Probability of life

Today while I am writing the latest chapter of my work Dicera I started thinking. Don't you all think our life are simply a series of probability? As if even the actions you did today are just a result of a couple of dice thrown on the ground.
Even me making this post is a probability. 50% me writing this and 50% not. Think about it for a while and let it sink. If you ever feel lucky or unlucky then that's probably not on you but rather just think and say "tsk bad roll damn it"

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
At the particles' level, nothing is truly random.

If you can accurately predict every atom's actions, you can predict everything in the universe. Even dice throws can be calculated.

Why am I rambling about science? I don't know.

:sweat_smile:

I disagree because I don't believe we were created by sheer chance.
Fair. But you winning against many sperm cells is a probability (sorry for the word)
At the particles' level, nothing is truly random.

If you can accurately predict every atom's actions, you can predict everything in the universe. Even dice throws can be calculated.

Why am I rambling about science? I don't know.

:sweat_smile:
Understandable but that is man placing values on things. In natural state the sun shines and sun sets naturally as if it's the normal thing to do

I belief in causalitic determinism, everything we do is determined by what was before, our will is free, freely formed by this world.
Which is ironic since if our will are determined by the past then that means we truly don't have freedom if we can't choose our future

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Which is ironic since if our will are determined by the past then that means we truly don't have freedom if we can't choose our future
Well we have a free will (to a certain degree), it's our minds that use it, our minds that were defined by our past.
It doesn't matter if free will exist, in a deterministic world everything is already set in stone.

Keriahenta

Today while I am writing the latest chapter of my work Dicera I started thinking. Don't you all think our life are simply a series of probability? As if even the actions you did today are just a result of a couple of dice thrown on the ground.
Even me making this post is a probability. 50% me writing this and 50% not. Think about it for a while and let it sink. If you ever feel lucky or unlucky then that's probably not on you but rather just think and say "tsk bad roll damn it"
I don't think life is a series of probability. I think life is a series of choice. This post was a choice that you made, and this reply is a choice that I made. Saying that it's a probability makes it feels like you have no choice or freedom in the things that you do and that's rather sad.

I don't think life is a series of probability. I think life is a series of choice. This post was a choice that you made, and this reply is a choice that I made. Saying that it's a probability makes it feels like you have no choice or freedom in the things that you do and that's rather sad.
And the probability of you choosing that choice exists. Even if we say it is our choice. The likelihood of of in different timeline choosing another choice exists
And I'd say anything with multiple choices are already a form of probability

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
More than there is a divine being somewhere directly created the world today. I feel far more special that my existence is a probability. It's not just a roll of the dice. It was immeasurable die being tossed for unquantifiable amount of times for the result to happen. It is more miraculous than you could have imagined.

It is for this reason that we should celebrate life, its grandeur, its magnificience.

Keriahenta

And the probability of you choosing that choice exists. Even if we say it is our choice. The likelihood of of in different timeline choosing another choice exists

And I'd say anything with multiple choices are already a form of probability
I have to disagree. Probability is outside of our control. While choices are something that we can control. Of course there are things in this life that you can't control but most often than not it's because it's someone else's control like your birth is not your choice but it happened because your parents decided to have sex.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
If you consider time dilation, it could be said that depending on perspective, every choice you will ever make has already been made

More than there is a divine being somewhere directly created the world today. I feel far more special that my existence is a probability. It's not just a roll of the dice. It was immeasurable die being tossed for unquantifiable amount of times for the result to happen. It is more miraculous than you could have imagined.

It is for this reason that we should celebrate life, its grandeur, its magnificience.
Indeed
If you consider time dilation, it could be said that depending on perspective, every choice you will ever make has already been made
That can be true since even if we consider different timelines that means all options are covered. Like timeline a chose option a while timeline b chose option b so it can also be said that all options are chosen already despite you yourself only choosing one
I have to disagree. Probability is outside of our control. While choices are something that we can control. Of course there are things in this life that you can't control but most often than not it's because it's someone else's control like your birth is not your choice but it happened because your parents decided to have sex.
Well it seems my reply failed to explain. I simply meant probability is there everytime an option or choice is made.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
That can be true since even if we consider different timelines that means all options are covered. Like timeline a chose option a while timeline b chose option b so it can also be said that all options are chosen already despite you yourself only choosing one
Well considering a eternalistic approach you would be right, every choice is already made.

Keriahenta

Indeed

Well it seems my reply failed to explain. I simply meant probability is there everytime an option or choice is made.
What im trying to say is that probability doesn't exist. Take an example of this reply. To you and everybody else the chance that I'm going to reply to this post is 50%. Whether i reply or not. Because you can't control my actions. But to me, that chance doesn't exist because i can control my actions. I can decide whether to post this reply or not. Idk what makes sense anymore tbh.

What im trying to say is that probability doesn't exist. Take an example of this reply. To you and everybody else the chance that I'm going to reply to this post is 50%. Whether i reply or not. Because you can't control my actions. But to me, that chance doesn't exist because i can control my actions. I can decide whether to post this reply or not. Idk what makes sense anymore tbh.
Honestly you just explain what is probability.

Nevafrost

Well-known newbie author
Well, I believe it's my destiny and my actions combined together to make anything happen in my life. Yes, I believe in god.