Scribble Hub Forum

BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
for context someone posted some voluptuous character fan art and I replied to a "bro she's 15 💀 " comments with "no way a 15 year old has a body like that" and got hit in my dms by someone claiming to be of the same age with the exact body type (?????)

long story short I gave her my piece of mind and it struck from there
SakeVision
SakeVision
same when I share info about animal physiology, they call me a zoophile

little do they know I'm worse, I'm an...owner.
D
Deleted member 54065
The full 'hourglass' figure matures around 20s, though the figure development starts around puberty.

So yes, in some bodies, it can happen, but not all.
Ymadthepirate
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
So it IS fair to say that that type of body shouldn't be considered an average, right?
D
Deleted member 54065
Well, it depends on the person's meaning of average.

But if you ask an educator like me, an hourglass figure for ages 12-15 isn't normal.

Usually, it begins to take shape around 16 onwards.
D
Deleted member 54065
Wait, why did they call you a low-life creep again?
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
their basis for me being a low life is that since I'm a teacher I shouldn't be paying attention to the student's bodies and should be teaching, despite heavily emphasizing that I don't need to scrutinize on someone to make the conclusion that they don't have a certain body type
D
Deleted member 54065
That's kind of narrow, ain't it? But, oh well, for your safety just avoid discussing similar stuff with your students. Misunderstandings abound, and it can get real messy. 😕

In other aspects, you can do it because you draw, so it's easy to size up someone else with their body types.
D
Deleted member 54065
It's similar to how our music colleague can tell time simply by beats.

Or my knack to tell at least the general attitude (I can tell if they are kind, snob or aggressive) of a person based on their face alone (since I always draw faces).
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
@BenJepheneT I knew a 13yo rocking huge racks when I was in that age group, but she's also on the plus plus side and too much of an abnormality to be considered a norm.

Also, saying that you should't be looking at the kids' bod while you are teaching is tad odd, like them picking another fight to mask their own problem.
D
Deleted member 54065
@NotaNuffian in my experience, kids who are oddly aware of sex and often interprets someone looking at them in a sexual way is a victim of sexual abuse themselves, or have seen the act and 'researched' it with their friends.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
@Hans.Trondheim Oh. That makes sense, you have to know the info somewhere or have deeply, uncomfortable experience first.

So they said Benjy's observation poked someone's scar? I thought that the starting point was him commenting a drawing of a 15yo chick with a less-than-plausible body, how did that ended up with him being creep flew over my head. I mean, he is, it is just not like this.
D
Deleted member 54065
Yeah, it's possible. That's why teaching is quite dangerous (at least socially).

In our school, the general rule is no touch and talks about bodies (for educational purposes, even drawing nudes) should be made clear to everyone. Like, tell them you meant no malice and make sure they understand that.
D
Deleted member 54065
If the students hug me, I quickly raise both my hands to show I'm not touching them. If I draw a nude body (since I draw in my free time), I make sure to explain to everyone it's part of the drawing process until they get used to it.
D
Deleted member 54065
For Benj's situation, he should try to avoid talking about bodies unless it's part of the lesson, or the students are already comfortable with him enough for them to show him their drawings.

And yes, the way you speak too. It can cause misunderstanding.

It's really a sensitive topic so yeah, just like what I always reply in some threads here, 'carefully'.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
The woes of communication.

You say A but people thinks B.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
For the record, my students know I draw, but they don't know the extent in which I commit to my drawings.
D
Deleted member 54065
Well, some learners tend to piss off their teachers or provoke them just for fun.

In any case, be careful my good man.