Adventurer's Guild ⛩️ Gates of Scribblia ⛩️: Open D&D Thread

Are you ready to roll the dice and let your story unfold?

• Total voters

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
@raym
Structure #1
(Created by Raymann)

Frist town :: Guilddingston
View attachment 22018

Population size: Tiny

Average wealth: Modest

Surrounding terrain: Plains Climate: Rainy

Water source: Natural spring

Predominant ancestries: Halfling, Human, Gnome, Dragonborn Primary economy: Exotic goods Defenses: Watch towers

Values: Freedom

Above all else, the people value their individual freedoms and liberties. Society is focused on individual needs and desires.

Power Structure: Cooperative Although there are no formal laws, everyone works together for the common good. The community takes care of their own and works out disputes among each other.

There is no formal leader.

Surroundings
There is a jungle to the North. Most townsfolk do not even know this area exists.

There is a canyon to the Northeast.

There is a canyon to the West. There are rumors of a powerful Wizard living here.

The Bioluminescent caverns are to the West. Strange effects have been reported in this area.

The Halfling Shire is to the Northwest. The city inhabitants consider this to be a dangerous area.

Town information board.
(This message is dynamic and will change each day.)
[The annual Monster Hunt will take place in 9 days.]

[A theater troupe is expected to pass through town in 4 days.]

Places to visit in the town
(Click to visit. Dynamic messages, updated periodically by GM.)

1. Adventures Guild.

Registered adventuring teams.(1)
Team_Mabel (ranked F.)
Mabel(@SsemouyOnan), Ghan the hunter(@Necron) and Advaya(@Lostinthecause)​

Requirement before accepting quests.::-
Make teams with other player by communicating with them via dm.
(Min 3 member per team.)
Once done ping GM in thread with your quest name.

Current quest board.
(First come, First get)

1. The western trade road have been overtaken by bandits. The city council is willing to pay handsomely anyone who can help defeat these vagrants. See the Constable for more details. [Team_Mabel]

2. A Young adventurer seeks companion for important quest. Must be good with animals. Inquire at the tavern. (The young man is trying to return a dragon egg to its nest.)

3. Chariot racing every Friday night in neighboring town of Newbury. Place bets on races or enter as a participant!

4. Help! Giant rats have taken over my house. t'll pay 20gp for every rat killed. Inquire at Rumann Amlaíb's Manor on the north end of town.

2. The Ghost and the Raven Lodge
Rooms(sharable) available for 12 sp per night.
Booked by @Username1, @Username2, ......
(Recovers max. hp each day.)

Menu: (temporary stat buff, last one day.)
Grilled beef with bread (12 cp) +1Dex.
Steak (20 cp) +1Str.
Vegetable stew with potatoes (11 cp) +10%xp gain
Apple juice (1 cp) +1Int.

About Owner:
Remicus Mcmillian, male, age 103 (Adult)
Ancestry: Gnome
Appearance: Skinny Occupation: Tavern Owner
Personality: Bold, Independent, Unfriendly
Distinctive feature: Smells of garlic
Voice: Deep

1. Try to Steal food.
Requires Theivery proficiency.
Pay 1cp and try to steal any food if you have above proficiency.
DC= (10+ 2*number of employees) for Dexterity. (roll d20+proficiency)

2.Apply for job:
[DC=25+2*no.of employee] against [your_charsima+d20]
Payout (d4 cp per day) have to roll while replying to this thread each day or fired.

Current employees number= 1 ::- Mintessen_Limeo(@Mintilime)

3. Town General Store.
under construction

4. Cafe Hardy Flavours
more places will be available soon.

5. Bard's College
p5

6. Mirror Industry
p6

7. Shipyard
p7
I go to the adventurer guild to make some money.

Lodur

Eight virgin
Well, I have been a DM for more, then 15 years now (not continuously, of course, from time to time). But most of the time it were tabletop sessions, I made only one online campaign, to tell the truth. (And what I learned from online campaign, while it can unite players all around the country (and even the world), it requires even more dedication, planning and preparatory work, then tabletop game). And I managed groups of 4-6 players, never more.
I'm not even mentioning that this style of adventure managing is clearly not for me. I have nothing against the modified and house rules and the "fewer dice rolls, more descriptions" style. (Though it was every time clearly stated to all participants ahead of time, so that everyone fully know and understand every applied rule). But I have a hard time with general improvisation (not a quick response to the actions of the players, but a general plan; my players always go on a specific adventure, and do not wander around the city or country “wherever the curve leads”). So my players always started the adventure fully prepared (with fully generated characters, lists of personal and shared items needed for the adventure, spells, abilities, knowledge of local lore, etc.).
I don't remember if any of the adventures I led had an Adventurers Guild at all. There was clearly never a need for it, with the number of quest-giving NPCs I usually have. (Almost every NPC that my players were able to talk to could give at least one seedy quest if the players tormented him with conversations for a long time).

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
EVENT #1

Title: "The Divine Convergence"
View attachment 21983

Description:
As your character opens eyes in the vast darkness, you are met with the arrival of a trio of godly figures, each radiating power and purpose. They beckon you closer, their intentions shrouded in enigmatic smiles. This is initiation before your character gets dropped into the world of Gates of Scriblia.

-:: Your options are::-

**The Good Deity - Scriblos, Keeper of Light and Knowledge:**
A radiant goddess with luminous wings, Scriblos embodies purity and righteousness. She offers your character a brilliant orb of healing light. If you side with her, your character gains the ability to heal wounds and cure ailments more effectively, becoming a beacon of hope for your future party.
[Acquire skill - First-aid, change alignment permanently to Good. To accept; Type "Scriblos" and then roll d30 in next message]

**The Neutral Deity - Smutos, Lord of the Other side:**
Smutos, a mischievous deity tempts you with mastery over the chaos of nature. He bestows a swirling, unpredictable skill upon you. Aligning with him grants your character the power to conjure wind, manipulate weather, and unleash the fury of the elements, reducing their armour (if any).
[Acquire skill - Skirt-blower, changes alignment permanently to neutral.
To accept; Type "Smutos" and then roll d30 in next message]

**The Evil Deity - Hubrus, Mistress of Shadows:**
Hubrus, a shadowy and alluring figure, offers a dark pact. She promises dominion over shadows, granting your character shadowy abilities and manipulation of darkness. Siding with her lets you become a master of stealth and subterfuge, striking fear into the hearts of enemies.
[Acquire Skill - Absolute-Stealth, changes alignment permanently to evil.
To accept; Type "Hubrus", and roll d30 in next message.]

** None or All - judgment authority against pride and greed (apostle of lawful deity) **
You can also feel another presence, which unlike the above three, this one is threatening. It gives you no option to choose from but instead waiting in case you try to take more or none.
[Acquire 3 negative status = Always_Injured, Skirt_less, Always_Taunting
Permanent -1 on hp, cannot equip lower body armours(that includes flimsy armour aka clothes), attracts trouble. Lawful deity dislike and Unaligned deity like you]

Each greater deity presents a tempting offer, aligning with your character's nature or personal beliefs. The choice is yours, and it may shape the destiny of your character.

Footnote:- Deities of lawful, chaos, true, and unaligned are separate. They will appear later in the D&D session.
Players, who haven't joined yet can join anytime by posting their first character creations replying to previous events and catching up to current ones.
How to roll dice in the thread?
type
!roll 1,30
Smutos

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

By the way, are there debuffs one can get for the sake of getting more stat points? I thought I remembered something like that.
Are there stats for races and classes or something?

Sleds

I have a question too, how do we get a skill? Can we do something to have more chance to get the skill we write in our character lore?

TheMonotonePuppet

Is an 18 good for Smutos? I was told by my Friends that Smut has friendship as a BIG theme, you know? And neutrality is important!!

Stealthy_Enigma

(❀⁠≽ᆺ≼)⊃~~~~✧ ꧁Floofy Ninja!!!꧂
Meanwhile...
At the edge of town, a portal opens, depositing a confused fox girl. Looking around, Nadia sighs in relief that she at least wouldn't have to start in the middle of nowhere.

Checking and finding out that she has no money she sighs in disappointment.

Not wanting to sleep on the hard ground, she resigns herself to trying to find some sort of job to make at least enough to stay at an inn.

Seeing a group of adventurers leaving the town, she figured this town must have a guild of some sort.

With a glimmer of hope, she takes a deep breath to steady her nerves and advances into the unkown town in order to try her luck.

After much asking around for directions, Nadia finally made it to the adventurers guild, only to fall on her knees in despair at what was written on the sign at the front desk.

*Only parties may take on quests.

Wiping tears from her eyes, she decides to anxiously wait in the lobby where she can hopefully find others to join.

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

Here is my character sheet!
Name: Kit
Race: Feylost
Class: Druid-Circle of Stars Bonuses given to stats by race or class/class levels unknown
Strength: 4 If allowed by @Raymann : +20 with mask
Dexterity: 6
Constitution: 4 My character's constitution is Starsdarned weak. The time in the strange Feywild has had a negative impact on their health
Intelligence: 6
Wisdom: 6
Charisma: 24 If allowed by @Raymann -20 with mask
Fae Trinkets: A blank book that refuses to hold ink, chalk, graphite, or any other substance or marking.
An alabaster mask, with absolutely no eyeholes, mouthholes, or any marking. It is merely a peculiarly damp plastic mask that chills the bone upon contact with it, perfectly covering Kit's face.
A needle that never bends. Typically dangles from a messy bun typed up with string.

She is characterized by obsession. She will never let go of friends. If she loses a friend, she will do whatever she can to retrieve her friends. All of the Fey is her friends, and they taught her the all-important rules: you never lie or break your word with friends. But she will compulsively lie with those she does not perceive as friends. Nature is freakin' awesome, and compassion is even better. She always expects something in return for her "compassion," like her Fey friends do. She is constantly haunted on fey laughter, which (I don't if this works) can lead to debuffs in Charisma, due to her odd reactions to it. She has never lost her sense of childlike wonder and curiosity. She does not steal on purpose. If she has inadvertently stolen something, she will either leave something behind of equal value or fight to return to them.
She has absolutely zero real-world experience and is not particularly intelligent. What subclass, if any, should I choose?
How do I decide my Wild Form? I would like to choose a fox the size of a wolf, but longer, like a weasel (mainly aesthetic, though if allowed, I'll take whatever Wild Form gives for skills based off design)
Anything major that I'm probably missing? Any life advice for things that need to change or I'm going to screw myself over?

Last edited:

Sleds

Here is my character sheet!
Name: Kit
Race: Feylost
Class: Druid-Circle of Stars Bonuses given to stats by race or class/class levels unknown
Strength: 4 If allowed by @Raymann : +20 with mask
Dexterity: 6
Constitution: 4 My character's constitution is Starsdarned weak. The time in the strange Feywild has had a negative impact on their health
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 3
Charisma: 24 If allowed by @Raymann -20 with mask
Fae Trinkets: A blank book that refuses to hold ink, chalk, graphite, or any other substance or marking.
An alabaster mask, with absolutely no eyeholes, mouthholes, or any marking. It is merely a peculiarly damp plastic mask that chills the bone upon contact with it, perfectly covering Kit's face.
A needle that never bends. Typically dangles from a messy bun typed up with string.

She is characterized by obsession. She will never let go of friends. If she loses a friend, she will do whatever she can to retrieve her friends. All of the Fey is her friends, and they taught her the all-important rules: you never lie or break your word with friends. But she will compulsively lie with those she does not perceive as friends. Nature is freakin' awesome, and compassion is even better. She always expects something in return for her "compassion," like her Fey friends do. She is constantly haunted on fey laughter, which (I don't if this works) can lead to debuffs in Charisma, due to her odd reactions to it. She has never lost her sense of childlike wonder and curiosity. She does not steal on purpose. If she has inadvertently stolen something, she will either leave something behind of equal value or fight to return to them.
She has absolutely zero real-world experience and is not particularly intelligent. What subclass, if any, should I choose?
How do I decide my Wild Form? I would like to choose a fox the size of a wolf, but longer, like a weasel (mainly aesthetic, though if allowed, I'll take whatever Wild Form gives for skills based off design)
Anything major that I'm probably missing? Any life advice for things that need to change or I'm going to screw myself over?
I'm disapointed to not see a puppet. Also you forget 6 points on your stats to reach 50.