What are the biggest character traits(usually mc) that you despise the most

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I feel like everything I hate about a fantasy protagonist is exemplified in the guy from Shield Hero

Slave Driver
Excessive self pity
Unfriendly even when presented with kindness
A bunch of other stuff

I don’t know if the character gets better (I also don’t care) but from what I watched it was miserable

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
It is the usual trope in every xianxia story; just pick one randomly. It is one of the reasons that made me write my own.
So you can fix em all problems?

Chad.

8lai1g.jpg

GoodPerson

I can always try. :sweating_profusely: :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:
WHERE DAT SHIT AT THEN

Because, you were and are currently one of the professional writers in this site.

So, vhere is it? It iz intriguing, ya know?

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
WHERE DAT SHIT AT THEN

Because, you were and are currently one of the professional writers in this site.

So, vhere is it? It iz intriguing, ya know?
All my attempts are in my signatures. :sweating_profusely: :sweating_profusely: :sweating_profusely:

GoodPerson

All my attempts are in my signatures. :sweating_profusely: :sweating_profusely: :sweating_profusely:
Wait. hol on...

So you're telling me, that these stuff I've been seeing, is attempts of recreating the xianxia but better?

Snapcuriosity.jpg

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
  • Narcissistic
  • Cocky without good reason
  • Cowardice without cause(shinji syndrome)
  • Perverts(in the creepy way. Closet perverts/witty comedic perverts are fine)
  • Parasitic relationally

fluffypie374

Reading through this, I realized... I never knew I was so good at making a MC so bad and hateful. I miss out on the good villain parts and ticked off the annoying stuff all in one from harem-seeking to self-centered to parasitic coward to bad smut... Holy. Adding the bad prose Envy talked about in another post, I'm surprised my novel hasn't been dragged into the 1-star abyss yet... :sweating_profusely:

That aside, the only bad villain protagonist I dislike is the long-winded wordy type that keeps repeating and repeating, usually falling into same trope and doing same things over and over... well, the rinse and repeat type (also happens with normal MC). :blob_hide:

Premier

I'm fine if the MC is an asshole, but if the MC is an asshole and the world contrives to make them "Correct" every single time? Ohohoho- fuck that

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
Cocky, dumb/dense, or just plain stoopid. AKA lazy way of writing someone that's ment to resonate with the audience. Basically now calling them cocky, dumb, dense, or stoopid 🤦

CSDestroyer

I despise hypocrisy. Too many MC's are hypocrites
On the contrary, I do find it characterizes someone very well based on how they reason away their hypocrisy, whether it be cognitive dissonance or otherwise. The problem usually arises when the author is not really self-aware that their protagonist is a hypocrite.

So_Indecisive

Primordial sin of Sloth
On the contrary, I do find it characterizes someone very well based on how they reason away their hypocrisy, whether it be cognitive dissonance or otherwise. The problem usually arises when the author is not really self-aware that their protagonist is a hypocrite.
Yeah especially that. There was this Chinese Webnovel I was reading that got me really pissed off.
The MC kept complaining about how all he wanted is a peaceful life but the world will not let him have peace. Yet the bastard instigates conflicts everywhere, has a strong sense of justice and is always intervening when he doesn't need to and has no sense of compromise.
How do you expect someone to not attack you when you've insulted him in front of others and put his reputation at stake.

This stupidity continues throughout out the novel and yet the MC keeps saying "ah why can't everyone just live in peace"