Scribble Hub Forum

Yorda
Yorda
It reminds me that I want a legal name change because I am so disillusioned with my father and his last name. Nobody in my family has really left a positive impression on me, so I wouldn't use any of their family names because they don't mean much to me. I think that I should just go with a new last name and roll with it. I'm kinda anxious about it though. A whole new name feels like it will take some courage.
Yorda
Yorda
My mother's family name is okay, but I'm not proud of it because of historical reasons. My great-grandparents and grandparents were pretty excellent, brave, and hardworking people.
Yorda
Yorda
From Wikipedia: "As in mainland Japan, historical names in Okinawa are more complicated. People with different social statuses bore different kinds of names, maintained several names to use in different occasions, and sometimes changed them in their lifetime. Okinawan names underwent great changes after the Ryūkyū Kingdom fell under the Satsuma Domain's control."
Yorda
Yorda
My profile says, "From Ryukyu Kingdom", it was sorta not a joke, since some of my ancestors did live there. However, that place got conquered and annexed by the Japanese (I also have Japanese heritage). :blob_frown:

Ryukyuan traditional names were adulterated to become more Japanese-ish. So it doesn't feel quite right.
Yorda
Yorda
When your ancestors from one place conquered your ancestors from another place ... is this human-like human history or what!
Yorda
Yorda
I'm super picky though. So I'm not sure what I would change my name to, but Assurabanipal_II is a language expert so I should run it past him first!
Yorda
Yorda
Yorda
Yorda
It's sorta cool when a family takes pride in their name and lineage. Mine should probably just start anew though.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_dizzy: Yorda. A usual impressive.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Now I am curious though about your family names. Especially, your maternal one. :blob_reach: I like history.

If you give me them, I will give you mine.
Yorda
Yorda
Sometimes when I think about my life ... uhhhhhhh. Objectively and subjectively it looks pretty bad in hindsight.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Why do I seemingly meet on the internet only people with tragic backstories? :blob_evil_two:
Yorda
Yorda
Those are the interesting ones. You could possibly be a protagonist or supporting character in a story. I am a tragic hero/antagonist though or maybe a mid-boss.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
So, kind of like how the Ainu native people were conquered by Japan and couldn't speak their language anymore?
As well as their whole culture getting destroyed to conform with the Japanese culture?

Thanks for telling us a bit about your family history, Yorda - I wasn't fully aware of Okinawa having had a native people that were subjugated like the Ainu of the Honshu region,

*huggles*

X
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
A support character? :blob_aww: I always dreamed of being a support character for a villainess. That would be so much fun. Please, please, Yorda, implement me in your story.
Reactions: Yorda
Yorda
Yorda
Dammit. You're too complex for me to write, but you could actually be a character in my story if you want. I would have to ask you how you would respond in given situations with limited knowledge. I think I would make you ... the prince.
Yorda
Yorda
You would fit intellectual and contemplative roles that require tact best. So something like government official or prime minister or cunning prince.
Yorda
Yorda
There is a second support role available for Garnet, but I'm not sure if it fits you right now or if I would have to change it significantly.

Planned to either be a poor boy with some magical talent who became a servant to the Valeria family, or a secret bastard child of the duke. Hates the Valeria family. Garnet bullied him. He hates her.
Yorda
Yorda
Continued
He was the one who jumped into the water to save Garnet when she was drowning because he didn't want to be held responsible. He believes it was a murder attempt. Intelligent character. He is the first to realize Garnet's new identity. He confronts her, but then it turns into a weird battle between extortion, mutual destruction, and contractual agreement. Thus he is support character 2.
Yorda
Yorda
Continued-ued
I was thinking about making him something like a sarcastic and cynical support for Garnet. I was also thinking about building some weird sexual/romantic tension between Garnet and him. Ever wonder why the old Garnet liked to have her manservant beat? She was the worst when it came to dealing with her romantic feelings.