Your Secrets as a ScribbleHub User...

• Thread starter Deleted member 29316
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29316

Well, just as the title says, what are your secrets as a ScribbleHub User? It could be a dark secret, or something trivial. Mine would be...I do 5* bombing runs to encourage an author to write (with skimming through the work first, of course), irregardless whether I like the genre or not.

My reason for that is, if I liked the work, it's a 5*. If not, then I wouldn't rate at all, and contact the author about what I don't like.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'm the opposite. Whenever I feel down I go to the most popular works in the trending tab and read the negative reviews. It isn't seeing my competition crippled that gets me going but knowing there's potential readers I can reel in.

"Hey, I heard you don't like this. Well, MY story don't got that shit. Try mine instead!"

D

Deleted member 29316

I'm the opposite. Whenever I feel down I go to the most popular works in the trending tab and read the negative reviews. It isn't seeing my competition crippled that gets me going but knowing there's potential readers I can reel in.

"Hey, I heard you don't like this. Well, MY story don't got that shit. Try mine instead!"
A great way to also know what the readers like or don't like in a genre.

iamaducklingwriter

Well, just as the title says, what are your secrets as a ScribbleHub User? It could be a dark secret, or something trivial. Mine would be...I do 5* bombing runs to encourage an author to write (with skimming through the work first, of course), irregardless whether I like the genre or not.
My dark secret would be...

muttering curses every time I upload chapter because I still don't know how to put pictures.

CL

Well, just as the title says, what are your secrets as a ScribbleHub User? It could be a dark secret, or something trivial. Mine would be...I do 5* bombing runs to encourage an author to write (with skimming through the work first, of course).
Some people would (and will) say that can be worse than one-star trolling.

I don't know what it is, but I am attracted to negative reviews. I look to see if any story has them and then read the actual story in search for these negatives. In some, I found the negative reviewer to be full of shit (most of the others were right on the mark, sadly).

muttering curses every time I upload chapter because I still don't know how to put pictures.
I believe there is a tutorial that could guide you through that process (maybe?).
Wait, a bit...I got a tutorial for that...
See! Told you. :blob_happy:

As for me? I would follow many ScribbleHub authors and mark down their stories as something I am reading (aka: bookmarked), but I've yet to take a peek at a single word (I've got a lot of catching up to do).

D

Deleted member 29316

Some people would (and will) say that can be worse than one-star trolling.
Well, before I bomb it, I skim through the work and if I liked it, I'll bomb with 5*.

• Haha
Reactions: CL
D

Deleted member 29316

At least you are positive towards them. :blob_cookie:
Yah, I know what it feels like to be bombed with 1*, so I don't want to pass that to others. If I didn't like the work, I'd simply pass over and/or leave a comment of what I didn't like for the author to read.

Also, I kind of forgot the title of the tutorial I made about uploading pictures in SH...>.<

D

Deleted member 29316

Here you go!
@OkuraTsukiko

Last edited by a moderator:

CL

Here you go!

I was going to suggest Yorth's guide. There are two threads containing a tutorial on using ScribbleHub's Text Editor.

D

Deleted member 29316

I was going to suggest Yorth's guide. There are two threads containing a tutorial on using ScribbleHub's Text Editor.
Ah yes! That too! Better than mine! @iamaducklingwriter

CL

Go on, I'm just watching you.....( This is my dark secret, silently lurking in the dark...) 😎😑🤐😶
Okay! I'll find these guides in just a...

Here we are. :blobthumbsup:
Writing - Writing Guide Part 1: How to Publish Your Own Story
Writing - Writing Guide Part 2: How to use the In-Built ScribbleHub Text Editor Effectively

D

Deleted member 5560

Mine would be...I do 5* bombing runs to encourage an author to write (with skimming through the work first, of course), irregardless whether I like the genre or not.

My reason for that is, if I liked the work, it's a 5*. If not, then I wouldn't rate at all, and contact the author about what I don't like.
This is really cute wtf.

My dark secret is... I'm only logged into SHF, not the main site, so I can read stories privately without my account showing up on "recent readers".

CL

This is really cute wtf.

My dark secret is... I'm only logged into SHF, not the main site, so I can read stories privately without my account showing up on "recent readers".
I wasn't aware of that feature. It tracks which corners you've been peeking around? :blob_hide:

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
I have no secrets! I am as pure naked as in my birthday suit.

I like everyone here, I love jerks that makes me can have a decent argument with them, we got wholesome peoples here that keeps your heart melted, and we got the trollers that paint your face with a smile.

:D

D

Deleted member 5560

I wasn't aware of that feature. It tracks which corners you've been peeking around? :blob_hide:
Yep! It's on the statistics page of every story:
1607848941732.png

Shows both the latest chapter they read and how long ago.
1607848902333.png

CL