Preparing for SSSC III: Prompt Suggestions

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
As I've mentioned before on the SSSC II thread, for this competition, I'll be experimenting with using 3 different prompts to give the authors a variety of options. Now how do we select the prompt?

Well... you guys have the opportunity to suggest for this upcoming competition! Others can like your suggestions and I'll consider what's the most fitting, popular and appropriate for the competition.

Remember that the prompt can be an audio, a picture or a writing prompt!

Theme: Breaking from the mundane

kenkikishi

An artificial life created by UN scientists began to develop self-consciousness, it wonders why it is the only one in the tube, it wants to walk and talk, just like its 'friends', the scientists.

mrsimple

Writer
I've thought of two suggestions for the prompts, so far...

Prompt: Sibling Isekai
Two siblings, an older and younger one, are summoned to a royal court.
The older sibling is announced as the future hero who would save the kingdom, but first they must set them on a course of preparation in becoming powerful.
The younger sibling was summoned with the older sibling by accident. The younger, after realizing what happened, wants to go home, but the older wants to stick around and be the hero.
The royal court, favoring the older sibling, suggests having the younger live elsewhere until the older feels ready to return to their world.
Years would go by before the two would reunite. How would the two have changed in that time?

Prompt: Pedestrian Possession
Truck-kun strikes again, but didn't hit our "hero" hard enough to be propelled into another world.
In fact, the protagonist of this story never left the street... Oh, yeah, the main character is dead, but not gone.
And from the looks of it, one of the pedestrians who witnessed this hit and run may have been possessed by the not-so-far flung spirit!

Scribbler

I've thought of two suggestions for the prompts, so far...

Prompt: Sibling Isekai
Two siblings, an older and younger one, are summoned to a royal court.
The older sibling is announced as the future hero who would save the kingdom, but first they must set them on a course of preparation in becoming powerful.
The younger sibling was summoned with the older sibling by accident. The younger, after realizing what happened, wants to go home, but the older wants to stick around and be the hero.
The royal court, favoring the older sibling, suggests having the younger live elsewhere until the older feels ready to return to their world.
Years would go by before the two would reunite. How would the two have changed in that time?

Prompt: Pedestrian Possession
Truck-kun strikes again, but didn't hit our "hero" hard enough to be propelled into another world.
In fact, the protagonist of this story never left the street... Oh, yeah, the main character is dead, but not gone.
And from the looks of it, one of the pedestrians who witnessed this hit and run may have been possessed by the not-so-far flung spirit!
Love your stuff. But if I were the older sibling or younger sibling I feel like I wouldn't accept being separated since not only would they be the last of my family, but they would also be the last remnant of the other, original world.

And for your second prompt, halfway through reading it, I thought it might be the cliche story of "I need your help so I can pass on" sort of deal.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
As I've mentioned before on the SSSC II thread, for this competition, I'll be experimenting with using 3 different prompts to give the authors a variety of options. Now how do we select the prompt?

Well... you guys have the opportunity to suggest for this upcoming competition! Others can like your suggestions and I'll consider what's the most fitting, popular and appropriate for the competition.

Remember that the prompt can be an audio, a picture or a writing prompt!

Theme: Breaking from the mundane
Prompt 1:
You are summoned into another world as a genie in a bottle or lamp. The rules are: 1) You cannot fulfill your own wish; 2) You cannot raise the dead; 3) You can only fulfill exactly 3 wishes per owner; 4) Once one owner has fully used up their wishes, you get sent elsewhere randomly

You determine whether it's a comedy, tragedy or action. If you want to kill your owner, you can. It can be first person narrative or third person narrative.

Prompt 2:
You're a shop vendor at your own convenience store. There is a small service window to the side of the counter where people can purchase stuff in the middle of the night after you've locked down the door for safety reasons. One day you realize that this small window randomly connects to another world. Will you help people or will you charge people huge sums for modern stuff?

This is a service window. It's also commonly found in drive-throughs.

Bluebery

Serpent Keeper
Prompt 1:
Card game isekai.

Prompt 2:
Cancer.

Prompt 3:
Selling pancakes in another world.

lazyredragon

Prompt 3:
Selling pancakes in another world.
my top manga was based around this

mrsimple

Writer
Ya know, if I hadn't already an Egg story for the SSSC, I'd suggest an Easter themed prompt.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Okay so
  1. Based on a popular title - say, Pokemon, the scope can be narrow, like say "Red vs Gold" or wider like say, "document stuff about a pokemon" or "gen 8"
  2. A immortal explores the world (any kinds of world, authirs can assume that guy can travel to all sorts of world from normal earth to wacky settings like ngnl to say scifi k3 civilizations). They do so to write there own cultivation techique based on their experience. (again this has possibility of all kinds of genre)
  3. Managing a grand library (like the real big ones, one of the kind ones. Any kind of settings although I was thinking of magical-medieval settings and Gosick)

mrsimple

Writer
You are summoned into another world as a genie in a bottle or lamp. The rules are: 1) You cannot fulfill your own wish; 2) You cannot raise the dead; 3) You can only fulfill exactly 3 wishes per owner; 4) Once one owner has fully used up their wishes, you get sent elsewhere randomly

You determine whether it's a comedy, tragedy or action. If you want to kill your owner, you can. It can be first person narrative or third person narrative.
I kinda like this one. If you don't mind, even if it doesn't get chosen, I may actually write something with this.

AMissingLinguist

Missing member
I don't know what this is, but I do want to give ideas for a writing prompt.

Idea 1: A student is given the chance to live on the International Space Station and enjoy space.
Idea 2: An old person receives their greatest wish to experience life again with their loved ones who have died.
Idea 3: Natural disasters befall anyone who interacts with this human, but a being with great luck manages to overcome this curse and befriend this human for one day.

:blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie:

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I kinda like this one. If you don't mind, even if it doesn't get chosen, I may actually write something with this.
No problem. Go ahead. Ai-chan got this from a dream, but Ai-chan likely won't be writing it. So it's fine.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Prompt from my dream: You are a normal student studying at a normal high school. One day your mother gave you a ticket that she won from a lottery. It was a cruise ship. The day came and you are on the cruise yet low and behold. The cruise ship is filled with the most insane people on the planet. Will you survive?

mrsimple

Writer
This next possible prompt is a challenge that DaoFox presented for me to write, but I believe others could pick it up as well.

Prompt: Backseat Driver
In the backseat of the protagonist's car, a being materializes and speaks about how meaningless the driver's life has been. Eventually, the being informs the protagonist that if they don't flip their life around and change things, the being will change them until they are someone or something else that holds meaning in this world.

Added note: Oh, whaddya know. This is my hundredth post.

Last edited:

mrsimple

Writer
Bizarre Prompt:
"How to cook an egg"
the catch here is that authors must submit a fantasy version. Dark, humor, political, historical, tradgedy or however creative the author wants it to be.
I actually have been working on an egg cooking concept with a twist. XD

tak

You have been isekai'd and you want to recreate earth traditions on the new land. You wanna recreate easter. Problem is, the eggs-laying monster are either aquatic (unpaintable eggs) or dragons, and you need 100 painted eggs

mrsimple

Writer
You have been isekai'd and you want to recreate earth traditions on the new land. You wanna recreate easter. Problem is, the eggs-laying monster are either aquatic (unpaintable eggs) or dragons, and you need 100 painted eggs
That sounds like an adventure.