What Is Something Extra That You Did That In Your Story That Might Have Gone Unnoticed?

HypnoticNovels

Hi! Pretty much what the title of this thread says :D . Is there anything you worked super hard on to add immersion to your story that you want to shout out? It doesn't have to have gone unnoticed, but this is a good chance to make your effort known! Tell us about your research to make it happen :D

For example: making a custom language, compiling data, developing a personal set of rules / interworkings of your story's system, etc

Sylver

Well, I made my story start off as a smut before turning it into a romance, and later adding action and story to it.

I'm going to say that's my answer since no one's commented on much besides the smut

SPS4

Using obscure characters from in game lore as people to have short interactions with. Like using the name of the lawyer found in one of the shards from a 2077 cyberpsycho gig. In the shard, the lawyer went over some legal troubles the shop owner was in and tried to help out, so I figured it was a great character to sneak in for any lore junkies.

I also put small Easter eggs and foreshadowing in some of my titles. "The Wise Child" was for a chapter about Michiko Arasaka, who's name means beautiful and wise child. One of my favorites is "Queen of The Ambush", which is referencing how one of my characters would become leader of the Tyger Claws, since an ambush is a group of tigers.

One thing that I know no one cares about is that all my character and other stats are accurate. I've spent a lot of time researching and testing the formulas used in game to have that factor be as true to the reference material as possible. My perks are all pulled from in game and the effects on stats would be identical to if you built a character with the same process.

Last edited:

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
Get a theoretical PHD for isekai physics to define the theoretical physics of isekai.

Yes, this african warlord is certified for an hydroacoustic engineer, biomedical science, geographical and historical degree, as well as being the top graduate from african school of military witchcraft.

Source: dude, trust me

Bobple

Something extra? I think it's just the small seemingly non-purposefully detail that actual meant something went put together, also hints to other stuff. However, I won't say it's been unnoticed. As I've had a keen eye commenter actually notice these things and point them out, which has been really amazing! :blob_aww::blob_highfive:

Something some stupid? I added some yugioh references to the actual card game in my other story. For no real reason, just had the idea to, and I just did it. Don't think anyone has actually noticed, cause why would they?

diosnpckim

Probably making art references (and a little pop culture and historical stuff) here and there hahaha. The extensive research tho hahahaha

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
in this smut

at the end, I implied that the main character was killed by the love interest but no one noticed maybe because no one read it

H0LL0W

Many of the character's superpowers are connected to aspects of themselves.
I have a character called Mary Sue.
In my story women more frequently have abilities than men, but their abilities aren't as dangerous. Around 10-20% of the population has powers, but most aren't dangerous. Of those people, 1 in 10 mill can have 2 abilities.
Mary Sue has two abilities, one passive and the other active. The passive ability is to CONSISTENTLY be lucky and the active ability is "equalizer". She becomes equally as strong as any opponent and can sometimes copy moves.

Her husband's ability is that other abilities don't affect him.... BUT SOMEHOW she is lucky enough to marry a man who loves her and her ability doesn't work on him? LOL. Jeez that's such a coincidence....
I based her looks on Beyonce even, I made her the strongest character ever. She magically is never caught doing anything wrong, she is the #1 ranking superhero in the entire universe, AND she looks younger than her actual age, which is around her 50's.
Both of her kids inherited two abilities, which is a statistical anomaly.

Somehow she is one of the most favorite characters even though it's so obvious she's meant as satire/parody. I even considered naming her son Gary Stu.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
In the original plan, I had an MC, but I ended up liking all the characters in the party, so now there is no 100% MC.