty, that is not something you should determine by only this. For example, what if they had weapons and armours? Yet still came from the other side of the path.

“You fool. But… your ability’s just too useful.”
That is the only thing I could mutter. Even if his thought-processing was not impressive. The way he can pinpoint creatures even if he cannot see them is terrifying yet--
--he could not see it. That shape he wishes so much to know about.

Could I assume that this is a hallucination? Right, he did mention that only I could see him because of our blood ties. Nonetheless… it does not make any sense. Unless if he were to speak about it by using the concept of a ‘guardian angel’. Then, perhaps, with the already-made theories, we could make some sense of it…
However, it seemed to be unrelated to it. It seemed much more… primitive. As for why? He asked about ancient or tribal magic. The keyword to my ears appeared to be ‘tribal’. Usually, this kind of spells… does not accord well with the current concepts and so-called rules of magic. As if they functioned on a completely different plane.

--or people, in my previous world, wished to conceal how it functioned. Which may make sense. I would need to investigate it but before that… I need to go back to my world to investigate it, ha. So, I shall never know. Like so, so, so many things.

Right, I should get a notebook to organise my thoughts and… not forget them as well.

“Take a jerky from my backpack if you want to eat something… I will sleep.”
At least, try to.

Once it was morning, a delicious scent invaded my nose, my eyes immediately darted toward the fire camp and saw that… the meat was being roasted. Paul… I hate to think about it, but everything about him except his looks and personality is attractive. Hunting? Yes. Detecting enemies ahead? Yes. Fighting abilities-- actually, I don’t know?

“How lovely, I can eat meat right when I wake up.”
Admittedly, he could refuse and not let me eat anything. More seriously, can he eat everything? Probably not. Thus, I shall help him…
“Don’t touch, it’s mine.”

Too late. He seemed to be slightly annoyed but I didn’t mind and simply indulged myself into eating this delicious breakfast. I suppose I will need to find a way to calm him later on… these things happen I suppose? In any case, we never have any interesting topic to speak about.

Near evening but not quite, we arrived at Asteria, for some reasons, guards were waiting for us. I proved my identity and then gave them the packages to the guards..? Wait, it must be noted on the crates… I checked quickly and noticed that the receiver were the guards of Asteria…

“I have a question, what was exactly in the package?”
One of the guards frowned in surprise, likely because I transported packages without knowing what these were. However, he quickly regained his composure and replied to my question without flinching.

“Food and weapons… some bandits somehow succeeded at robbing both of these resources.”
I see… isn’t that worrisome that bandits could attack Asteria-- wait, robbing? Ah. They did not fight. Otherwise, the guard would not be so relaxed. If someone died, there would be a hint of emotion in his voice, yet there is none. Mmmm. So rather than bandits… they are thieves? How did they get it without getting noticed… no.
To make a wagon come-- how could they rob so much yet not be caught? That is… interesting. If possible, I would like to know more about that… But eh. That sounds more trouble than it is worth.

Before leaving, we got the guard’s captain to sign the receipt given by the Merchant Guild.

“Alright, see you for another time.”
Of course, I want that Merchant Guild’s license. Thus, I will come back in Asteria at least twice… then, I can begin an investigation. Work first, personal reasons later. I need all of my preparation to be properly set up. First… a stable income! Research later!

For now, let’s just hurry and get that licence. No time to rest. And thus, with that thought in mind, we immediately left after delivering the packages to the guards of Asteria. Once again, hours later, evening came and we were going to set up a camp when…

“...Bandits? True ones it seems. Six of them. That’s… gonna be difficult.”
That is… troublesome. Although, also a good thing since it will permit me to see Paul’s fighting performance. Alas, it seems like he cannot handle this alone!

“We have thirty seconds left.”
Unsure about whether I should participate or not. I wished to observe his skills. Nonetheless, I suppose this is an opportunity I cannot take… let’s just prepare for the fight. Likely, the only thing I could do was to prepare a spell. Fire can easily cause irreparable collateral damage, lighting would be great but I cannot use it. Mmmm. I suppose I can try to use the wind. In any case, Paul had already drawn his sword and seemed ready to fight.

“Bah! They already know we are here! Let’s just go!”
The six bandits immediately appeared on the other side of the campfire we were going to set up. First, I need to disrupt their formation. I could try to trip them so we can kill them… Alright, just earth suddenly sprouting out of the soil should be enough! With their footing disturbed, they should be easier to deal with.
‘I am gonna make the fall. Finish them.’

I whispered to Paul before casting a spell, the six of them were coming, four on the side, two on the other. A few seconds later, one fell, I was in a hurry and failed. I planned to make the first one fall, but instead, it was the second… who pushed the first one while falling. Leaving out an opportunity for Paul to kill him.

“Back down!”
“Alright!”

After one of them was down, Paul ordered to retreat I assume. Likely, to come back later and attack them once again. That was much better than fighting all of them. Seeing that one of them died, they let out a sigh to express their annoyance but, at least, it meant that they will have fewer goods to share--

“It’s empty!”

Now that they had their back turned, we decided to return. I assume that each of us will be able to take down one while they were enraged at trying to rob a wagon that had nothing in it. What I did was simply put my hand at the back of the head of one of them, and froze it… at least, I tried. That would, at the very least, incapacitate him for a while. Meanwhile, Paul killed one of them.

Only three were left. I assumed he would handle two of them while I will take on the third one. Since we still had the element of surprise… It was doable-- I punched my enemy into the throat. All I had to do was to finish him up… once he was down, I tried to snap his neck.? I often heard about that, but never did so… since I heard the bones cracking, it should be fine?

I turned my head and saw that Paul was fighting with one of them, the last. Phew. I can take a break and observe-- at this exact moment, my ‘friend’ received an injury on his shoulder. Immediately after… his opponent died.

“That went unexpectedly well?”
My mouth could not help but let out these words as I looked over the corpses and a thought came into my mind. We could just bury them. That would avoid us thinking about how to deal with these.

“Not quite… my injuries are rather troublesome.”
I looked over another time and noticed that his thigh seemed to have a slight wound while his shoulder was a deep wound. Admittedly, I have seen worse, and people still fought with these injuries… however, it seems, Paul is no warrior. He is likely a scout, a hunter or anything similar.

“Alright, sleep, I will clean up everything.”
The ‘scout’ immediately laid down and fell asleep. While I did find that it was strange for him to fall asleep so easily. It is easy to feel jealous of such an ability. If I could fall asleep every time I want to, life would become easier.

In any case, using magic, I dug a common grave for the six bandits and threw their bodies inside. I could have taken their weapons… but it’s possible to be asked their origin. Saying that it comes from bandits is a typical excuse.

Once I was done with that grave, I lied down on the ground next to the campfire and stargazed I suppose. It did not cross my mind that we could be assaulted a second time and tried to fall asleep. Unsuccessfully. For next time, I need to find a way to hire bodyguards without it exceeding fifteen gold… no. What is the true reward of this quest? The gold does not matter, only the Merchant Guild’s License is significant enough.

Right, next time-- each time, I will use, at most, thirty gold! Fortunately, we were lucky this time. Six bandits? It’s relatively a small number… Or actually, I suppose it depends on the region you’re living in. At least, six bandits seem like a low number to me. On top of that, while they were willing to kill, they did not seem experienced.
As I was in the middle of thinking, my ears caught on something, the whisperings of a certain shadow. Unintelligible words I could not understand… a sort of lost dialect I suppose? My eyes drifted towards its direction and saw it.

“Do you mind saying something I can understand?”
It stopped speaking. However, this time… I heard something, a word I could understand. No. I cannot understand it, but I already heard it-- with a slightly different pronunciation. However, the essence remains the same.

‘Ed--ax.’

Its voice was chilling as if it came straight from hell. It is like a mercenary trying to speak while he was choking on his own blood. Whether that voice was terrifying or not, it meant that this word was related to that creature thus…
“Are you Edax?”

No replies. It simply raised its hand and pointed at me before disappearing like fumes spiralling above a cauldron. A conclusion to this exchange would be either-- I am Edax, or… I am an Edax. I wish I could find some books… Aaah.

In any case, after this sleepless night, we rode the wagon back to Scribel City. When we arrived it was night. And Paul just woke up, there must be a reason to why he sleeps so much… something else than fighting exhausted him I suppose? While it is none of my concerns, I am curious… perhaps his ability to detect people ahead is exhausting?

Once we arrived at Scribel City, we went to the Merchant Guild and confirmed that we indeed delivered the merchandises.

“Ah yeah, Paul, take this.”
I handed over ten gold to him. He seemed to be surprised at first and planned to give me back five gold-- but I decided to leave towards the Adventurer Guild before he does so.

"I guess... that's not half-bad."
(Wordcount: 3.2K words / In case people want to read something short rather than some thousands of words.)

OOC: Well, that's better than last time~
But still having troubles with the 1st person.

Last edited:

Euphoria723

Rank E Promotion Exam [Evaluated]

Sponsor
Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives
  • Survive for two weeks without any weapon except a knife.
  • Travel through Gem's Ravine and climb Bighorn Mountain.
  • Retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Bird Nest.
  • Return to Scribel City with the egg intact.
Description
So you think you're strong enough to be Rank E? Pfft~ Don't get too cocky just because you've beaten up a few goblins with a fancy sword!

If you want to be Rank E, prove to me that you can survive in the wilderness without your precious weapons. I'll be confiscating those for safekeeping~ You can have a knife instead. Much of the world is wilderness and filled with monsters, so you won't survive for long if you can't handle a simple camping trip~! Of course, there will be monsters as you make your journey through Gem's Ravine. How will you handle them?
At the end of the canyon, please climb Bighorn Mountain. A colony of Giant Kukuu Birds make their nests close to the peak. Kukuu Birds are known to kidnap eggs from other species and raise them as their own, so you'll find all sorts of random creatures wandering the mountain. Please retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Nest and escape with it. You better keep it intact, or else you fail!

Feeling confident yet? If you're not ready, come back and talk to me another day!
Reward
EXP:
Money:
30 G
Items:
Rank E Certificate
Random Egg (it might hatch!)

It's been a few days since the slime raid and Vesper has been idling him and recovering the stamina. When he's ready for the Rank E Quest, Vesper head on over to the Guild Building. He receive the quest and travel to Gem's Ravine and arrived in a few hours. Vesper had gotten a knife from the guild's weaponry and purchased a large piece of linen from the city's tailor, and some rope and study strings. Thus, he began his first week.
On the first day, Vesper search the surrounding woods for fallen branches and large sticks. He had decided to settle on a field of green that's generally flat and in an opening, a dozen trees nearby. He picked up sticks and fallen branches whenever he spotted one and brought them batch by batch back to his campsite.

Vesper break off the small branches on the all branches until it look like a staff. He tied several together so it look like 2 trapezoid on the ground, standing apart. Then he attach them together with 2 more cleaned off branches, finally throwing the large linen cloth on top of the mixture of branches. It now look like a tent that's large enough for Vesper to sleep in.

For the fireplace, he collect some rocks and stones and build it a few meters from his tent. He took the broken off sticks and throw in the fireplace. Vesper next search the riverside for flints and found a pile. He took 2 and brought them together to create fire for the fireplace. Nighttime has fallen and Vesper took a corn from the 2 basket of produce in his spatial ring and roast it over the blazing fire. He eat his dinner and went to sleep 20 minutes later.

The next morning, Vesper woke up after sleeping late and cleaned his teeth from peppermint from his storage ring. He had a very simple breakfast of bean congee which he got from his food ring and went to work. He spend the noon breaking up and sharpening the flints by chipping off the edges, then took several study, long sticks and tied them together with the flint stones. Vesper also pluck off a several of his own loose, light blue feathers and finally turn them all into batches of make shift arrows.

He ate lotus seeds and taro for lunch and spend entire afternoon making a make shift bow. By early in the night, he proud surveyed his finished set of bow and arrow. Vesper had barbecued corn for dinner and went to sleep.

Vesper spend the next two days hunting wild game and roasting them into jerky. On the 5th day, he packed up his things and put everything into his storage rings. As he travel, Vesper encounter quite a few big and small monsters. He struggled with a bird type monster known as Hagsfiend with blueish black feathers. He conveniently change into his bird form which is little larger than the hagsfiend and both birds clawed at each other. Vesper won ultimately and continued his way. He encounter a monster vine which tries the strangle him. Vesper fought with it with his knife and escaped. It's early evening and he's feeling tired from all that fight so he found a place to settle down for the night.

For the next two days, Vesper traveled through the ravine while fighting monster. Though he have quite the good stamina, it still left him tired by nightfall. And because of that, he's also quite hungry each time and finished an entire basket of produce and two bags of lotus seeds.

On the first day of the 2nd week, Vesper finally arrived at the foot of Bighorn Mountain. In the morning he got up and eat a breakfast of rice buns and bean congee. Vesper scan the mountain from his position and made up a plan in his mind.

When he's ready, Vesper start to make his went up the mountain. He climb up the mountain slope in a steady pace, afraid to get tire and run out of breath. Near early evening, Vesper found a found a less steep area close to a flat terrain and settled down for the night. For the next 2 days, he climb the mountain none stop and finally arrived at the top in the evening.

Vesper woke up with the dawn on the forth day and went to survey the Giant Kukuu Bird colony at the peak. He took his bow and arrow and aimed a few at the birds, alarming them. Several of them got up and flew in his direction. As they close in, Vesper quickly aimed a few more at the group. It hit a few of them as the kukuu birds that got hit fall to the ground. This angered the others and Vesper changed into bird form. He proudly flap his light blue wings and fought with the group.

Vesper fought halfheartedly and escape from the still fighting group which didn't notice. He close in on the nests and the kukuu birds that remained to guard the nest quickly notice him. Several flew towards him and Vesper dodged them nimbly and dove for an egg with a shell resembling the staryy night sky and snatched it with his claw. The group that was fighting him finally notice what's wrong and proceed to chase him. Thus, as he flew down the mountain at top speed, Vesper had a group of kukuu birds chasing him.

They lost him eventually and give up and since Vesper is traveling in bird form and going down the mountain, it took 2 days to reach the bottom of Bighorn Mountain. With the Starry egg still in his talons, Vesper traveled back to Scribel City by air in luan form.

Ice Mage Vesper - Level 4
GenderMaleRaceLuanLevel4 [2260/1,200]
Age19ClassIce ElementalistMoney737.50 Gold
Appearance

wi00jvja.4xx (1).jpg
Personality
Vesper is positive and proud youth like most of his kins. He's also rather two faced, showing a positive and amicable image to people who he just met or hardly knows and shows his friends and family a rather annoyingly arrogant person. He's adaptive and can read situations and knows when to retreat, a useful survival skill.
Backstory
Vesper, a name that means the Evening Star, is born of the Luan Race. A bird race with similarities to the phoenix and born with the innate ability to control ice.

He grew up loving music which he occasionally use to control beasts and puppets with his white jade flute. A form of puppeting from his homeland. As a member of his race, Vesper is exceptional with the ice element.

Vesper has a love for music so he can play a variety of traditional Chinese instruments. He raise a large lotus pond and rows of begonia tree and peach blossoms.
Skills/Inventory

InventoryDescriptionSkillDescription
Spatial RingA ring with a miniature space use for storageIce ManipulationThe ability to control and manipulate ice to his very imagination
Qi MingQi Ming is the Chinese word for Vesper. It's a long sword with a passive sword spirit inside which hangs a jade tassel.Music PuppetingUsing musical instruments channeled with mana to control beasts and puppets
Frost BowCreated using ice and his own True Blood Essence which contained the purest of ice energyArchery ProficiencyExceptional ability with the bow and arrow
White Jade FluteA long horizontal flute made of white jade which hang a jade tasselDivine SenseAn all purpose soul like part of all human, just some knows it's existence some don't. It can be a spatial storage, the size depend on your mental powers. It can also be used for out of body travels, communicate search your surroundings, and if you have the ability, invade other's minds. (Action not recommended as it can result in fatal injuries if your divine sense is attacked in the progress)
Flying SwordMainly used as an aerial transportation tool, it can be also used to attack enemies in form of flying swords. Attack moves are controlled by user's soul, divine sense, spiritual energy or mana power.
Spatial Ring Items and Quest Rewards
10 Bags of Lotus SeedsWhite round bean like seeds the size of a small round pill from Lotus Pods
Exotic Fruits and VegetablesPurple Yam, Taro, Persimmon, Durian, Lychee, Rambutan, and Dragon Fruits
5 Sugar CaneBamboo like plant that can be chews after slicing off the outer skin, it taste sweet
2 Bags of Cane SugarOrganic Sugar made from cane, without the cancer causing environmentally damaging pesticides
5 RationsFood for emergencies including salted fish, bean congee, and rice buns
Basket of Fresh ProduceCorns, Apples, Bananas, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Etc.

Last edited:

Euphoria723

This quest is not evaluated!
> > >
Driving the Wagon [SC0310]
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road.
Rewards:
    • Merchant Guild License
> > >
“So, on the behalf of the Merchant Guild, we will go to Asteria Village to deliver products to its inhabitants?”
As far as my knowledge permits me, there is something odd. I mean. What I heard made me conclude that Asteria was a simple and ordinary village. Likely… the only goods they might import would be food coming from the farms? Unless the farms made a deal with the Merchant Guild?

Nonetheless, it remains odd. Unless I check the goods… which would be a breach in the contract and a clear transgression towards unspoken rules… I cannot know for sure. So far, I can make out some hypothesis.
Either the goods are farm products and thus, for some reasons, they have a deal with the Merchant Guild who serves as an intermediary. Perhaps, is it to control the price so they follow the fluctuations of the currency? Or to regulate the prices. It is plausible enough. It is even highly likely if--

--the wagon is indeed transporting alimentation.

Then, what if it’s not food? Mmmmm. Something peculiar about Asteria? It could be related to the village’s traditions or festival… or the parish church? Or… am I being too paranoid? If I just take it this way-- it may not be related to the village, but simply a rich individual. It could be anything.

“Yes, we’re going there… I am likely overthinking it. But, I feel like there is something odd.”

It could simply be me seeking justifications. After all-- I heard the word Asteria from who? The inmate in Scribel Prison. Thus, I need… a rational motive to find something peculiar about Asteria.
Unfortunately, there are too many factors that can dismiss all of my thoughts.

“How troublesome… they advised hiring guards but…”
Let’s admit it. The reward is 30G. Likely, they count the guard costs in it. First, let’s think about food! A common meal in the Tavern costs 5G, the round trip lasts… 2 or 3 days? Then, the cost of hiring the guard itself…
Admittingly, the prices of the tavern are likely too high. If you got the tools and ingredients, you can likely cook the same meal but at a lower price. Nonetheless, I do not have these tools.

Anyway! It’s better to try without guards once, then, we will see how it goes. In the worst case--

“Eh! That’s fine! Paul, you will protect me and the goods, right?”

His eyes sized me with a hint of reluctance. I suppose I have to drop a hint. Or… money. It’s still cheaper than hiring guards!

“You are going to follow me and not let me die anyway. May as well protect the wagon at the same time, don’t you think? Ah, and I can offer 5G for that. And… something you may find interesting”
Another issue with hiring guards… I need to know where I can find skilled and trustworthy guards, don’t I? I don’t. I admit I could ask the Merchant Guild. Nonetheless, they may find me guards that are similar to speculated products. Wasteful for the customers.

“Haaa… you just want to take advantage of me, don’t you? Then, go on!”
Bah! Of course!

In any case, I remember that he always seemed to detect creatures dozens of meters away even when he could not see them. So, getting ambushed seemed unlikely… on top of that, bandits can just be scared off. Burn one of them to death while he is screaming, the rest flee-- usually, they are just normal people who turn vicious because of poverty.

Silently, we began travelling towards Asteria. Honestly, the beginning will likely be peaceful due to the presence of farms. After a day, we should have done around three-quarters of the trip.

“Paul, you can sleep. We should be safe for around… six hours. Only the two last hours before we get to set up a camp for the night may be troublesome.”
This friend of mine simply nodded and lied down in the wagon, just beside the goods. Good thing he understood. In the meantime… I have to think about camping.

Four hours later, nothing happened. I stopped the carriage to feed the horses and let them rest for a bit… I may be pushing it a bit too much. I should take a break every two hours, don’t I?

Six hours later… Huh. So they will attack at night? Should I wake up… no. Not yet. Although, I am surprised. He slept six hours straight! Anyway, I ate a jerky and fed the horses once again. Eight hours later. We stopped and I woke up this sleeping beauty.

“Paul. Wake up, it has been eight hours…”
Excluding the breaks. It has been eight hours… to be able to sleep eight hours in the wagon, I wonder how exhausted was he? Or was he awake but did not want to speak?

“Give me… five minutes. Can you prepare… a campfire? Unless you’re not capable of doing such a thing…”

I let out a sigh. How difficult could that be? Picking up wood and burning it… oh well. It was easily done after a little dozen of minutes. Surprisingly, I did not meet anyone. Were they waiting for me to turn my back?

“Oi, ye bastard! Come back here!”
Ha? That’s… unlike Paul. Yet it is his voice? At least, I do not think I ever heard him insult him blatantly. Thus, he probably did it on purpose… does it mean that something happened? No. He noticed something. Ah. The bandits, he likely felt them arriving!
I came back with the wood I picked up and began setting the campfire while I waited for him to whisper what was the current situation.

‘Five people. On the other side of the road, likely, they will try to enter into the wagon, take what they need and leave.’
Alright. If we ambush them, it is likely to turn out in our advantage. They are not bandit… let’s just threaten them. If they were real bandits, there would be no question, nor mercy…

--While I think that. I do not think we would be able to win against bandits when only two of us are guarding our wagon. However… if I maintain my composure, take one of them and burn him to death while holding him. That may ward them off…

If that does happen!

“I will try something. Just to scare them off.”
That’s simple. I was going to throw a fireball I would prepare for one or two minutes, and shout--

“Who is there?! Show yourselves or you will burn!”
My aim is purposely off, towards the sky… I don’t want anything I cannot see to burn because of my carelessness. Thanks to his--

“They are fleeing, hurriedly.”
You did not have to say that. I can even hear them running, one of them even fall on his way. The advantage of this act is that-- they will not resent me, because they did not see me. If we did ambush them, they would remember how I look like… while in this situation, half-hidden behind a wagon, nearby a barely lit campfire at night. They will overthink and think that they were careless!

“Phew. It worked. Although… how did you… determine that they were not gonna attack us?”
I have a few guesses but I was able to make them only after they fled, thus discovering that they were not accustomed to such situations.

“They were not on the right side of the road… on the road, they would have less means to stay discreet.”
...Simplistic but believable. If we met bandits, they would kill us. I mean, between silently robbing and, perhaps, being ambushed when we would discover their acts-- and just straight out eliminate the unknown menace. The latter was much more practical.
Although… in all honesty, that is not something you should determine by only this. For example, what if they had weapons and armours? Yet still came from the other side of the path.

“You fool. But… your ability’s just too useful.”
That is the only thing I could mutter. Even if his thought-processing was not impressive. The way he can pinpoint creatures even if he cannot see them is terrifying yet--
--he could not see it. That shape he wishes so much to know about.

Could I assume that this is a hallucination? Right, he did mention that only I could see him because of our blood ties. Nonetheless… it does not make any sense. Unless if he were to speak about it by using the concept of a ‘guardian angel’. Then, perhaps, with the already-made theories, we could make some sense of it…
However, it seemed to be unrelated to it. It seemed much more… primitive. As for why? He asked about ancient or tribal magic. The keyword to my ears appeared to be ‘tribal’. Usually, this kind of spells… does not accord well with the current concepts and so-called rules of magic. As if they functioned on a completely different plane.

--or people, in my previous world, wished to conceal how it functioned. Which may make sense. I would need to investigate it but before that… I need to go back to my world to investigate it, ha. So, I shall never know. Like so, so, so many things.

Right, I should get a notebook to organise my thoughts and… not forget them as well.

“Take a jerky from my backpack if you want to eat something… I will sleep.”
At least, try to.

Once it was morning, a delicious scent invaded my nose, my eyes immediately darted toward the fire camp and saw that… the meat was being roasted. Paul… I hate to think about it, but everything about him except his looks and personality is attractive. Hunting? Yes. Detecting enemies ahead? Yes. Fighting abilities-- actually, I don’t know?

“How lovely, I can eat meat right when I wake up.”
Admittedly, he could refuse and not let me eat anything. More seriously, can he eat everything? Probably not. Thus, I shall help him…
“Don’t touch, it’s mine.”

Too late. He seemed to be slightly annoyed but I didn’t mind and simply indulged myself into eating this delicious breakfast. I suppose I will need to find a way to calm him later on… these things happen I suppose? In any case, we never have any interesting topic to speak about.

Near evening but not quite, we arrived at Asteria, for some reasons, guards were waiting for us. I proved my identity and then gave them the packages to the guards..? Wait, it must be noted on the crates… I checked quickly and noticed that the receiver were the guards of Asteria…

“I have a question, what was exactly in the package?”
One of the guards frowned in surprise, likely because I transported packages without knowing what these were. However, he quickly regained his composure and replied to my question without flinching.

“Food and weapons… some bandits somehow succeeded at robbing both of these resources.”
I see… isn’t that worrisome that bandits could attack Asteria-- wait, robbing? Ah. They did not fight. Otherwise, the guard would not be so relaxed. If someone died, there would be a hint of emotion in his voice, yet there is none. Mmmm. So rather than bandits… they are thieves? How did they get it without getting noticed… no.
To make a wagon come-- how could they rob so much yet not be caught? That is… interesting. If possible, I would like to know more about that… But eh. That sounds more trouble than it is worth.

Before leaving, we got the guard’s captain to sign the receipt given by the Merchant Guild.

“Alright, see you for another time.”
Of course, I want that Merchant Guild’s license. Thus, I will come back in Asteria at least twice… then, I can begin an investigation. Work first, personal reasons later. I need all of my preparation to be properly set up. First… a stable income! Research later!

For now, let’s just hurry and get that licence. No time to rest. And thus, with that thought in mind, we immediately left after delivering the packages to the guards of Asteria. Once again, hours later, evening came and we were going to set up a camp when…

“...Bandits? True ones it seems. Six of them. That’s… gonna be difficult.”
That is… troublesome. Although, also a good thing since it will permit me to see Paul’s fighting performance. Alas, it seems like he cannot handle this alone!

“We have thirty seconds left.”
Unsure about whether I should participate or not. I wished to observe his skills. Nonetheless, I suppose this is an opportunity I cannot take… let’s just prepare for the fight. Likely, the only thing I could do was to prepare a spell. Fire can easily cause irreparable collateral damage, lighting would be great but I cannot use it. Mmmm. I suppose I can try to use the wind. In any case, Paul had already drawn his sword and seemed ready to fight.

“Bah! They already know we are here! Let’s just go!”
The six bandits immediately appeared on the other side of the campfire we were going to set up. First, I need to disrupt their formation. I could try to trip them so we can kill them… Alright, just earth suddenly sprouting out of the soil should be enough! With their footing disturbed, they should be easier to deal with.
‘I am gonna make the fall. Finish them.’

I whispered to Paul before casting a spell, the six of them were coming, four on the side, two on the other. A few seconds later, one fell, I was in a hurry and failed. I planned to make the first one fall, but instead, it was the second… who pushed the first one while falling. Leaving out an opportunity for Paul to kill him.

“Back down!”
“Alright!”

After one of them was down, Paul ordered to retreat I assume. Likely, to come back later and attack them once again. That was much better than fighting all of them. Seeing that one of them died, they let out a sigh to express their annoyance but, at least, it meant that they will have fewer goods to share--

“It’s empty!”

Now that they had their back turned, we decided to return. I assume that each of us will be able to take down one while they were enraged at trying to rob a wagon that had nothing in it. What I did was simply put my hand at the back of the head of one of them, and froze it… at least, I tried. That would, at the very least, incapacitate him for a while. Meanwhile, Paul killed one of them.

Only three were left. I assumed he would handle two of them while I will take on the third one. Since we still had the element of surprise… It was doable-- I punched my enemy into the throat. All I had to do was to finish him up… once he was down, I tried to snap his neck.? I often heard about that, but never did so… since I heard the bones cracking, it should be fine?

I turned my head and saw that Paul was fighting with one of them, the last. Phew. I can take a break and observe-- at this exact moment, my ‘friend’ received an injury on his shoulder. Immediately after… his opponent died.

“That went unexpectedly well?”
My mouth could not help but let out these words as I looked over the corpses and a thought came into my mind. We could just bury them. That would avoid us thinking about how to deal with these.

“Not quite… my injuries are rather troublesome.”
I looked over another time and noticed that his thigh seemed to have a slight wound while his shoulder was a deep wound. Admittedly, I have seen worse, and people still fought with these injuries… however, it seems, Paul is no warrior. He is likely a scout, a hunter or anything similar.

“Alright, sleep, I will clean up everything.”
The ‘scout’ immediately laid down and fell asleep. While I did find that it was strange for him to fall asleep so easily. It is easy to feel jealous of such an ability. If I could fall asleep every time I want to, life would become easier.

In any case, using magic, I dug a common grave for the six bandits and threw their bodies inside. I could have taken their weapons… but it’s possible to be asked their origin. Saying that it comes from bandits is a typical excuse.

Once I was done with that grave, I lied down on the ground next to the campfire and stargazed I suppose. It did not cross my mind that we could be assaulted a second time and tried to fall asleep. Unsuccessfully. For next time, I need to find a way to hire bodyguards without it exceeding fifteen gold… no. What is the true reward of this quest? The gold does not matter, only the Merchant Guild’s License is significant enough.

Right, next time-- each time, I will use, at most, thirty gold! Fortunately, we were lucky this time. Six bandits? It’s relatively a small number… Or actually, I suppose it depends on the region you’re living in. At least, six bandits seem like a low number to me. On top of that, while they were willing to kill, they did not seem experienced.
As I was in the middle of thinking, my ears caught on something, the whisperings of a certain shadow. Unintelligible words I could not understand… a sort of lost dialect I suppose? My eyes drifted towards its direction and saw it.

“Do you mind saying something I can understand?”
It stopped speaking. However, this time… I heard something, a word I could understand. No. I cannot understand it, but I already heard it-- with a slightly different pronunciation. However, the essence remains the same.

‘Ed--ax.’

Its voice was chilling as if it came straight from hell. It is like a mercenary trying to speak while he was choking on his own blood. Whether that voice was terrifying or not, it meant that this word was related to that creature thus…
“Are you Edax?”

No replies. It simply raised its hand and pointed at me before disappearing like fumes spiralling above a cauldron. A conclusion to this exchange would be either-- I am Edax, or… I am an Edax. I wish I could find some books… Aaah.

In any case, after this sleepless night, we rode the wagon back to Scribel City. When we arrived it was night. And Paul just woke up, there must be a reason to why he sleeps so much… something else than fighting exhausted him I suppose? While it is none of my concerns, I am curious… perhaps his ability to detect people ahead is exhausting?

Once we arrived at Scribel City, we went to the Merchant Guild and confirmed that we indeed delivered the merchandises.

“Ah yeah, Paul, take this.”
I handed over ten gold to him. He seemed to be surprised at first and planned to give me back five gold-- but I decided to leave towards the Adventurer Guild before he does so.

"I guess... that's not half-bad."
(Wordcount: 3.2K words / In case people want to read something short rather than some thousands of words.)

OOC: Well, that's better than last time~
But still having troubles with the 1st person.
[Evaluated]
"Good work, that was a rough journey."
Rewards:
    • Merchant Guild License

Himekawa

“Good Afternoon, gentlemen. My name is Captain Kingsley. I want to remind you that you guys are passing through our water.”

“Oh? And what do you want, sir?”

“Give us a bit of your money and we will let you pass.”

“Pirate scums. Guards! Kill them!”

“Leave the merchant alive. Other can die or live up to you.”

*sighs* ‘Troublousome’ Sil thought.

“Please. Please! I will pay. Please forgive me.”

Sil looked around for their crews then Kingsley stepped up. “Take everything. He doesn’t need a second offer.” He grabbed the merchant’s back collar and tossed him out of the ship.

“Noooo!” *splash*

“Anything good down there?” Kingsley asked

“Not much gold. Mostly weapons and food.” Sil replied

“How about getting a new sword? You won’t last long with those knives.”

The crews walked down to the bottom floor. Inside the storeroom, there was a barrels filled with either weapons or rations. These look like imported items from various places.

“You guys don’t use long sword right?”

“Aye, we need an empty hand to grab things. No two-handed sword. Those are for filthy rich knights. A bastard sword or boarding pike might do the job”

“I’ll take the former and a few extra.”

“Suit yourself.”
  • 7x Pistol ammo
Watery was feeling tired since her captain hadn't yet fetched her from this island. writing the symbol in a paper, she burned that small symbol in the corner using sun and lens made of water, and looked at the report status of others. To think that there was something like this report magic...

She shook her head from that thought. For now, she had to listen to the rumor mill at this city's bars, to verify that quest. With that, she went to one of them.

---

'"Bartender, 1 glass of water, please."

He looked at her funny. He didn't comment on it though. With one gulp, she drank it all.

"So, I've heard that there was another merchant ship that was being robbed?"

"Yeah... I pity them. The merchant had all his stuff being looted by pirates. Pretty nasty affair, that captain Kingsley. That merchant is ruined, I tell you. He even made a bounty on that captain, though I don't know how that merchant will pay if someone took it."

"Hmmm.... new group of pirates?"

He shrugged. "Well... it was the first time I've heard of them."

"It seems that I have to take more precaution for traveling... thank you for the info, mister."

With that being verified, she wrote the rumor she had heard into a report, and wait for the guild spies to confirm it.

---

Three hours later, she drew the symbol again. It seemed that the quest was evaluated. With it, she rolled up her parchment once again and continue on her journey.

OOC: please mark it as Evaluated. Reward: 260 EXP/50G + booties.