Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Zero300

Jack isn't evil just cuz he killed a few people and have ghostly/undead friends.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Character sheet - Kartynts
Gender ⇒ Asexual​
Race ⇒ Mana Body​
Age ⇒ 11000 years (after acquiring the mana body)​
Class ⇒ Immortal​
Appearance
He appears in a gray robe, with zero exposure.
Has average height, average weight, average everything?
Everything about his looks, except for his robe is average...
That's because he can appear in any form, and the robe is a part of his body?!
Oh, he also has the voice of an old man.
Personality
He is cold and calculating, shows no outward emotions, and can read the mood. He shows great interest in everything regarding this new world and its inner workings, but otherwise seems bored out of his mind.
Backstory
After Kartynts became an immortal and acquired the mana body, he began exploring his planet, learning everything he could learn, and exhausted the planet after 200 years. As the boredom was filling him, he began exploring other planets, then solar systems, then whole galaxies.
As he was hopping over various regions of space, he noticed a portal. Moreover, this portal is headed to another plane of existence? How interesting! He immediately went in. And immediately almost regretted it.
It turns out, the underlying principles of mana in another plane are completely different! Kartynts needs to use almost all his power only to sustain his body.
Traits
Mana Body (main racial trait):​
Your body isn't made from flesh and bones. Heck, it's not even made from particles that normal matter is made of.
Instead, your body is made of Manaterial. Instead of almost empty particles, manaterial is 100% full of itself. To simplify, it's solid mana.
Since your body is made of amorphous, although solid, mana, you can assume any form and emulate any material previously analyzed.
In your ideal condition, you would be immune to almost all physical and magical attacks, but because just sustaining your body is so hard, you are as squishy as normal humans.
Laplace eyes (S-rank):​
As all the big boys in your original plane, you use the best magical eyes out there. They operate by analyzing the Laplace fundamental force (think of it as a greater version of usual light. More information transmitted, goes through objects, doesn't weaken with distance), giving you all information about things around you. Increasing concentration increases the amount of information.
But in your current state, if you concentrate any more than you do, the mana body will go out of control.
Maybe the only perk you have right now is the 360-sight.
Unknown principles of mana (F-rank):​
You can use any magic known to exist, but since all of them are based on these foreign principles of mana, they are no better than party tricks.
When using magic, mana required for it is 100x bigger than usual. It is truly remarkable that with this mana consumption, you even can do party tricks.
By assimilating the known principles of mana, you can increase the rank of this trait, which in turn improves your mana consumption.
The only way to assimilate is to level-up. Moreover, the later stages require more level-ups to advance.
Skills
Transformation (Main racial skill, S-rank ⋙ F-rank):​
This skill indicates that your body can, in some way, mold into different shapes.
Skill rank depends on your proficiency in quickly and precisely transforming.
In-body storage (B-rank):​
Since your body is literally amorphous, you can create small openings in it to allow for various items to be stored.
You can use up to 25% of your body volume as storage. While it doesn't provide the benefits of spatial storage, it does preserve stuff pretty well.
Beware that not many like to eat food that literally came from your insides, so you better not tell them this.
Literally any magic (S-rank ⋙ F-rank):​
You can use any magic that ever existed, but due to various factors, they are currently no better than party tricks.
Time rewind (Main class skill, S-rank, Sealed):​
This skill is what makes an Immortal, immortal. It allows you to transfer your soul to an earlier time.
However, the Immortals are not those that only have this skill. To be considered a true Immortal, you need an advanced version of this skill, Time Manipulation, which allows you to freely manipulate time inside of a certain space.
Due to your current state, the skill was downgraded to what it is now, and sealed afterward. In fact, if you were to use even this inferior version, you'd die as soon as you start.

So I wanted to show how powerful he was before entering the portal, but to summarize his current state:
  • His body is as tough as that of a regular human, he can transform freely, but rather poorly. (as indicated by his F-rank transformation skill)
    He has 360 vision, and can store various small objects in his body.
  • He can use any magic, but very poorly. Just to give an example, he can only maintain a finger-sized fire for about 30 minutes before he is exhausted of mana.
I added Time rewind to show-off some of his previous power, but it's sealed because as soon as he would use it, he would be dry of mana (which in his case is death, since his body is made of mana)
I hope he isn't too OP for his level, but really there is only one severely downgraded trait and one acquired skill, which is only really useful for party tricks.
It would be preferable if the time magic skill didn't exist, since it gives the opportunity for it to possibly become usable.
Same with the body storage, since it's kind of space magic which is considered OP for the world setting of the game.
I'd say make sure the body storage thing doesn't become too OP in terms of how much - or what - can be held inside.
An example could be, no living things can be stored; or maybe it takes more mana to store magical objects, etc...

@ohko might have a different opinion on this, though.

Other than that, I think it looked okay.
Again, this is just my opinion.
I do think your character seems interesting, btw. I look forward to how they'll develop in this new world.
(^-^)
Welcome to AG!
\o/

X

airisius

It would be preferable if the time magic skill didn't exist, since it gives the opportunity for it to possibly become usable.
Same with the body storage, since it's kind of space magic which is considered OP for the world setting of the game.
I'd say make sure the body storage thing doesn't become too OP in terms of how much - or what - can be held inside.
An example could be, no living things can be stored; or maybe it takes more mana to store magical objects, etc...

@ohko might have a different opinion on this, though.

Other than that, I think it looked okay.
Again, this is just my opinion.
I do think your character seems interesting, btw. I look forward to how they'll develop in this new world.
(^-^)
Welcome to AG!
\o/

X

What I meant by in-body storage is that there is no space-magic involved, he just literally removes a part of his body to replace it with an object, which in turn decreases his max mana capacity as well as his defense in some cases.
The reason it has a preserving feature is the same as the reason a refrigerator has. There is no supply of new air (or air at all), and his body doesn't emit body heat, so it stays relatively cold inside. More like, since his body is not made of particles, the definition of temperature is not applicable to him.
I agree that space magic is op, but it still goes under the Literally Any Magic, which allows his to store maybe a finger-sized ball at best.

Also, I forgot to say, that he can only use one magic at a time, because the more magics he uses, his concentration rises exponentially.
So if he would use space magic, he would be left defenseless.

The thing about time magic, I agree that it's OP, rather too much at that.
But as OP as it is, the requirements are just as much.
I made it intentionally impossible for him to use, it just sits there, nagging him. Oh, and also to provide some lore on the Immortals.
So even if I have an opportunity to unseal it, I won't. :)

Nahrenne

What I meant by in-body storage is that there is no space-magic involved, he just literally removes a part of his body to replace it with an object, which in turn decreases his max mana capacity as well as his defense in some cases.
The reason it has a preserving feature is the same as the reason a refrigerator has. There is no supply of new air (or air at all), and his body doesn't emit body heat, so it stays relatively cold inside. More like, since his body is not made of particles, the definition of temperature is not applicable to him.
I agree that space magic is op, but it still goes under the Literally Any Magic, which allows his to store maybe a finger-sized ball at best.

Also, I forgot to say, that he can only use one magic at a time, because the more magics he uses, his concentration rises exponentially.
So if he would use space magic, he would be left defenseless.

The thing about time magic, I agree that it's OP, rather too much at that.
But as OP as it is, the requirements are just as much.
I made it intentionally impossible for him to use, it just sits there, nagging him. Oh, and also to provide some lore on the Immortals.
So even if I have an opportunity to unseal it, I won't. :)
Then that's fine.
Thanks for the clarification on that.
*huggles*

\(^o^)/

X

Nahrenne

Self Sufficiency Lv 1
Her new form came with a mammary glands where she can milk to fulfill her own bodily needs. The milk produced by her recover health, mana, and stamina, as well as curing ailments.
For this skill, could you reduce how much it can do initially please?
For a level 1 character, that's a bit too OP for the world setting.
I'm not saying those features can't be used later on - when your character is a higher level - however, it's a bit too OP for right at the beginning.
>w<

Also...girls usually produce milk after having a baby...much like other mammals.
>w>
<w<

X

Miku

For this skill, could you reduce how much it can do initially please?
For a level 1 character, that's a bit too OP for the world setting.
I'm not saying those features can't be used later on - when your character is a higher level - however, it's a bit too OP for right at the beginning.
>w<

X
her own only though?

Also...I know. I'm aware. It is just, I don't want to deal with the food expenses, thus I want to make the character self sufficient. Also for living expenses too, with the backstory of being well-versed in survival.

That leads to the mind going to what if she can produce her own food? then, remembering that milk is food, and considering it is not sufficient, why not bless it with goddess's cheat skill? Therefore, self-sufficiency skill expressed itself in magical milk.
>w>
<w<

Last edited:

Nahrenne

her own only though?

Also...I know. I'm aware. It is just, I don't want to deal with the food expenses, thus I want to make the character self sufficient. Also for living expenses too, with the backstory of being well-versed in survival.

That leads to the mind going to what if she can produce her own food? then, remembering that milk is food, and considering it is not sufficient, why not bless it with goddess's cheat skill? Therefore, self-sufficiency skill expressed itself in magical milk.
>w>
<w<
'-'
A room at the tavern is 5G, with the cheapest food costing 1G.
If your character camps, then they'd only be using 1G a day, unless they hunted for their own food.
Oh!
There's a quest you can do that provides 5 food rations every time it's done. You also get paid for it.
Why not do that a few times?
Completing it 3 times gives you unlimited access to the guild kitchen.
(^-^)

X

Miku

'-'
If your character camps, then they'd only be using 1G a day, unless they hunted for their own food.
Oh!
There's a quest you can do that provides 5 food rations every time it's done. You also get paid for it.
(^-^)

X
I think I am fed up with cooking rations quest (in case you aren't aware, @Himekawa is my alt account. Under both account, I think I've written 12, or 15 of that quest. Lib, shimura, Mei, Meiko... ). It's one thing to finish the cooking rations quest, it is another thing to buy your own ingredients too. Besides, 1 bread for one day? I think you need 3 for morning, noon, and evening.

I'll probably redo the character later, I guess

Miku

'-'
Oh!
(^-^)

X
Anyway, I've played character with detailed logistics like day to day food consumption, item consumption, etc vs something like watery that just exist.

It is easier on my self when I did not do that. less calculation, more freedom in taking quests (merchant guild quest that travel to asteria village may need two day to accomplish, not to mention if you need to go to different city. Traveling in a ship, having to prepare rations for ship voyage for each quest...). I honestly don't want to deal in logistics for this chara.

Hmm... suggest me a archetype/race?

Nahrenne

I think I am fed up with cooking rations quest (in case you aren't aware, @Himekawa is my alt account. Under both account, I think I've written 12, or 15 of that quest. Lib, shimura, Mei, Meiko... ). It's one thing to finish the cooking rations quest, it is another thing to buy your own ingredients too. Besides, 1 bread for one day? I think you need 3 for morning, noon, and evening.

I'll probably redo the character later, I guess
'-'
I guess you could always do what @Leegood did and have your character be a live-in maid for a noble, where food and board is provided, as well as a wage.
Sorry if I came across as annoying...
...x...

Nahrenne

Anyway, I've played character with detailed logistics like day to day food consumption, item consumption, etc vs something like watery that just exist.

It is easier on my self when I did not do that. less calculation, more freedom in taking quests (merchant guild quest that travel to asteria village may need two day to accomplish, not to mention if you need to go to different city. Traveling in a ship, having to prepare rations for ship voyage for each quest...). I honestly don't want to deal in logistics for this chara.

Hmm...
*thinks*
Tree person?
All you'd have to do is photosynthesise and drink water.
'-'

X

Miku

Hmm... I'm imagining something like sensei in tenseiken. a flying sword seem interesting. But I can't honestly think of it doing something that needs dexterity.

Quaesitor

Let me give you a few suggestions!

The first thing that comes to my mind is something I myself did - the character essentially being a core-based golem/AI that manifests its body and survives off mana.

The second thing would be something like an object gaining consciousness and creating a body via psychic powers - quite similar to the first concept.

After that come things like elementals and such, that live off a certain element. Then most undead also have no consumption. Apart from that, something that feeds off emotions or thoughts would work well - as long as intelligent beings are around.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
And my char is ready! Meet Asteria~
Character Sheet - Asteria
Race
Beast-kin​
Level
1 (0 / 200 EXP)​
Class
Knight-in-training​
Money
300G​
Appearance
Asteria is a Blue haired beast-kin with two sets of ears. The first set of her ears are extremely fluffy.
She presents herself with an calm and collected attitude. Her attitude changes to a playful mischievous one when she is with her friends.
Personality
Hidden behind her calm posture, is a mischievous and a resolute personality.
She is a foodie.
Backstory
Not Provided.
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Steel Sword​
It is slender and has a sharp point. The blade has two edges.
SkillDescription
Magical Rend​
A piercing move that rends the target. The sword is covered with magic during the attack. The range of the attack is longer than it looks.
Quick Stab​
Quickly covers the distance and stabs the target before they can react.
ResolveAsteria's resolve lets her block an attack that would have overpowered her otherwise. This skill can even block attacks that are too fast to react to.

@ohko is this char alright? I doubt she would be OP but I hope she is not underpowered either.