Scribble Hub Forum

SailusGebel
SailusGebel
*pats*
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
Out of the woods comes another swordsman who was originally supposed to fight the swordsman but was very late. Rather than getting ready for the fight he sneaks up behind the swordsman and bludgeons him to death with a cool stick he found. You win by default.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
Before you can say anything the dishonorable sword gremlin disappears back into the woods.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Was the third swordsman Miyamoto Musashi?
Mellohwa
Mellohwa
So, what happens with the mosquito? :blobspearpeek:
Reactions: Agentt
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
@SailusGebel yes. Glad that someone got the reference. Miyamoto Musashi was a coward and a cheat.
  • Haha
Agentt
Agentt
He indeed was, tho in his defence, it shows how stupid the whole honour thing was, don't show your back to enemies etc
Agentt
Agentt
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
So Musashi set up the dual but then got drunk and showed up an hour late where his opponent was waiting patiently for him. Rather than being honourable he just straight assassinated the dude without any warning.the honor thing is pretty stupid but disregarding it just to commit manslaughter for no reason other than because he could is pretty cowardly.
Agentt
Agentt
Well...yes, though this feels so awkward since most sources depict him as a man who wanted to perfect his art and be the strongest one by learning..
Agentt
Agentt
This reminds me of Robin Hood, many scholars depict him someone who could crash the economy and even the entire state if left unchecked because the common public was too stupid to see the long term problems
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
I would not say that he was a coward nor a cheat. He was simply ahead of his time.
Agentt
Agentt
If dude was alive today, he would name his art, "The Cheese Strat." Or the "Speedrun strats"
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
As a swordsman myself who continually works to master the forms I have been taught I cannot see Musashi as anything but a cheat and a coward.
  • Wow
Agentt
Agentt
Wait, what? You do fencing or something?
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Yeah, if they don't like the winner, people would always say that the winner is a coward or a cheat no matter how he\she wins.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
I practice fencing in both foil and eppe. Though I want to try saber sometime. I also practice medieval combat but I need to save up the armor so that I can participate in competitions. Lastly, I took some kendo classes in highschool that I practice independently. Can't say I'm good at kendo sadly.