Is Avatar the Last Airbender an Isekai Anime or a Xianxia Donghua?

jabathehut

Resident Troll
Don't mix us man. We hate each. No mixing, XuanHuan is a purely a Chinese genre and YOU'RE TALKING TO A CHINESE ATM
1591504554726.png

jabathehut

Resident Troll
Xuanhuan (玄幻 xuánhuàn) – literally means “Mysterious Fantasy”. A broad genre of fictional stories which remixes Chinese folklore/mythology with foreign elements & settings.
Yes avatar does that, so its an isekai xianxia

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
It is reincarnation INTO ANOTHER WORLD aka TRANSMIGRATION
Get a hint. Read my tRuck & tRoll post in the previous page.

For everyone:

Correct me if I get any of the following (tags) wrong as I'm still trying to figure the extent of the reincarnation concept for the adventum contest.
  • Reincarnation means someone dies and gets reborn irrespective of resultant time and place. The "reincarnation" usually used in stories has the peculiar cheat of retaining memories from the past life or from previous lives.
  • Transmigration means someone's soul from a living body gets relocated to another body in another world. (The previous body doesn't necessarily always die and the soul itself doesn't go through the cycle of death and rebirth which is why I'm confused why some insist that transmigration is reincarnation.)
  • Body possession means a soul steals control of a body from another soul.
  • Transported to another world means being summoned to another world, both body and soul.
  • Dimensional travel implies having full or partial control over the relocation.
Note: body can be (a living creature, an undead, an inanimate object, or) anything that can house a soul.

jabathehut

Resident Troll
Get a hint. Read my tRuck & tRoll post in the previous page.

For everyone:

Correct me if I get any of the following (tags) wrong as I'm still trying to figure the extent of the reincarnation concept for the adventum contest.
  • Reincarnation means someone dies and gets reborn irrespective of resultant time and place. The "reincarnation" usually used in stories has the peculiar cheat of retaining memories from the past life or from previous lives.
  • Transmigration means someone's soul from a living body gets relocated to another body in another world. (The previous body doesn't necessarily always die and the soul itself doesn't go through the cycle of death and rebirth which is why I'm confused why some insist that transmigration is reincarnation.)
  • Body possession means a soul steals control of a body from another soul.
  • Transported to another world means being summoned to another world, both body and soul.
  • Dimensional travel implies having full or partial control over the relocation.
Note: body can be (a living creature, an undead, an inanimate object, or) anything that can house a soul.
dimensional travel doesnt necessarily mean you have a semblance of control

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
look man, you're not some pseudo intelligent guy just because you made some parallels between a genre and a piece of media that nobody else made. if according by your logic harry potter and the deathly hallows is an isekai just because the dark lord reincarnated halfway through the story.

fuck off with this bullshit you're not changing minds. isekai is a story where a guy gets reincarnated somewhere else. hence the word isekai. another world if translated literally. timeline or anything else doesn't matter. it's another world through and through. aang is born in the world he's in, only fast forward in time.

if we're gonna go down the same logic then Grappler Baki is literally xuanhuan, along with Naruto because the idea of internal energy is definitely distinctively Chinese and has NEVER been used before in other cultures. it doesn't matter if they've only used some degree of Chinese mythology for inspiration or that they have no correlation whatsoever. if you can point at something and identify it as "Chi" then it's definitely xuanhuan. yeah, no flaw in the logic behind it.

avatar is a fantasy story through and through. that's it. you're not changing anybody's mind by drawing similarities between a piece of media and an unrelated definition. just because one puzzle piece fits doesn't mean it completes the picture.

"the author doesn't define his work" yeah, bet you're the kind that calls Naoto from Persona 4 transgender, huh

BenJepheneT

At this point I just think that crown fall is shitposting.

Let this thread get drown.:blob_thor:
I can't bring myself to believe it is because even if it's shitposting it's bait at its lowest tier. it's not some spark of discussion it's just making people angry. if I wanted to do that I would've spammed hard R N-words on twitter and it'll be easier than this bullshit. if crownfalltruly is shitposting he needs to up his game. you don't shitpost this intricately. somewhere deep down he probably believes his own words. if so we're dealing with a guy so up in his own ass he's speaking out shit fumes

jabathehut

Resident Troll
look man, you're not some pseudo intelligent guy just because you made some parallels between a genre and a piece of media that nobody else made. if according by your logic harry potter and the deathly hallows is an isekai just because the dark lord reincarnated halfway through the story.

fuck off with this bullshit you're not changing minds. isekai is a story where a guy gets reincarnated somewhere else. hence the word isekai. another world if translated literally. timeline or anything else doesn't matter. it's another world through and through. aang is born in the world he's in, only fast forward in time.

if we're gonna go down the same logic then Grappler Baki is literally xuanhuan, along with Naruto because the idea of internal energy is definitely distinctively Chinese and has NEVER been used before in other cultures. it doesn't matter if they've only used some degree of Chinese mythology for inspiration or that they have no correlation whatsoever. if you can point at something and identify it as "Chi" then it's definitely xuanhuan. yeah, no flaw in the logic behind it.

avatar is a fantasy story through and through. that's it. you're not changing anybody's mind by drawing similarities between a piece of media and an unrelated definition. just because one puzzle piece fits doesn't mean it completes the picture.

"the author doesn't define his work" yeah, bet you're the kind that calls Naoto from Persona 4 transgender, huh
Check thread, we already confirmed that naruto was a xuanhuan
1591509931576.png

jabathehut

Resident Troll

harry potter isnt isekai because the dark lord isnt the main character. if the dark lord was a main character then maybe. It definitely doesnt have any xuanhuan references though.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
harry potter isnt isekai because the dark lord isnt the main character. if the dark lord was a main character then maybe. It definitely doesnt have any xuanhuan references though.
No even if the dark lord was the main character it still wouldn't be isekai
Since Harry Potter just takes place on the magical side of this world
not an entirely different world

jabathehut

Resident Troll
"we"

it's you. only you. ever just you.
No way dude, naruto is literally about a ninja cultivating ninja power and learning ninja martial techniques inside of the hidden leaf sect.
No even if the dark lord was the main character it still wouldn't be isekai
Since Harry Potter just takes place on the magical side of this world
not an entirely different world
It is a differen't world he wakes up in though because time has progressed, just like in popular isekai ATLA.

BenJepheneT

No way dude, naruto is literally about a ninja cultivating ninja power and learning ninja martial techniques inside of the hidden leaf sect.
literally schizo

It is a differen't world he wakes up in though because time has progressed, just like in popular isekai ATLA.
it's a troll. it has to be. no one in this world can be this physically stupid. his brain is literally an air duct. a fucking pinwheel spinning on a wobbly screw

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
???
What's your definition of world?
That's different period in time, not a different world
If being in a different time period is considered isekai then is Jurrasic Park an isekai to you then?

jabathehut

Resident Troll
???
What's your definition of world?
That's different period in time, not a different world
If being in a different time period is considered isekai then is Jurrasic Park an isekai to you then?
Jurassic Park isn't an isekai there's no reincarnation. The dinosaurs aren't reincarnated they're just clones.