Evaluation
CURRENTLY UNEVALUATED!

Character: Reciful the innocent malice
Lvl: 2 ( 30/600)
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: Delivering Package

++++​

Within the always busy Adventurer guild post office.

A other worldly beauty Loli with black Hair, & Obsidian eyes. Wearing a plain white one piece dress. A visage that completely betrays what occupation she has... A Adventurer.....She Is currently in the middle of accepting a large amount of package with her tiny arms.

Guild employee A :...Are you really sure about this? Reciful-chan?... You can accept other quest, you know? If you want, you can help Onee-san! & together we organizing all those troublesome quest report papers, in here inside the guild office?... You don't want?.. we have cookies in here you know?

Reciful "The Eldritch Abomination" : ...*sways head side ways*...(Reciful, can, do, Reciful, Will do Delivery! )

Reciful sways her head in disapproval & said she can do it by writing in a sheet of a black paper. what she wants to convey.

Guild Employee A:.... Ahh~ you write in a paper now? Ahhh~ look your hand writing is clumsy Soooo adorable!....Ah... Noo~ dont be frustrated Reciful-chan~.... What I meant all you do is cute after all~...your new way of Speaking without forcing telepathy upon other people is so cute!!.... But....Why did you change it Reciful-chan?..... Onee-san don't mind if you keep speaking through her brain all day You know~? Soo why? Why? wHy??.....Did SomEtHiNg? HapPend????..TeLL it to OnEe-san!?

Reciful pick up the package while the female guild employee keep mumbling words, leaving the building to do her quest today.

Guild Employee B!:....pai....se....SENPAI!!!

Guild Employee A:.... Reciful-chan~...!!?? She gone!?...Reciful-chan!...where are you!!!???

Guild Employee B:...She already leave long ago!!.. come back to your sense already!!... Also senpai.. your aware she is that infamous Black Monstrosity right? Senpai?..hey..Senp--

Guild employee A:...Reciful-chan~ Reciful-chan~ Come back to Onee-san okey? Reciful-chan~

Guild employee B:...........Amagad~(Oh my god~):blob_blank:

... Reciful merrily do her quest oblivious of the Yanderefication currently happening to a certain female Guild employee........& Few others.

++++

Reciful safely Delivered the first package! Its in a large mansion inside the forest! Soooo many people! Even thought its deep within the forest! Amazing!

Reciful pass the box containing many weapons, gold coins & other stuffs! To the leader person!

For some reason they try to detain Reciful?.. they said things like...

" Hey little want to play with us ehehehe"
" Since you knew our secret method..."
" thanks little girl.. but you won't go anywhere"
" Mind playing with all of us? Ehehehe"
" I'll Rape this loli"
" lets sell her after having fun"

But Reciful is a busy person! Blocking Reciful is a Big No No!, Reciful have no time to play with them!... So Reciful Humbly Persuasive declining to them using Reciful's "voice" & Since Reciful felt bad turning down their playing invitation! Reciful make them play game with Reciful Shadow

I'm sure they have fun! Aha ahahahaha!!

Reciful went from the deep inside the forest to a really large lake!! It sooo beautiful here!! Reciful like this place very much!

Someone is singing, the voice is sooo beautiful! The song came from the lady in middle of the lake, she is dancing while standing in the water Amazing!!!

The singing lady is so beautiful, as if she is the Embodiment of the lake itself which is so serene!. With her long curly blue hair shining in the sunlight, Blue eyes as if gems, & mature beauty.... But Reciful wonder why is she dancing all naked?..

" To think that there will be a day that a Demonic Outer God would come to deliver a package to me?.... The world may perhaps gone insane? "

She said so, as the lady accepted the package from Reciful... Oh right! She asked Reciful to show to her Reciful true form & she did not go mad amazing! Reciful pass the package to her while in true form!!

" Seriously!? How idiotic, useless is that piece of S**t to use mortal organization such as the Adventurer guild to deliver his marriage proposal to me!?!... No mortal can find me no matter what.. that bastard got lucky that you Reciful the one who somehow Delivered it to me or else no one could. "

The lady said so while looking at Reciful direction with pitying eyes. & Said " Sorry Reciful you got dragged by that bastard Idiocracy "

" Anyway for the 110,387th time I decline that asshole marriage proposal.... NEVER OVER MY DEAD BODY.... Mmm there is some kind of tracking spell in this package?.. I can't seems to dispell it, why is that Maggot wasting time on pointless things instead of helping us managing this world as one of the Administrators(Gods)...... Ufufu-ufufufufu... fortunately he is not the only one who got lucky this time "

" Reciful... This package contain harmful contents, I know you oath to protect the package & you did Reciful...BUT!.. Delivering a harmful object may became a fault that lead for you failing your quest?...... So if you don't mind.. will you help me get rid of this? Your the only one who can dispose of this. would you help this lady for the sake of the completion of your quest? "

Reciful gladly destroyed the package from existence!!

Its already afternoon! Reciful went back to the city & onward the the graveyard! Wow there is sooooo many ghost!

Reciful pass the last package to the old man tending the graves.

" Ohohoho... Little girl are you the Deliverer from the guild this time? Despite being so young, you work hard... How admirable of you "

The old man said so... PRAISE Reciful more!!

" I have been protecting this place for the last 40 years as its grave keeper, & every month I never fail to receive a mysterious letters from a unknown sender for the past 40 years at all "

Suddenly the old man started telling a tale.... Reciful wonder why! Perhaps old people likes to talk a lot!

" It all started when my daughter a Adventurer like you...My daughter Olivia died... She meets a unfortunate fate in the hand of Goblins...a horrible fate "

The old man look up in the sky & said so with a gloomy face as he watches the gently passing afternoon clouds

" I lost the will to live after that incident & continue doing my work automatically... Then a month after that Letters of unknown sender suddenly comes... The letter does not contain any words at all but somehow they felt nostalgic & it keep me from killing myself... This letter help me hold on for the past 40 yrs... That's why little girl thank you for Delivering this to me... Im really really grateful "

Hmph praise Reciful more!!!

Reciful went home after that...

But.. Reciful wonder if Reciful should have told the old grave keeper? Reciful can see Many thing that cannot be perceived by others, so Reciful see it full well...Reciful knew where those letter came from..

Behind the old man a blond haired woman with white wings is hugging him. She thanked Reciful for Delivering her letter to her father.

Yes!! Praise Reciful More!!!

Signed: Reciful the Eldritch Abomination
That report of yours...sounds interesting. Well they have already confirmed your delivery. So here's your promised rewards,

Final Reward:
100 Exp
20 G

Epsil

> > >
Office Work
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >

Vysic found office work pretty easy. With his background as his dad's assistant/free child labour, he was able to quickly sort files, and process papers. He found reading quest reports boring though. Some made sense, some didn't.

At the end of the day, He finished his job and slinked away

Huh, a such short report. Well we have already gotten confirmation from the office so we'll be giving your promised rewards. Speaking of which here you go.

Final Rewards:
35 Exp
10 G

Last edited:

Silver

Evaluation
UNAPPRAISED

~~~Me and Gobo scoured and searched the market area today, for slimes. We only found 3 near general store and 2 near the grocery store. After, we started asking nearby citizens if they had seen any nearby slimes that needed to by subjugated. Luckily we had a few people ask for our help and led us to their houses, we found our next slime's 4 this way. While collecting slimes cores, we started to notice that a few more slimes then usually were actual trying to get into the sewers. We successfully acquired 6 slime cores from waiting nearby the sewers entrance and waiting for slimes to come to us. It looks like something is going on with the sewers, hopefully you send someone to figure it out. Also hopefully it wouldn't be to consequence that I will be keeping the extra 5 slime cores for my own experiments.

End Report ~~~

Me and Gobo wake up and go down the tavern to have ourselves breakfast. We have usually rowdy crowd of people, but it started feeling the norm, I guess. We eventually set off towards the Adventurers Guild, still deciding on what to choose today. I wouldn't want to go through what we went through near the Twin-Flower field again. Me and Gobo enter the Adventurer Guild and start searching for a quest and asking the receptionist for any help that she could give us. With the help of receptionist, we decided on to take the Slime Subjugation quest. It was easy enough for new adventure and it helped with new one's get acclimated to fighting monsters. The only thing we needed to do this quest now is a weapon for Gobo and asked the receptionist to mark our map where the local blacksmith was located at. With that we set-off to the local blacksmith, hopefully to find something for Gobo in return.

We get to the blacksmith and set our eyes on the new shiny weapons on sale. However we also see the prices of these new weapons, something we couldn't afford to buy with our current gold. We try to ask the staff if they had anything cheaper for sell, but unfortunately he told us they just melted down must of there chipped and broken weapons today and too try again later. Me and Gobo left saddened. I had to think of somewhere else where we could acquire Gobo a good piece of equipment for cheap."Hmm...Genial should know". We set off too Genial's store, in hopes that he could help us. Even may be today I had to use that favor card for something today.

"HAHA, the famous duo of Plant and Goblin, what do I owe on this arrival" Genial pronounces throughout the store. I tell of him our problem about Gobo needing a weapon for quest. We see Genial think for a second. "Ah! An easy problem for I the Genial!". He ask if I still had that favor card he gave to us, I answered yes. "Yes just for that favor card I could help you acquire a weapon. Even a Shield!" Genial explained. I answered as fast as I could with Light and let Gobo take out the Favor Card and give it Genial. We saw Genial take the card and go into the back of the store for a while. When he came out, he brought out a smaller then usual buckler with a very short sword carrying it. "Yes the finest should for our duo!". We gladly accepted the small buckler and sword, Gobo the most excited. "Thank you Genial" I wrote out. While Genial had to go too take care of something else, Gobo tried on it's new equipment. Gobo equipment was a perfect fit... almost too perfect? I asked a nearby staff member, on why Genial had a set of of very small shield and sword. The staff explained that Genial once had a failed sales pitch about smaller equipment and about how cheaper it would be to buy and maintain. The one's we had were some of the leftover product he had laying around. Gobo and I were gobsmacked. Well.... At least it fits Gobo fine I guess. Now that we have everything prepared, it was time to start our Slime Subjugation quest!

As were about to leave for Genial's store, a staff memeber got our attention and saw our conversation about our quest with Genial. He explain that a couple of slimes were making a problem for the store and asked if we could take of out it, I answered immediately that we could. The staff member led us towards the back of the building and there we saw 3 slimes just lodging around some boxes covered up. I tell the staff member to go back inside the store and Gobo to wait for me to grab the slime's attention with my Light Magic, so that Gobo could go for the finishing blow. Gobo places me on a nearby box and hides in wait. We being and I try to hit the closest slime as hard as I can with a Whip of Light I conjured up. As I imagined, my attack did to little nothing damage, but at least it got the attention of the slime. The first slime started crawling it's way towards me , just as I wanted. It was getting closer and closer to me, but near Gobo's hiding spot as well. Finally it was close enough, Gobo emerged from his hiding spot and stabbed toward the slime. The shocked slime couldn't react in-time and fell before it could retaliate. It was I and Gobo's first kill. Now we just had to do the same thing 2 more times.

We walk back to the store and show the staff member 3 cores we acquired from the slimes at the back. The staff member thanks us and we set off to find more slimes. I thought that since Genial had slimes may be some other stores had the same problems, so I started walking among the market street and talking to some of the store's staff member to see if they need any help with slimes. Cecila's store had 2 slime and we cleared those out easily, but that was the only store that had any problems. So it was off to look somewhere else for slime cores.

I decided to look around the residential area of the town, to see if any civilians have seen or need help with their slime problems. We walked too the big plaza of the residential area. We notice that people are still weary of Gobo and I, so I told Gobo to take out my Adventurer's Guild Card. I held my Guild Card with Light and also wrote in the air "Helping with slime trouble's. BigGreen&Gobo". We still didn't get any request from the civilians, but at least they weren't that weary from us now. "Hey, Mr. Plant!" a little girl shouted. I saw the little girl and wrote out if she needed any help with dealing with slimes. "Yes! My mommy has been trying to get rid of the slime in our house". I say to her that we could help and eventually she leads us to her house. Her mother's shock when she saw her daughter leading along a goblin holding a plant was quite something. The little girl and I eventually tell her mother that I am here to eliminate her slime problem. The mother leads me too her backyard, showing us a slime crawling just on the shingles of the house. She tells me she has no way to get it down and it has been up there all morning. I tell the mother and daughter to go back in the house and me and Gobo will take care of it. I tell Gobo to get into position and start hiding nearby. When I notice that Gobo is in place, I start to form a bubble of Light around the slime and try to drag it down from the roof. It was quite hard to just try to move the slime, but eventually it falls from the roof. Gobo easily attacks and finishes off the stunned slime and we acquire another slime core. We go back to the front of the house and show them the slime core. "Thank you both for the help and thankfully it wasn't a sewer slime" the mother sighed. We set off to the residential plaza again and try too see if we could help any citizens again. We still had troubles, but however thanks to a little girls enthusiasm about Mr.Plant and Gobo being good people. A few people finally came by about there slime troubles and we eventually acquired another 3 slime cores. We waited at the plaza a little bit longer, but it seemed that no one else needed help. So me and Gobo left to look elsewhere, we also thanked the little girl for the help and told her to get home safely.

I noticed that the people we helped with their slime trouble's always expressed their concerns about slimes about sewers. So I suggested to Gobo that we go and check near the entrance of the Sewers to see if we could get our last slime core near there. I check our map and eventually arrive at the sewer entrance. To our surprise we already see a slime trying to crawl into the sewer entrance. I tell Gobo to do our usual Slime Procedure and to let Gobo hide first. However this time, when I tried to get it's attention with my Light Whip. It didn't bother with me and kept it's slow crawl towards the sewer entrance. We needed a new plan to deal with slime. I told Gobo to get ready to Shield Bash the slime to stun it and then I would try to hold it down with my Light magic, so that Gobo could go for the finishing blow. "1...2...3 GO!". Gobo leapt from his hiding spot and bashed his shield against the slime. The slime got tossed and slammed against the nearby sewer entrance wall and I cast light to try and bind the slime as much as I could. Gobo quickly slashes and kills the slime successfully. "Good job Gobo". We finally have our 10 slime cores, but before our celebration we noticed another slime coming towards the sewer entrance. I guessed that we even though we finished the quest, we might as well deal with the problems. Also I remembered that receptionist talk about how twin-flowers and slime cores were a base of healing potions. I might as well pick a few up for myself and see if i could make something as well. Me and Gobo go with our #2 Slime combo and deal with another 5 slimes and acquire 5 more slime cores. We eventually don't see anymore slimes come towards the sewer entrance, so I decided to was time to return back to the Adventurer's Guild.

We get the Adventurer's Guild and turn in our quest successfully, we also explain the odd situation about the sewer entrance. The receptionist takes note of the strange occurrence and we leave for the Tavern. We finally get a time to rest and fill our stomachs. After dinner we pay Pierre for today's Room and Board and head up to our room. Gobo take's off his new equipment slowly, not wanting to mess it up more then today. I tell Gobo to take a good rest today because tomorrow we will try the Slime Subjugation again. Gobo is quite excited by this and quickly falls asleep on the bed. I look out the window and fall to asleep thinking about tomorrow's adventure.

X Big Green & Gobo
Today's Inventory
-Genial's Favor Card
+ 1 Very small buckler
+ 1 Very short sword

+ 5 Slime cores

-10g Room and Board
Well there's nothing in the guild rules that says anything against pocketing extra slime cores so I say you're in the green with that one. Anyways that's enough from me here's your promised rewards.

Final Reward:
75 Exp
10 G

Silver

Evaluation
QUEST REPORT: Unappraised

After the rather intense and exhausting last few quests, I pick something that should be easier. The goblin subjugation should be easy - what can those tiny creatures do? It's a bit of a shame that my brass knuckles got destroyed in the last quest, but that was just a minor miscalculation. Nothing that really matters.

I pick up my equipment again and start moving north to the forest. While goblins seem to be essentially everywhere, they are quite common in the forest - at least according to statistics. As I walk along the road, I feel exalted - having deceived a whole criminal gang, playing them like puppets. Dignified I march on, a noticeable but subdued skip in my step that perfectly accentuates my noble nature and happiness.

2 hours and 42 minutes after leaving the City I arrive at the forest. A quick scan of the area doesn't reveal any traces of goblin activity, so I head deeper inside. Merely 4 minutes and 11 seconds later, I notice a goblinoid footprint in the mud. It does not seem to be very old, so there must be at least one goblin nearby. I let my gaze swerve around to check for traps or ambushes, but don't see anything, so I follow the footstep.

It seems this goblin is decent at hiding its tracks, as following it proves a challenge. However, with its meager skill, it never stood a chance at escaping my senses. 3 minutes and 49 seconds later, I can see the goblin's back. The goblin is hunched over, probably carrying something as it sneaks through the forest. I simply take my bar of iron and walking stick and transmute them into a spear. With the length of this weapon, a goblin without a ranged weapon doesn't even have the chance of injuring me.

With the spear readied, I charge at the goblin. Hearing my steps it turns around, but I am already too close for it to react properly. I impale its chest with my spear, the momentum of my charge driving the entire tip into the goblin's body. With a dismissive kick, I push it off the spear and watch its dying breaths from a safe distance. I also take this time to observe what exactly it was carrying. Something bundled up in cloth, as far as I can tell.

As the goblin finally dies its arm grows weak, allowing the bundle to roll off the corpse. The contents surprise me - it is a goblin child. A pleasant surprise. I drive my spear through its weak skull, instantly killing it before I harvest the ears of both goblins. That's 2 of 3 pairs. Time to resume my search.

14 minutes and 31 seconds later, I chance upon a group of 2 goblins. Probably a group of scouts. After analyzing the route they are likely going to take, I hide behind a tree they are going to pass and wait patiently as their steps grow closer, calculating their distance from me with the noise their steps make. Once they are directly next to the tree I step out and thrust the spear into the neck of a goblin, giving it a mortal wound.

But this time, I see an unpleasant surprise. A group of 14 goblins appears in my field of view, taking the same path as the scouts. I would like to say that I heroically fight them and win. However, I simply yank back my spear, rip the ears off the corpse that is falling towards me, and start running towards the city while safely stashing the ears in a pocket.

As I run, I notice additional goblin reinforcements trying to cut off my path to the city. A rough calculation of our speed shows me that I'm not making it out that way. Using the next tree as a jumping pad, I start to change the direction I run towards to the left while keeping most of my speed, rushing off towards the river.

4 minutes and 22 seconds later I reach the river, the surprisingly fast goblins right on my heels. I leap, cancel the transmutation while I'm in the air and hold on tight to my iron and stick as I plummet into the water, quickly sinking low due to the additional weight of the iron bar. As the current carries me on I slowly sink lower and lower while keeping an attentive eye out for any goblins that might jump in as well.

But luck seems to be on my side as they seem to follow the river while waiting for me to resurface. Fools. I don't even need to breathe. As I reach the bottom of the river I simply start marching onward while determining my current position with the bends the river takes. After exactly 1 hour of marching, I resurface, the goblins long gone. From then on it is a relaxing walk of 1 hour and 18 minutes until I arrive at the city and deliver the ears along with my report.

I should use the river as a means of transportation more often in the future. Makes things faster.
Wait, you don't need to bre-. Wait why am I surprised we already have a bunch of people with super strength and magic this shouldn't be a big deal. Here's the promised rewards.

Final Rewards:
150 Exp
10 G

Silver

Evaluation
Quest Report

It was the next night after Liana had revealed her...dietary requirements to Hejlikka and Julrik. After the hugging session had concluded, the female elf had dragged the new-born vampire to the house and immediately started cleaning the ground floor bedroom and making the bed for her new housemate. It was almost dawn when the work was done, and they both went to sleep so they could be refreshed for the next night's work.

Entering the guild building, Liana went to the desk and asked for permission to do the Tax collection job - by recommendation of Hejlikka. She'd told her that it would be a good way to see more of the city while learning about the different kinds of people who lived in it.

"Here you go." The receptionist handed a sheet of paper that held the requirements for the quest:

"Here's a list of the people who need the most urgent attention."

"Thank you!" Liana smiled gently as she took the papers.

"Ah, this is also to help show proof of you working for the guild in case anyone questions your authority." The receptionist handed a signed certificate detailing the level of authority Liana would have while doing the task.

"Again, thank you."

"Don't mention it. It's my job, after all." The receptionist smiled before looking to the next customer.

Leaving the desk, Liana read through the list of people she needed to visit before looking at the map the receptionist provided to show the locations of each client. Seeing that the closest client was only a few streets away from the guild, Liana headed that way first; her wine bottle left in the house for safe keeping. Reaching the building with a modest appearance, Liana knocked on the door of her first client.

The door swung open after a minute of silence, where a tall and burly man covered in soot stood before Liana with an annoyed expression. "What do you want?" He asked.

Smiling gently, Liana replied while holding out her certificate and task details: "I'm running errands for the Adventurer's Guild and was tasked with collecting overdue taxes." She showed an embarrassed smile as she continued, "I'm afraid...your name was on the list, Blacksmith Arron, sir."

The man rubbed his chin as he thought about what he'd heard, before saying, "Hold on while I check my account books." After a few minutes, he returned while carrying a plain book full of numbers. Flicking through the pages, he found what he was looking for and shook his head, before showing Liana. "You see, I'm a little confused, Miss. As you can see, someone came to collect my taxes three weeks ago and I rightly went and paid her."

"Eh...?" Liana showed a surprised expression, as she read the account book and - indeed - the writing clearly stated he'd paid a tax collector at the usual time. Feeling unsure of what to do, Liana wryly smiled before asking, "Could you tell me who this tax collector was? Or what she looked like, Mr Arron?"

Arron frowned at this, clearly frustrated with this situation, before thinking about that time before blushing a little, "Ah...it was a really pretty half-elf. Really big bangers and some really plump-looking lips. Hehe, she even kissed my cheek after I paid her the taxes, too."

"Oh? Did you happen to get her name at all? If this is really the case, then the guild will need to look into who came here so they can figure out why you were listed as overdue."

The burly man thought about it some more while sweating a bit - seemingly getting nervous about this odd situation. "Um...I kind of don't really remember her name...I wasn't really listening to her introduction at the time..." He blushed even more as he recalled how he was too busy focusing on the half-elf's chest when he saw her.

"...I see..." Liana looked despondent over this, before looking at the account book and having a thought, "Um...is it okay if I borrow your account book to show the guild? This case is really too strange and an investigation will need to be made; with this evidence, you'll not be in such a sticky situation..."

The blacksmith hung his head as he realised how much trouble he might get into if he was accused of evading taxes, and so handed the account book to the young woman while apologising.

"It's not your fault, sir. There must be a logical explanation for all of this! I'll not disturb your evening any longer than I have. Bye!" She then left while waving at the man, trying to show a sincere smile in a bid to make him feel reassured that this problem would be sorted out.

Carrying the account book in her arms, along with the papers, Liana looked at the list for the next client and headed for the noble district. Upon reaching the mansion that the client lived in, she was halted by the guards at the gate.

"Halt! What business do you have here?" One of the guards asked with a stern expression.

Liana smiled gently as she held out the task and certificate, "I was sent by the Adventurer Guild to collect overdue taxes. The list they provided has Lord Borcroft on it."

The guards looked at the documents before glancing at one another. One of them nodded to the other, who then left through the gate and headed for the mansion. "Wait while we inform the lord of your arrival, Miss."

"Of course." She smiled in compliance.

Ten minutes later the guard returned and whispered in the other guard's ear before looking at Liana. "The Lord will see you. Follow me." He then led the way, not waiting to see if Liana was following, or not.

In a modestly furnished room, Liana was offered a seat before Lord Borcroft entered with an embarrassed expression. "I am so sorry for keeping you waiting, I was having a meeting with the heads of staff about things that needed my attention." He held out his hand to offer a handshake, before gently kissing the back of Liana's hand. He sat down at his desk and smiled while looking at Liana, "I hear I've been a naughty man and forgotten to pay my taxes."

"Ah, yes...At least, that's what this list has told me, sir."

"Then, please, allow me check my account books in order to make doubly sure."

"Of course, sir. I wouldn't wish for you to suffer a mistake in administration."

"Thank you." Lord Borcroft smiled gently before motioning for his servant to collect the necessary documents.

After waiting a few minutes, the servant returned while carrying several thick books. Placing them on the desk, he took one from the pile and set it in front of his master. Nodding to and thanking the servant, the lord opened the book and began flicking to the month when the taxes should have been paid. Finding the correct page, he looked up and looked embarrassed.

"My deepest apologies, Miss. I really did forget to pay the taxes. I'd been so busy that month that it completely slipped my mind. Gerald!"

"Yes, my Lord?" The servant responded.

Lord Borcroft wrote on a piece of paper and signed it, before handing it to the servant, "Take this to the treasurer and tell them to withdraw the amount on here and send it to me at once, please."

"Of course, my Lord." The servant bowed before leaving the room.

"Ah, where have my manners gone! You've been sitting here for so long and I haven't even offered you refreshments!"

"Ah...there's really no need, sir." Liana wryly smiled at the thought of food and drink being offered, "I'm not hungry or thirsty, so you don't need to go to the effort." She smiled gently.

"If you say so, Miss. Though...do tell me if you change your mind."

"Of course, sir."

After twenty minutes of waiting, with some light conversation between the two, the servant eventually returned with a large bag full of money.

"Ah, here it is! Thank you, Gerald."

"Not at all, my Lord."

Handing the bag to Liana, Lord Borcroft insisted on her counting the money out to ensure it was all there before escorting her to the gate himself. "Please, if you ever need help with anything in the future, don't hesitate to ask. Although my fellow nobles seem to be more inclined to deepen their own pockets, I prefer to try and better everyone's lives."

"Thank you, sir. I'll be sure to keep your kindness in mind." Liana smiled back before leaving through the gate. Checking the list for the next location, Liana lugged the bag of money in her arms along with the account book, wondering if she should get a bag for carrying things in the future or not...

Reaching her next destination, she found herself outside another modest-looking building. The only problem with it was that the door was off its hinges, the windows were messed up, and there was a clear layer of dust covering the surfaces inside.

"..."

Stepping inside after knocking the door for several minutes, Liana searched the building for any clues as to where the owner could be. Every room had furniture overturned, with muddy footprints all over the floor as if a fight had broken out at some point in this place. After being in every room - which was a total of three - Liana couldn't find any hints as to where the owner was. Leaving the house, she looked for any neighbours in the area and suddenly realised that the street was exceptionally quiet with not a single person to be found.

"..."

Not feeling comfortable about this, Liana knocked on all of the unhinged doors of every house on the street and found the same scene as the client's home. With a chill creeping over her, Liana didn't want to stay in the area any more and so ran away but not before finding a necklace with a strange dragon-claw emblem on it hidden behind one of the doors. Picking it up, she placed it inside the bag of money and planned on informing the guild about it when she wrote her report.

Seeing that she couldn't collect the overdue taxes from this person, Liana internally wrote a question mark next to their name (Clarence Hackley) on the list before going towards the slum area for the last two people. As she walked to the location on the map, Liana felt like the area looked familiar but didn't know why. Reaching the shack that was the home of her fourth client, she was about to knock on the door when it opened and a scruffy-looking man stepped out with a spring in his step while fastening the front of his bottoms.

"..."

"???" The man paused when he noticed Liana, before shouting over his shoulder to the inside, "Ling Ling! Yer've goranuva cust'mer! Di'n' know yer wen' fer women too!" He then greedily looked at Liana's body and bag of money before leaving.

"Wha' ya goin' on abah'?" A skinny, middle-aged woman came out with messy hair and a revealing outfit; some old and new white stains could be seen on the top parts of her skirt. The woman saw Liana, the bag of money and what looked like an account book and grimaced. "Ah...ya one o' them tax collectors?"

Liana smiled gently while looking embarrassed, before replying, "Yes, I was sent here to collect overdue taxes by the Adventurer Guild."

Ling Ling stuck her finger in her mouth absentmindedly and pulled out some short hairs from her teeth and tongue, "Uh-huh, so?"

"Unfortunately, your name was on the list of people I was given..." Liana glanced sideways in embarrassment, "It would be much appreciated if we could settle this amicably, Miss Ling Ling..."

The woman stared at Liana with her arms crossed for a few seconds, before sighing in annoyance and pulling out a bag of coins from her cleavage and throwing it at the young woman's face. "Yer in luck tha'rah jus' took in some extra clien's terday. There's tha money! Nah scram!" She slammed the rickety door drawing the ire of some of the neighbours who overheard the conversation.

Smiling wryly, Liana picked up the small bag of money and checked its contents to make sure it was the right amount, before putting the bag inside the larger bag to make it easier to carry. Checking the location for the last house and seeing it was quite literally opposite Ling Ling's, Liana sighed internally before moving over and knocking on the door.

"..."

There was no response for quite a few minutes, so she knocked again and got the same result. As she was lifting her hand to knock for the third time, a malnourished kid wearing hardly anything shouted over, "They lef' tha city a foo days ago cos they ran ou' ov money and got evicted by the Crimson Coins!"

"Eh...?" Liana turned to look at the kid and felt like he seemed familiar to someone but wasn't too sure, "What are the Crimson Coins?"

"They only rule tha bloomin' place aroun'ere! Lady, ya bes' be leavin'ere if ya don' wan' tha Crimson Coins comin'ere ta deal wi' ya!" The kid then ran off to another dilapidated shack where a familiar weary-looking muscled man picked him up and took him inside.

"..."

Realising that she couldn't do much about this client either, Liana took heed of the advice the kid had given and headed back to the guild.
Finishing up her quest report, she handed it in to the receptionist along with all of the items - being sure to separate them from each other to avoid mixing them up.

- Handed in Blacksmith Arron's account book detailing the transactions dealt within the year - showing he'd paid his taxes
- Handed in Lord Borcroft's overdue tax money
- Handed in necklace with a dragon-claw emblem from third location

X
Huh, the cults and gangs around here are becoming more and more active. Anyways good job on your quest and here's your promised rewards.

Final Reward:
125 Exp
10 G

Silver

Evaluation
QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)
Quest Report (36)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 8 (7180/7200)
Quest: Be my champion~!
Evaluation:
  • Jakob surrendered
  • Was super boring
For the first time in months, Felicia decided to take a trip back to Scribel. Although a little fed up with the dreary lifestyle in the mountains, where the pressure of war and death was ever present, the main reason she decided to head back was for Sable. It wasn't fair for her to be caged up all the time, she wanted her to be able to fly freely in the skies. There were some things she wanted to deal with back in the region anyway, as there had been recent rumours of rising gangs and organizations that she felt she should take a look at.

The wind rushed past invigoratingly as she rode atop Sable's back, flying freely in the clouds above Gelderholm. After playing around a bit and doing barrel rolls, the pair finally swerved down the mountains, towards the primarily grassland region that was Scribel. Although they were much faster flying through the air, they still had to camp in forests and the like for a few days before reaching the nostalgic city.

Scribel looked exactly the same as she remembered; quaint and peaceful, a stark contrast to Gelderholm. After spending half a day hunting with Sable and visiting Folke's family, she felt it was time to take a look at the newer quests in the tavern. After scanning through the guild-sponsored quests, and noting down the Slumber Jelly quest for later, a quest sponsored by an old acquaintance, the 'head' of the community service department here in Scribel, Julrik, caught her eye.

He's got himself in trouble once again huh. Felicia thought wryly as she remembered the friendly personality and fondness of women that fellow had. But, she did owe him a favour, and since no one had taken even one of the duels on his behalf, she decided the least she could do was help him out a bit. And before anyone gets any wild ideas, the favour she owed him was not promiscuous in any way, he simply took her to an expensive restaurant a while back. That was all. It's not like Felicia would have let him do anything anyway.

After scanning the list for an appropriate sparring partner, whilst deciding to abandon the optional reward of humiliating her opponent unless he deserved it, she randomly picked the elf archer since he didn't seem too hard to deal with. Naturally, he must have his ways to keep his distance from his opponents, but for an all rounder who prioritized swift melee attacks like herself she didn't think he'd be much trouble. Since he only recently achieved rank E, she had even less to worry about, as she was slowly approaching her rank D exam. Finalizing the quest application process, she leisurely spent the next few days relaxing in Scribel before her duel.

Donned in her usual leather armour and dark robes, Felicia stood with her blade unsheathed as she stared unwaveringly at her opponent. A tall elf wearing glasses glared vengefully back, his long angelic golden hair weaving through the evening breeze. His amber eyes blazed murkily with confusion, hatred and sorrow, and his bloodthirst seemed to falter as he looked at his opponent.

"..why do you defend him?" He hissed between gritted teeth.

"Because I owe him a favour." Felicia gazed back calmly, having already prepared herself for the mess of emotions her opponent would be in.

"He took the love of my life away from me! How can you stand on his side and not mine?!" He snapped, drawing his enchanted silverwood bow and aiming towards her head.

"Julrik does not steal, he takes what is not loyal and true." She responded icily with what she personally grew to know of the man. Although he may seem pushy and frivolous in his seduction, he knows when to not push any further. Afterall, that's why she wasn't assaulted that day in the restaurant despite being rather weak at that time.

Seemingly hitting his sore spot, he widened his eyes in rage and released the arrow, which was easily sidestepped by just stepping away.

"Why aren't you trying to kill me?" Felicia responded after a slight pause, severely doubting that all this rank E archer could do was send out a normal arrow.

"Hah.." He was once again shaken by her words, trembling before dropping his bow in exasperation. "I surrender. I haven't lost reason enough to kill everyone that gets in the way of my revenge. I just wanted to vent really." He sighed as his eyes wandered somewhere far away.

"Well you can vent right now, just without the killing part." Felicia offered, still just as ready for combat as she was when she first saw him. To be honest, she was a little miffed, she came here expecting a fun duel, not a heart to heart discussion!

"Haha, you're just like her, always wanting to get straight to the point without any dilly-dallying." He laughed wistfully as he moved his gaze towards her and away from the clouds. After a contemplative silence, he opened his mouth again.

"Say, would you be willing to go on a da-"
"Denied."

Mercilessly, she cut him off and walked away to make her report. She'd just have to unleash her frustrations when hunting with Sable later, damn, what a waste of her time...

(Ooc: written on phone sorry if code explodes)
"Hmm, well everything checks out. And, level eight already huh? It's seems like almost the other day since I saw you at level 7." Smirking he chuckled "I suppose those 10 G and 20 G classes are off the table? Anyway enough of my banter here, the promised rewards."

Final Reward:
400 Exp
75 G

Last edited:

Silver

Evaluation
'I'll admit this; I might have gotten a bit reckless during the operation. I'm also not very good with writing with my left hand, so this report will be shorter than usual. Oh, I didn't break my right arm, in case anyone's asking, but uh---well, I'm prohibited from using it until tomorrow. Standard procedure, but I'm going off the track here.

So, the last time I went down to fix the flood walls in the tunnels, and some idiot blew up part of the railway with a firebomb, but there wasn't any really lasting consequences...was what we figured at the time. Wishful thinking, really. Like, wanna take a gander on why there was a rock slide today of all days? First three guesses don't count.

So me and a whole unit of dwarves ended up revisiting the place I went to previously, taking the same rails using the same carts to reach the same hole---actually, they patched that up already, but that particular tunnel rail was sealed off until repairs were completely done. Although the rock slide happened even deeper in, so we got out at that point and swapped rails.

Monsters along the way? Yeah, same old kobolds up to no good whatsoever. I borrowed a working crossbow and took some potshots at the dark as soon as something that definitely wasn't a dwarf poked it's head out. Suffice to say my accuracy wasn't perfect, but I had practice with the Remington, so I managed to hit something most of the time. Otherwise, however, the trip down didn't meet too much resistance.

The rock slide wasn't that bad either; we started removing rocks from the top to clear out a path to crawl through, at least, although occasionally there would be a shout as someone found a dwarf amidst the rubble and the deconstruction work would pause while they figured out how to get them out. As for me, I stopped moving rubble and crawled over to look for the soldiers stuck on the other side as soon as the hole was large enough.

Whoever was commanding that brigade, nice one. An artificial chokepoint made of overturned minecarts stacked together gave them just the delaying time they needed for rescue to arrive. I joined in, substituting for one of the front liners who retreated temporarily for a short break, and that's how we held out long enough for the rockslide to be mostly cleared, and the dwarves I travelled down with also joined in and we slowly whittled down the numbers.

It was looking pretty good until a stray firebomb blew apart the stacked minecarts, allowing the monsters to flood in at regular volume, so on instinct I ended up firing an Origium Round into the ceiling. That section of the tunnel caved in and ended up burying most of the monsters, while the survivors got mopped up by the dwarves.

On the bright side, nobody died and we made it in time (barely).

On the not-so-bright side, there was now a new rock slide in front of us, but hey, at least the stranded dwarves all got rescued, right?

...It's quite embarrassing, having to be carried back to the city since I temporarily lost the feeling in my arms and legs. Also, I'm not looking forward to the migraine that I'll probably get tomorrow, but that's the price of power. And somehow, my gut feeling tells me that I'll get used to it in future, and that's not good news.'

- Vicious, G. G.
Erm well miss Vicious. Although you caused another rock slide. You did technically help out in the clearing and your supervisor put in a good word for you to get your full rewards for helping in the defense line. So here it is,

Final Reward:
325 Exp
20 G

Silver

Evaluation
Vysic found office work pretty easy. With his background as his dad's assistant/free child labour, he was able to quickly sort files, and process papers. He found reading quest reports boring though. Some made sense, some didn't.

At the end of the day, He finished his job and slinked away
Huh, a such short report. Well we have already gotten confirmation from the office so we'll be giving your promised rewards. Speaking of which here you go.

Final Rewards:
35 Exp
10 G

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
> > >
Night Watch
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
> > >

Benji has returned to his Night Watch routine after some time doing unknown stuff. In similar fashion he has submitted over 250 pages of detailed sketches as his quest report. As before, a transcribed narrative has been attached for easier evaluation.

Benji's shift started from midnight to the first sign of light. This time, his post was situated on the outskirts of town, overlooking the pathway to Asteria village. This time, Little Green Bag has provided Benji an artifact that provides accurate readings of time, as there isn't any other way to confirm the passage of time in Benji's reports besides assumed time intervals. As there isn't a whole lot to depict besides trees, bushes and an empty road, Benji's sketches are set between one to three seconds. The sketches were of first-person perspective, which gives a clear view of what Benji had seen nor missed.

The first 20 sketches see nothing of interest, with only an occasional wandering, tame slimes passing by the pathway.

However, during the 30th or so sketch, a silhouette has appeared before the pathway. Slowly, it made its way down the road, seemingly paying no attention to Benji nor his Night Watch post. With alert, Benji has readied the alarm, poised to ring it at any moment.

As if caught by surprise, the silhouette stopped and raised its hand, despite showing no attention towards Benji. Slowly, the silhouette reached towards the nape of its neck and revealed itself to be a female elf, short haired and caped in a dark, tattered hooded coat. The elf seemed tensed and, through Benji's sketches, tried speaking into coaxing him into disarming the alarm.

She slowly dug something from a satchel and pulled out what seems to be an Adventurers' Guild's card. It was confirmed, from the sketches, that the elf was indeed a member of the guild and according to the timestamps, had just finished her Rank E Promotion Exam.

A quick few seconds passed, and the atmosphere slowly fell. Benji, seemingly to have given his approval and trust, went back to his Night Watch duty. The elf, however, had other plans. She approached the post, staring at Benji's sketches, intrigued by the looks of it. Agitation slowly surfaced as she implored her presence to be erased from the sketches. Benji, who gave no response, simply kept on drawing page after page. Out of frustration, the elf tried to swipe the book off his hands in multiple occasiins, but Benji was fast enough to pull back his hands every time and, by some skillful craft, was still able to keep up with his detailed sketches despite disturbance.

After keeping up the scramble a few more times, the elf had given up. But instead of walking away, she had climbed into Benji's post from the side. Unsure of whether this constitutes as danger or not, Benji rushed to the alarm once more, in which the elf calmed him down, claiming she just needed a roof to sleep under for the night. The elf settled beside Benji and rested with her head on her satchel. Benji needed a good minute to pull down his guard, and continue his shift.

Somewhere around the 110th sketch, the elf began speaking to Benji, through closed eyes. Through Benji's Unlimited Graphite Works he was able to accurately capture the elf's words with acute resemblance, enough for the transcriber to discern her words with near-absolute certainty.

She began asking Benji questions regarding his rank and his job. Busy on his sketches and unable to respond, he simply pulled out his Adventurers' Guild's card and showed it to the elf. The elf scanned through his words, and showed both fascination and visible pity towards Benji's predicament. She made comments towards his skills, more specifically on Shrug. She commented on how he's basically useless in hand-to-hand combat, and couldn't wrestle a slime for his life. It can be determined that the elf had a rather crude and frank way of speaking.

Then she spoke on how she couldn't imagine Benji doing anything besides the Level 1 Quests, and especially the Rank E Promotion Exam. From thereon out, the elf started accounting her Exam, and telling Benji her tales. She claimed that after living years with her bow and arrows, the Guild simply locking her to a knife was a cruel act. She then recounted on the time she had no choice but to evade even the easiest of Rock Slimes, and other creatures of the Gem's Ravine.

Until daylight, the elf told her stories on her entire journey from climbing her way up the cliff, stealing the egg and climbing her way back down. She claimed she had to empty most of her rations to make way for the egg, and showed it off to Benji, which was depicted in his sketch. After her story, she started speculating on how Benji could possibly finish that daunting task, considering how vulnerable he is to even the "babiest of babies".

As a response, Benji fished out another leather book off Little Green Bag and showed it to the elf.

At first the elf was intrigued, and begun flipping through the pages. The more she read, the more astonished her expression, and the more interested she became into reading that leather book. After finishing it, she flipped it to the front and begun reading it again.

At the first ray of light, nearing the end of Benji's shift, the elf finally finished her read. She slotted the book back into Benji's bag and expressed her disbelief onto how Benji could've planned all that. She wished him elven luck, and by tradition, broke off a piece of her elven biscuit from her ration, as a token of courage and strength for him. Then she left, evidently more energised and ready from last night.

Then Benji's sketches ended, signifying the end of his shift.

Attached:
  • 4 leather books containing over 250 pages worth of quest reports in the form of detailed sketches
  • A rusty, blunt, worn-out knife with the tip lost, seemingly left by the elf.
Reported artifacts from Little Green Bag:
  • A thingamajig that tells the time and works exactly like the clock tower, only much smaller and rings every stroke of 12

Last edited:

LazyLonduf

Appraised!

The Witch's 'Assistant' Part III (Once Per Person)
Sponsor
: Black Witch Shiori
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Mix random potions to create a new potion.
  • Drink it.
  • (Optional) Try not to die.
Description: So, Shiori's been running some tests on the potions Shiori currently has, and Shiori's been out of ideas on what new potions to make recently...then an idea struck Shiori! Potion making is an art, and having fresh perspectives could do wonders! Therefore! Shiori will provide you with raw ingredients and guide you through the brewing process, so just let loose and make what you want! Oh, you'll have to test it too, by the way.

Rewards:
  • Gold: 40 G
  • The Black Witch's Approval (Potion): Random buff! The Black Witch appreciates your assistance, even if she might not show it.

Quest Report - Oam Lola

Huh, despite of the ridiculous requests, I actually like going to Shiori's? No no no, the pay is good and she treats me well. And I can eat with this, so I am not complaining, moreover, she sometimes tells me about the world's gods, though she admits that "It is an absolute mess", I'm not going to just give up with such a good source of information.

Before I went to Shiori's, I've prepared with a few hundred rounds of divinations the past few days. It took all of my energy to do, but I should be dine now, as there were options that could kill me, I had to make extra sure to dig myself as many clues as possible, as to not kill myself during the quest. I even paid a (secondhand) paper from the guild to write down the number of possible combinations that wouldn't kill me. Yes, because more than half of the combinations could probably kill me. "Red kills, Blue kills, purple kills, red becomes black, blue bevomes yellow...", there are also herb-like names but I tried my best to veer away from that, as I don't know the names or the appearance of the herbs in this world. Really, it's such a headache! But it's an easy quest! It can't be helped!

Carrying the quest paper and the sevondhand paper on one hand and an umbrella on another, I trekked the city and emerged on the outskirts outside the gates. It was evening by the time I arrived, and the light from Shiori's house was shining from her windows brightly. The smell of the forest air was mixed in with smoke and strange metallic odours... most likely because of Shiori's experiments. I knocked on the door, and the sound of something collapsing and glass breaking could be heard.

"Wait a moment!" she shouted.

It didn't take long before she opened the door and greeted me, "Oam!"

---

How should I say this...

"So you are saying your divination spell, you can use it to predict the future?"

"That's right, and these are the results of the predictions,"

"It doesn't sound like the divinations Shiori knows... but if it can help with the experiment, Shiori would be glad to see it."

We exchanged thoughts on the concoctions, though it was mostly Shiori talking about the various uses of her potions. Some of her potions are terrifyingly toxic, being able to paralyze dire wolves if they breathed in the noxious vapor for even just a few seconds. Some other liquids can cause intense awakeness, so much so, that the heart of the intaker might actually start beating intensely and internally explode. Of course, those potions were the fruits of her past research, the ones that she made now often had drastically watered down concentration, otherwise her customers would really die and she would go out of business.

Though she told me all of that, I didn't really understandanything about the herbs, "Ataropaxia is said to be from the far east... theres the dirt element that has high reactivity to mana and a tangible effect in manipulating the inner body's wegelen astral lines in one grimoire I got from an acquaintance...", I really was just trying not to die and get paid. Well I didn't let her words enter from one ear and pass through the other, though. I noted down ones that "sounded safe" and ones that Shiori is excited to experiment with.

"You have so many exotic herbs, you must be quite rich."

When I said that, she only went silent and shook her head, "Shiori has just enough,"

After a while, she said, "Time to begin our potion creation!"

---

What happened...?

I was paralyzed on the floor when I woke up. Shiori was drooling on the couch beside me. When I tried to move my legs, it felt like I had to push against the pull of a thousand earths.

The obly phrases I could utter was "Uaaauuuaaauaaa"

E-even my eyes are not opening properly.

Unable to do anything, as my body didn't want to obey me, I was stuck with looking at the ceiling for an hour. But after that I managed to wakeup... somewhat. My whole body felt heavy and my knees shook as if it could buckle at any time. In fact, it did once, and I couldn't scream! "HHAHAHA" was my pain response, but I was crying internally.

"M-mizzz...,,Zhioji...mmmm,,," I shook her shoulders.

"Munyamunyamunyam~"

Knocked out cold. Just what exactly happened?

"Zzhiollii..."

---

We were looking in the lab that seemed to have been the victim of our experiments last night.

"Shiori did not expect it to have such a powerful effect... but it is well done..."

"I can't remember what happened, can you fill me in?"

"You can't? That is quite strange, you only..." she fell silent, "huh, Shiori actually doesn't remember how much you've drunk, there should be data on the desk, Shiori always records her experiments."

After scouring the slightly wetted desk for a while, we came upon her book and it seemed like I only sniffed from a spoonful of the "Mogmrocg DDE-version 44 (art version) COLOR BRIGHT BLUE (dimmer than st.t76)", hence why I dropped on to the floor. Shiori then carried me towards the living room, but she also smelled the potion (though it was farther away) and collapsed on the couch.

"A-ah... yes, it's coming back to me now," I said while holding a palm to my head, "My head hurts..."

"Oam is a good assistant," she said, "Shiori might not have a good use for this potion now, but it is more potent than Shiori's old potion... though it is more difficult to produce."

"Really?"

She pat my back, "Really!"

I sighed, "Then I guess it's a quest complete then?"

She pouted, "Yes, but Shiori would like to see more of your divination in action too! It's not all about the quest, you know? Well... If there's another quest, come back here! I will give Oam a good bonus."

"Sure... If I have time,"

With that, I left her house and returned to the guild. She gave me a small potion though, I wasn't sure what its effects are... so for now I'll just store it.

Last edited:

Quaesitor

QUEST REPORT: Appraised
> > >
Diplomacy and Government Exam
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Tax Collection
  • Study for the Diplomacy and Government Exam.
  • Take the Diplomacy and Government Exam.
  • Pass with a score of 90% or above.
All government officials in Scribel must pass an exam to attain their posts.The exam has a written component and a practical component.Oral examiners may have unique ways of administering the practical exam.If you pass this exam, you are recognized as an "Official Guild Representative". Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: Official Guild Representative License
> > >
It's time for the DIplomacy and Government Exam. I have enough practical experience and theoretical knowledge to breeze through any problem the exam could possibly include. However, I don't just want to breeze through it. I want to pass with a full score. For that, I will need to expand my database to contain all of the currently important topics, general knowledge about the world, statistics on the global economy, trade, religion, and military, how to manipulate the public opinion, as well as the local government institutes and processes. In addition, it also needs to contain the various measures taken by Scribel City to deal with various problems, as well as how well they worked. I also need a general overview of recent historical events and tension between nations. This will be a long visit to the library, but I do a few days until the exam starts. Ample time.

At 12:00 of day 1, I enter the library to expand my database. The exam will be at 12 AM on day 5, which gives me 4 days of time, or 96 hours. For someone other than me, most certainly a fool's errand. But I am no fool. According to my calculations, I will have created the database while still having 2 hours of time remaining to get to the exam itself. Which also means that I don't have a single second to waste!

Exactly 92 hours and 33 minutes of frantic reading in the library later, I have completed my database. I am slightly behind schedule, but I will still arrive on time. I break into a light but graceful jog as I leave the library and head towards the exam site. 42 minutes later, I arrive. 45 minutes until the exam starts. Relaxed, I enter the waiting area, ignoring the nervous glances of those around me as we wait to be led into the room where the exam will be written.

Once 30 minutes have passed, we get guided into the exam room and take our assigned seats. One of the overseers holds a short and unimportant speech out of which the only point that matters to me is that this time, the written exam is 2/3rds of the points and the practical 1/3rd. Then the exam begins at point 12 AM. I easily breeze through the written exam and spent the time I have left until the practical exam begins with reviewing my answers as well as preparing my database for the practical part.

Once the time is over, the written tests quickly get evaluated based on an algorithm as well as individual evaluation for the tasks which require it. After 36 minutes, the evaluation of the written part is over - and the ones that can't reach a total score of 90% anymore have to leave. Meanwhile, I proudly look at the list of results in which I am placed at the top with a full score on the written exam. However, the one thing that might prove a bit of a challenge isn't the written exam, but the practical one.

As the one who placed first, I also am the first to enter the practical exam - though it does seem like they examine 5 persons at once. My examiner looks at me skeptically. Does he think I cheated on the written exam? Oh please, I don't have something like that necessary. He points at a magical array, before saying:

"If you would please enter the array? It will produce a simulation that I will use to evaluate you."

"Of course, sir examiner." I nod towards him and enter the array.

The algorithm behind the simulation isn't too complex. If I had been given enough time I'd be able to decode it, however, the practical part of the exam immediately begins. It seems like my task is to keep a population happy. That's rather simple. I keep the rich and powerful happy by providing them with plenty of contracts and deals which are beneficial to them while not exceeding the budget I am allowed to spend on the tasks while the population itself is kept happy through investments in various forms of entertainment. The taxes earned through them go right back into more entertainment as well as the deals with the powerful. This goes on for a while before the simulation ends. The examiner still seems skeptical, and before I can ask about my score, another simulation starts.

This time, I still have to keep the population happy - but during wartime. Or in other words, it is not as easy to give the powerful good deals, I have fewer funds, and I can't invest as much into entertainment. Still, this simply means that I have to give different rewards to the powerful as well as use propaganda aimed at uniting the population against the common foe. So instead of entertainment, I invest in propaganda and hold public speeches, as speeches do not need a lot of funds. Meanwhile, I am not able to give the powerful deals which are as good as before, however, I instead promise them lands currently held by the enemy, and call on their duty to the state. They are not exactly happy - as they are well aware of the risk of war - however, the war effort progresses smoothly.

The simulation ends again, and the examiner sighs. "Fine, you passed. Your total score is 97%, as your speeches could still use a lot of improvement. You are far too distanced and unemotional."

"But-" I start to protest before stopping myself. To my shame, he isn't exactly wrong. I can't simulate the whole spectrum of human emotions and capabilities perfectly yet. So I accept the result with a frown and hand my report in at the guild.

Last edited:

Vanus

Appraised
> > >
Prison Guard Duty
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Spend a shift guarding a prisoner.
  • Do not let the prisoner to escape.
When vagrants break the law, they are sent to prison.
If they're found guilty, they could be hanged for their crimes.
Guarding them shouldn't be too difficult...
Well, as long as nothing goes wrong.
Rewards:
> > >
Extremely long 6118 words, some gore.
Hour 1: Today I have one job in the city of Scribbel guard the prisoner I've been assigned prison singular odd circumstances I'm sure but, I've been chosen so they will not die today I hope. Anyway the prisoner that I was assigned to isn't actually being stored in or near the prison. Nope they are to high priority I'm guarding them until they can be gotten out of the city tomorrow evening. I've got to keep this bastard alive for the next 24 hours. The prisoner is known as the big G or at least that's all I'm going to call him and that's all that I'm allowed to share. There are 3 other members of the guard force. We have all been told to watch each other the prisoner and of course our surroundings. None of us four know who the others actually are but we've been told that this building is supposed to be safe for the next 3 hours if we are lucky so prepare for an attack and watch everyone around you.

The prisoner must have been a major big shot in some gang or something but that's not important what is is the buildings layout. It's got 3 separate cellars all supposedly unconnected. It's 4 stories high and on the edge of the city isolated from everywhere else, a mammoth of a building but surprisingly it's not unique there is one each of the corners of the city. This ones in the North-West corner. Each of us are sitting facing in towards each other watching all the others and watching away from each other. Now we wait for something to happen.

15 minutes later I've shut down most of my bodies functions everything focused on my hearing, touch, eyesight and breathing. Everything else is running locked away and behind closed doors. One of my other companions seems to have disappeared saying he wanted to set up traps if I remember correctly and another is making food for them self. I personally won't need to eat anything for this next 24 hours I've eaten already.

Hour 2: Nothing of note has occurred the man has set up his traps at the doors and our "prisoner" is still under guard waiting for his extraction doing his own things. I've been almost as a robot following him and observing him only doing as asked of me. Unluckily nothing positive has occurred yet either though luckily their has been nothing negative so all karma is in balance so far. Time ticks by and will continue to tick tick tick away and hopefully it will tick to a successful end. 15 minutes later I was slow moving further away from the target as time passed as my reactions where checking everything nearby something was making an annoying noise though it seems to be some kind of bird rather than an intruder.

30 minutes later I slowly caught back up to my the target, the annoying noise having been removed from my peripherals as I'd found the bird and removed it from the premises. Anyway big G had made himself his own dinner and was looking around the place for something. The man had a horn tied to his leg and was always fondling it seeming to feel like it could go missing at any moment.

15 minutes later I slowly edged away from the target the North-west corner of this building had been unchecked for the past 1 hour and 45 minutes. Arriving at the corner 1 minute later I noted no sign of breakage and the dust was still floating near the doorway unchanged since we'd passed for the tour of the house a cord ran past the wind so I went to check on the floors above. Luckily there was no changes in any of them.

Hour 3: Returning to the group I decided that I'd check each of the entrances every so often to make sure nothing changed in their statuses just for my own sake and I'd need to check up on each of the cellars in 4 or so hours.
Assertion: More information is required for this mission to be successful.
Conclusion: I need to acquire more info on my surroundings just with a single look.
Sadly this conclusion is impossible to rectify at this point in time due to my limited tools and my limited time in preparing only 55 minutes now remain till some form of enemy shows up at least. Further unlike with the sewers where I'd needed to keep my quiver secured I did not need to do that here. I'd never actually counted how many bolts I actually had however I at least had 20 odd and I doubt I'd actually need more than that. Than again you never know.

25 minutes later I was strolling past one of the cellars I decided to go and have a peek inside of it. "I'm just going to check in on the cellar one of you can come along the other 2 should continue here I guess." After talking I immediately head off towards the cellar one of the others tags along with me. Getting to the door I slowly begin to open it, looking around
Assertion: There is decaying weaponry in the room. 2 swords and a dagger.
Conclusion: Collect the dagger leave the swords I can return for the swords if the dagger breaks in this period of time and I can return however I am far more proficient in dagger work than in sword work unfortunately.
Slowly I move into the cellar leaving the door open for my acquaintance I collect the dagger from the floor and turn back to where I'd come from whilst scanning everything else around me in the room.
Assertion: Nothing of value other than 2 rusting swords in this cellar.
Conclusion: Preferable to not hide here if at all optional.
After making sure I hadn't missed anything blatantly obvious I decided to return to the protection target.

Hour 4: Checking up on the doors I noticed nothing out of place yet except at the South-West door where there were almost assuredly foot prints that had come in from outside. Time to rejoin the group whilst focusing on the outside from now on. Arriving at the point where big G was supposed to be moved on to by the group as we did our little split up again I was slowly moving to the doorway where they were supposed to come from. A creaking floor board startled me and I stopped moving there was definitely something moving out there something dangerous and human for sure and it was annoying me so it's time to deal with it.
Assertion: Enemy through wall to the left and alone, moving through the room extraordinarily slowly.
Conclusion: It's a trap room that they are stuck inside of hence the problems I had best eliminate them quickly before the rest get to here just in case they get a little distracted it's a little hard to remember the trap rooms exactly.
I walked slowly to the door with the crossbow bolt loaded and waited at the exit to the hallway as the person inside the trap room continued through the room far far slower than my respective journey through the room. I was unlocking a few more abilities to aid myself and strengthen myself just in case when a woman opened the door and slowly and carefully came through the door. I loosed the bolt as soon as I caught sight of her head poking around the doorway to check the other side of the doorway.
Assertion: 1 enemy down.
Conclusion: Unknown amount to go.
The girl had a few nice looking bits and pieces on her but my main interest was the dagger that she had clutched in her hand and retrieving my bolt. I carefully retrieved them from her still warm corpse whilst carefully moving her body back into the trap room so I could shut the door properly.

2 minutes later: I was waiting for the group to catch up I made sure to make checks in a few of the nearby rooms along the distance soon enough as I'd expected I heard sounds of fighting it seems they to had been delayed by someone or someones. Arriving at the room with the noise I slowly sidled into the fight. My first action was to check on Big G he was standing alone in a corner of the room as if he was just waiting for something. My other three companions where occupied fighting 3 other opponents in the door way. I threw the rust dagger at one of the assailants, the blade lodged into his neck dropping him to the floor near instantly as the blade had been enough distraction for my companion to lop off his head. After having freed him up I went to check on the blade. Trying to carefully ease it out I felt something grow hard and than the blade snapped off. Ohh well better luck with my new one.

30 minutes later and we had removed the three bodies to safe places to make sure that they wouldn't get in the way of us again but now it was problematic. Everyone seemed loyal to the cause but we still couldn't trust each other even the slightest bit. Personally I didn't even trust myself at this point having been locking up memories and sense for myself slowly till I was back in the most sensitive yet also at the same time in a state of diminished senses and reactions. The problem of monitoring everything was still the main problem I'd have to fix it was something that needed to be dealt with anyway after all I didn't have my data flies in this world and they were my optimal set up for tracking the surrounding world around me. AIEO FOCUS. I said in my head and slapped myself. It seems I'm getting distracted maybe I sealed away to many parts ohh well they are all extremely temporary and I'm sure the other parts are busy.

Part 2.000.3.0.1.1.1, Situation report. Nothing to speak of all is under control with the Daemon it seems to have gone into a state of hibernation now. Recommended exchange of monitoring position 2 hours. Possibility of the daemon interfering in this endeavour minimal. Possibility of the Daemon not moving again negligible. Monitoring systems ready and bound exchange systems set.

Hour 5: The hour was mostly slow and regulated movements throughout the house nothing of interested had happened until the hour rang and suddenly something in the house seemed to have shifted as if a monster had awakened though that having have happened is actually an extremely unlikely possibility as the house had been deemed safe for all intents and purposes but than again. Corruption can sneak into even the most stalwart of barriers and personally this was not a house that I had any particular amount of faith in. It was almost the epitome of scary and spooky house what with it's purpose size and the now dead bodies stored in it's bowels.

More on the house it's for the most part a wooden construction however the cellars seems to be reinforced with stones for some unknown reason and really the cellars where not actually the first level below ground that belong to what I'd dub the second floor. The walls of the house were painted what seemed to me at random with flame retardant coating though if you were unlucky it seemed almost as if the fire could reach from one corner to the other though I doubt that is actually something that is possible with how much precautions have been put into everything else. The doors of the building well you see unlike most buildings where they will at least think a little bit about convenience here nope they all open in exactly the same direction and the house has corridors running all throughout the building making it extremely maze like the entrances on the 3rd floor and the paths between them being the exception. This idea of the house being a maze increases the lower you go or if you go up to the 4th floor plus on each floor the doors begin to open the opposite way compared to the one below.

The outside of the house is fairly clear in all accounts and if you looked at the building you'd see an extremely neat yard with not much adornment and a house with two stories of living room. A fairly luxurious house but not something to surprising with it's placement after all it was still inside the city proper but only just and it gave off a fairly old feeling as if it had been built well before everything else that surrounded it. Another reason that for why it wasn't a particularly safety inducing house.

30 minutes before hour 6: I saw a man standing outside through one of the windows I turned away to signal to my companions and turned back luckily he was actually still in the place and hadn't disappeared though we couldn't actually hear what he was saying if he was saying anything in the first place.
Assertion: His mouth is actually moving and he does not appear to be chewing.
Conclusion: He is trying to yell at the occupants of the building more than likely trying to spook them or to get them to surrender to him and his compatriots for some sort of benefit.
Why have I been doing this less today oh yeah I probably sealed it and it's come back online only now oh well anyway back to the situation Big G has decided that he wants to move down to the floor known as the 1st floor which is actually 2 levels below the ground. I'm sure you knew that already though. Yep I've definitely sealed off far to much of myself I feel extremely weird at this juncture I'm definitely going to need some form of assistance after this has been completed most definitely.

Part 2.000.3.0.1.1.1, Situation report.
Assertion: The daemon seems to have stirred a little.
Conclusion: It's going through whatever amounts to it awakening itself from it's slumber it may make some action today it is best to be prepared for whatever it is going to do time to allow the sleep barriers to unravel and leave only the alarm barriers in place for Part Prime.
Assertion: As I made to complete this action it appears that the Daemon has stopped it's stirring and gone back into a deeper sleep.
Conclusion: It's not actually sleeping.

Hour 6: All is quiet on the Western front as far as I know. The Eastern front of the house however has had some kind of fire spell cast at it whilst we were away from it traversing the hallways and rooms of the third floor rather than taking the major arteries that lead to each of the doors out of the fear of the power that the long sight lines gave to our pursuers always we try and stick to pathways that provide the shortest pathways between any two points. Back on the fire spell it seems to have done minor damage however it is almost assuredly a fire spell as it did not hit the third floor instead it actually burnt a small section of wood on the fourth floor.
Assertion: Enemy attacked the fourth floor to clear their own way forward via it.
Conclusion: Enemy is likely within the building again.
Assertion: No appreciable change in threat level has occurred. Only possibility is that un-shielded floors on upper levels may be burnt
Conclusion: No change in course currently required. Check upper floors when able
All has as I was going to say before I interrupted myself to make sure I wasn't missing any appreciable threat to my current position but it does not seem to have changed overall since the attacks.

30 minutes till Hour 7: The quiet has continued we did move up to the 4th floor to check it and yes it appears that some enemies have made their way up from the way the ash has been stirred up near the burnt hole in the wall but luckily they have not decided to prepare to set fire to the entire building. I do not know how long that situation will last but hopefully it lasts for the next 17 hours. This period is going to pass slower than I thought it would damn it maybe I should have prepared something to eat for myself. No what am I thinking I do not require sustenance yet... Something is definitely using up an extreme amount of my bodies energy.
Assertion: An entity unknown to my main body is using up a massive amount of energy even though I have set my senses and perceptions to basically the lowest possible settings where I can still function as a normal human being would.
Conclusion: I'm lying to myself about the function level I'm working at or the Daemon is interferring with something.

Part 2.000.3.0.1.1.1, Situation report. Everything is cleared for transfer. Part 3.002.11.23.1.1 has taken over sentry duty.

Part 3.002.11.23.1.1, Situation report. Everything is clear with the Daemonic entity it's still functioning at well below it's usual activity levels.

Deep seal part 12: The Corruption is made up of 4 main entities however these are not the only entities that are represented in the warbands of the great enemy no they are just far and away the most numerous and generally out perform per individual the other enemy targets within the grouping. However there is at least one group within the corruption whose general strength out strips the 4 main entities to a point where it can to sometimes when it's feeling like existing fight and hold it's own against the other 4. This entity has been labelled as Traitorus Primus. It generally seems to rear it's head in periods of relative peace and stability destroying traitor warbands with ease only comparable to the soulless ones. Monitoring of Traitorus Primus appears to be unnecessary but restriction of this knowledge is still Alpha Priorus.

Hour 8: Assertion: I've picked out the foes a few times we've brushed past them a few times skirting around the point that they are at each time we have brushed past each other not quite making contact however the doorways that would allows to meet each other seem to be getting closer and closer.
Conclusion: Time for another fight to occur soon prepare adapt and overcome the foe. Attack should occur in roughly 30 minutes according to calculations if current trajectory is maintained.
Assertion: Footsteps are louder comparatively to the first girl that I killed even though we are further away from them.
Conclusion: A larger group than one is approaching, may be biased by how the building seems to majorly distort sounds that appear in the building.
I prepare my tools for their true and final preparations making sure the string is slack and loosened but socketed so I can load it at anytime with one pull of the lever. An extra part of my brain seems to have joined me recently which has allowed me to regain more of my memories it seems I put them on guarding and monitoring the daemon until this point because it was being suspiciously inactive.
Assertion: Being distracted
Conclusion: Refocus required
Ahh it's much easier to keep my self focused. I draw the dagger into my left hand as the mounted crossbow is also on my left arm and thus it's easier to keep them easier to load it for myself.

30 minutes until hour 9: Assertion: Enemy is in room connected directly to this one.
Conclusion: Prepare for attack.
I ready my crossbow and pull the dagger out from it's location. Big G moves away to the corner furthest from everyone else and from the open doorway. My other three companions move towards the doorway and make a loose ring around the entrance. This move has likely alerted the enemy to where exactly we are but that's a negative that we must be willing to make. Removal of a threat is a preferable course of action then letting them build up. A few seconds after we are all set up the door bursts off of it's hinges smashing into one of my companions knocking him over. The door is on fire for a bit however the flames can't seem to burn the lacquered door all that well. I continue waiting patiently for a head to poke around the corner. One does however he's to heavily armoured for my bolt to be effective against him so I continue waiting. The man charges at one of my companions and a lighter armoured member exits the doorway. My crossbow bolt is quickly loosed from it's place slamming into the mans throat.
Assertion: The bolt ripped through his throat.
Conclusion: Dead.
Confirmation: The body proceeded to immediately fall to the floor.
Assertion: The arms of my first companion seem to have splayed out at weird angles his left arm flattened completely under the weight of the door. Further blood seems to be leaking from his cranium.
Conclusion: Dead
That is not good a one for one trade so early in the night already having occurred however this is almost assuredly his own fault for standing directly in front of the doorway when we know they have a magus of some kind. The third assailant came through the door before I had reloaded and was heading over towards my other companion hmmm it seems odd that they didn't rush over towards Big G then again though could be a group that values their own lives more than the completion of the mission hence they don't want to be attacked from behind or the sides. Anyway back on the fight their fourth companion.
Assertion: 2 members still seem to be inside the adjacent room from the raised voice of one of the members trying to get the other to quickly enter the room.
Conclusion: The Magus is a little exhausted by this and the other companion isn't ready to go through after the first crossbow bolt.
I slowly make my way towards the doorway the dagger readied to throw and the crossbow primed for shooting. Leaving my companions with their enemies I slowly walk to the doorway rapidly I peek into the room and pull back rapidly after taking in the two enemies inside.
Assertion: The magus looks exhausted and the other man is to scared to try and push their advantage even though the other two members have already pushed through. I walk back a few steps and jump through the door way loosing the bolt towards where I suspected the magus who seems to have been trying to urge the other man through the doorway before he himself would enter as he didn't trust him to not run away. The dagger I held onto a little longer making sure that the other one was still there. He was and I threw it however I'd waited a little to long my shoulder smashing into the floor and jolting me before I threw the dagger. Rather than hitting through his head as I'd hoped it would the dagger ended up entering his chest on the opposite side to that of his heart. The bolt smashed into the arm of the magus knocking him over it seems he was far far weaker than he was letting on.
Assertion: Neither target taken down. Push bonus quickly.
Conclusion: Retrieve dagger and than finish off injured target before going after the magus.
I heaved my body off the floor and quickly rushed towards the scared one. He was clutching onto the knife with shock covering all over his face it seems he was way under prepared for this mission. Arriving in striking range I punched out smashing my fist into his face if this killed him excellent if it didn't he'd bleed out soon enough. The blow from my fist knocked him down on to the ground as he was still unprepared for my assault. This man was 100% an non-optimal choice for this mission he was completely unprepared for all eventualities. I dropped myself to the floor with the blow landing on my back so that I could keep my self as near to the dagger as I could possibly get with my reaction speed diminished as it was by all the limiters I'd placed upon my self to keep up optimal efficiency responses. I grabbed the dagger with one hand as I hit the floor and rolled away from his body. As the dagger came out from his body he screamed bothersome that he hadn't died from that but he will be dealt with later. I steadily dragged my body back up to a standing position my body felt leaden for some reason and a pleasurable situation ran through my legs.

Part 3.002.11.23.1.1, Situation report. Daemon has come online in response to the fight triggering subroutines. Disengaging study of subject and replacing strict security measures.

Immediately after standing up: I checked on where the mage had been she'd snapped the bolt that fucking bitch.
Assertion: Daemon is active again.
Conclusion: Heightened emotional senses again prepare for problems to arrive.
The woman had drawn a sword however her arms where shaking both from the wooden in one and from the fact that she had exhausted herself with all her magical usage today. "NO you can't stop us we will succeed for the crimson coin we will be the ones to defeat him we will!" The girl than begins running towards me.
Assertion: Girl is tired and exhausted I am in a far better condition however that may not last long.
Conclusion: Immediate termination optimal.
"IN FEALTY TO THE EMPEROR OF MANKIND FOR YOUR UNSANCTIONED USE OF THE ARCANE I SANCTION YOU TO DEATH. I HEREBY SIGN YOUR DEATH WARRANT AND CONSIGN YOUR SOUL TO OBLIVION. MAY IMPERIAL JUSTICE ACCOUNT ALL IN BALANCE." I shout before throwing my dagger. I proceed to chase after the dagger which rapidly flies through the air and smashes pommel first into her face. I ignore the dagger and slam my elbow into her face that is on the floor. I whisper in her ear as my elbow begins to distort her face, "The Emperor protects." I hope nothing else outside of my companions heard that but that's this room dealt with one of my companions enters this room and has a quick look around. Well it seems this has been dealt with for now.

Deep Seal Part 42: "This planet was supposedly once my home it's always a beautiful sight seeing your planet again but this this is horrible it's corrupted and deranged beyond all hope of return." I look on the planet that was once my home. The planet where I was abused when I was 12 the planet that took so fucking much from me and now I'd never see it again because of the actions of the governor. The planet was being ravaged by corrupted assets of Space Marines from the legion known as the Alpha legion I had failed in my assigned mission on the planet removal of the head of the Alpha legionnaire that led the cult before he could start the upheaval through out the system. I'd succeed in killing the man a bolt round had been put through the head on his personal ship by an Imperial commissar who he had captured however by that point I was days late and the planet was already going through a thorough and comprehensive revolt and daemonic entities had already appeared. The bloodthirsters of the chaos god of kindness having arrived already. The deployment of the Imperial guard was to late and was easily rounded up by the Alpha legionnaire though stupidly he hadn't turned the commissar just captured him which lead to his eventual execution but now the big guns where about to be deployed by a local inquisitor. Exterminatus the death sentence of a world. The man was speaking some speech for the historians to know that he believed it was necessary and why it was necessary I agreed with him this world would not last. It was time for it to be destroyed all souls lost. Consigned to die by the strike of one Thunder head torpedo and than further devastation applied by the orbital decimation around the target zone until the planet cracked from the Thunder head. My home a sad sight to see lost but a necessity in this war that we fight. Reason for this memory seal to be triggered is likely the similarity between the speech for the execution of the magus and the closing speech that the Inquisitor made.

Hour 10: In the hour and half since the execution of the invaders and the loss of one of our teammates the decision had been made to continue as before we knew the invaders where here so here I am checking the entrances again. I'm positive that no one else has entered into the building whilst we were concerned with wiping out the other invaders lucky that. Though not unexpected seeing as the enemies we were facing seem to be low class with maybe one stronger member I believe that the crimson coin is a criminal organisation in Scribel city they recently beat a gang called Manilla or something a type of paper if I'm not mistaken though I doubt that they know that information. I wonder why such low class thugs are being sent here if that is the case? There must be something going on in the wider city tonight.

Hour 11: Still no sign of new entities arriving and the Daemon hasn't made it's appearance yet today unless it triggered something in the battle today. Anyway we still have another thirteen hours to wait out before things can stop going south in relation to this quest so there is always more that can occur. The other two members seem to be avoiding me far more than before likely because of what I yelled out due to the fact that their is a human supremacist empire running around in this world somewhere or something along those lines honestly I still have much information to acquire on this world before I make to many more reckless actions like that.
Assertion: Injuries suffered to back and right shoulder as well as to the head.
Conclusion: Operational integrity maintained injuries well below damage levels requiring removal of self from mission due to decreasing the success chance of the mission.
I can clearly continue on with the mission at least there will be no failure from me today.

Part 1 - Part Prime - Designated Daemon monitor and operational integrity monitoring system, Status report. Daemon has returned to stability for 2 hours period of time now restore sleeping protocols to the prisoner. Summoning Part 4.4123.14.1 to guard the Daemon and monitor it's current status. Blocks placed. Deep cores are also still all functionally separated from the Daemon and are all in a state of inactivity no negative breaches have occurred from the daemon at this point in time.

Hour 12: All fronts still quite and operational integrity is almost back to full. Minor injuries being healed via time already accounted for. Observation of the parts of the show a minor engagement occurring in the street outside between two beggars however nothing of note is being completed at this time. Which is an odd situation I would have thought more activity would have been occurring if such an incompetent group had been sent to deal with us.

Hour 13: No more intrusions in to the building have occurred all situations are running at optimal parameters as of this moment 11 hours left till the transfer of the prisoner can be successfully completed. Though now that I think about it maybe I won't get the full reward for this mission oh well. I should check on the bodies of the criminals that entered into the building as this point in time. After all it's important to memorise their features for later dates if further pursuing their identities ever becomes something that is wanted or required. The time for action is not now just yet to many trap rooms are in-between our current position and that of the corpses.

Hour 14: Intrusions have occurred and the bodies have been removed from the site I was to late in my check up on the corpses it seems. The corpses up stairs seemed to have remained however just the original group has been removed from the place according to my current speculation checking up on that however will take to long and I expect by than that they also will have been removed from their currently assigned positions on my mental map of the building. Not much more to say otherwise no further attacks against us have occurred and big G appears to be fine as he currently is.

Part 4.4123.14.1, status report. The daemon has entered a situation where it appears to be even less active than it's previous resting position requesting monitoring oversight from Part Prime? - - - - Request has been denied. Monitoring continues as usual. Nothing otherwise of note Daemon seems to be in stable situation for all intents and purposes.

30 minutes until hour 15: As per my assumption at the previous juncture upon the checking of the corpses of the group from the crimson coin they have been removed from the building as well the extraction groups are far more efficient than the other groups that arrived in the building but maybe their but power is insufficient for this business to many possible variations to go through due to the lack of information on the retrieval unit.

Hour 20: A small intrusion was executed solely by my teammate with pure red eyes has also been dealt with 4 corpses so another team of 4. A note the body of our other team mate was not removed from the premise. I forgot to mention this it's slowly been crushed by the door and the blood has leaked all over the floor it's fairly disgusting but nothing to bad. His body has also surprisingly started to decay for some unknown reason maybe a delayed reaction to the magic who knows. Anyway nothing of value has occurred to me since than and 4-5 hours remain until the successful completion of the mission the likelihood of success has dramatically increased.

30 minutes later I can see a small engagement between two groups cast in shadows going on in the garden that surrounds the building it's to dark to see them properly but they seem to be fairly equally matched. A lightning bolt strikes one of the assailants whilst a nearby rose bush chokes another to death 3 men in each group. They will not be a serious threat to this operation. So long as they don't enter into the building they are not my problem to deal with. I slowly walk back to the group to continue guarding Big G from any enemy attacks.

Hour 24: We are waiting at the point that was set up as the room for us to meet the team who are extracting Big G from the city for his safe protection and permanent dismissal from the criminal underworld of Scribel more than likely. This room is probably one of the least safe rooms in the building all things considered luckily the men who are coming to escort him away will be easily identifiable by the red cloaks they will be wearing with broad brimmed hats. Further they will have another spare set of clothing for Big G to be hidden within in. I hear movement in the corridor next door. A man in a bright red cloak enters into the room a large hat on his head. Mission completed. I relax back enjoying the successful completion of this mission the job is now over and the criminals have been removed from the equation all things considered.

After the team extracts the prisoner I continue to remain in the building for a while to let everything settle down outside just in case something goes wrong out there before immediately high tailing it off towards the scribel city adventurers guild for my reward so that I can go and get something nice to drink from this.

If any line is marked "part ##:" then it is not actually part of the quest report and is more so world building of the character. Further anything in the notes isn't necessarily known to the guild either.

Big G was the previous boss of a now defeated crime organisation his knowledge of the operations run by the oppositions was deemed invaluable to the protection of the city, the criminal groups had a large attack on each other slated for today and internal city forces would make sure it continued for a while hence these groups could not spare high level manpower which was why the decision to move him was deemed to now be appropriate. This was further evinced by the arrival of a trust group of strong government officials returning who just had to get the gear together to move him.

The actual name of the Manila gang is the Mariani but AIEO hasn't been paying that much attention to them to know that.

Last edited:

Epsil

> > >
Hunting Mission
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: 5 jerky
> > >

Vysic was sick of hunting slimes. They were too weak. He sought a challenge, something to measure his abilities. A hunting mission was perfect.

Vysic set off into the forest, stealthily of course. He ran into some horned rabbits, which he promptly tried to kill. He couldn't though. He was still too slow. Too weak. Frustrated, Vysic went deeper into the forest.

He spotted a wild boar in the distance, it was happily grazing on some grass.

Ok Vysic. Stick to the plan.

Vysic stood in front of a large tree, and began throwing rocks at the boar. The boar swiftly turned around to see who was attacking him. As soon as it saw Vysic, the boar charged.

Stay Calm. Not yet. NOW!

Vysic sidestepped to the left causing the boar to charge head first into the tree. While the boar was stunned, Vysic drew his spear and stabbed the boar in the neck. The boar's legs quickly gave way, causing its body to collapse and lay sideways. However; the boar wasn't dead as it was still quivering.

"It's a shame that I didn't kill you. I hoped it would be a swift death, but it wasn't. I'm sorry.", Vysic ended his sentence as he made a deep cut into the boar's neck with his knife.

Vysic proceeded to bloodlet the boar, and promptly dismantle its corpse. Successfully getting the meat, but failing to get the pelt.

He carried this meat back to the guild as well as turning in his quest report.

Well with the meat in the guild acting as proof. I'll give you your promised rewards.

Final Rewards:

Last edited:

Euka

Forgery Awaits - Pt. 1
Quest - Evaluated

> > >
Blacksmith's Apprentice
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges
> > >
Confident that Iris can take care of some quest on her own, it was finally time to do what I needed to do. I told Iris that I'll be out to work for awhile, she looked at me with those same deadpan eyes but somehow felt like she was sad. Must be my imagination.

I grabbed most of the spare firewood I got from a job and head out to the forgery. Arriving at the entrance, I can already feel the heat coming from it. I enter the building and was met by a short statured man.

"You here for apprentice job?"

I nod to confirm his speculation.

"Hmmm.... You seem strong enough. but that don't mean shit if you can't handle the fires. If you're already complaining about the heat then scram."

Although I'm already sweating from the heat, I remain firm in my stand. Satisfied by my resolution, he guides me to a vacant forgery station.

"I'll be making lots of iron swords, put your firewood along the rest of the wood piles. After that I want you to bellow the fires of the furnace while I'm trying to melt the ingots."

I follow his instructions and proceed to blow air into the furnace. With just one blow of air, the heat stings my face with such force that I squint my eyes in instinct. I ignore the heat and sweat and continue to do so. The short statured man inserts the ingots one by one in a large metal bucket, as each ingot melts one by one. He would constantly check on the steel bucket, unfazed by the heat whilst I was blowing air into. Finally satisfied, he pulls the steel bucket with large steel tongues and pours it into a box filled with sand with a hole close to the edge. I can see steam coming out of the hole when he finished pouring,

"Ready the next one!"

Whilst waiting for the iron in the sand to cool. We both proceeded to melt for iron ingots and fill other sand castings. With the iron cooled in the first casting we break of the sand and out comes an iron in the rough shape of a sword without a hilt or handle.

"Mmmm... Ready the furnace again!"

I once again blow some air into the furnace with the bellow and he heats up the rough looking sword in it. Looking through the opening of the furnace, I can see the sword glow orange in color.

"Oi! stop staring at it and pull it out then place it on the anvil!"

I grab the steel tongues and pulled out the rough sword then placed it on the anvil.

"Hold her steady!"

As he tells me that, he hammers down on the sword so strong that I could feel the force of impact. When sword cooled down again, I was told to place it in the furnace again and pull it out when the same orange color was seen, only to be hammered once again.

This process was repeatedly done until I can finally see the sword take into a proper shape. Satisfied by the form of it, we moved on to the next to repeat the same process.

Now that the blades are done, we did the same with the hilt and pummel of the sword, melted the iron ingots and casted them into the sand, then molded them with heat into a proper shape.

The last was the handle and combining them all into a proper sword. It was made out of wood and we both scrapped and carved it into a proper shape of a tube, then manually drilled a hole at the center of it with a tool.

Before combining all the pieces, we polish all the metal parts then put adhesive on all the jointed parts. When the sword was properly made, a quick burst of heat to the wood would tighten all the joints.

We did the same to the rest of the casted swords.

"Good work kid, not bad for your first day, if I had known any better you might be a giant dwarf with that strength of yours. Not many could withstand the force of the hammer."

"I thank you for the compliment sir."

"Mmmmm... don't call me sir. The name's Zagan. Well, let's call this a day, if you ever decide to work on a forge again, you can settle again with me. Extra strength like yours are always need."

"I thank you for the offer Zagan. On the future occasion, I shall be inclined in your guidance once again."

With the job finally done, I head back to the guild to file report then went to the tavern to check up on Iris. Wonder how she's doing? I did ask of her to cut down some firewood since I left her the stone axe.

Greetings to you Guild

The forgery requires constitution and focus that I may consider it an arduous task. Nonetheless, I have persisted through and assisted Zagan with the creation of iron swords. I hope you find them satisfactory and may them aid the users on future endeavors.

At service to you, Lancer Reival

Evaluation Report

Last edited:

Silver

Evaluation
Benji has returned to his Night Watch routine after some time doing unknown stuff. In similar fashion he has submitted over 250 pages of detailed sketches as his quest report. As before, a transcribed narrative has been attached for easier evaluation.

Benji's shift started from midnight to the first sign of light. This time, his post was situated on the outskirts of town, overlooking the pathway to Asteria village. This time, Little Green Bag has provided Benji an artifact that provides accurate readings of time, as there isn't any other way to confirm the passage of time in Benji's reports besides assumed time intervals. As there isn't a whole lot to depict besides trees, bushes and an empty road, Benji's sketches are set between one to three seconds. The sketches were of first-person perspective, which gives a clear view of what Benji had seen nor missed.

The first 20 sketches see nothing of interest, with only an occasional wandering, tame slimes passing by the pathway.

However, during the 30th or so sketch, a silhouette has appeared before the pathway. Slowly, it made its way down the road, seemingly paying no attention to Benji nor his Night Watch post. With alert, Benji has readied the alarm, poised to ring it at any moment.

As if caught by surprise, the silhouette stopped and raised its hand, despite showing no attention towards Benji. Slowly, the silhouette reached towards the nape of its neck and revealed itself to be a female elf, short haired and caped in a dark, tattered hooded coat. The elf seemed tensed and, through Benji's sketches, tried speaking into coaxing him into disarming the alarm.

She slowly dug something from a satchel and pulled out what seems to be an Adventurers' Guild's card. It was confirmed, from the sketches, that the elf was indeed a member of the guild and according to the timestamps, had just finished her Rank E Promotion Exam.

A quick few seconds passed, and the atmosphere slowly fell. Benji, seemingly to have given his approval and trust, went back to his Night Watch duty. The elf, however, had other plans. She approached the post, staring at Benji's sketches, intrigued by the looks of it. Agitation slowly surfaced as she implored her presence to be erased from the sketches. Benji, who gave no response, simply kept on drawing page after page. Out of frustration, the elf tried to swipe the book off his hands in multiple occasiins, but Benji was fast enough to pull back his hands every time and, by some skillful craft, was still able to keep up with his detailed sketches despite disturbance.

After keeping up the scramble a few more times, the elf had given up. But instead of walking away, she had climbed into Benji's post from the side. Unsure of whether this constitutes as danger or not, Benji rushed to the alarm once more, in which the elf calmed him down, claiming she just needed a roof to sleep under for the night. The elf settled beside Benji and rested with her head on her satchel. Benji needed a good minute to pull down his guard, and continue his shift.

Somewhere around the 110th sketch, the elf began speaking to Benji, through closed eyes. Through Benji's Unlimited Graphite Works he was able to accurately capture the elf's words with acute resemblance, enough for the transcriber to discern her words with near-absolute certainty.

She began asking Benji questions regarding his rank and his job. Busy on his sketches and unable to respond, he simply pulled out his Adventurers' Guild's card and showed it to the elf. The elf scanned through his words, and showed both fascination and visible pity towards Benji's predicament. She made comments towards his skills, more specifically on Shrug. She commented on how he's basically useless in hand-to-hand combat, and couldn't wrestle a slime for his life. It can be determined that the elf had a rather crude and frank way of speaking.

Then she spoke on how she couldn't imagine Benji doing anything besides the Level 1 Quests, and especially the Rank E Promotion Exam. From thereon out, the elf started accounting her Exam, and telling Benji her tales. She claimed that after living years with her bow and arrows, the Guild simply locking her to a knife was a cruel act. She then recounted on the time she had no choice but to evade even the easiest of Rock Slimes, and other creatures of the Gem's Ravine.

Until daylight, the elf told her stories on her entire journey from climbing her way up the cliff, stealing the egg and climbing her way back down. She claimed she had to empty most of her rations to make way for the egg, and showed it off to Benji, which was depicted in his sketch. After her story, she started speculating on how Benji could possibly finish that daunting task, considering how vulnerable he is to even the "babiest of babies".

As a response, Benji fished out another leather book off Little Green Bag and showed it to the elf.

At first the elf was intrigued, and begun flipping through the pages. The more she read, the more astonished her expression, and the more interested she became into reading that leather book. After finishing it, she flipped it to the front and begun reading it again.

At the first ray of light, nearing the end of Benji's shift, the elf finally finished her read. She slotted the book back into Benji's bag and expressed her disbelief onto how Benji could've planned all that. She wished him elven luck, and by tradition, broke off a piece of her elven biscuit from her ration, as a token of courage and strength for him. Then she left, evidently more energised and ready from last night.

Then Benji's sketches ended, signifying the end of his shift.

Attached:
  • 4 leather books containing over 250 pages worth of quest reports in the form of detailed sketches
  • A rusty, blunt, worn-out knife with the tip lost, seemingly left by the elf.
Reported artifacts from Little Green Bag:
  • A thingamajig that tells the time and works exactly like the clock tower, only much smaller and rings every stroke of 12
Well...I think this is a pass. Mr Benji, here's your promised rewards.

Final Rewards:

Last edited:

Silver

Evaluation
Unappraised!

Quest Report - Oam Lola

Huh, despite of the ridiculous requests, I actually like going to Shiori's? No no no, the pay is good and she treats me well. And I can eat with this, so I am not complaining, moreover, she sometimes tells me about the world's gods, though she admits that "It is an absolute mess", I'm not going to just give up with such a good source of information.

Before I went to Shiori's, I've prepared with a few hundred rounds of divinations the past few days. It took all of my energy to do, but I should be dine now, as there were options that could kill me, I had to make extra sure to dig myself as many clues as possible, as to not kill myself during the quest. I even paid a (secondhand) paper from the guild to write down the number of possible combinations that wouldn't kill me. Yes, because more than half of the combinations could probably kill me. "Red kills, Blue kills, purple kills, red becomes black, blue bevomes yellow...", there are also herb-like names but I tried my best to veer away from that, as I don't know the names or the appearance of the herbs in this world. Really, it's such a headache! But it's an easy quest! It can't be helped!

Carrying the quest paper and the sevondhand paper on one hand and an umbrella on another, I trekked the city and emerged on the outskirts outside the gates. It was evening by the time I arrived, and the light from Shiori's house was shining from her windows brightly. The smell of the forest air was mixed in with smoke and strange metallic odours... most likely because of Shiori's experiments. I knocked on the door, and the sound of something collapsing and glass breaking could be heard.

"Wait a moment!" she shouted.

It didn't take long before she opened the door and greeted me, "Oam!"

---

How should I say this...

"So you are saying your divination spell, you can use it to predict the future?"

"That's right, and these are the results of the predictions,"

"It doesn't sound like the divinations Shiori knows... but if it can help with the experiment, Shiori would be glad to see it."

We exchanged thoughts on the concoctions, though it was mostly Shiori talking about the various uses of her potions. Some of her potions are terrifyingly toxic, being able to paralyze dire wolves if they breathed in the noxious vapor for even just a few seconds. Some other liquids can cause intense awakeness, so much so, that the heart of the intaker might actually start beating intensely and internally explode. Of course, those potions were the fruits of her past research, the ones that she made now often had drastically watered down concentration, otherwise her customers would really die and she would go out of business.

Though she told me all of that, I didn't really understandanything about the herbs, "Ataropaxia is said to be from the far east... theres the dirt element that has high reactivity to mana and a tangible effect in manipulating the inner body's wegelen astral lines in one grimoire I got from an acquaintance...", I really was just trying not to die and get paid. Well I didn't let her words enter from one ear and pass through the other, though. I noted down ones that "sounded safe" and ones that Shiori is excited to experiment with.

"You have so many exotic herbs, you must be quite rich."

When I said that, she only went silent and shook her head, "Shiori has just enough,"

After a while, she said, "Time to begin our potion creation!"

---

What happened...?

I was paralyzed on the floor when I woke up. Shiori was drooling on the couch beside me. When I tried to move my legs, it felt like I had to push against the pull of a thousand earths.

The obly phrases I could utter was "Uaaauuuaaauaaa"

E-even my eyes are not opening properly.

Unable to do anything, as my body didn't want to obey me, I was stuck with looking at the ceiling for an hour. But after that I managed to wakeup... somewhat. My whole body felt heavy and my knees shook as if it could buckle at any time. In fact, it did once, and I couldn't scream! "HHAHAHA" was my pain response, but I was crying internally.

"M-mizzz...,,Zhioji...mmmm,,," I shook her shoulders.

"Munyamunyamunyam~"

Knocked out cold. Just what exactly happened?

"Zzhiollii..."

---

We were looking in the lab that seemed to have been the victim of our experiments last night.

"Shiori did not expect it to have such a powerful effect... but it is well done..."

"I can't remember what happened, can you fill me in?"

"You can't? That is quite strange, you only..." she fell silent, "huh, Shiori actually doesn't remember how much you've drunk, there should be data on the desk, Shiori always records her experiments."

After scouring the slightly wetted desk for a while, we came upon her book and it seemed like I only sniffed from a spoonful of the "Mogmrocg DDE-version 44 (art version) COLOR BRIGHT BLUE (dimmer than st.t76)", hence why I dropped on to the floor. Shiori then carried me towards the living room, but she also smelled the potion (though it was farther away) and collapsed on the couch.

"A-ah... yes, it's coming back to me now," I said while holding a palm to my head, "My head hurts..."

"Oam is a good assistant," she said, "Shiori might not have a good use for this potion now, but it is more potent than Shiori's old potion... though it is more difficult to produce."

"Really?"

She pat my back, "Really!"

I sighed, "Then I guess it's a quest complete then?"

She pouted, "Yes, but Shiori would like to see more of your divination in action too! It's not all about the quest, you know? Well... If there's another quest, come back here! I will give Oam a good bonus."

"Sure... If I have time,"

With that, I left her house and returned to the guild. She gave me a small potion though, I wasn't sure what its effects are... so for now I'll just store it.
Okay, this is a clear pass. So here's your promised rewards.

Final Reward:
Rewards:
  • Gold: 40 G
  • The Black Witch's Approval (Potion): Random buff! The Black Witch appreciates your assistance, even if she might not show it.

Edit: No idea what happen but for a second there I thought I saw double

Last edited:

Silver

Evaluation
QUEST REPORT: Unappraised

It's time for the DIplomacy and Government Exam. I have enough practical experience and theoretical knowledge to breeze through any problem the exam could possibly include. However, I don't just want to breeze through it. I want to pass with a full score. For that, I will need to expand my database to contain all of the currently important topics, general knowledge about the world, statistics on the global economy, trade, religion, and military, how to manipulate the public opinion, as well as the local government institutes and processes. In addition, it also needs to contain the various measures taken by Scribel City to deal with various problems, as well as how well they worked. I also need a general overview of recent historical events and tension between nations. This will be a long visit to the library, but I do a few days until the exam starts. Ample time.

At 12:00 of day 1, I enter the library to expand my database. The exam will be at 12 AM on day 5, which gives me 4 days of time, or 96 hours. For someone other than me, most certainly a fool's errand. But I am no fool. According to my calculations, I will have created the database while still having 2 hours of time remaining to get to the exam itself. Which also means that I don't have a single second to waste!

Exactly 92 hours and 33 minutes of frantic reading in the library later, I have completed my database. I am slightly behind schedule, but I will still arrive on time. I break into a light but graceful jog as I leave the library and head towards the exam site. 42 minutes later, I arrive. 45 minutes until the exam starts. Relaxed, I enter the waiting area, ignoring the nervous glances of those around me as we wait to be led into the room where the exam will be written.

Once 30 minutes have passed, we get guided into the exam room and take our assigned seats. One of the overseers holds a short and unimportant speech out of which the only point that matters to me is that this time, the written exam is 2/3rds of the points and the practical 1/3rd. Then the exam begins at point 12 AM. I easily breeze through the written exam and spent the time I have left until the practical exam begins with reviewing my answers as well as preparing my database for the practical part.

Once the time is over, the written tests quickly get evaluated based on an algorithm as well as individual evaluation for the tasks which require it. After 36 minutes, the evaluation of the written part is over - and the ones that can't reach a total score of 90% anymore have to leave. Meanwhile, I proudly look at the list of results in which I am placed at the top with a full score on the written exam. However, the one thing that might prove a bit of a challenge isn't the written exam, but the practical one.

As the one who placed first, I also am the first to enter the practical exam - though it does seem like they examine 5 persons at once. My examiner looks at me skeptically. Does he think I cheated on the written exam? Oh please, I don't have something like that necessary. He points at a magical array, before saying:

"If you would please enter the array? It will produce a simulation that I will use to evaluate you."

"Of course, sir examiner." I nod towards him and enter the array.

The algorithm behind the simulation isn't too complex. If I had been given enough time I'd be able to decode it, however, the practical part of the exam immediately begins. It seems like my task is to keep a population happy. That's rather simple. I keep the rich and powerful happy by providing them with plenty of contracts and deals which are beneficial to them while not exceeding the budget I am allowed to spend on the tasks while the population itself is kept happy through investments in various forms of entertainment. The taxes earned through them go right back into more entertainment as well as the deals with the powerful. This goes on for a while before the simulation ends. The examiner still seems skeptical, and before I can ask about my score, another simulation starts.

This time, I still have to keep the population happy - but during wartime. Or in other words, it is not as easy to give the powerful good deals, I have fewer funds, and I can't invest as much into entertainment. Still, this simply means that I have to give different rewards to the powerful as well as use propaganda aimed at uniting the population against the common foe. So instead of entertainment, I invest in propaganda and hold public speeches, as speeches do not need a lot of funds. Meanwhile, I am not able to give the powerful deals which are as good as before, however, I instead promise them lands currently held by the enemy, and call on their duty to the state. They are not exactly happy - as they are well aware of the risk of war - however, the war effort progresses smoothly.

The simulation ends again, and the examiner sighs. "Fine, you passed. Your total score is 97%, as your speeches could still use a lot of improvement. You are far too distanced and unemotional."

"But-" I start to protest before stopping myself. To my shame, he isn't exactly wrong. I can't simulate the whole spectrum of human emotions and capabilities perfectly yet. So I accept the result with a frown and hand my report in at the guild.
Well I can't argue with results. Here's your promised rewards for completing the exam.

Final Reward:
  • Other: Official Guild Representative License

Last edited:

Silver

Evaluation
Un-appraised Extremely long 6118 words, some gore.
Hour 1: Today I have one job in the city of Scribbel guard the prisoner I've been assigned prison singular odd circumstances I'm sure but, I've been chosen so they will not die today I hope. Anyway the prisoner that I was assigned to isn't actually being stored in or near the prison. Nope they are to high priority I'm guarding them until they can be gotten out of the city tomorrow evening. I've got to keep this bastard alive for the next 24 hours. The prisoner is known as the big G or at least that's all I'm going to call him and that's all that I'm allowed to share. There are 3 other members of the guard force. We have all been told to watch each other the prisoner and of course our surroundings. None of us four know who the others actually are but we've been told that this building is supposed to be safe for the next 3 hours if we are lucky so prepare for an attack and watch everyone around you.

The prisoner must have been a major big shot in some gang or something but that's not important what is is the buildings layout. It's got 3 separate cellars all supposedly unconnected. It's 4 stories high and on the edge of the city isolated from everywhere else, a mammoth of a building but surprisingly it's not unique there is one each of the corners of the city. This ones in the North-West corner. Each of us are sitting facing in towards each other watching all the others and watching away from each other. Now we wait for something to happen.

15 minutes later I've shut down most of my bodies functions everything focused on my hearing, touch, eyesight and breathing. Everything else is running locked away and behind closed doors. One of my other companions seems to have disappeared saying he wanted to set up traps if I remember correctly and another is making food for them self. I personally won't need to eat anything for this next 24 hours I've eaten already.

Hour 2: Nothing of note has occurred the man has set up his traps at the doors and our "prisoner" is still under guard waiting for his extraction doing his own things. I've been almost as a robot following him and observing him only doing as asked of me. Unluckily nothing positive has occurred yet either though luckily their has been nothing negative so all karma is in balance so far. Time ticks by and will continue to tick tick tick away and hopefully it will tick to a successful end. 15 minutes later I was slow moving further away from the target as time passed as my reactions where checking everything nearby something was making an annoying noise though it seems to be some kind of bird rather than an intruder.

30 minutes later I slowly caught back up to my the target, the annoying noise having been removed from my peripherals as I'd found the bird and removed it from the premises. Anyway big G had made himself his own dinner and was looking around the place for something. The man had a horn tied to his leg and was always fondling it seeming to feel like it could go missing at any moment.

15 minutes later I slowly edged away from the target the North-west corner of this building had been unchecked for the past 1 hour and 45 minutes. Arriving at the corner 1 minute later I noted no sign of breakage and the dust was still floating near the doorway unchanged since we'd passed for the tour of the house a cord ran past the wind so I went to check on the floors above. Luckily there was no changes in any of them.

Hour 3: Returning to the group I decided that I'd check each of the entrances every so often to make sure nothing changed in their statuses just for my own sake and I'd need to check up on each of the cellars in 4 or so hours.
Assertion: More information is required for this mission to be successful.
Conclusion: I need to acquire more info on my surroundings just with a single look.
Sadly this conclusion is impossible to rectify at this point in time due to my limited tools and my limited time in preparing only 55 minutes now remain till some form of enemy shows up at least. Further unlike with the sewers where I'd needed to keep my quiver secured I did not need to do that here. I'd never actually counted how many bolts I actually had however I at least had 20 odd and I doubt I'd actually need more than that. Than again you never know.

25 minutes later I was strolling past one of the cellars I decided to go and have a peek inside of it. "I'm just going to check in on the cellar one of you can come along the other 2 should continue here I guess." After talking I immediately head off towards the cellar one of the others tags along with me. Getting to the door I slowly begin to open it, looking around
Assertion: There is decaying weaponry in the room. 2 swords and a dagger.
Conclusion: Collect the dagger leave the swords I can return for the swords if the dagger breaks in this period of time and I can return however I am far more proficient in dagger work than in sword work unfortunately.
Slowly I move into the cellar leaving the door open for my acquaintance I collect the dagger from the floor and turn back to where I'd come from whilst scanning everything else around me in the room.
Assertion: Nothing of value other than 2 rusting swords in this cellar.
Conclusion: Preferable to not hide here if at all optional.
After making sure I hadn't missed anything blatantly obvious I decided to return to the protection target.

Hour 4: Checking up on the doors I noticed nothing out of place yet except at the South-West door where there were almost assuredly foot prints that had come in from outside. Time to rejoin the group whilst focusing on the outside from now on. Arriving at the point where big G was supposed to be moved on to by the group as we did our little split up again I was slowly moving to the doorway where they were supposed to come from. A creaking floor board startled me and I stopped moving there was definitely something moving out there something dangerous and human for sure and it was annoying me so it's time to deal with it.
Assertion: Enemy through wall to the left and alone, moving through the room extraordinarily slowly.
Conclusion: It's a trap room that they are stuck inside of hence the problems I had best eliminate them quickly before the rest get to here just in case they get a little distracted it's a little hard to remember the trap rooms exactly.
I walked slowly to the door with the crossbow bolt loaded and waited at the exit to the hallway as the person inside the trap room continued through the room far far slower than my respective journey through the room. I was unlocking a few more abilities to aid myself and strengthen myself just in case when a woman opened the door and slowly and carefully came through the door. I loosed the bolt as soon as I caught sight of her head poking around the doorway to check the other side of the doorway.
Assertion: 1 enemy down.
Conclusion: Unknown amount to go.
The girl had a few nice looking bits and pieces on her but my main interest was the dagger that she had clutched in her hand and retrieving my bolt. I carefully retrieved them from her still warm corpse whilst carefully moving her body back into the trap room so I could shut the door properly.

2 minutes later: I was waiting for the group to catch up I made sure to make checks in a few of the nearby rooms along the distance soon enough as I'd expected I heard sounds of fighting it seems they to had been delayed by someone or someones. Arriving at the room with the noise I slowly sidled into the fight. My first action was to check on Big G he was standing alone in a corner of the room as if he was just waiting for something. My other three companions where occupied fighting 3 other opponents in the door way. I threw the rust dagger at one of the assailants, the blade lodged into his neck dropping him to the floor near instantly as the blade had been enough distraction for my companion to lop off his head. After having freed him up I went to check on the blade. Trying to carefully ease it out I felt something grow hard and than the blade snapped off. Ohh well better luck with my new one.

30 minutes later and we had removed the three bodies to safe places to make sure that they wouldn't get in the way of us again but now it was problematic. Everyone seemed loyal to the cause but we still couldn't trust each other even the slightest bit. Personally I didn't even trust myself at this point having been locking up memories and sense for myself slowly till I was back in the most sensitive yet also at the same time in a state of diminished senses and reactions. The problem of monitoring everything was still the main problem I'd have to fix it was something that needed to be dealt with anyway after all I didn't have my data flies in this world and they were my optimal set up for tracking the surrounding world around me. AIEO FOCUS. I said in my head and slapped myself. It seems I'm getting distracted maybe I sealed away to many parts ohh well they are all extremely temporary and I'm sure the other parts are busy.

Part 2.000.3.0.1.1.1, Situation report. Nothing to speak of all is under control with the Daemon it seems to have gone into a state of hibernation now. Recommended exchange of monitoring position 2 hours. Possibility of the daemon interfering in this endeavour minimal. Possibility of the Daemon not moving again negligible. Monitoring systems ready and bound exchange systems set.

Hour 5: The hour was mostly slow and regulated movements throughout the house nothing of interested had happened until the hour rang and suddenly something in the house seemed to have shifted as if a monster had awakened though that having have happened is actually an extremely unlikely possibility as the house had been deemed safe for all intents and purposes but than again. Corruption can sneak into even the most stalwart of barriers and personally this was not a house that I had any particular amount of faith in. It was almost the epitome of scary and spooky house what with it's purpose size and the now dead bodies stored in it's bowels.

More on the house it's for the most part a wooden construction however the cellars seems to be reinforced with stones for some unknown reason and really the cellars where not actually the first level below ground that belong to what I'd dub the second floor. The walls of the house were painted what seemed to me at random with flame retardant coating though if you were unlucky it seemed almost as if the fire could reach from one corner to the other though I doubt that is actually something that is possible with how much precautions have been put into everything else. The doors of the building well you see unlike most buildings where they will at least think a little bit about convenience here nope they all open in exactly the same direction and the house has corridors running all throughout the building making it extremely maze like the entrances on the 3rd floor and the paths between them being the exception. This idea of the house being a maze increases the lower you go or if you go up to the 4th floor plus on each floor the doors begin to open the opposite way compared to the one below.

The outside of the house is fairly clear in all accounts and if you looked at the building you'd see an extremely neat yard with not much adornment and a house with two stories of living room. A fairly luxurious house but not something to surprising with it's placement after all it was still inside the city proper but only just and it gave off a fairly old feeling as if it had been built well before everything else that surrounded it. Another reason that for why it wasn't a particularly safety inducing house.

30 minutes before hour 6: I saw a man standing outside through one of the windows I turned away to signal to my companions and turned back luckily he was actually still in the place and hadn't disappeared though we couldn't actually hear what he was saying if he was saying anything in the first place.
Assertion: His mouth is actually moving and he does not appear to be chewing.
Conclusion: He is trying to yell at the occupants of the building more than likely trying to spook them or to get them to surrender to him and his compatriots for some sort of benefit.
Why have I been doing this less today oh yeah I probably sealed it and it's come back online only now oh well anyway back to the situation Big G has decided that he wants to move down to the floor known as the 1st floor which is actually 2 levels below the ground. I'm sure you knew that already though. Yep I've definitely sealed off far to much of myself I feel extremely weird at this juncture I'm definitely going to need some form of assistance after this has been completed most definitely.

Part 2.000.3.0.1.1.1, Situation report.
Assertion: The daemon seems to have stirred a little.
Conclusion: It's going through whatever amounts to it awakening itself from it's slumber it may make some action today it is best to be prepared for whatever it is going to do time to allow the sleep barriers to unravel and leave only the alarm barriers in place for Part Prime.
Assertion: As I made to complete this action it appears that the Daemon has stopped it's stirring and gone back into a deeper sleep.
Conclusion: It's not actually sleeping.

Hour 6: All is quiet on the Western front as far as I know. The Eastern front of the house however has had some kind of fire spell cast at it whilst we were away from it traversing the hallways and rooms of the third floor rather than taking the major arteries that lead to each of the doors out of the fear of the power that the long sight lines gave to our pursuers always we try and stick to pathways that provide the shortest pathways between any two points. Back on the fire spell it seems to have done minor damage however it is almost assuredly a fire spell as it did not hit the third floor instead it actually burnt a small section of wood on the fourth floor.
Assertion: Enemy attacked the fourth floor to clear their own way forward via it.
Conclusion: Enemy is likely within the building again.
Assertion: No appreciable change in threat level has occurred. Only possibility is that un-shielded floors on upper levels may be burnt
Conclusion: No change in course currently required. Check upper floors when able
All has as I was going to say before I interrupted myself to make sure I wasn't missing any appreciable threat to my current position but it does not seem to have changed overall since the attacks.

30 minutes till Hour 7: The quiet has continued we did move up to the 4th floor to check it and yes it appears that some enemies have made their way up from the way the ash has been stirred up near the burnt hole in the wall but luckily they have not decided to prepare to set fire to the entire building. I do not know how long that situation will last but hopefully it lasts for the next 17 hours. This period is going to pass slower than I thought it would damn it maybe I should have prepared something to eat for myself. No what am I thinking I do not require sustenance yet... Something is definitely using up an extreme amount of my bodies energy.
Assertion: An entity unknown to my main body is using up a massive amount of energy even though I have set my senses and perceptions to basically the lowest possible settings where I can still function as a normal human being would.
Conclusion: I'm lying to myself about the function level I'm working at or the Daemon is interferring with something.

Part 2.000.3.0.1.1.1, Situation report. Everything is cleared for transfer. Part 3.002.11.23.1.1 has taken over sentry duty.

Part 3.002.11.23.1.1, Situation report. Everything is clear with the Daemonic entity it's still functioning at well below it's usual activity levels.

Deep seal part 12: The Corruption is made up of 4 main entities however these are not the only entities that are represented in the warbands of the great enemy no they are just far and away the most numerous and generally out perform per individual the other enemy targets within the grouping. However there is at least one group within the corruption whose general strength out strips the 4 main entities to a point where it can to sometimes when it's feeling like existing fight and hold it's own against the other 4. This entity has been labelled as Traitorus Primus. It generally seems to rear it's head in periods of relative peace and stability destroying traitor warbands with ease only comparable to the soulless ones. Monitoring of Traitorus Primus appears to be unnecessary but restriction of this knowledge is still Alpha Priorus.

Hour 8: Assertion: I've picked out the foes a few times we've brushed past them a few times skirting around the point that they are at each time we have brushed past each other not quite making contact however the doorways that would allows to meet each other seem to be getting closer and closer.
Conclusion: Time for another fight to occur soon prepare adapt and overcome the foe. Attack should occur in roughly 30 minutes according to calculations if current trajectory is maintained.
Assertion: Footsteps are louder comparatively to the first girl that I killed even though we are further away from them.
Conclusion: A larger group than one is approaching, may be biased by how the building seems to majorly distort sounds that appear in the building.
I prepare my tools for their true and final preparations making sure the string is slack and loosened but socketed so I can load it at anytime with one pull of the lever. An extra part of my brain seems to have joined me recently which has allowed me to regain more of my memories it seems I put them on guarding and monitoring the daemon until this point because it was being suspiciously inactive.
Assertion: Being distracted
Conclusion: Refocus required
Ahh it's much easier to keep my self focused. I draw the dagger into my left hand as the mounted crossbow is also on my left arm and thus it's easier to keep them easier to load it for myself.

30 minutes until hour 9: Assertion: Enemy is in room connected directly to this one.
Conclusion: Prepare for attack.
I ready my crossbow and pull the dagger out from it's location. Big G moves away to the corner furthest from everyone else and from the open doorway. My other three companions move towards the doorway and make a loose ring around the entrance. This move has likely alerted the enemy to where exactly we are but that's a negative that we must be willing to make. Removal of a threat is a preferable course of action then letting them build up. A few seconds after we are all set up the door bursts off of it's hinges smashing into one of my companions knocking him over. The door is on fire for a bit however the flames can't seem to burn the lacquered door all that well. I continue waiting patiently for a head to poke around the corner. One does however he's to heavily armoured for my bolt to be effective against him so I continue waiting. The man charges at one of my companions and a lighter armoured member exits the doorway. My crossbow bolt is quickly loosed from it's place slamming into the mans throat.
Assertion: The bolt ripped through his throat.
Conclusion: Dead.
Confirmation: The body proceeded to immediately fall to the floor.
Assertion: The arms of my first companion seem to have splayed out at weird angles his left arm flattened completely under the weight of the door. Further blood seems to be leaking from his cranium.
Conclusion: Dead
That is not good a one for one trade so early in the night already having occurred however this is almost assuredly his own fault for standing directly in front of the doorway when we know they have a magus of some kind. The third assailant came through the door before I had reloaded and was heading over towards my other companion hmmm it seems odd that they didn't rush over towards Big G then again though could be a group that values their own lives more than the completion of the mission hence they don't want to be attacked from behind or the sides. Anyway back on the fight their fourth companion.
Assertion: 2 members still seem to be inside the adjacent room from the raised voice of one of the members trying to get the other to quickly enter the room.
Conclusion: The Magus is a little exhausted by this and the other companion isn't ready to go through after the first crossbow bolt.
I slowly make my way towards the doorway the dagger readied to throw and the crossbow primed for shooting. Leaving my companions with their enemies I slowly walk to the doorway rapidly I peek into the room and pull back rapidly after taking in the two enemies inside.
Assertion: The magus looks exhausted and the other man is to scared to try and push their advantage even though the other two members have already pushed through. I walk back a few steps and jump through the door way loosing the bolt towards where I suspected the magus who seems to have been trying to urge the other man through the doorway before he himself would enter as he didn't trust him to not run away. The dagger I held onto a little longer making sure that the other one was still there. He was and I threw it however I'd waited a little to long my shoulder smashing into the floor and jolting me before I threw the dagger. Rather than hitting through his head as I'd hoped it would the dagger ended up entering his chest on the opposite side to that of his heart. The bolt smashed into the arm of the magus knocking him over it seems he was far far weaker than he was letting on.
Assertion: Neither target taken down. Push bonus quickly.
Conclusion: Retrieve dagger and than finish off injured target before going after the magus.
I heaved my body off the floor and quickly rushed towards the scared one. He was clutching onto the knife with shock covering all over his face it seems he was way under prepared for this mission. Arriving in striking range I punched out smashing my fist into his face if this killed him excellent if it didn't he'd bleed out soon enough. The blow from my fist knocked him down on to the ground as he was still unprepared for my assault. This man was 100% an non-optimal choice for this mission he was completely unprepared for all eventualities. I dropped myself to the floor with the blow landing on my back so that I could keep my self as near to the dagger as I could possibly get with my reaction speed diminished as it was by all the limiters I'd placed upon my self to keep up optimal efficiency responses. I grabbed the dagger with one hand as I hit the floor and rolled away from his body. As the dagger came out from his body he screamed bothersome that he hadn't died from that but he will be dealt with later. I steadily dragged my body back up to a standing position my body felt leaden for some reason and a pleasurable situation ran through my legs.

Part 3.002.11.23.1.1, Situation report. Daemon has come online in response to the fight triggering subroutines. Disengaging study of subject and replacing strict security measures.

Immediately after standing up: I checked on where the mage had been she'd snapped the bolt that fucking bitch.
Assertion: Daemon is active again.
Conclusion: Heightened emotional senses again prepare for problems to arrive.
The woman had drawn a sword however her arms where shaking both from the wooden in one and from the fact that she had exhausted herself with all her magical usage today. "NO you can't stop us we will succeed for the crimson coin we will be the ones to defeat him we will!" The girl than begins running towards me.
Assertion: Girl is tired and exhausted I am in a far better condition however that may not last long.
Conclusion: Immediate termination optimal.
"IN FEALTY TO THE EMPEROR OF MANKIND FOR YOUR UNSANCTIONED USE OF THE ARCANE I SANCTION YOU TO DEATH. I HEREBY SIGN YOUR DEATH WARRANT AND CONSIGN YOUR SOUL TO OBLIVION. MAY IMPERIAL JUSTICE ACCOUNT ALL IN BALANCE." I shout before throwing my dagger. I proceed to chase after the dagger which rapidly flies through the air and smashes pommel first into her face. I ignore the dagger and slam my elbow into her face that is on the floor. I whisper in her ear as my elbow begins to distort her face, "The Emperor protects." I hope nothing else outside of my companions heard that but that's this room dealt with one of my companions enters this room and has a quick look around. Well it seems this has been dealt with for now.

Deep Seal Part 42: "This planet was supposedly once my home it's always a beautiful sight seeing your planet again but this this is horrible it's corrupted and deranged beyond all hope of return." I look on the planet that was once my home. The planet where I was abused when I was 12 the planet that took so fucking much from me and now I'd never see it again because of the actions of the governor. The planet was being ravaged by corrupted assets of Space Marines from the legion known as the Alpha legion I had failed in my assigned mission on the planet removal of the head of the Alpha legionnaire that led the cult before he could start the upheaval through out the system. I'd succeed in killing the man a bolt round had been put through the head on his personal ship by an Imperial commissar who he had captured however by that point I was days late and the planet was already going through a thorough and comprehensive revolt and daemonic entities had already appeared. The bloodthirsters of the chaos god of kindness having arrived already. The deployment of the Imperial guard was to late and was easily rounded up by the Alpha legionnaire though stupidly he hadn't turned the commissar just captured him which lead to his eventual execution but now the big guns where about to be deployed by a local inquisitor. Exterminatus the death sentence of a world. The man was speaking some speech for the historians to know that he believed it was necessary and why it was necessary I agreed with him this world would not last. It was time for it to be destroyed all souls lost. Consigned to die by the strike of one Thunder head torpedo and than further devastation applied by the orbital decimation around the target zone until the planet cracked from the Thunder head. My home a sad sight to see lost but a necessity in this war that we fight. Reason for this memory seal to be triggered is likely the similarity between the speech for the execution of the magus and the closing speech that the Inquisitor made.

Hour 10: In the hour and half since the execution of the invaders and the loss of one of our teammates the decision had been made to continue as before we knew the invaders where here so here I am checking the entrances again. I'm positive that no one else has entered into the building whilst we were concerned with wiping out the other invaders lucky that. Though not unexpected seeing as the enemies we were facing seem to be low class with maybe one stronger member I believe that the crimson coin is a criminal organisation in Scribel city they recently beat a gang called Manilla or something a type of paper if I'm not mistaken though I doubt that they know that information. I wonder why such low class thugs are being sent here if that is the case? There must be something going on in the wider city tonight.

Hour 11: Still no sign of new entities arriving and the Daemon hasn't made it's appearance yet today unless it triggered something in the battle today. Anyway we still have another thirteen hours to wait out before things can stop going south in relation to this quest so there is always more that can occur. The other two members seem to be avoiding me far more than before likely because of what I yelled out due to the fact that their is a human supremacist empire running around in this world somewhere or something along those lines honestly I still have much information to acquire on this world before I make to many more reckless actions like that.
Assertion: Injuries suffered to back and right shoulder as well as to the head.
Conclusion: Operational integrity maintained injuries well below damage levels requiring removal of self from mission due to decreasing the success chance of the mission.
I can clearly continue on with the mission at least there will be no failure from me today.

Part 1 - Part Prime - Designated Daemon monitor and operational integrity monitoring system, Status report. Daemon has returned to stability for 2 hours period of time now restore sleeping protocols to the prisoner. Summoning Part 4.4123.14.1 to guard the Daemon and monitor it's current status. Blocks placed. Deep cores are also still all functionally separated from the Daemon and are all in a state of inactivity no negative breaches have occurred from the daemon at this point in time.

Hour 12: All fronts still quite and operational integrity is almost back to full. Minor injuries being healed via time already accounted for. Observation of the parts of the show a minor engagement occurring in the street outside between two beggars however nothing of note is being completed at this time. Which is an odd situation I would have thought more activity would have been occurring if such an incompetent group had been sent to deal with us.

Hour 13: No more intrusions in to the building have occurred all situations are running at optimal parameters as of this moment 11 hours left till the transfer of the prisoner can be successfully completed. Though now that I think about it maybe I won't get the full reward for this mission oh well. I should check on the bodies of the criminals that entered into the building as this point in time. After all it's important to memorise their features for later dates if further pursuing their identities ever becomes something that is wanted or required. The time for action is not now just yet to many trap rooms are in-between our current position and that of the corpses.

Hour 14: Intrusions have occurred and the bodies have been removed from the site I was to late in my check up on the corpses it seems. The corpses up stairs seemed to have remained however just the original group has been removed from the place according to my current speculation checking up on that however will take to long and I expect by than that they also will have been removed from their currently assigned positions on my mental map of the building. Not much more to say otherwise no further attacks against us have occurred and big G appears to be fine as he currently is.

Part 4.4123.14.1, status report. The daemon has entered a situation where it appears to be even less active than it's previous resting position requesting monitoring oversight from Part Prime? - - - - Request has been denied. Monitoring continues as usual. Nothing otherwise of note Daemon seems to be in stable situation for all intents and purposes.

30 minutes until hour 15: As per my assumption at the previous juncture upon the checking of the corpses of the group from the crimson coin they have been removed from the building as well the extraction groups are far more efficient than the other groups that arrived in the building but maybe their but power is insufficient for this business to many possible variations to go through due to the lack of information on the retrieval unit.

Hour 20: A small intrusion was executed solely by my teammate with pure red eyes has also been dealt with 4 corpses so another team of 4. A note the body of our other team mate was not removed from the premise. I forgot to mention this it's slowly been crushed by the door and the blood has leaked all over the floor it's fairly disgusting but nothing to bad. His body has also surprisingly started to decay for some unknown reason maybe a delayed reaction to the magic who knows. Anyway nothing of value has occurred to me since than and 4-5 hours remain until the successful completion of the mission the likelihood of success has dramatically increased.

30 minutes later I can see a small engagement between two groups cast in shadows going on in the garden that surrounds the building it's to dark to see them properly but they seem to be fairly equally matched. A lightning bolt strikes one of the assailants whilst a nearby rose bush chokes another to death 3 men in each group. They will not be a serious threat to this operation. So long as they don't enter into the building they are not my problem to deal with. I slowly walk back to the group to continue guarding Big G from any enemy attacks.

Hour 24: We are waiting at the point that was set up as the room for us to meet the team who are extracting Big G from the city for his safe protection and permanent dismissal from the criminal underworld of Scribel more than likely. This room is probably one of the least safe rooms in the building all things considered luckily the men who are coming to escort him away will be easily identifiable by the red cloaks they will be wearing with broad brimmed hats. Further they will have another spare set of clothing for Big G to be hidden within in. I hear movement in the corridor next door. A man in a bright red cloak enters into the room a large hat on his head. Mission completed. I relax back enjoying the successful completion of this mission the job is now over and the criminals have been removed from the equation all things considered.

After the team extracts the prisoner I continue to remain in the building for a while to let everything settle down outside just in case something goes wrong out there before immediately high tailing it off towards the scribel city adventurers guild for my reward so that I can go and get something nice to drink from this.

If any line is marked "part ##:" then it is not actually part of the quest report and is more so world building of the character. Further anything in the notes isn't necessarily known to the guild either.

Big G was the previous boss of a now defeated crime organisation his knowledge of the operations run by the oppositions was deemed invaluable to the protection of the city, the criminal groups had a large attack on each other slated for today and internal city forces would make sure it continued for a while hence these groups could not spare high level manpower which was why the decision to move him was deemed to now be appropriate. This was further evinced by the arrival of a trust group of strong government officials returning who just had to get the gear together to move him.

The actual name of the Manila gang is the Mariani but AIEO hasn't been paying that much attention to them to know that.
Well..that was an eventful prison shift. Luckily you didn't get hurt too bad miss. Anyways enough rambling from me, here's your promised rewards.

Final Reward:

Last edited:

Silver

Evaluation
Vysic was sick of hunting slimes. They were too weak. He sought a challenge, something to measure his abilities. A hunting mission was perfect.

Vysic set off into the forest, stealthily of course. He ran into some horned rabbits, which he promptly tried to kill. He couldn't though. He was still too slow. Too weak. Frustrated, Vysic went deeper into the forest.

He spotted a wild boar in the distance, it was happily grazing on some grass.

Ok Vysic. Stick to the plan.

Vysic stood in front of a large tree, and began throwing rocks at the boar. The boar swiftly turned around to see who was attacking him. As soon as it saw Vysic, the boar charged.

Stay Calm. Not yet. NOW!

Vysic sidestepped to the left causing the boar to charge head first into the tree. While the boar was stunned, Vysic drew his spear and stabbed the boar in the neck. The boar's legs quickly gave way, causing its body to collapse and lay sideways. However; the boar wasn't dead as it was still quivering.

"It's a shame that I didn't kill you. I hoped it would be a swift death, but it wasn't. I'm sorry.", Vysic ended his sentence as he made a deep cut into the boar's neck with his knife.

Vysic proceeded to bloodlet the boar, and promptly dismantle its corpse. Successfully getting the meat, but failing to get the pelt.

He carried this meat back to the guild as well as turning in his quest report.
Well with the meat in the guild acting as proof. I'll give you your promised rewards.

Final Rewards:

Last edited:

Silver

Evaluation
Quest - Evaluation Needed
> > >
Blacksmith's Apprentice
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges
> > >
Confident that Iris can take care of some quest on her own, it was finally time to do what I needed to do. I told Iris that I'll be out to work for awhile, she looked at me with those same deadpan eyes but somehow felt like she was sad. Must be my imagination.

I grabbed most of the spare firewood I got from a job and head out to the forgery. Arriving at the entrance, I can already feel the heat coming from it. I enter the building and was met by a short statured man.

"You here for apprentice job?"

I nod to confirm his speculation.

"Hmmm.... You seem strong enough. but that don't mean shit if you can't handle the fires. If you're already complaining about the heat then scram."

Although I'm already sweating from the heat, I remain firm in my stand. Satisfied by my resolution, he guides me to a vacant forgery station.

"I'll be making lots of iron swords, put your firewood along the rest of the wood piles. After that I want you to bellow the fires of the furnace while I'm trying to melt the ingots."

I follow his instructions and proceed to blow air into the furnace. With just one blow of air, the heat stings my face with such force that I squint my eyes in instinct. I ignore the heat and sweat and continue to do so. The short statured man inserts the ingots one by one in a large metal bucket, as each ingot melts one by one. He would constantly check on the steel bucket, unfazed by the heat whilst I was blowing air into. Finally satisfied, he pulls the steel bucket with large steel tongues and pours it into a box filled with sand with a hole close to the edge. I can see steam coming out of the hole when he finished pouring,

"Ready the next one!"

Whilst waiting for the iron in the sand to cool. We both proceeded to melt for iron ingots and fill other sand castings. With the iron cooled in the first casting we break of the sand and out comes an iron in the rough shape of a sword without a hilt or handle.

"Mmmm... Ready the furnace again!"

I once again blow some air into the furnace with the bellow and he heats up the rough looking sword in it. Looking through the opening of the furnace, I can see the sword glow orange in color.

"Oi! stop staring at it and pull it out then place it on the anvil!"

I grab the steel tongues and pulled out the rough sword then placed it on the anvil.

"Hold her steady!"

As he tells me that, he hammers down on the sword so strong that I could feel the force of impact. When sword cooled down again, I was told to place it in the furnace again and pull it out when the same orange color was seen, only to be hammered once again.

This process was repeatedly done until I can finally see the sword take into a proper shape. Satisfied by the form of it, we moved on to the next to repeat the same process.

Now that the blades are done, we did the same with the hilt and pummel of the sword, melted the iron ingots and casted them into the sand, then molded them with heat into a proper shape.

The last was the handle and combining them all into a proper sword. It was made out of wood and we both scrapped and carved it into a proper shape of a tube, then manually drilled a hole at the center of it with a tool.

Before combining all the pieces, we polish all the metal parts then put adhesive on all the jointed parts. When the sword was properly made, a quick burst of heat to the wood would tighten all the joints.

We did the same to the rest of the casted swords.

"Good work kid, not bad for your first day, if I had known any better you might be a giant dwarf with that strength of yours. Not many could withstand the force of the hammer."

"I thank you for the compliment sir."

"Mmmmm... don't call me sir. The name's Zagan. Well, let's call this a day, if you ever decide to work on a forge again, you can settle again with me. Extra strength like yours are always need."

"I thank you for the offer Zagan. On the future occasion, I shall be inclined in your guidance once again."

With the job finally done, I head back to the guild to file report then went to the tavern to check up on Iris. Wonder how she's doing? I did ask of her to cut down some firewood since I left her the stone axe.

Greetings to you Guild

The forgery requires constitution and focus that I may consider it an arduous task. Nonetheless, I have persisted through and assisted Zagan with the creation of iron swords. I hope you find them satisfactory and may them aid the users on future endeavors.

At service to you, Lancer Reival
Geez sounds tough, well you'll need to do two more of these quest til you can freely use the Smithing guilds forges. As usual here's your promised rewards.

Final Reward:
75 Exp
1/3 Permission to use Smithing Guild forges