Scribble Hub Forum

Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Well, the updates are really slow atm, so there's no rush.
(^-^)

X
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
? Isn't that logical? We call that an imperfect narrator. :blob_reach:
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
*huggles A2*
\(^o^)/

I thought the term was unreliable narrator, but the idea is still the same.

X
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
not the same. :blob_reach: Unreliable narrator refers to the fact that the reliability of the narrators is compromised by the story itself, while an imperfect narrator refers more to the fact that any POV is inherently biased. A POV is subjective a priori and therefore automatically compromised.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
PS.

Forgot

\(^o^)/ *huggle*
Yorda
Yorda
What does the literature say about unreliable/imperfect authors? If they are mentally unstable will they be able to produce more impactful writing? I think I can try (A total lie. Why would I even need to try?). :blob_hmm:
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
I am a big Kafka fan and I sincerely doubt that to can top him in that regard. :blob_reach:
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Is Kafka the name of that jester/clown character in one of the Final Fantasy games?
|.o)

X
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
His work, which fuses elements of realism and the fantastic, typically features isolated protagonists facing bizarre or surrealistic predicaments and incomprehensible socio-bureaucratic powers,
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
The term Kafkaesque has entered the English language to describe situations like those found in his writing.[6]
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Died too young to receive the Nobel prize and I hate 420 words limit now.:mad_s:
Yorda
Yorda
Alright. I'll try to be more Kafkaesque in my execution of Garnet's and other characters unreasonable situations. Thanks for copy pasting wikipedia. I read the Metamorphosis and it was probably enough for me. :blobrofl:
Yorda
Yorda
So you are well versed in FF games? Enough that you remember their names!

This was that FF character. Kefka apparently.

As for ffs I played 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,12, Tactics Advance, Tactics A2. IMO 2,8, and the Tactics games were the best.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Yeah, I wasn't sure if his name was Kefka, or Kafka, so took a punt and hoped for the best.
>w<

X
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
You have to read the German version to get the full experience as the translation is lacking. :blob_reach:
Yorda
Yorda
I tried to learn German once ... for about 3 days.
Yorda
Yorda
I also have some German ancestry and a German last name, but I never connected with that side of my family because they live in the US and never met me. Complicated family problems. Oh god the problems are bad. I really want to be a good parent some day, because I know what it's like to have critical family problems.