Scribble Hub Forum

Corty
Corty
I see people are confusing sony's new handheld screen with something that is anything even close to PSP or Vita or any handheld, be it a Gameboy color or Tetris. (p1)
Corty
Corty
  • You can't use it without a PS5, it can't run games by itself. (It does not support PS Plus game streaming either. You need the main console for that)
  • You can only use it on local wifi, streaming your PS5's video output to it instead of your TV.
  • You can't connect your wireless Pulse 3D headset to it so go buy the new cabled headset from Sony.
(p2)
Corty
Corty
It is a device for people who just consume. Anyone thinking about it, go buy a Steamdeck instead. (p3)
ElliePorter
ElliePorter
@Corty that's why i said it is useless since you're just going to pay a glorified 2nd screen when there's a lot of 3rd party apps that do it better than Ps Portal can
Reactions: Corty
Corty
Corty
It seems my brain malfunctioned while reading. Yes. You are 100% right and correct.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
So Playstation did a Wii U? Why?
Corty
Corty
@NotaNuffian Money. Watch it being bought mindlessly when it is released.

Hope I'm wrong.
ElliePorter
ElliePorter
@NotaNuffian its not the first time that Playstation did this. They released PS TV in hopes of rivaling the Apple TV but it flopped too.

Then they abandoned PSP and PSVita which had a ton of potential and room to improve and they abandoned it too.

Now their planning to release PS Portal?
ElliePorter
ElliePorter
If only PS Portal was like Steam Deck or Switch where you can play PS5 natively on the go. It would certainly put those two in back pedal for a while.