Scribble Hub Forum

Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Oh, understandable. Simple physics. After all, in some years more Americans were killed by coconuts than by terrorist attacks.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
but how. a coconut is unpredictable but this is a statue we're talking about, with a visible, organized effort to tear it down. how can you wage war with a nonliving object and still manage to give the opposition a kill count.
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
Literal breaking news.
BenJepheneT
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
By this logic nobody should be killed while felling trees. :blob_evil_two: But it happened a lot in history. The point is, a statue is a heavy object and gravity is a merciless friend. Accidents can easily happen.
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
I actually wanted to use the deluded schizo mc ranting against a snowman (which was the highlight of the series for me), but I can't remember the title of the anime.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
You have any god damn idea how many trees are fell in a day. This is a statue we're talking about. Something that isnt torn down on a daily basis, at least by inexperienced people. Even then, you don't crowd over a statue that is about to fucking fall. Your view on that logic is god damn narrow I'm surprised you have peripheral vision to include other factors other than "similar thing happened so it's true"
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
And? "This is a statue we're talking about. Something that isnt torn down on a daily basis, at least by inexperienced people. " That actually supports my argument.

But anyway, "logic" is often ignored on a daily basis and probability dictates that sooner or later something like this will happen the same way you will eventually win a lottery.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
You just willfully forget the first statement, huh. And how is it supporting your statement? You equated falling trees with falling statues in terms of statistics. Even so, there's no shortage of inexperienced people cutting down trees. The ratio of fallen trees and dead people pales in comparison with the statues.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Even for a lottery, this is way too god damn fast. The day a group of random folks try to break a statue they managed to get someone killed. It's like they're deliberately trying to hand a kill count at this point.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
"The ratio of fallen trees and dead people pales in comparison with the statues."

Yes, because a lack of a statistical sample. You know very well that a ratio is relative and I wasn't informed yet that 1 case forms a control group.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
"The day a group of random folks try to break a statue they managed to get someone ..."

As far as I can see, the news state only gravely injured by now, but the victim might be dead by now as you say. But, yes, negligence and imprudence can lead to deaths and there are plenty of cases like this and you could claim reckless homicide on this event.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
It is no control group but an isolated event, yes. But to claim THIS isolated event to be but an example of an accident akin to a lottery is just ignorance. It is clear that there's many simple reprecussions to be made within the scenario and still, they found a way to mortally wound a man. This isn't a matter of chance but just stupid people doing stupid shit.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
"probability dictates that sooner or later something like this will happen the same way you will eventually win a lottery." To cite my self, Bene. You should be careful with throwing around words like ignorance.

Critically injured doesn't equal mortally btw.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
"This isn't a matter of chance but just stupid people doing stupid shit."

In a determined universe it would, but that is besides the point. But I think we can all agree that toppling statues can be dangerous. They are heavy objects after all.
S
Suryae
Guys, chill. It's just a statue.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
This isn't a mere statue, Suryae. This is everything and more.:blob_melt:
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
You know what, I'mma take Suryae's words. Call me a coward or whatever, I just think there's more to do other than arguing on statues.
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
A statue will never own up to its mistakes so arguing with one is also a mistake. :cautious:😷

More importantly, @BenJepheneT, how much luck did you spend to get 12345?! On the other hand, mine is actually a palindrome.