Himekawa

evaluated

> > >

First Mate [SR0901]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 9
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Hanging from the Gallows and >5 Pirate Quests
  • Tell the captain what you think it means to be a pirate.
  • Have a practice duel with the captain.
  • Listen to the captain’s criticisms of your weaknesses.
Come, have a drink with me. Let’s have a chat.
What qualities do you think make a good pirate?
What is your creed? What do you stand for?
Why do you seek this way of life?
Rewards:
  • Money: N/A
  • Other: Promotion to First Mate
> > >

"Come, have a drink with me. Let’s have a chat." Captain Toga said. After ignoring her for so long, six days to be exact, he finally deigned to meet her once again.

They were in a bar in a port city. At the moment, the captain was still not letting her to go to the ship. Did her little comment of sinking the ship previously unnerve the captain so much? She didn't think much about it, but if the captain was offended, she was sorry.

The captain led her to the rooftop, a place where the bar patron could enjoy the open air of the port city. At that place, he pulled a chair and let her sit there. If this was a romance novel she had read before, this would be the moment that they spend the night, chatting about stuff as they eat with candlelight dinner. And, at the last moment, sometimes the protagonist would confess to the heroine.

She guessed that he was quite handsome by the human standard. Not that she was human of course, and not that she understood romance beyond what the library wrote. Though, when placing herself in the heroine shoes, his dashing roguish look really didn't appeal to her. She would have to question the heroine if that person choose someone with a personality like him. Nevertheless, she stopped her musing about the man.

He poured the wine into the glass, and gave one to her. He lifted his glass and said, "Cheers.", which she mimicked. Taking a sip, he then looked at the right, where the port city could be seen in its nightly glory. She looked at him, his gaze distant, looking beyond the city and to the ocean. After a few moment, he closed his eyes for a moment, turning his head to face her and opened his eyes.

She could feel his gaze at her, as he made eye contact. The focus in it unwavering, the brilliant light of sunset directly shone on his face. His eyes reflected the sun. He then began to speak, "What qualities do you think make a good pirate?"

She looked at the memory of her days. Her moments, when she looked at the five pirates she had interacted. She looked at the moment when the captain asked for her to save the captain's member.

"Bond." She answered. The bond between each pirates, each shared the same fate as the others. How the captain cared for his or her subordinates, how they get angered when their subordinates was threatened, even ignoring what the consequences would be when they let loose that anger, she thought that it was bond that made them do so. "A captain is not only responsible for himself, but also for his subordinates. Meanwhile, the subordinates will make the captain's vision come true. The bond between each member of the ship, as they can only rely on each other when they fall short."

"Even though a pirate will easily lie, cheat and kill?" He questioned.

"Can a captain do that? lie, cheat and kill his subordinates? To the outside world, maybe. But to the people under them?"

"..." He was silent for a moment, breaking his eye contact with her as he looked to the ocean once again. "Is it? Is bond what do you think is important?"

She nodded.

"Say, what is your creed? What do you stand for?"

Creed... a shared belief? She had none of it. She would protect them if asked. But she wouldn't go out of her way to do it herself. The only one that mattered in the group was her own. Even after she spoke of the bond, she couldn't feel any bond forming. They had not shared their hardship since she was alone most of the time. With that affirmed in her mind, she could confidently say,

"I stand for myself. I have my selfishness. You have yours."

"Selfishness? after your talk about bonds?" His expression looked like he had found this amusing.

She looked at him. "Have you truly accepted me being one of you? If I make an analogy from the birds, you are the one flock of migratory bird, flying around the world together. Yet, for me, I fly alone most of the time because you didn't let me join the flock. You lead the way, but I had to follow with my own strength, alone. For what reason you do this, I don't know. Between us, we did not have that bond."

"Alright, I concede that point. Then, why do you seek this way of life?"

"For revenge."

---

"Show me your true form, o undine." He said as he drew his axe from his sheath. Undine, did he mean her?

"I don't know what you are talking about." She replied.

"Even though you showed him that form when you saved him?" He raised his eyebrow.

That. She realized what he meant. "Am I offending you if I want to stay in this form?"

"You don't trust me? Or do you think that I am too weak to fight against that?"

"..."

"Very well... if you won't answer, I'll force you to fight me seriously!"

With that he charged.

The axe was predictable in its nature. What the man brought into a battle was not finesse, but brute force. Her ice body would break in one hit, had she let him touch her with that axe.

She leaped back, transforming her left hand into a barrel and ice bullet. She aimed at the man and let her first shot fly.

She grazed him, but this just made him grin wider. He leaped forward.

She rolled to sideways to the left, as he arrived in her previous position, she was not yet finished repositioning herself. His axe hit the ground, and it shattered slightly. He lifted his axe, as she was able to face him with barrel aimed at him. Forming another bullet, she released it.

He blocked his vitals with his axe. But, her aim was at his thigh. She had to reduce his mobility for her to gain distance. As it pierced into his left thigh, she had him in check.

"Do you want to continue?" She said. If needed, she could just boost herself to leap high or hover in the air.

"Enough."

---

"Why do you have to retreat so much? Much of the combat between pirates was on boarding action. You need to get close to ensure your kill." He said.

"Even with the bullet?"

"It's rare. Some of the wealthier pirate or merchant can certainly afford them. But I don't think bullet and gun will replace swords anytime soon. The reload time of what you can find here was that poor, that everyone who had them only regard them as sidearm."

She nodded at the criticism. She knew that her close combat skill was really poor. It couldn't be helped that her ice weaponry was that fragile. If she could find purchase in the opponent's body, she could initiate a phase change from ice to vapor, and let the heat damage them a second time. But, so far a parrying attack could mean that her weapon would be broken and had to be reformed.

Either that she need to start carrying a better weapon, or she had to increase her accuracy in any kind of terrain. Therefore, she made a note for herself to train again.

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

Unevaluated

> > >

First Mate [SR0901]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Hanging from the Gallows and >5 Pirate Quests
  • Tell the captain what you think it means to be a pirate.
  • Have a practice duel with the captain.
  • Listen to the captain’s criticisms of your weaknesses.
Come, have a drink with me. Let’s have a chat.
What qualities do you think make a good pirate?
What is your creed? What do you stand for?
Why do you seek this way of life?
Rewards:
  • Money: N/A
  • Other: Promotion to First Mate
> > >

"Come, have a drink with me. Let’s have a chat." Captain Toga said. After ignoring her for so long, six days to be exact, he finally deigned to meet her once again.

They were in a bar in a port city. At the moment, the captain was still not letting her to go to the ship. Did her little comment of sinking the ship previously unnerve the captain so much? She didn't think much about it, but if the captain was offended, she was sorry.

The captain led her to the rooftop, a place where the bar patron could enjoy the open air of the port city. At that place, he pulled a chair and let her sit there. If this was a romance novel she had read before, this would be the moment that they spend the night, chatting about stuff as they eat with candlelight dinner. And, at the last moment, sometimes the protagonist would confess to the heroine.

She guessed that he was quite handsome by the human standard. Not that she was human of course, and not that she understood romance beyond what the library wrote. Though, when placing herself in the heroine shoes, his dashing roguish look really didn't appeal to her. She would have to question the heroine if that person choose someone with a personality like him. Nevertheless, she stopped her musing about the man.

He poured the wine into the glass, and gave one to her. He lifted his glass and said, "Cheers.", which she mimicked. Taking a sip, he then looked at the right, where the port city could be seen in its nightly glory. She looked at him, his gaze distant, looking beyond the city and to the ocean. After a few moment, he closed his eyes for a moment, turning his head to face her and opened his eyes.

She could feel his gaze at her, as he made eye contact. The focus in it unwavering, the brilliant light of sunset directly shone on his face. His eyes reflected the sun. He then began to speak, "What qualities do you think make a good pirate?"

She looked at the memory of her days. Her moments, when she looked at the five pirates she had interacted. She looked at the moment when the captain asked for her to save the captain's member.

"Bond." She answered. The bond between each pirates, each shared the same fate as the others. How the captain cared for his or her subordinates, how they get angered when their subordinates was threatened, even ignoring what the consequences would be when they let loose that anger, she thought that it was bond that made them do so. "A captain is not only responsible for himself, but also for his subordinates. Meanwhile, the subordinates will make the captain's vision come true. The bond between each member of the ship, as they can only rely on each other when they fall short."

"Even though a pirate will easily lie, cheat and kill?" He questioned.

"Can a captain do that? lie, cheat and kill his subordinates? To the outside world, maybe. But to the people under them?"

"..." He was silent for a moment, breaking his eye contact with her as he looked to the ocean once again. "Is it? Is bond what do you think is important?"

She nodded.

"Say, what is your creed? What do you stand for?"

Creed... a shared belief? She had none of it. She would protect them if asked. But she wouldn't go out of her way to do it herself. The only one that mattered in the group was her own. Even after she spoke of the bond, she couldn't feel any bond forming. They had not shared their hardship since she was alone most of the time. With that affirmed in her mind, she could confidently say,

"I stand for myself. I have my selfishness. You have yours."

"Selfishness? after your talk about bonds?" His expression looked like he had found this amusing.

She looked at him. "Have you truly accepted me being one of you? If I make an analogy from the birds, you are the one flock of migratory bird, flying around the world together. Yet, for me, I fly alone most of the time because you didn't let me join the flock. You lead the way, but I had to follow with my own strength, alone. For what reason you do this, I don't know. Between us, we did not have that bond."

"Alright, I concede that point. Then, why do you seek this way of life?"

"For revenge."

---

"Show me your true form, o undine." He said as he drew his axe from his sheath. Undine, did he mean her?

"I don't know what you are talking about." She replied.

"Even though you showed him that form when you saved him?" He raised his eyebrow.

That. She realized what he meant. "Am I offending you if I want to stay in this form?"

"You don't trust me? Or do you think that I am too weak to fight against that?"

"..."

"Very well... if you won't answer, I'll force you to fight me seriously!"

With that he charged.

The axe was predictable in its nature. What the man brought into a battle was not finesse, but brute force. Her ice body would break in one hit, had she let him touch her with that axe.

She leaped back, transforming her left hand into a barrel and ice bullet. She aimed at the man and let her first shot fly.

She grazed him, but this just made him grin wider. He leaped forward.

She rolled to sideways to the left, as he arrived in her previous position, she was not yet finished repositioning herself. His axe hit the ground, and it shattered slightly. He lifted his axe, as she was able to face him with barrel aimed at him. Forming another bullet, she released it.

He blocked his vitals with his axe. But, her aim was at his thigh. She had to reduce his mobility for her to gain distance. As it pierced into his left thigh, she had him in check.

"Do you want to continue?" She said. If needed, she could just boost herself to leap high or hover in the air.

"Enough."

---

"Why do you have to retreat so much? Much of the combat between pirates was on boarding action. You need to get close to ensure your kill." He said.

"Even with the bullet?"

"It's rare. Some of the wealthier pirate or merchant can certainly afford them. But I don't think bullet and gun will replace swords anytime soon. The reload time of what you can find here was that poor, that everyone who had them only regard them as sidearm."

She nodded at the criticism. She knew that her close combat skill was really poor. It couldn't be helped that her ice weaponry was that fragile. If she could find purchase in the opponent's body, she could initiate a phase change from ice to vapor, and let the heat damage them a second time. But, so far a parrying attack could mean that her weapon would be broken and had to be reformed.

Either that she need to start carrying a better weapon, or she had to increase her accuracy in any kind of terrain. Therefore, she made a note for herself to train again.
Sil reads over the report and stamps it before burning the paper to send the report to guild in Scribel for filing.

Rewards
EXP
: 280
Other: Promotion to First Mate

Himekawa

evaluated

> > >

A King’s Hand [SR0904]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Freedom Fighters or First Mate
  • Find out who is stalking you.
  • Investigate the mysterious spy.
  • What do they want?
A knife in your door. The window to your room shattered.
Someone is following you. Someone is trying to tell you something.
What is it? There is a black rose on your doorstep.
Could it be…? A spy sent by a Pirate King?
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
  • Other: An Invitation Letter
> > >

She was not one to need to sleep for her physical body. The captain had booked a tavern room for her to rest that night, while the captain said that he and his crew would enjoy the night life the port city had to offer. At first, she wanted to join them. But the captain said whether she batted for the other team or not.

Did the captain know about her affiliation to adventurer guild? That was certainly worrying development for her. Knowing that, she halted her step. She had to reassess her current information.

"No. I'm not. Take care, captain."

---

What did they knew about her? Their interaction with her was so small. Outside of when she applied with them, when she asked the captain to hand their supplies, the time she rescued the captain's teammate, and the fight that afternoon, she had no interaction with them. Was her cover blown? How should she proceed from this?

She pondered this until it was late. She wondered if the captain would go back to their room that night. as she waited for him to come back, she heard the window being shattered. Turning her head to that direction, she saw someone fled the scene.

This... what did this mean? was it an assassin? Who was the target? Was it the captain? Or was it herself? She proceeded to get up and go through the door. As she opened the door, she found herself being stabbed by a boy.

"I... I didn't... I didn't mean to do this..." was he shocked after stabbing her? Why? First, she had to apprehend the assassin.

She extended her body, turning from ice to water. She began to envelop him and froze a part of her body, immobilizing him.

"Who sent you?" She asked. For added intimidation, she manifested a sharp ice near his pupil. He stood still.

"I... I don't know! I was only asked to stab on your door and deliver this rose in front of it! I swear that is all!"

Rose? She looked at his hand. Her gaze then followed down and saw a black rose. A messenger, not an assassin? Manifesting another hand, she took the rose and bring it up.

There was some kind of paper that was wrapping its branch. She opened it.

'Come to the rooftop. I'll be waiting.'

---

"
What do you want?" She said to the man in front of her.

"You. I just want to deliver this letter to you." The man said. He took out a letter from his pocket and give it to her.

"Come. Don't come. I'm sure you won't regret it if you come, though."

And the man suddenly vanished in front of her. Was it an illusion? But with the letter in her hand...

She returned to her room.

Last edited:

Reciful

APPRAISED

Exorcist Wanted!!
Sponsor: The Scribel City Council Undead Suppression Initiative (SCC:USI)Location: Various Scribel City Outskirts wildernessLevel: 5
Objectives
  • Find a wandering spirit or undead in the wilderness
  • help the spirit into the afterlife
  • (Optional): Resolve / report dangerous anomalies
It is no secret that the world is a dangerous place, often adventurers perish in the wilderness and not even their would bodies remain due to animals and monsters.

However! their lingering spirits remain. Some scare, and trick travellers, others try to possess bodies of others or cast malicious curses, and there are those that become powerful undead and try to kill what ever they can find.

Should you are interested in this opportunity, come your nearest council branch office to apply. There you may choose to borrow a Basic Tome of Spirit suppression magic and rites, it contains some small magics and non-magical solutions to locate as well as soothe the emotions of hostile spirits.

Do return the tome in the state you borrow it in, any damage or mishap to the book will see your reward deducted significantly.

If you encounter a malignant spirit or powerful undead and the tome have no solution for it, please escape, the council is not in the business of adding more wandering spirits into the wilderness.

And It goes without saying, should you have to run away or leave spirits you encounter wandering, your reward will be deduced accordingly
Rewards
Exp: 190Money: 35GOther: N/A

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 8 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest Name: Exorcist Wanted
Quest Report
:
[ Here here! We're almost there!! Right!!? ]

[ Nnn ]

[ Ahahahaha finally I can see the lake! We're almost there right right!! ]

[ Nnn ]

[ Aren't you Excited! I'm very Excited Red Riding Hood Sister! ]

[... Nnn ]

[ Yeey!! ]

Currently deep within the woods of Scrible.

A white girl who looks like Red Riding Hood is walking a long side a cheerful energetic Little girl wearing common plain dress.

The Red hooded girl is Reciful she went to the forest to collect various of Herb's which she recently do for obtaining the ingredients for her potion making hobby.

& While she is collecting, its just so happens that she Encounter this little girl who aimlessly wondering in the forest completely lost.

Reciful immediately notice the truth behind the little girl... & For reason base purely out of her whim she decided to approach the lost little girl & guide her towards her rightful destination.

Under the cover of her Red hood Reciful set her gaze upon the happy little girl walking beside her, who's humming merrily.

When Reciful first Approached this little girl just awhile ago... The little girl have a lifeless eyes of someone who give up hope. & Now those eye became just thing in the past. currently the little girl is very happy which pique upon Reciful's curiosity a tiny bit.

[ Hmm♪ hm♪ hmmm♪ hm♪ hm♪ hmmm♪]

[..... You seems to be in a bright mood aren't you ] Ask by Reciful as she stealthy Manifest dozen of Black Tendrils in her Shadow & impaled some Forest slimes & Goblins who is hiding in ambush behind the trees.

[ Ehehehe... Cuz Enna is happy & excited you know~ ] said by the the oblivious little girl who's name is Enna. As she walks in front of Reciful, ignorant of how Reciful stealthy kills all monster who tried to obstruct their path.

[.... Why?... Did something good happen? ]

[ Cause finally I'll see the lake!! After soooo long finally ]

[ I see... But what so good about the lake? ]

[ Well~ you see~ did you know about the legend about the lake deep in the woods? Red cloaked Sister? ] Ask by Enna as she turn around with a quick spin smiling at Reciful.

[ Nope, dunno ]

[ People said deep in the forest there is a Lake!... & If you Throw flower petals in it & makes a wish! The lady in the lake shall hear your voice & she will make your wish come true!! ] Enna said as enthusiastically.

[...lady in the lake?... Lake...Nnnn sound nostalgic somehow. ] after hearing that legend, Reciful tilted her head in wonder & Remembered that one time she Delivered a package to a lady who walks above the lake water deep in the forest.

[ But you see that's not all the reason why Enna is happy now!! ]

[ Mmm? Is there anything else? ]

Instead of answering Reciful Question, Enna simply give Reciful a meaningful smile & giggles gently. As she grabs Reciful hand and urge her to quickly go to the lake.

Which Reciful heed, letting herself be pulled in hand by Enna guiding the Little girl towards the lake deep in the forest.

***​

[ Were here Enna ]
[...!!!.]

In front of them is a crystal clear lake surrounded by tree's, a paradise slumbering deep in the woods of Scrible.

The Afternoon sun reflects upon the lakes surface making it shine gold. While fairies were chasing some fireflies playing around at the lake shore.

[.... So beautiful ] Enna Muttered absentmindedly

Enna the little girl is lost for words... Finally after all those years she reach the lake she always keep searching for a long time.

[ Thank you.... Thank you Red Riding Hood Sister with this... I.. I finally can rest in Pea--- ]

But Reciful Interrupted Enna before she finished her sentence.

[... No not yet...I have yet to made you makes your wish.... Let go to the lake ]

Reciful said so as a Floating water platform made of Reciful Shadow appeared & Reciful reach out her hand to Enna.

Tears fall down Enna child face as she smile.

[ Nnn! Right lets make a wish!! ] she said as tears continuesly falls down on her eyes.

***​

In the middle of the lake, Enna sprinkled flower petals in the water.

[ You know Red Riding Hood sister, I have been wandering in the forest for 15 yrs ] Enna speaks as she sprinkle the petals. Reciful simply Listened behind her.

[ My Mom is sick & My father went missing... I was still 9 yrs old yet I'm Already working to support my family. ]

[ I'm once selling candles in the plaza of the city, from there I heard the rumors about the legend of the lake whom soldiers talking about those days ]

She said as she continues gaze at the horizon.

[ So I tried going to the forest... Of course I ask Adventurers to take me but Since I'm poor no one listened & no one helped me. Until a group of newbie Adventurers took pity of me & take me to the forest. ]

[...But...on our way we got Ambushed by a group of Goblins. Out of fear The newbie Adventurers run for their lifes leaving me behind as a bait for them to escape..... I...I got Captured by goblins....and... And I got Violated & tortured.... For Many years by them in their dark cave ... I keep praying for salvation but no one came. ]

[ Until a group of holy Soldier from the empire came... I thought finally the gods hear My prayers. But the holy Priest ordered to burn me alive when he saw my stomach bulging as I was carrying a baby goblin in me ]

Then a moment of silence Enna stops speaking for a moment Reciful also did not speak any words.

[... All I wanted is to make a wish... For my mother to get healthy. For my father to come back... For me to be happy with them again..... Thats all... Thats all I want... & Yet... I got abandoned, betrayed, Violated, tortured & burned alive... Why?... Why?? As My soul slowly crumble... I cling to the last thing I knew to keep me from falling to darkness to go the lake which I fail to reach... & I Got lost for many years in the forest endlessly searching. ]

Finally Enna Look Behind towards Reciful with a gentle smile without any hint of sadness, malice, or Regrets.

[.... And then you appeared in front of me, Talk to me, Approached me & reach out your hands for me.... Only you found me.... Thank you.. Red Riding Hood big sister! Thank you! ]

[ That's why Now I'm ready ] Enna said as she stared at Reciful's with determination within in her eye.

Reciful Likewise gaze at the little girl spirit in front of her... She saw nothing but purity in her, She is much innocent, pure & stronger than most humans. Reciful thought she deserves much better.

Reciful nod her head & from her Shadow a Particular book/Tomb for Exorcism which she just borrowed from the other day appeared in her shadow.

Opening the book that Reciful holds & reciting a particular words in a certain page writen inside the book. Its the song of spell for Peaceful passing of Spirits.

And so Reciful sing a lullaby for Enna.

Lacrimosa dies illa♪
Qua resurget ex favilla♪
Judicandus homo reus.♪
Huic ergo parce, Deus,♪
Pie Jesu, Domine!♪

Judicandus homo reus.♪
Dona eis, requiem, amen.♪
Pie Jesu, Domine!♪

After Reciful finished the song. Enna started to glow.

[ Farewell Red Riding hood Big sister & thank you. ] Enna said smiling as her soul became a glitters of light & flew above guided By a gentle light that came down from heaven above.

Reciful watches Enna's spirit scatters in the wind until it reaches heaven. A Gentle breeze sweeps her Red Hood away revealing her face as her white hair sways in the wind.

[.....do your job & please treat her well... you dumb divine's. ]

Reciful said with a gentle tone as she gaze at the afternoon sky. while standing in the middle of the lake.

Summary:
I helped a spirit of a little girl pass on to the after life Peacefully.... I think.

OCC: it became long~ lol & for copy right thingy... that Song name is "Lala's lullaby" from the Anime "D-Gray Man"..... And yes I love those type of Music!:blob_uwu: XD ahahahaha:blob_melt::blobrofl:

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Evaluation
After I arrived at the Spiral Reef, I regroup with Ratel pirate at the dock.

“So. Where is the fifth piece I told you to steal?” Kingsley asked

I don’t have it when I woke up. Probably lying around the beach with all those shipwrecks.

“Alright. Tomorrow we will to that island. Our crews need some rest right now.“

“Hn.” I left the captain cabin and headed to bed.
___

In the morning, Tokai and Ratel pirate’s second-in-command, Yazaak, went out to buy some groceries for the crews. On the way back to the ship, they were talking about the piece that Tokai left on the beach.

“I really worry about the map piece though. Wouldn’t it get soaked?”

“I stored the piece in a sealed container. It is a green bottle with silver labe--.” Sil stopped walking as he spotted something on some street vendor’s mat.

“Silver what? Huh. What’s wrong Tokai?” Yazaak turned his head to find Tokai when he couldn’t see him at his side.

“Silver label like that.” Tokai point at the bottle on the mat.

“Holy shit” Both uttered
___

“Cap! We got the piece!” Yazaak rushed into the room with a map piece in his hand and Tokai followed him.

“Hn. Good job. Now we can set sail to the island… What did you guys just say!?”

“We got the piece. We bought it from some old collector on the street.”

“Argh! You guys are giving me a headache everyday fucking day! Give me that and get you ass out of this room right now!” Tokai and Yazaak vanished from Kingsley’s sight a second later.
What a lucky coincidence to find the bottle at a collector's shop!

Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
  • Other: N/A
Please mark evaluated!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Evaluation
Cooking Rations [Evaluation Needed]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: 5 rations
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use guild kitchens

After he visit to the Smithing Guild, Vesper head to the Adventurer Guild's kitchen. This will be his second time with making cooking rations. He decide to make 40 rations of salted fishes. He skinned and beheaded the fishes from the cooler after waiting for it to thaw a bit. Then Vesper salted them and roast it over the fire until the meat cooked. Finally, he salted it again while adding other spices and instructed the kitchen staffs to let it out to dry for a day.
Good work!

Rewards:
  • Other: 5 rations
    • Permission to use guild kitchens

Remember to mark as evaluated!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Evaluation
Unevaluated > > >

Office Work [SC0104]
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
  • Other: n/a
> > >

"Why are we doing office work, again?" Dharc whispered. He stood on the receptionist desk, being confined to doing the quest evaluation for the day.

'It's not that different compared to fighting outside in terms of reward. I'm planning for us to gather money first for your training.' Eria replied from inside his mind.

"What's so hard about the slime? We just need to pierce its core, right?" Dharc whispered once again.

"Mr. Dharc! Stop talking to yourself and do your job!" The receptionist beside him snapped. It seemed that even whispering was not allowed.

Dharc wanted to act professional, really. But, that day was such a slow day. Only one to two adventurer came to the guild per hour at most. The noon was also empty of quest evaluation. Apparently, that day was considered something like a holiday? Because of that, Dharc felt bored at the moment.

'Ugh... I should buy a mask later...' Dharc thought.

"Miss Ai, surely there is something I can do?" Even though it was almost afternoon, he had almost nothing to do at all.

"Other than moping the floor, cleaning the windows, and fix the roofs?" She said, her tone sarcastic. "No. All of them has been done yesterday, in preparation of holiday today."

"Can I do those?" Even that would be better, honestly. Sitting for so long, staring at the empty hall with only one other woman there and no other guild worker made him felt restless. Meanwhile, the woman was sitting ramrod straight all the while, and her expression was an expression of professionalism all these time. He tried to do the same, occasionally stealing glances on the woman to see if his attitude has been right. But past noon, he was too tired to do so.

"No." He wondered, was this how true receptionist act? Always professional even when they were so free? The woman was doing nothing like him. But other than blinking, she didn't even move. She didn't even stretch her body at all, maintaining that smile and that pose all the time in this empty place.

---

Afternoon came. The total number of adventurer who came to this place during this holiday: seven. The number of adventurer he handled personally, one.

"good work." The woman said.

"good work." He replied. He asked, "Why is this place open during holiday like this?"

"Adventurer like you, mostly. With the festival outside, most adventurers is usually celebrating today with the townsfolk. But, something may happen, like a new otherworlder coming and need something like a guidance and registration, or people strapped for cash, or people who come to submit their long term quest. We still have to serve them today."

The woman took a breath. "That's why you see that the guild is mostly empty for today, everyone except me is on holiday."

"So, where is your replacement, miss Ai? I don't think I see the receptionist for next shift."

"Holiday."

"You will keep the counter open, miss Ai?"

"I don't see why I shouldn't. Really, you don't have to be concerned over this. I am having a bonus for working today." Ai replied. He felt admiration on the woman's work ethic, really. Doing her job when everyone else was lazing around. He thought that even if no one came today, the woman would probably keep that professional attitude.

"Thank you for today, miss Ai." He said. He learned a lesson for that day. "I'm grateful for you to accept my office work request for today."
Thank you for working so hard on the holiday! :blob_hug: I hope you are finding ways to enjoy yourself!

Rewards:

Please mark evaluated!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Evaluation
Blacksmith's Apprentice [Evaluation Needed]
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges

After finishing with the cooking, Vesper went back to the Smith Guild. He brought a cart of wood like his first time and went to find Faylon. They had bonded pretty well last time. Vesper help around, adding wood and coal and whatnot, idly passing the time until the end of the afternoon.
It's good to see you around! I hope you are working hard! ^^

Rewards:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Evaluation
Unevaluated

Character
: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'

Quest Name: Exorcist Wanted
Quest Report
:
[ Here here! We're almost there!! Right!!? ]

[ Nnn ]

[ Ahahahaha finally I can see the lake! We're almost there right right!! ]

[ Nnn ]

[ Aren't you Excited! I'm very Excited Red Riding Hood Sister! ]

[... Nnn ]

[ Yeey!! ]

Currently deep within the woods of Scrible.

A white girl who looks like Red Riding Hood is walking a long side a cheerful energetic Little girl wearing common plain dress.

The Red hooded girl is Reciful she went to the forest to collect various of Herb's which she recently do for obtaining the ingredients for her potion making hobby.

& While she is collecting, its just so happens that she Encounter this little girl who aimlessly wondering in the forest completely lost.

Reciful immediately notice the truth behind the little girl... & For reason base purely out of her whim she decided to approach the lost little girl & guide her towards her rightful destination.

Under the cover of her Red hood Reciful set her gaze upon the happy little girl walking beside her, who's humming merrily.

When Reciful first Approached this little girl just awhile ago... The little girl have a lifeless eyes of someone who give up hope. & Now those eye became just thing in the past. currently the little girl is very happy which pique upon Reciful's curiosity a tiny bit.

[ Hmm♪ hm♪ hmmm♪ hm♪ hm♪ hmmm♪]

[..... You seems to be in a bright mood aren't you ] Ask by Reciful as she stealthy Manifest dozen of Black Tendrils in her Shadow & impaled some Forest slimes & Goblins who is hiding in ambush behind the trees.

[ Ehehehe... Cuz Enna is happy & excited you know~ ] said by the the oblivious little girl who's name is Enna. As she walks in front of Reciful, ignorant of how Reciful stealthy kills all monster who tried to obstruct their path.

[.... Why?... Did something good happen? ]

[ Cause finally I'll see the lake!! After soooo long finally ]

[ I see... But what so good about the lake? ]

[ Well~ you see~ did you know about the legend about the lake deep in the woods? Red cloaked Sister? ] Ask by Enna as she turn around with a quick spin smiling at Reciful.

[ Nope, dunno ]

[ People said deep in the forest there is a Lake!... & If you Throw flower petals in it & makes a wish! The lady in the lake shall hear your voice & she will make your wish come true!! ] Enna said as enthusiastically.

[...lady in the lake?... Lake...Nnnn sound nostalgic somehow. ] after hearing that legend, Reciful tilted her head in wonder & Remembered that one time she Delivered a package to a lady who walks above the lake water deep in the forest.

[ But you see that's not all the reason why Enna is happy now!! ]

[ Mmm? Is there anything else? ]

Instead of answering Reciful Question, Enna simply give Reciful a meaningful smile & giggles gently. As she grabs Reciful hand and urge her to quickly go to the lake.

Which Reciful heed, letting herself be pulled in hand by Enna guiding the Little girl towards the lake deep in the forest.

***​

[ Were here Enna ]
[...!!!.]

In front of them is a crystal clear lake surrounded by tree's, a paradise slumbering deep in the woods of Scrible.

The Afternoon sun reflects upon the lakes surface making it shine gold. While fairies were chasing some fireflies playing around at the lake shore.

[.... So beautiful ] Enna Muttered absentmindedly

Enna the little girl is lost for words... Finally after all those years she reach the lake she always keep searching for a long time.

[ Thank you.... Thank you Red Riding Hood Sister with this... I.. I finally can rest in Pea--- ]

But Reciful Interrupted Enna before she finished her sentence.

[... No not yet...I have yet to made you makes your wish.... Let go to the lake ]

Reciful said so as a Floating water platform made of Reciful Shadow appeared & Reciful reach out her hand to Enna.

Tears fall down Enna child face as she smile.

[ Nnn! Right lets make a wish!! ] she said as tears continuesly falls down on her eyes.

***​

In the middle of the lake, Enna sprinkled flower petals in the water.

[ You know Red Riding Hood sister, I have been wandering in the forest for 15 yrs ] Enna speaks as she sprinkle the petals. Reciful simply Listened behind her.

[ My Mom is sick & My father went missing... I was still 9 yrs old yet I'm Already working to support my family. ]

[ I'm once selling candles in the plaza of the city, from there I heard the rumors about the legend of the lake whom soldiers talking about those days ]

She said as she continues gaze at the horizon.

[ So I tried going to the forest... Of course I ask Adventurers to take me but Since I'm poor no one listened & no one helped me. Until a group of newbie Adventurers took pity of me & take me to the forest. ]

[...But...on our way we got Ambushed by a group of Goblins. Out of fear The newbie Adventurers run for their lifes leaving me behind as a bait for them to escape..... I...I got Captured by goblins....and... And I got Violated & tortured.... For Many years by them in their dark cave ... I keep praying for salvation but no one came. ]

[ Until a group of holy Soldier from the empire came... I thought finally the gods hear My prayers. But the holy Priest ordered to burn me alive when he saw my stomach bulging as I was carrying a baby goblin in me ]

Then a moment of silence Enna stops speaking for a moment Reciful also did not speak any words.

[... All I wanted is to make a wish... For my mother to get healthy. For my father to come back... For me to be happy with them again..... Thats all... Thats all I want... & Yet... I got abandoned, betrayed, Violated, tortured & burned alive... Why?... Why?? As My soul slowly crumble... I cling to the last thing I knew to keep me from falling to darkness to go the lake which I fail to reach... & I Got lost for many years in the forest endlessly searching. ]

Finally Enna Look Behind towards Reciful with a gentle smile without any hint of sadness, malice, or Regrets.

[.... And then you appeared in front of me, Talk to me, Approached me & reach out your hands for me.... Only you found me.... Thank you.. Red Riding Hood big sister! Thank you! ]

[ That's why Now I'm ready ] Enna said as she stared at Reciful's with determination within in her eye.

Reciful Likewise gaze at the little girl spirit in front of her... She saw nothing but purity in her, She is much innocent, pure & stronger than most humans. Reciful thought she deserves much better.

Reciful nod her head & from her Shadow a Particular book/Tomb for Exorcism which she just borrowed from the other day appeared in her shadow.

Opening the book that Reciful holds & reciting a particular words in a certain page writen inside the book. Its the song of spell for Peaceful passing of Spirits.

And so Reciful sing a lullaby for Enna.

Lacrimosa dies illa♪
Qua resurget ex favilla♪
Judicandus homo reus.♪
Huic ergo parce, Deus,♪
Pie Jesu, Domine!♪

Judicandus homo reus.♪
Dona eis, requiem, amen.♪
Pie Jesu, Domine!♪

After Reciful finished the song. Enna started to glow.

[ Farewell Red Riding hood Big sister & thank you. ] Enna said smiling as her soul became a glitters of light & flew above guided By a gentle light that came down from heaven above.

Reciful watches Enna's spirit scatters in the wind until it reaches heaven. A Gentle breeze sweeps her Red Hood away revealing her face as her white hair sways in the wind.

[.....do your job & please treat her well... you dumb divine's. ]

Reciful said with a gentle tone as she gaze at the afternoon sky. while standing in the middle of the lake.

Summary:
I helped a spirit of a little girl pass on to the after life Peacefully.... I think.

OCC: it became long~ lol & for copy right thingy... that Song name is "Lala's lullaby" from the Anime "D-Gray Man"..... And yes I love those type of Music!:blob_uwu: XD ahahahaha:blob_melt::blobrofl:
:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: I'm not crying! I swear I'm not crying!!

This is a truly heartwarming report. Thank you!

Rewards
Exp: 190Money: 35GOther: N/A

Mark evaluated!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Evaluation
Unevaluated

> > >

A King’s Hand [SR0904]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Freedom Fighters or First Mate
  • Find out who is stalking you.
  • Investigate the mysterious spy.
  • What do they want?
A knife in your door. The window to your room shattered.
Someone is following you. Someone is trying to tell you something.
What is it? There is a black rose on your doorstep.
Could it be…? A spy sent by a Pirate King?
Rewards:
> > >

She was not one to need to sleep for her physical body. The captain had booked a tavern room for her to rest that night, while the captain said that he and his crew would enjoy the night life the port city had to offer. At first, she wanted to join them. But the captain said whether she batted for the other team or not.

Did the captain know about her affiliation to adventurer guild? That was certainly worrying development for her. Knowing that, she halted her step. She had to reassess her current information.

"No. I'm not. Take care, captain."

---

What did they knew about her? Their interaction with her was so small. Outside of when she applied with them, when she asked the captain to hand their supplies, the time she rescued the captain's teammate, and the fight that afternoon, she had no interaction with them. Was her cover blown? How should she proceed from this?

She pondered this until it was late. She wondered if the captain would go back to their room that night. as she waited for him to come back, she heard the window being shattered. Turning her head to that direction, she saw someone fled the scene.

This... what did this mean? was it an assassin? Who was the target? Was it the captain? Or was it herself? She proceeded to get up and go through the door. As she opened the door, she found herself being stabbed by a boy.

"I... I didn't... I didn't mean to do this..." was he shocked after stabbing her? Why? First, she had to apprehend the assassin.

She extended her body, turning from ice to water. She began to envelop him and froze a part of her body, immobilizing him.

"Who sent you?" She asked. For added intimidation, she manifested a sharp ice near his pupil. He stood still.

"I... I don't know! I was only asked to stab on your door and deliver this rose in front of it! I swear that is all!"

Rose? She looked at his hand. Her gaze then followed down and saw a black rose. A messenger, not an assassin? Manifesting another hand, she took the rose and bring it up.

There was some kind of paper that was wrapping its branch. She opened it.

'Come to the rooftop. I'll be waiting.'

---

"
What do you want?" She said to the man in front of her.

"You. I just want to deliver this letter to you." The man said. He took out a letter from his pocket and give it to her.

"Come. Don't come. I'm sure you won't regret it if you come, though."

And the man suddenly vanished in front of her. Was it an illusion? But with the letter in her hand...

She returned to her room.
My goodness, that sounds dangerous! Be careful okay? That letter seems so suspicious...

Rewards:

Mark evaluated!

Himekawa

evaluated

> > >
Rank D Promotion Exam - Part 1
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: A King’s Hand
  • Agree to meet the Pirate King.
  • Join the Pirate King’s ranks.
  • Do not be discovered as a spy.
The Guild has reviewed your reports, and there is a change in priorities.
The Seven Pirate Kings of the North Sea are a dangerous enemy.
We have determined that infiltrating their organization is a high-priority goal.
You are hereby ordered to cancel all previous missions in Spire Reef.
Focus all of your future attention on satisfying this “Pirate King”.

Morning has come. The captain hadn't yet come back from his excursion with his crew. She had thought that the captain was leaving her again. But, when she looked to the dock, she could still see the captain's ship docked.

She had been invited to a meeting by someone declared by the guild to be pirate king. The report she had sent after last night encounter has returned with a reply, which is to join the pirate king's ranks and abandon captain Toga's crew.

For now, she waited.

---

Once again, the captain and the crew went away. Was she fortunate for this chance or was she currently being observed by the captain? Though, since the invitation was for this night, she did not squander her chance. Whatever happened after this, she had no more ties with the Ambling Pirates. After saying goodbye to the captain as he left, she went on her own task.

Rank D Promotion Exam - Part 2

Sponsor
Pirate King "Black Fog"
Objectives
  • Meet the Pirate King “Black Fog”.
  • Get laughed at for being weak.
  • Demonstrate your loyalty to Pirate King “Black Fog”.
  • Arrange the deaths of your 20 closest alliesin Spire Reef.
    • Must include all personal NPCs your character has met in the region.
    • Must include captain, second-in-command, friends, lovers, etc.
  • Note: Faking their deaths is not permitted.
Description
Arhahaharaha! You’re a funny one, did you know that? You think you’re great just because you’re the best of this tiny little pirate cove? Nobody takes the “pirates” from Spire Reef seriously! You’re all just worthless cannon-fodder of the Black Sea! The top of a mountain of trash is still trash! If you want to get anywhere the big fish swim, you’ve got to join one of the Pirate King armadas!

Hahaha! And you want to join mine?! That’s a funny joke! You’re weaker than my toilet scrubbers!

But sure! You amused me, and I think you’ll continue to amuse me. You can be an officer in my armada, as long as you pass my test.

I want you to kill everyone that you love, and arrange the death of all your allies in Spire Reef. Let’s see… your captain? Your second-in-command? Your best mage? Your best friend? Your lover? Your chef? Your little protege? I want them all dead. Prove to me that you don’t have any lingering “attachments” to this city of trash. You can’t be my officer if there are others you still want to protect.

Of course, I’ll be watching. Never think that I am not watching you. I know more about you than you might think.
Reward
EXP:
Money:
40 G
Items:
Rank D Certificate
Pirate King "Black Fog" Tattoo

"This is the person you choose, Myst?"

A fog was surrounding her. She knew that it was not water as it made contact with her body. In the middle of the night like this, the fog obscured more and more, that she could not see anything beyond it.

She couldn't determine the origin of that voice. That voice was coming down from everywhere, as if the origin of the voice surrounded her. She twisted her head, trying to discern the origin. Yet, it was futile.

Retreat. She had to get away from this fog. She couldn't sense anything here. She used her left feet as axis to turn her body. She would have to trust her endurance if she was to be attacked. Feeling like she finally completed one eighty, she began to move.

"Where do you want to go, little one?"

She could feel his breath in her neck. It was so close, as if he was whispering beside her. She stepped away hurriedly from the origin of the voice, only to hit something. Something was blocking her way on her right. She looked at it.

It was towering over her. She transformed her hand into blade, but she found no purchase. As if it was vanishing into a thin air. What was that? It felt solid at one moment, and then when she tried to pierce it, it felt like she was only hitting air.

"Why are you so edgy?" It whispered, this time on her right side.

She tried to attack it. But once again, she found no purchase. It was as if its body was mist that could solidify and gasify at any time.

If that was how it wanted to play.

she shed her ice form, transforming into her water form. Levitating herself, she flew.

"Amusing, you are really amusing."

One moment, she escaped the black fog as she flew. The next moment, the black fog followed her from the bottom. It then solidified into the shape of a person.

"You amused me, and I think you’ll continue to amuse me. You can be an officer in my armada, as long as you pass my test. The other option is, of course, death."

This was what the guild asked her to join? It was the third time she felt this helpless. Seeing that fog's speed when it formed into the man, it was faster than her. She couldn't escape, as it could easily envelop her body and trap her like it was before.

"You listening?"

She nodded. If she wanted to live, she had to take her chance to escape later.

"Alright. Here's the test. I want you to kill everyone that you love, and arrange the death of all your allies in Spire Reef. Let’s see… your captain? Your second-in-command? Your best mage? Your best friend? Your lover? Your chef? Your little protege? I want them all dead. Prove to me that you don’t have any lingering “attachments” to this city of trash. You can’t be my officer if there are others you still want to protect."

Protect? That was laughable. She had no attachment at all to this place.

"Of course, I’ll be watching. Never think that I am not watching you. I know more about you than you might think."

---
"Morning, captain. Are we going to set off today?"

"The boys still wanted to spend their gains. Probably tomorrow or the day after."

"Say... captain. I was invited by the "black fog" yesterday."

"ahh... it came to this huh?"

"Why are you not drawing your sword, captain?" Watery asked.

"Why should I?"

"I am going to take your life, captain. Why are you so nonchalant about this!?"

He smiled.

"My crew and I had gone on our last journey. We've obtained our treasure. So, why wouldn't I not accept this fate? The moment I accepted you, I did know that you will be one of them."

He continued. "Did you think no one would notice how the black fog did his recruitment? He is powerful, but his method is predictable. So... "

His smile serene, as he accepted his death.

She made another of her ice blade.

"I'm sorry, captain."

"It's alright."

Her blade pierced his body. He fell onto her.

"You're... not... one... of us."

---

"You're done?" The man who met her on the rooftop, Myst, asked.

She nodded.

Last edited:

Euphoria723

> > >
Rank D Promotion Exam - Part 1
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: A King’s Hand
  • Agree to meet the Pirate King.
  • Join the Pirate King’s ranks.
  • Do not be discovered as a spy.
The Guild has reviewed your reports, and there is a change in priorities.
The Seven Pirate Kings of the North Sea are a dangerous enemy.
We have determined that infiltrating their organization is a high-priority goal.
You are hereby ordered to cancel all previous missions in Spire Reef.
Focus all of your future attention on satisfying this “Pirate King”.

Morning has come. The captain hadn't yet come back from his excursion with his crew. She had thought that the captain was leaving her again. But, when she looked to the dock, she could still see the captain's ship docked.

She had been invited to a meeting by someone declared by the guild to be pirate king. The report she had sent after last night encounter has returned with a reply, which is to join the pirate king's ranks and abandon captain Toga's crew.

For now, she waited.

---

Once again, the captain and the crew went away. Was she fortunate for this chance or was she currently being observed by the captain? Though, since the invitation was for this night, she did not squander her chance. Whatever happened after this, she had no more ties with the Ambling Pirates. After saying goodbye to the captain as he left, she went on her own task.

Rank D Promotion Exam - Part 2

Sponsor
Pirate King "Black Fog"
Objectives
  • Meet the Pirate King “Black Fog”.
  • Get laughed at for being weak.
  • Demonstrate your loyalty to Pirate King “Black Fog”.
  • Arrange the deaths of your 20 closest alliesin Spire Reef.
    • Must include all personal NPCs your character has met in the region.
    • Must include captain, second-in-command, friends, lovers, etc.
  • Note: Faking their deaths is not permitted.
Description
Arhahaharaha! You’re a funny one, did you know that? You think you’re great just because you’re the best of this tiny little pirate cove? Nobody takes the “pirates” from Spire Reef seriously! You’re all just worthless cannon-fodder of the Black Sea! The top of a mountain of trash is still trash! If you want to get anywhere the big fish swim, you’ve got to join one of the Pirate King armadas!

Hahaha! And you want to join mine?! That’s a funny joke! You’re weaker than my toilet scrubbers!

But sure! You amused me, and I think you’ll continue to amuse me. You can be an officer in my armada, as long as you pass my test.

I want you to kill everyone that you love, and arrange the death of all your allies in Spire Reef. Let’s see… your captain? Your second-in-command? Your best mage? Your best friend? Your lover? Your chef? Your little protege? I want them all dead. Prove to me that you don’t have any lingering “attachments” to this city of trash. You can’t be my officer if there are others you still want to protect.

Of course, I’ll be watching. Never think that I am not watching you. I know more about you than you might think.
Reward
EXP:
Money:
40 G
Items:
Rank D Certificate
Pirate King "Black Fog" Tattoo

"This is the person you choose, Myst?"

A fog was surrounding her. She knew that it was not water as it made contact with her body. In the middle of the night like this, the fog obscured more and more, that she could not see anything beyond it.

She couldn't determine the origin of that voice. That voice was coming down from everywhere, as if the origin of the voice surrounded her. She twisted her head, trying to discern the origin. Yet, it was futile.

Retreat. She had to get away from this fog. She couldn't sense anything here. She used her left feet as axis to turn her body. She would have to trust her endurance if she was to be attacked. Feeling like she finally completed one eighty, she began to move.

"Where do you want to go, little one?"

She could feel his breath in her neck. It was so close, as if he was whispering beside her. She stepped away hurriedly from the origin of the voice, only to hit something. Something was blocking her way on her right. She looked at it.

It was towering over her. She transformed her hand into blade, but she found no purchase. As if it was vanishing into a thin air. What was that? It felt solid at one moment, and then when she tried to pierce it, it felt like she was only hitting air.

"Why are you so edgy?" It whispered, this time on her right side.

She tried to attack it. But once again, she found no purchase. It was as if its body was mist that could solidify and gasify at any time.

If that was how it wanted to play.

she shed her ice form, transforming into her water form. Levitating herself, she flew.

"Amusing, you are really amusing."

One moment, she escaped the black fog as she flew. The next moment, the black fog followed her from the bottom. It then solidified into the shape of a person.

"You amused me, and I think you’ll continue to amuse me. You can be an officer in my armada, as long as you pass my test. The other option is, of course, death."

This was what the guild asked her to join? It was the third time she felt this helpless. Seeing that fog's speed when it formed into the man, it was faster than her. She couldn't escape, as it could easily envelop her body and trap her like it was before.

"You listening?"

She nodded. If she wanted to live, she had to take her chance to escape later.

"Alright. Here's the test. I want you to kill everyone that you love, and arrange the death of all your allies in Spire Reef. Let’s see… your captain? Your second-in-command? Your best mage? Your best friend? Your lover? Your chef? Your little protege? I want them all dead. Prove to me that you don’t have any lingering “attachments” to this city of trash. You can’t be my officer if there are others you still want to protect."

Protect? That was laughable. She had no attachment at all to this place.

"Of course, I’ll be watching. Never think that I am not watching you. I know more about you than you might think."

---
"Morning, captain. Are we going to set off today?"

"The boys still wanted to spend their gains. Probably tomorrow or the day after."

"Say... captain. I was invited by the "black fog" yesterday."

"ahh... it came to this huh?"

"Why are you not drawing your sword, captain?" Watery asked.

"Why should I?"

"I am going to take your life, captain. Why are you so nonchalant about this!?"

He smiled.

"My crew and I had gone on our last journey. We've obtained our treasure. So, why wouldn't I not accept this fate? The moment I accepted you, I did know that you will be one of them."

He continued. "Did you think no one would notice how the black fog did his recruitment? He is powerful, but his method is predictable. So... "

His smile serene, as he accepted his death.

She made another of her ice blade.

"I'm sorry, captain."

"It's alright."

Her blade pierced his body. He fell onto her.

"You're... not... one... of us."

---

"You're done?" The man who met her on the rooftop, Myst, asked.

She nodded.
[Evaluated]
"Killing in cold blood, you look calm but what's your inside like? I'd find it hard to take this step. Here's your certificate, congrats on becoming a Rank D."
EXP:
Money:
  • 40 G
Items:
  • Rank D Certificate
  • Pirate King "Black Fog" Tattoo

Euphoria723

Healing Herbs [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:

The guild had given Stella the task of collecting healing herbs. She had heard it's a tricky find, so she found Vesper who she had met on her first for tip and direction on spotting the correct ones.

Stella head to wilderness and immediately starts to look around. She found the healing herbs according to Vesper's description and test it out just to make sure. When Stella's confident that she's found the correct ones, she harvest the herbs into the sacks handed out by the guild. Soon, 5 sacks were filled and Stella took them back to turn in.

Last edited:

Euphoria723

Slime Subjugation [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:

The herbs turned in, it's time to take the slime quest. Vesper had informed her of a real slimey place down at the sewer when he had went there for a giant rat quest. Sure enough, when Stella arrived, the place is infested.

She used her staff to cast a few light beams at the smiles and took out 4 of them. After she collect their core, Stella put them in a bag. Using her Starwheel Ice staff, Stella swung and hit slimes after slimes until she took out 6 slimes. She collected the core and went back to turn in her harvest.

Last edited:

Himekawa

Asteria Village Relay Station [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Get stationed near Asteria Village for one month.
  • Care for the horses in the stables.
  • Assist travelers in any way necessary.
The Adventurer's Guild maintains an outpost near Asteria Village in the west.
The outpost serves as a relay station for any regional activity in the rural area.
Please keep horses fresh at all times in case of emergency.
Use your best judgement to aid locals and travelers.
Rewards:

Right now, Vesper's being stationed at a Relay Station near Asteria Village. His main task is to care for the horse and assist the occasional travelers and locals. This whole thing will take 1 month. It was easy task, so everything was pretty laid back.

He fed the horse and groom them when needed to, making sure to keep them clean. They're all strong and able horse, obviously made for the travel. The stable has many horses with all kinds of colors. Vesper has fun looking at them.

Sometimes, a traveler or adventurer would come and purchase a horse for travelling. Other times, people come just comes for a rest stop. Vesper would give them water and sell them some travel food. Sometimes, a local would come and ask for help getting rid of nearby monsters. Once, there was even a party who's traveling to another region. The party captain told Vesper it was a messy place.

Just like that, a month past smoothly and Vesper was told to go back. He quite enjoy his time here, maybe he'll come back next time.
"Wait... wait... whose horse are you selling here!? Are you skirting your duty? Those horses are important for our messengers! Not to mention, you can just escort them here and let them buy a horse at the market instead!"

"Now. I deem this quest a failure. I'll ask with others in that relay station, and if you are still holding any of the money, you'll be asked to return them. Dismissed."

OOC:evaluated as fail. Please mark them as evaluated. Reward:20EXP

Last edited:

Euphoria723

Asteria Village Relay Station [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Get stationed near Asteria Village for one month.
  • Care for the horses in the stables.
  • Assist travelers in any way necessary.
The Adventurer's Guild maintains an outpost near Asteria Village in the west.
The outpost serves as a relay station for any regional activity in the rural area.
Please keep horses fresh at all times in case of emergency.
Use your best judgement to aid locals and travelers.
Rewards:

Right now, Vesper's being stationed at a Relay Station near Asteria Village. His main task is to care for the horse and assist the occasional travelers and locals. This whole thing will take 1 month. It was easy task, so everything was pretty laid back.

He fed the horse and groom them when needed to, making sure to keep them clean. They're all strong and able horse, obviously made for the travel. The stable has many horses with all kinds of colors. Vesper has fun looking at them.

Sometimes, a traveler or adventurer would come. Other times, people come just comes for a rest stop. Vesper would give them water and sell them some travel food. Sometimes, a local would come and ask for help getting rid of nearby monsters. Once, there was even a party who's traveling to another region. The party captain told Vesper it was a messy place.

Just like that, a month past smoothly and Vesper was told to go back. He quite enjoy his time here, maybe he'll come back next time.

Last edited:

Reciful

APPRAISED

A girl who is completely covered in red from head to toe.

Standing in the middle of countless dead body mutilated so badly its hard to determine what they were once.

She slowly did a head turn & gaze upon the group of researchers who watches the entire thing behind a glass.

She smiled at them with purity & innocent.... Gazing at them with her glowing blood red Gentle eyes.

[... Oh god ] that's all they can mutter after seeing that.... As they felt a cold shiver crawled in their spine.

Test out a magic item!
Sponsor: Goren Doles Magic Research CentreLocation: Scribel CityLevel: 2
Objective
  • Enter the Magic Research Centre (Don't wander off, Dr. Lennings will be waiting for you outside)
  • Enter the testing room, please leave all your equipment outside the room we will provide our own equipment (Weapon of choice + Used Leather Armour)
  • Wear the bracelet
    • Don't lose control
  • Use your new found strength to fight some monsters we've prepared.
    • (Slime, Horned Rabbit, Wild Boar)
  • Exit the Magic Research Centre (Dr. Lennings will guide you out.)
We've recently created a bracelet that amplifies the user's strength.
However, it seems to affect a User's mind.
We've done some tinkering and want to witness its effects.
We want to see its effects.
EXP: 125Reward: 25 GOther: N/A

Quest Name: Test out magic item
Quest report:

[ Are you the Adventurer from the guild ]

Said by a guy wearing a white lab coat. Taking in front of a White girl covered in a Red Pretty Hooded Cloak.

[ Nnn!...hello!! My Name is Reciful 'Innoc---- ]

but before She even finished her Introduction, she was rudely interrupted by the Researcher who did not even name himself.

[ Follow me ]

The Researcher said before absurdly walking away without even waiting for Reciful at all.

***​

[ Take off all your Equipment & Change into this.... Choose any of those weapons fast. ]

said by the Researcher towards Reciful who is completely confused.

After following the man, who did not even glance at her nor explain anything her. She is lead to this very large empty white room... Somehow the large room ressemble that of a Church room... It have some kind of Solemnity in it.

In that room many other Researchers in waiting. Some of them is busy preparing for the test which is about to be conducted.

Following the Researcher Instructions Reciful immediately tried to take off her clothes in front of Everyone.

While some of them is surprise, other is clearly aroused but fortunately some female researchers immediately stop Reciful before she fully go totally nude.

[ Stop!.. STOP!! You can change somewhere not here!! We have a changing room!! ]

[ Don't go nude suddenly!! Your a girl what more your a pretty girl!! Don't let those asshole see you naked!!! ]

[ Come on guys!! That absurd!! ]

Said by the female's researchers as they let out a barrage of complain at the males Researchers.

They guide Reciful to a Changing room. From there she wear a simple leather grey Armour without any design in it.

Fortunately the females researchers also brief her about the test.

***​

Inside the empty white room.

Reciful is standing alone wearing a grey plain leather armour & in her hand is a Claymore Great sword. Which clearly is much large than Reciful's height.

[ Test will be conducted now. Use the Bracelet & active it & defeat all the enemies thats all.... If we see you can't continue. the test shall be stopped.... Now test begin! ]

Said by the Researcher from a observation room who's voice is transmitted through a speaker Device installed above the Testing room.

[... Ok... Let see Bracelet "Activate"! ] Reciful saids.

Immediately a immense power flows into her & Emotion of rage, bloodlust, insanity tried to dominate Reciful & flame like aura covered her entire body.

It have force that induce someone into a filling rage... While not out right insane it can turn someone very hateful to the point its actually dangerous, Cause it can make someone berserk is use too much.

Unfortunately for it. this level of hate is like a child's play for Reciful who's once possess a hellish wrath inside her. What more she is a former being who is revered as the Ancient Evil God, Albeit a fallen god now still her affinity to this type of thing is very great.

But.... She felt like she want to let loose just this time.

A group of slime entered the room.

*Bang!!*

A loud noise.... Reciful Jumped very high she land in the middle of the slime crushing few slime. Then she did full force horizontal circular swing cutting all slime apart.

[ Ne-next opponent! ] Said by the announcer.

Some Horned Rabbits entered.

Reciful sprinted with inhuman agility towards the Rabbits & Before they could even react. Reciful did a soccer kick at one of the Rabbits making it flew until it Squished in the white wall.

The rabbits became enraged & jumped at Reciful. Only to be hit by a full force roundhouse Kick breaking their bones & ripping off their soft bodies scattering flesh & blood in the air.

In fear some tried to run, only to be stamped by Reciful to death crushing their body.

***​

Next is Boars, it immediately rush & tried to tackle Reciful. But As if anticipated, Reciful with the Bracelet Increasing her Strength. she Thrust her Large Claymore towards the rushing Boar & skewering it from its head crushing its skull.

Then She Take out the Claymore impaling the Boar & with a monstrous force she did a spinning motion with her entire body as she Swing her sword horizontally dissecting the incoming boar behind her.... Creating a fountain of blood.

[ Ehe-ehehehehe~ ] she giggled.

For extra test they tried bringing in a dire wolf.

Dire Wolfs... Its fast & its instinct told it to them to be cautious.

They tried to take advantage of their speed... Unfortunately due to the Bracelet Reciful's speed & instinct also greatly increased equal to the dire wolfs.

She alongside the Dire wolfs in a speeding contest.
She swung her claymore chopping their Paw's!
She brandished her Claymore Cutting them apart.
She Thrust her Sword to the wolfs Mouth, when they tried to bite her.
She Crushed one wolfs skull by a mere downward kick to it head.
She brutally mutilated the remaining wolfs when her Claymore blades snapped & break into two.

Soon enough everything in the room died except Reciful... The white room became painted in red.

The large noise died down, the entire facility became quiet.

The empty room became filled by Dismembered flesh of various dead bodies.

In the middle of the testing room is a girl covered in blood. Her body is surrounded by a blazing aura. holding a Broken Claymore that snapped in two due to the force of her swings.

She have bite marks & cuts all over her body. Her leather Armour is in tatters... & Yet

She have a innocent smile on her face Completely opposite to the scenery she is currently in.

Summary: Bracelet effect

Effect
  • It gives Monstrous strength.
  • A speed greater than a dire wolf.
  • A beast like Instinct.
  • Sharpened sense.
  • Fast Reaction time.
  • Great mobility & flexibility.
  • Surrounds you with a Flame like Aura.
Side effect

• If normal human without any resistance to status effect or any affinity to berserk status. They will surely lost their mind & became a madman.
  • Its increase too much the body strength of a person that its can actually harm the body of a normal human.
  • It gives bloodlust, rage, & confusion to its wearer.
  • This make the body very hot so all the moisture inside the body slowly evaporates as you keep using it, making the wearer very dehydrated.

Last edited:

Epsil

Unevaluated

A girl who is completely covered in red from head to toe.

Standing in the middle of countless dead body mutilated so badly its hard to determine what they were once.

She slowly did a head turn & gaze upon the group of researchers who watches the entire thing behind a glass.

She smiled at them with purity & innocent.... Gazing at them with her glowing blood red Gentle eyes.

[... Oh god ] that's all they can mutter after seeing that.... As they felt a cold shiver crawled in their spine.

Quest Name: Test out magic item
Quest report:

[ Are you the Adventurer from the guild ]

Said by a guy wearing a white lab coat. Taking in front of a White girl covered in a Red Pretty Hooded Cloak.

[ Nnn!...hello!! My Name is Reciful 'Innoc---- ]

but before She even finished her Introduction, she was rudely interrupted by the Researcher who did not even name himself.

[ Follow me ]

The Researcher said before absurdly walking away without even waiting for Reciful at all.

***​

[ Take off all your Equipment & Change into this.... Choose any of those weapons fast. ]

said by the Researcher towards Reciful who is completely confused.

After following the man, who did not even glance at her nor explain anything her. She is lead to this very large empty white room... Somehow the large room ressemble that of a Church room... It have some kind of Solemnity in it.

In that room many other Researchers in waiting. Some of them is busy preparing for the test which is about to be conducted.

Following the Researcher Instructions Reciful immediately tried to take off her clothes in front of Everyone.

While some of them is surprise, other is clearly aroused but fortunately some female researchers immediately stop Reciful before she fully go totally nude.

[ Stop!.. STOP!! You can change somewhere not here!! We have a changing room!! ]

[ Don't go nude suddenly!! Your a girl what more your a pretty girl!! Don't let those asshole see you naked!!! ]

[ Come on guys!! That absurd!! ]

Said by the female's researchers as they let out a barrage of complain at the males Researchers.

They guide Reciful to a Changing room. From there she wear a simple leather grey Armour without any design in it.

Fortunately the females researchers also brief her about the test.

***​

Inside the empty white room.

Reciful is standing alone wearing a grey plain leather armour & in her hand is a Claymore Great sword. Which clearly is much large than Reciful's height.

[ Test will be conducted now. Use the Bracelet & active it & defeat all the enemies thats all.... If we see you can't continue. the test shall be stopped.... Now test begin! ]

Said by the Researcher from a observation room who's voice is transmitted through a speaker Device installed above the Testing room.

[... Ok... Let see Bracelet "Activate"! ] Reciful saids.

Immediately a immense power flows into her & Emotion of rage, bloodlust, insanity tried to dominate Reciful & flame like aura covered her entire body.

It have force that induce someone into a filling rage... While not out right insane it can turn someone very hateful to the point its actually dangerous, Cause it can make someone berserk is use too much.

Unfortunately for it. this level of hate is like a child's play for Reciful who's once possess a hellish wrath inside her. What more she is a former being who is revered as the Ancient Evil God, Albeit a fallen god now still her affinity to this type of thing is very great.

But.... She felt like she want to let loose just this time.

A group of slime entered the room.

*Bang!!*

A loud noise.... Reciful Jumped very high she land in the middle of the slime crushing few slime. Then she did full force horizontal circular swing cutting all slime apart.

[ Ne-next opponent! ] Said by the announcer.

Some Horned Rabbits entered.

Reciful sprinted with inhuman agility towards the Rabbits & Before they could even react. Reciful did a soccer kick at one of the Rabbits making it flew until it Squished in the white wall.

The rabbits became enraged & jumped at Reciful. Only to be hit by a full force roundhouse Kick breaking their bones & ripping off their soft bodies scattering flesh & blood in the air.

In fear some tried to run, only to be stamped by Reciful to death crushing their body.

***​

Next is Boars, it immediately rush & tried to tackle Reciful. But As if anticipated, Reciful with the Bracelet Increasing her Strength. she Thrust her Large Claymore towards the rushing Boar & skewering it from its head crushing its skull.

Then She Take out the Claymore impaling the Boar & with a monstrous force she did a spinning motion with her entire body as she Swing her sword horizontally dissecting the incoming boar behind her.... Creating a fountain of blood.

[ Ehe-ehehehehe~ ] she giggled.

For extra test they tried bringing in a dire wolf.

Dire Wolfs... Its fast & its instinct told it to them to be cautious.

They tried to take advantage of their speed... Unfortunately due to the Bracelet Reciful's speed & instinct also greatly increased equal to the dire wolfs.

She alongside the Dire wolfs in a speeding contest.
She swung her claymore chopping their Paw's!
She brandished her Claymore Cutting them apart.
She Thrust her Sword to the wolfs Mouth, when they tried to bite her.
She Crushed one wolfs skull by a mere downward kick to it head.
She brutally mutilated the remaining wolfs when her Claymore blades snapped & break into two.

Soon enough everything in the room died except Reciful... The white room became painted in red.

The large noise died down, the entire facility became quiet.

The empty room became filled by Dismembered flesh of various dead bodies.

In the middle of the testing room is a girl covered in blood. Her body is surrounded by a blazing aura. holding a Broken Claymore that snapped in two due to the force of her swings.

She have bite marks & cuts all over her body. Her leather Armour is in tatters... & Yet

She have a innocent smile on her face Completely opposite to the scenery she is currently in.

Summary: Bracelet effect

Effect
  • It gives Monstrous strength.
  • A speed greater than a dire wolf.
  • A beast like Instinct.
  • Sharpened sense.
  • Fast Reaction time.
  • Great mobility & flexibility.
  • Surrounds you with a Flame like Aura.
Side effect

• If normal human without any resistance to status effect or any affinity to berserk status. They will surely lost their mind & became a madman.
  • Its increase too much the body strength of a person that its can actually harm the body of a normal human.
  • It gives bloodlust, rage, & confusion to its wearer.
  • This make the body very hot so all the moisture inside the body slowly evaporates as you keep using it, making the wearer very dehydrated.
Good Results. I'll be sure to keep and examine this bracelet furthur. - Dr. Lennings
EXP: 125Reward: 25 GOther: N/A

Reciful

Unevaluated

The Hidden Symbol [SR0001]
  • Required Level: n/a
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: At least 1 completed guild quest.
  • Make contact with a spy from the guild.
  • Learn how to use the Hidden Symbol.
  • Submit a quest report from Spire Reef.
The guild has no official branch office in Spire Reef.
We depend on adventurers to serve as our secret informants.Meet with a guild spy to learn how to submit quest reports.By drawing the Hidden Symbol on paper and burning it…Your message will make its way to our agents.
Rewards:

Lvl: 8 rank E

Quest Name: The hidden Symbol
Quest Report:

[ The message said... girl, pure white, Red Cloak, Hooded & bare footed.... But where is she? I haven't seen such a person yet? Did she get lost? ]

A Ordinary Looking man quietly Muttered as he walk in the street of Spire reef.

He is the spy from the guild, his here to meet the new adventure who will be coming here.... Yet 5 days past no such girl who match the description in the massage he received appears yet.

[.... *Sigh* I'll look again after the next two days.... The Black Fog might notice me if I lingers around here too much ]

Then he entered a dark alley in a very casually manner. He perfected his act of undercover due to many year's of being a spy in spire reef... His acting is flawless.

Then suddenly a imperceptible darkness shallowed his view.

When The guild spy come to his senses.... His body is tightly Restrained by a black Tendrils Extending from the Shadows that coil around his entire body incapacitating him from any movement.

He is still in the dark alley in spire reef albeit he is restrained in a building wall above ground.

[ You... Why are you sneaking on me? ] A unknown voice in darkness echoes suddenly.

!!!

[.... Wh-who are you! ] the man gasped in Surprise, he almost lose composure.

[.. you have been wandering here & there....your searching gaze annoys me~ Answer~ ]

Said By the Voice, as the Men felt a hard cold metal in his throat... He saw a Demonic Shadowy arm Holding a sharp Axe into his neck.

[ Who are you, what are you doing, who do you work for~ ] said by the voice of a girl.

[ I-i-I'm just O-ordinary f-fisher l-looking for a R-red hooded G-girl that It!! ]

The man give informations, but as a veteran he did not say he is a spy for the Guild at all.

[ Nn?.... Are you perchance.... The guild Spy? ]

[..!!!?? ] ( How did this thing knows!!? )

[ Aria...give me Light please ]
[ Hai!♪ ]

Suddenly a light shine in the darkness. The man closed his eye due to the sudden burst of light...But soon his Eye slowly get accustomed He saw a shining fairy giving light & a Red Hooded Girl haft Emerged in the wall in front of him surrounded by darkness moving on its own as if it Possessed life..... Which also extended to him, the one that restrained him.

[ Y-y-your the girl from the guild? ] the men make a guess muttering absent-mindedly.

[ Oooh~ I see so your from the guild indeed~... Sorry I thought your a enemy since report & rumors saids this place is dangerous & must be cautious.. ]

[.... So forgive me okay? ]

Reciful said as she Smiled at the Guild spy revealing her terrifying glowing Blood red eyes underneath her Red Hood.

[.....*gulp*... A-are you really the Adventurer from the guild?... I-I'm Thomas the guild spy I'll be teaching you about the Hidden Symbol ]

[ Nn!... I'm Reciful 'Innocent Malice'! I'll be working with here from now on Thomas~ let's be friends! ...]

And so Thomas the guild spy Teaches Reciful about the Hidden Symbol & how to use it.

Reciful Create the hidden symbol & burn it.

[ Yey! done now?... See you later Thomas ]

[ Wwwait! Please Release me first! ]

[ Nn? Oh!... right I forgot~]

Reciful Release him from his Restraints then Reciful Vanished in a dark corner.

Summary:
Captured a suspicious man!... Its actually the Guild spy!. Learned how to use & create Hidden Symbol to make reports.

Acquaintance count: 1 "Thomas"

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Quest Report (Appraised)
Missing Children [SC0206]
Objectives:
  • Check the "Missing Persons" list at the guild.
  • Search for and locate a missing child.
  • If alive, rescue and reunite them with their family.
The streets of Scribel aren't always the safest place.
Children are known to go missing without notice.
What happened to them? Did they get lost? Abducted? Attacked by a monster?
The parents demand that a search party be formed.
Rewards:
I was helping out at the temple today, when miss Tabea came to visit. It wasn't an unusual occurrence, but she was clearly flustered today, which made me worry that something might have happened.

After inquiring her about it, she explained that one of the children of the orphanage had gone missing, a young mermaid girl named Vhera that seemed to not have a good relationship with the other children. Miss Tabea was worried that she may have ran from the orphanage to avoid the other children and might now be lost somewhere in the city... And she feared that the worst might happen to the child.

She said she also listed Vhera as a missing person in the guild's list, so she'd be glad if someone could go after her... I felt honestly troubled about taking the orphanage's money for this request, but after over a week spent helping out at the temple, my reserves were quickly running out, so I decided to accept it through the guild.

A Blue Haired girl that is about 7 years old and has blue eyes. She has fins coming out of her head and was last seen using a green dress that let her legs exposed.

She can change her legs into a fish's tail when on water.

I then asked miss Tabea if she had any idea where Vhera could be, and miss Tabea said that maybe some place with water, though she already checked the nearby river and Vhera was not there... I nodded in understanding and then started my search, after reassuring her that The Goddess would certainly protect Vhera and guide our steps to find her soon.

The first thing I did was to head to the Northern gate to see if the guards there saw Vhera go through them, which they sadly didn't. I then went to the Eastern gate to ask too, but to no avail... That was worrisome, as the nearest rivers were on those directions.

The next gate I went to was the southern one. And thankfully, one of the guards here did remember seeing a girl that matched the description crossing the gate and heading South. I thanked him for his help and wished The Goddess would reward him for his assistance before going after her.

I reached the river after a while, but I couldn't see her there either... It was worrisome that she might have swam far away, but I prayed that was not the case, and instead decided to keep moving south, towards the Lizardmen region.

In the outpost that bordered it, I asked the guardsmen once again to see if they saw anyone that resembled Vhera's description. One of the people on watch said he remembered seeing one moving towards the nearby waterfall and pointed me to its direction. Thanking him for his help, I prayed that The Goddess would ensure his work continued smoothly and then moved to the waterfall.

It was a bit hard to go down the hills the led there, and going through the water wasn't an option for me, but eventually I finished my descent and started looking around to see if Vhera was here... At first I was worried, because I did not see her in the water at all, and the only place left for me to visit were the lizardmen settlements, which I don't know anything about... However, just as I was about to start heading there, I noticed a silhouette sitting right next to the river, with her feet just outside the water... I slowly approached the small girl that was there.

"I thought a mermaid would prefer to be inside the water?" I asked her after I got close enough.

Vhera looked up without moving from her spot and answered dejectedly, "The water here is muddy... I don't want to swim here."

I sat down next to her and gently caressed her head, "So it is... Do you wish to return? Miss Tabea is worried about you."

She shook her head and then looked downwards again, "I don't. I'll just get bullied again if I go back there... At least here I don't have to worry about those human boys."

"I see..." I'd have appreciated if miss Tabea could have made that clear instead of saying that she had a 'bad relationship', but I did not take it to heart... Instead I wondered what to tell Vhera to convince her this place was dangerous and that she was safer in Scribel.

I took my hand off her head and held my legs with them, and then stayed silent for a while... Before long, Vhera looked at me, and then back at the water, and then back at me. She seemed to be pondering something for a while, until she eventually said, "You're not going to bring me back?"

I smiled at her while putting my hand once again at her head and caressing it, "The Goddess offers guidance and offers a path to those in need, but she does not force their hand. The path you walk, must be one you chose for yourself."

She seemed a bit confused at my reply, and so she asked, "Then... You're going to leave me here?"

I shook my head and answered, "I will not."

That seemed to confuse her even more, "Why not?" She asked.

I looked up and said, "I wonder..." trying to think of a good reply to give her... I did not need to though, because I heard her stomach rumble as soon as I finished saying those last words. I looked towards her and she was looking downwards with a beet red face, it was honestly cute.

I took out some rations from my bag and offered them to her, "For one, I'm worried you might not be able to find food for yourself while alone here."

She wordlessly took the offered rations and started eating them, before saying... "It tastes horrible..." She did not stop eating them though.

I giggled, "I agree, but they're easy to carry and don't spoil easily. Very good for when you're out of the city on your own."

We stayed silent after that, at least until she finished eating. Once she was done, she seemed to realize something and said, "Thank you..."

"You're welcome." I told her, and then continued "So... What do you want to do now?"

She seemed a bit startled by my question at first, but then she started thinking for a few seconds, before saying... "I don't know."

It was a better answer than saying she wanted to keep moving southwards at least, but it was not enough to make me feel at ease either... I tried changing the questions then, "Do you want to go back to the Orphanage?" She shook her head, "What about remaining here?" She pondered for a second, but then shook her head again, "So you want to go somewhere else?" She pondered for a small while this time, but eventually nodded, "Do you know where?"

She was clearly dejected after hearing this last question, but she nodded and said, "Home..." Poor child...

I hugged her gently and said, "It's okay... Things will be alright..." She hugged me back and started sobbing.

We stayed like this for a while, until she calmed down at least, and then she asked me, "Hey... Can I stay with you?"

I pulled away from the hug and looked deep into her eyes while still holding her with arms, and then asked back, "With me?"

She nodded and replied, "You seem nice..."

That was a very troubling request... "Are you sure? I do dangerous things often, you won't be safe with me." I said.

She then asked, "What kind of dangerous things?"

I caressed her head in response, "Like going out of the city, all the way to those dangerous marshlands to search for a lost child."

She looked downwards for a second, seeming apologetic, but then looked back at my eyes and said, "I don't mind it!"

I wondered if this was really for the best... Though I already knew it was certainly better than leaving her at those marshlands... I took a deep breath, prayed that The Goddess was guiding me to the right path, and answered her, "Alright, but I have one condition." She seemed to hesitate a bit, but then nodded, so I continued, "If you see anything black start coming out of me, you'll run. Immediately."

She seemed to be surprised by my condition, she ended up asking, "Something black...?"

I nodded, "Run immediately. You have to promise me." I was unsure if this would keep her safe from the demon, but it was the minimum I could do to keep her safe.

She hesitated for a while, but she eventually nodded and said, "Okay."

I ruffled her head a bit and replied, "Alright, let's go back to the city then." To which she nodded.

I got up and offered my hand to help her, when I realized that I forgot to say something very basic... Aiming to fix that, I said, "I'm Nene."

She opened her eyes wide, seeming to only now realize we talked this whole time without her even knowing my name... She grasped my hand and said, "Vhera." before getting up too.

The way back was slow, she wasn't very used to walking with legs apparently, and climbing the hill was a lot harder than going down, so it took quite a while. And when walking back to the city, we had to take a few breaks to rest... By the time we reached Scribel, it was already night.

We first went to the orphanage, which Vhera was originally against, but she agreed to it when I reassured her that I would not force her to go back, and that I just needed to tell miss Tabea that she was safe.

Miss Tabea was surprised by the sudden turn things took, but she said that she trusted me to do a good job as a foster parent for Vhera... I had not thought of this way, but I suppose it was not exactly wrong either... I reassured her that I would do my best, and prayed that The Goddess would guide me.

Then we went back to the guild to report the resolution of the issue, and then back to the inn to rest.

Last edited: