Scribble Hub Forum

NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
The bird crab rap combo fucked me up.

Playing my phone and visiting the toilet ceaselessly.

Ending's rushed. Like the rest of the movie.
Anon2024
Anon2024
I don't get disney wanting to remake everything into live action. Also, the only one I actually liked was the Jungle Book, everything else was just... I dunno... not as good? Animation has a certain charm to it when done well.
tiaf
tiaf
It’s all for the money. It doesn’t have to be good, just need hype and people watching it.
Anon2024
Anon2024
But they are losing money now due to bad reputation.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
Some speculate it is to keep their IP by rehashing for copyright, can anyone go check?
Anon2024
Anon2024
I don’t think anyone has an IP on their fairy tales. They may have an IP on their own specific designed characters though, but I don’t think that’s how IP law works. Not sure though.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
... That or I believe that Hollywood treats cartoons (animated works) and their creators as "immature" and "low class"? So they live animate previously animated and successful works for legitity?

Once again, speculations by those in the net.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
Ps. @Anon2023 I think like what some had spoken online, Disney is trying to have a strangle grip on these IP. While they can't have the copyright of these fairytales (public domain), they can pull a lawsuit if anyone tries to do a retelling of the classic fairytale that isn't edgy like say, Snow White and Huntsman.
tiaf
tiaf
Why would they lose money just because of a bad reputation? It's the same principle as making an anime. Making money from the anime is secondary, the intention is to promote the original work and sell merch. Make an IP chain to get cash and advertising!
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
Oo.

I think @Anon2023 had said that it is tarnishing (shit, Elden Ring) the reputation of OG work.

Bad publicity is also publicity, but it feels like gouging your spleen and show it to others; it hurts like hell from the self infliction and the 10 days of bad press is only good for making their names known by dragging it through the manure trough.