"bro it's a comic about radioactive spiders why u care about realism"
"bro spider trex and porky exists"

I hate modern comic book discourse
georgelee5786
georgelee5786
That mask is ugly
SakeVision
SakeVision
spiderman is one of these heroes who can arguably handle himself quite well even without being able to use legs
my problem is the first panel, assuming it's the first person who is on wheelchair
why are her legs bend if she can't use them?
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
Mask, costume and legs aside, is she using her cudgels/ walking aids for web slinging/ shooting?

How does it actually works in wall crawling? Does she have a foldable wheelchair to deploy when she is on the ground like Sora in Air Gear or would every fight resulting in her having to propel herself up before shooting webs?
SakeVision
SakeVision
Knowing nothing about the comic, and just looking at the panel, I assume the large backpack she's wearing might be the foldable wheelchair.

Also, she can probably utilize the sticky spider web to pull herself up or climb walls. Might even wanna tie her immovable parts like legs together so they won't get in the way, or even manipulate them with the spiderweb. Looks like the artist didn't think about it tho.
SakeVision
SakeVision
and this is me assuming she can't move her legs alone, the alternative is lower body paralysis due to spine damage, but if that was the case she wouldn't be able to do the spidey things at all
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
@SakeVision yup, because of the mask, I completely missed the wheelchair handle bars sticking out of the "backpack", which is just a cocoon of webs by the way, meaning that she wouldn't be using her wheelchair during her spidey mode.

As for why the artist has not webbed up the legs, probably like how the paraswimmers are IRL, the legs just flop behind as the swimmers do their thing.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
so apparently, after further research, this is a contest where fans send in their "spidersonas" for a comic and this one got chosen as a winner

BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
apparently, she isn't entirely disabled. she got some tissue thing where she can't use her legs for long, hence the wheelchair. she can walk, but not for more than a few mins at a time.

i don't want to bash an unprofessional fan design but regardless of good will, nah, I can't say in good faith this is a good design at all, ESPECIALLY knowing that she can somewhat walk now
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
... so the walking sticks are there to show that she can limply walk and is not totally crippled?

I still can't wrap my head around why the webs are coming out of them cudgels.