Vent post!

Sylver

Damn it, I need to vent a little bit :blob_teehee: this is just a rant so don't take anything to heart, it shouldn't offend anyone it's just me venting a bit of frustration through sharing a piece of my mind.

I'm super duper proud of my latest chapter that I published last night, my story is kicking things up a notch and a lot of stuff is lining up in motion. Shit is heating up guys, Act 2 so far has been coming out really well. It started with a tense introduction followed by some action scenes, and then new characters and story elements were introduced to get the main story going. After last night I find myself rubbing my hands together like a scheming fly, looking forward to the next future chapters knowing that it's going to be a fun ride from this moment onward for my viewers :blobthumbsup:

The vent comes from seeing these fox or kitsune stories pop up on the trending post from time to time. Damn it all, why oh why did I start this cat girl story when foxes seem to be the trend this time around :blob_catflip: and it's not like I can just retcon the tale of tails because a lot of fun quirks and mannerisms fit her as a cat girl. I see plenty of smut stories, slice of life stories, LitRPG and Girls Love stories that come from presumably first time writers that hit trending over a few weeks/months and develop this wide audience, and honestly good for them! I mean it, that's super encouraging to see new writers get that kind of support, and I hope this means we get to see more stories from them in the future. Who knows, maybe we have some future authors on this site who would go on to publish their stories and become big name writers in the future.

I guess the frustration comes from my super shy and timid audience investment. I see people reading my recent chapters which fills me with joy, but rarely do any comments express investment in the story. And it bites that I don't have anyone to share my pride about last nights chapter, because I felt quite accomplished with it but alas, I remain alone in my excitement :blob_pat_sad:

Again, don't take this post to heart. I wear my heart on my sleeve, so it's not like I'll be upset for the whole week. It's not a big deal really, and truthfully I'm not super invested in making my story the most popular or trending thing. Would it be nice? Yes, of course I think everyone would agree to that. Is it necessary? No, not at all. Most if not all of us are here because we're writing the stories we want to tell and writing the stories we want to see. I don't think many of us are looking to become the next Stephen King or J.R.R. Tolkien, we just write because it's our hobby and passion :blob_salute:

The vent comes from me being a little jealous about the trends, but mostly because I don't have anyone to talk to or share my excitement about my stories and work, that's all :blob_pout:

Anyways that's my little vent haha.

Hmm :blob_hmm: vent is defined as the expression or release of a strong emotion or energy. What are some things you guys want to vent about? We can make this a little vent post so that people can share some stuff they have in mind. Just make sure it's nothing personal or confrontative, I would like to keep this both civil and entertaining without causing any problems :blob_popcorn:

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
Damn it, I need to vent a little bit :blob_teehee: this is just a rant so don't take anything to heart, it shouldn't offend anyone it's just me venting a bit of frustration through sharing a piece of my mind.

I'm super duper proud of my latest chapter that I published last night, my story is kicking things up a notch and a lot of stuff is lining up in motion. Shit is heating up guys, Act 2 so far has been coming out really well. It started with a tense introduction followed by some action scenes, and then new characters and story elements were introduced to get the main story going. After last night I find myself rubbing my hands together like a scheming fly, looking forward to the next future chapters knowing that it's going to be a fun ride from this moment onward for my viewers :blobthumbsup:

The vent comes from seeing these fox or kitsune stories pop up on the trending post from time to time. Damn it all, why oh why did I start this cat girl story when foxes seem to be the trend this time around :blob_catflip: and it's not like I can just retcon the tale of tails because a lot of fun quirks and mannerisms fit her as a cat girl. I see plenty of smut stories, slice of life stories, LitRPG and Girls Love stories that come from presumably first time writers that hit trending over a few weeks/months and develop this wide audience, and honestly good for them! I mean it, that's super encouraging to see new writers get that kind of support, and I hope this means we get to see more stories from them in the future. Who knows, maybe we have some future authors on this site who would go on to publish their stories and become big name writers in the future.

I guess the frustration comes from my super shy and timid audience investment. I see people reading my recent chapters which fills me with joy, but rarely do any comments express investment in the story. And it bites that I don't have anyone to share my pride about last nights chapter, because I felt quite accomplished with it but alas, I remain alone in my excitement :blob_pat_sad:

Again, don't take this post to heart. I wear my heart on my sleeve, so it's not like I'll be upset for the whole week. It's not a big deal really, and truthfully I'm not super invested in making my story the most popular or trending thing. Would it be nice? Yes, of course I think everyone would agree to that. Is it necessary? No, not at all. Most if not all of us are here because we're writing the stories we want to tell and writing the stories we want to see. I don't think many of us are looking to become the next Stephen King or J.R.R. Tolkien, we just write because it's our hobby and passion :blob_salute:

The vent comes from me being a little jealous about the trends, but mostly because I don't have anyone to talk to or share my excitement about my stories and work, that's all :blob_pout:

Hmm :blob_hmm: vent is defined as the expression or release of a strong emotion or energy. What are some things you guys want to vent about? We can make this a little vent post so that people can share some stuff they have in mind. Just make sure it's nothing personal or confrontative, I would like to keep this both civil and entertaining without causing any problems :blob_popcorn:
You'll have your day as well, be patient and don't give up.

Hoped to see the appreciation for air circulation!

I find this thread's lack of vents... disturbing

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
My turn to vent. I hate how pilots use the phonetic alphabet in casual conversation. Like bro we’re not talking on shitty radios you don’t have to tell me your car is section niner bravo of the parking lot.

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
I can assure you one thing... it's not really about fox girl or cat girl that makes a story trending.

Sylver

I can assure you one thing... it's not really about fox girl or cat girl that makes a story trending.
I guess the follow up question would be figuring out what does then :blob_hmm: because we all know it's not just one thing, it's multiple factors including luck. Which bites cuz in my history, I've been rather unlucky :blob_shock:

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
You should be the most interested and fascinated with your work. It's your book.

I write tons of stuff that I think is super cool that I want to share. I share it by writing to the best of my ability and polishing it to become something I would read.

Even if one individual person reads my book, I'm satisfied. And since I have to re-read my work while editing, which I love to do, I'm in a repeating-affirmation-collecting loop that can never be tarnished (though I do have die-hard fans and Patrons who support me closely since I write in a niche market. But my point still stands).

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
I guess the follow up question would be figuring out what does then :blob_hmm: because we all know it's not just one thing, it's multiple factors including luck. Which bites cuz in my history, I've been rather unlucky :blob_shock:
The link your downstairs has probably answers it all.

Glitched

Moth Mommy

Start a discord, encourage your readers to join. I have a few guys in mine, and they give me inspiration when I ask for it, as well as ideas and LOTS of comments.

Sylver

Here's a vent I worked on that I could comfortably walk under~ (during and after photos)

˝/\⁠⁠__/\˝
(⁠⁠⁠❀≖‿⁠<)✨️

View attachment 28342
View attachment 28343
Oooo! :blob_aww:
Start a discord, encourage your readers to join. I have a few guys in mine, and they give me inspiration when I ask for it, as well as ideas and LOTS of comments.
Ooooo a discord. Hmmm :blob_hmm_two: would it work even if it's small in population? That's something to think about. Not a bad idea! :blobthumbsup:
Never chase trends. You'll never catch up. Pick something and become the best at it.
To be fair, I can't chase something when we don't know how to achieve it :blob_teehee: