Is Avatar the Last Airbender an Isekai Anime or a Xianxia Donghua?

jabathehut

Resident Troll
idc about that i just dont think its an isekai
I have deleted the word japanese from the wikipedia article defining isekai— pray I do not alter this reality further
1591414933547.png

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
View attachment 2858
This avatar is closer to isekai than ATLA. In fact this Avatar movie is basically SAO season 1 arch 2.
Uhn... What? What does a Alfhein have to do with Avatar? It has no magic, fairies, games or anything of the sort... The plot also doesn't revolve around saving a damsel in distress or anything like it...

Like, just what is it that they have in commom at all?

jabathehut

Resident Troll
Uhn... What? What does a Alfhein have to do with Avatar? It has no magic, fairies, games or anything of the sort... The plot also doesn't revolve around saving a damsel in distress or anything like it...

Finally a sensible opinion, agree.

GeorgeHaufman

the entire planet of natives are the damsel in distress

GeorgeHaufman

also them tail hair fucking and having pointy ears hmmm magic elves?

AkalE

Only a doesn't change their view in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Answer: No.

jabathehut

Resident Troll
Only a doesn't change their view in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Answer: No.
Cold take

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
tRuck & tRoll, the non-musical

Long, long yesterday, there was a troll that had an acquired taste of for bullying all the unsuspecting goats crossing the four, uhm, bridges. However, one day,

one magic day, he passed my way. While we spoke of many things, fools and kings. This, he said to me,

"Is Avatar the Last Airbender an Isekai Anime or a Xianxia Donghua?"

The God of Tricks Trucks, Loki Low-key, got annoyed and commissioned Truck-kun, a polymorphed full conversion cyborg raccoon, to do a job, fur The Jab.

GJ. "Game over, man. Game over." GG.

The troll reincarnated into a world without humor, where people didn't give af Likes. Isekai Rim: The Borderline Between Eye Scream and Ice Cream.

BAD END v42

Last edited:

Euphoria723

Its no it's not xianxia. I don't think u get what XianXia is. XianXia is IMMORTAL cultivation. Emphasize IMMORALITY and GODHOOD
And please! Donghua is Chinese animation!

If you are a Chinese person, maybe. If you are someone else, your categorisation seems lacklustre.

The water tribe are clearly Inuit.

The air nomads are Buddhist monks.

The fire nation are basically imperialistic pre-1945 Japanese.

And the Earth kingdom is China and the punching bag for our fire Japanese friends.

So no idea why you would call Avatar Xuanhuan.
I'm no Fire nation is Imperial Chinese. Earth nation is manchu. Note the ethnic race used in earth nation made up LESS THAN 1% of the population

guys Earth Kingdom is not Chinese, they are Manchu. Fire nation is Imperial Chinese. Whoever think it's Imperial Japan clearly doesn't know enough Japanese or Chinese History

And plz young greenhorn, JAPAN AND CHINA just don't mix well together why? Cuz Nanjing happened

Last edited: