Scribble Hub Forum

Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_neutral: At least, that was the case during my studies. The newer curricula get ever more Americanised, importing strnage ideas like attedance and homework.
J_Chemist
J_Chemist
My uni experience was actually quite the opposite from the struggle. I didn't get swamped with work, had only a couple classes that were "difficult" but overall did fine. Worked two jobs at the same time as I went.
J_Chemist
J_Chemist
All of my classes were practical and we performed more hands-on work than essays. Even in accounting, everything was focused on "real life scenarios" to teach you how to deal with actual problems you'd face.
CarburetorThompson
CarburetorThompson
Maybe if you’re doing graduate studies, but I have my associates, and am doing my bachelors right now, and it’s never been particularly difficult. But I have my degree in transportation management not like computer science or chemistry so I can’t make any generalized statements
J_Chemist
J_Chemist
Hardest course was a legal class I had to take. Just a basic course but that was very reading heavy, for obvious reasons. Otherwise, it was light work.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
Dang. I wish I had it like y'all. Maybe my school is just heavy on the workload? Cuz this is BS. Either that, or I'm just swamped because of full time job and classes.
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Assu what did you spend your time doing during university?
Like was everything you learned on your own initiative or what?
Iamnotabot
Iamnotabot
@Paul_Tromba exactly, my same reaction. I mean, i'm in a asian school so duh but they really try to jam as múh school work on to the student as much they can. I just got off on a field trip and i still have 2 more asignment to hand in. Add in a fire recue action and medical exam day. With a trip for 10 days at a military camp on top.
Iamnotabot
Iamnotabot
My life is flashing before my eyes. And this isn't over, we got the exams coming up after.
J_Chemist
J_Chemist
@Paul_Tromba Naw, we had Business majors swamped with work so it's not just you. I just was in a more practical/hands-on course. Computer focused work.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I feel like Assu became drunk during the writing of his last messages on this post. The spelling started getting eaten.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_neutral: I am back, so time to answer.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
College and University aren't much different in the USA. Sometimes they are synonyms.

:blob_neutral: Noticed that. Always had to correct people. We have no college ehre, so it makes extra no sense.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Wait, how are colleges/universities outside of the USA? Are they not stress filled institutes for higher education designed to put you in generational debt?

:blob_neutral: Depends on the degree, I guess. I had some fun.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
All of my classes were practical and we performed more hands-on work than essays. Even in accounting, everything was focused on "real life scenarios" to teach you how to deal with actual problems you'd face.

:blob_neutral: The economics course was the worst. Everyone hated that mandatory one.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
@Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

Assu what did you spend your time doing during university?
Like was everything you learned on your own initiative or what?

Your progress depended on you. Nobody gave a fuck about what you did or nannied you.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_neutral: Anyway, I wonder if you can guess the degree,

Tip: We don't like the business majors.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
I'm gonna guess law or computer science.
Assurbanipal_II