Embarrassing Titles

RootBeerBert

Was definitely popular growing up
Whenever someone has some sort of title or moniker it dignifies them as some sort of big shot, usually. Unlike the natives of the world, my MC, having been summoned, finds most titles to be cringe and embarrassing, she hates her titles because they make her sound evil and/or are just edgy.

I’d like to keep the trend going with all Other-worlders hating the titles they’re given, and wanted some ideas for them. They’re pretty much blanks in terms of powers right now so I’d probably be basing them off suggestions.

Plus, I don’t think I can safely embrace cringe without losing myself…

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Titles are really context sensitive though. It's hard to make up Titles for someone else's world.

But you can randomize, I guess.

Pick a synonym for some word like 'Magnanimous', then add a real title like Lord or Great Hero, then add an overflamboyant word that describes the character's powers, like Luminescence. Adding location names is also useful.

Oh, you could also try a literal randomizer from google.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Whenever someone has some sort of title or moniker it dignifies them as some sort of big shot, usually. Unlike the natives of the world, my MC, having been summoned, finds most titles to be cringe and embarrassing, she hates her titles because they make her sound evil and/or are just edgy.
Well that's a her problem, evil is subjective, edgy is just try harding to be cool and I doubt that (most) title are so because they should sound cool.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Anything that has "harem", "sex" and synonym related to these two.

Oh, "futanari" and "genderbend" as well.

Because it is advertising as Fifty Shades but without the subtlety.

cringe

LilRora

Mostly formless
You can use the names of heroes or gods for that, either from Earth or some fictional ones. The society as a whole generally lacks the knowledge or ability to properly understand how strong a hero is. There might be situations where an Otherworlder is called "The second coming of <someone>" or "<Someone's> successor" or "<Somegod's> champion", but only they and other people at similar level are aware how horribly inaccurate that is, either because they are much weaker, much stronger, or for some other individual reason, like they don't like each other.

Another thing, all kinds of comparisons and adjectives can work, for example an assassin called "Invisible" or a brawler called "Boulder", for the exact same reason as above. Inaccuracy on terms of strength or some other, more specific reason.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Addendum: bad translations. Something wholly innocent in the native language or culture becomes terrible in the Hero's native language. You should be familiar with the concept.

The Master of One Handed Action
The Final Solution to the Demon Problem
The (literally anything) of Bones (Undead Slayer or Necromancer Titles)
Something Rooster
Thick/Heavy/Powerful/Big (Weapon) Master
(Just Google Innuendos and puns, I guess, I'm cutting it there.)

PoorWordsmith

"Lord of Microphallus"
Let me guess the plot.. is it about a Juniior who wished to have Macro because in all of the time during his existence, Lovelife seems a bit unlucky to him because of his Small Pepe. now that he got a Big one.. He now goes on a Journey to bang a Bang ~!!
The Fiendish Blood God Emperor and Son of Azathoth, Noah!!!!!!!!1
does the Excalmation mark needed? :blob_hmm_two: :blob_hmm_two:
The Fiendish Blood God Emperor and Son of Azathoth, Noah!!!!!!!!1
This seems like your Typical Chinese Webnovel Title.. :blob_hmm_two: :blob_sir:

GhoulDrago

Pew pew Gun Hero!!
Fist fighting fighter
Blaze flame scorching fire!
Things where you combine titles with expressions of sound or similar words mbbe. Other suggestions are cool as well.

ArchlordZero

Stage 4 Cancer Shitposter
Dynamite Diarrhea
My MC has a bad habit of going to the toilet in the middle of the warzone

GlassRose

Kaleidoscope of Harmonious Contradiction
True Queen of Monkeys

Don't elaborate on how that title was acquired.