Proper explanation of "Why parents divorce"

ACertainPassingUser

This is very heavy topic, and this affects not just child or teenager, but even young adults as well due to the nature of the topic.

But do you know how to explain and teach kids on why parents divorce ?

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
This is very heavy topic, and this affects not just child or teenager, but even young adults as well due to the nature of the topic.

It could be many things, regard to meterial needs not being fullfill or just a problem with comunication.

The child won't know about it, maybe if it's a teen then they could caught a hint but still not sure.

The parents may still try to stay together for the kids but at that point it's just not really love anymore.

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

Depends upon the age. Too young better not break the bubble and come up with fairytale to cover up why they have two houses and two birthdays.

Kids are smart so they'll know what's happening. It's just they really haven't have expected they'll separate without fixing it.

It's subjective how to break it to them. Idk ask the ones who divorced

PancakesWitch

Feminism and a watering down of traditional marriage. (I'm looking at you Protestants) 👁️
women not wanting to be with an asshole that pretended to be nice at the start is not feminism lol, and vice versa. traditional marriage is possible as long as both people love each other and are sincere partners that work together, and dont treat each other like shit

Jerynboe

Two people have more disdain for one another than they have respect for the commitment they made to one another. This could be because they have very little respect for the marriage as a partnership for the sake of caring for kids, so at the first sign of trouble they bounce. This is the situation that Lloyd and Azmiran seemed to be thinking of. They also might not believe that separating will have a strong enough negative impact on their children to merit staying together in an environment where the parents aren’t happy.
Other times it’s because the two of them are PROFOUNDLY mismatched to the point where continued attempts to cooperate are counterproductive, which can be for a lot of legitimate reasons. Maybe one or the other is abusive, for example.

Scheherazade

I think the easiest explanation is that they no longer enjoy the presence of each other, at least romantically (some divorcees remain good friends), and that the improvement in their life quality is worth the effort and fallout (if any) of a divorce.

To get deeper, there's the expectations they have of each other (if they've been voiced; it can be hard if they don't even know what they want or how to communicate them), which if are sufficiently breached (cheating, not pulling their weight at home or financially, etc) communicates a lack of respect for the other that once sufficiently obvious results in bad feels between the two (one angrily harping on the other, the other not caring, etc).

Marriages can work if the boundaries are set at the beginning, and are well-understood, but it can be difficult to really work it out unless you've had enough life experience, but many first marriages at least don't. Married people can operate independently of each other without expectations of the other, but that's rare.

If they have children, that exposing the children to the relationship that the parents have with each other would be unhealthy for the children.

Or, they had no idea what they were getting into and/or are mismatched, and decide they didn't want marriage after the fact. Or one extremely changes after the marriage. Many more reasons too.

Redemit

One more reason on top of all the others is people treat it like a game and when it isn't "fun" anymore they give up they don't know how or are unwilling to uphold their vows and oaths to one another

TotallyHuman

Because they don't care about you Johnny. You're a burden to them, you ruined their lives, it's all your fault!
But I can make it better, Johnny, I can make it all right again. You only need to sign this paper.

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
1). They were forced into marriage because of society,

2). One or both are jackasses who didn't give much thought to marriage and their future children, so they married due to the 'heat' of the moment,

3). One or both are selfish pricks who only thinks of their own happiness and got 'burned' when they realized marriage and family are not always happy thoughts, and it is actually a life-long commitment and sacrifice.

Those are just some--but most common--reasons why most marriages break down, based on my observation and experiences as a teacher. I deal with their children, most of whom are raped, molested and abused. The experiences gave me personal trauma that affects me up to this day.

Also, while I don't agree with the trivialization of marriage and family, I agree with divorce because some unions are just so toxic for the children they are better off in the care of just one parent.

As an educator, I learned to never underestimate the ability of children to understand their situation, especially those come from broken and dysfunctional families. They know, and are aware; it's just that, they needed someone they can trust to talk about it.

Last edited:

Vnator

Reading a lot of these responses, I realize that ScribbleHub is a terrible place to ask such a serious and nuanced question.

TotallyHuman

Reading a lot of these responses, I realize that ScribbleHub is a terrible place to ask such a serious and nuanced question.
You're damn right. The only true way to solve such nuanced problems is to sign a contract with this great witch

Tsuru

That is the thing

Honesty is sometimes the best method

Its like everyone. As kids. Didnt everyone wish their parents didnt underestimate IQ of themselves and told the truth ?

Just be upfront.

"We simply.....don't see things eye to eye"
or "There is no more love between us" (bonus if its true : "but we love you")

OR

"He/She cheated on me"
> THIS ONE VERY IMPORTANT

What you risk if you don't be truthful
Just look at recent TikTok drama about this daughter saying her "breakdance" dad is a deadbeat (despite he gave 5 MILLIONS $ in divorce and paid their schooling and wasnt even angry she TRIED TO DESTROY his reputation to shit like a trash dad)

You have TON of comments, explaining they feel relatable (personal stories), that it's likely the mom that brainwashed her and making dad look bad as she is the one having custody of them (reverse can happen too)
Worse you got bunch of videos of her being happy as a kid with her dad (showed by the side of "dad")
but ton of feminists, not caring "he is the bad one, he should have been with her" (not knowing DEFINITION DICTIONARY OF "DIVORCE")
She is hollywood writer btw, people guessing she tried to "add a sad backstory to enter the hollywood woke group".

And surprisingly, chinese urban novels didnt lie about the fact, "after the drama/hype end, no one care any longer for the truth or apologizing"
No one care any longer about the dad showing ton of proofs she lied.
And "her", she blocked all comments. Nor suffered anything and still won simps/feminists fans.