Adventurer's Guild ⛩️ Gates of Scribblia ⛩️: Open D&D Thread

Are you ready to roll the dice and let your story unfold?

• Total voters

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
In any case, there is no reason to take on any of these tasks alone. He needs to find a suitable company. Looking into a nearby building, he sees a young fox girl. “Hello, I’m Werfy. I’m looking for a suitable activity for the next few days. How about saving baby dragons? Or getting rid of rats? Or maybe you know how to ride a horse?”, he asks her, in a high-pitched voice, which is already not so deep by nature.
Make sure to @ someone if you're speaking to them. Sometimes it's very hard to tell who you you're talking to, and in long threads like this, they might not even notice you sent the message!

(I'm going to bed now. Sorry~)

Lodur

Eight virgin
Now that Hverf is dressed and at least somewhat equipped, it’s time to take a closer look at the town. Hverf retracts his horns and tail (he can change back at any moment, but he won't be able to do this trick again for at least a week), not knowing how the locals feel about tieflings (he's heard enough in his not-so-long life about “demonic spawn,” not to mention other unflattering epithets addressed to him, and doesn’t want to risk it), climbs back out the back window and goes to explore the local attractions.
Information about the theater group in 4 days gives him hope: maybe he will be able to get hold of a musical instrument, because they usually always have some kind of supply. The main thing is to agree on a price (well, or without a price...). It would be nice to do some extra work for this. Hverf drops by the Adventurers Guild. For some reason, none of the available quests particularly attracts him. Climb into the dragon's lair? Pure suicide. Fight giant rats? Not much better, given the circumstances (even if they promise a lot of money for them). Play at the races? He wasn’t born yesterday, and he knows what’s what, usually, in betting. And acting as a jockey, even with his dexterity, is not an option: he understands that there is practically no chance of coming first for someone who has never done this.
In any case, there is no reason to take on any of these tasks alone. He needs to find a suitable company. Looking into a nearby building, he sees a young fox girl. “Hello, I’m Werfy. I’m looking for a suitable activity for the next few days. How about saving baby dragons? Or getting rid of rats? Or maybe you know how to ride a horse?”, he asks her, in a high-pitched voice, which is already not so deep by nature.
@Stealthy_Enigma , Hverf is adressing your character. :s_smile:

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
RANDOM ENCOUNTER WHILE TRAVELING.
images - 2023-09-13T172421.274.jpeg

(Travelling somewhere? Travelling takes a irl day.)
Roll a d10. (If travelling in a group only the group leader needs to roll.)
Click the number you got and encounter the event.

Ambush by Bandits
Check Perception or Insight to spot the ambush.

- Reward: Loot from defeated bandits and potential quest to track down their hideout.
Soft music drifts out from the wood beside the path. No one else seems to hear the enchanting music, except you.
You decide to....
A
B
Lost in thought, you drove away from the regular path.
You are surrounded by fog. And a disembodied voice asks you a riddle.
Answer a random riddle correctly or else. Ask GM
Penalty: Get lost in the wilderness for one extra day.
Reward: ---?
4[NOTHING HAPPENED]
5[NOTHING HAPPENED]
6[NOTHING HAPPENED]
Check Investigation(Wisdom) DS=15 against d20.

Reward - found a 🎲random item🎲 near the campsite. Keep it or throw it?
8Sudden Storm
10Random Monster Attack

Last edited:

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Diging through the crates, Nadia searches for an unbroken weapon shaft, which she can modify into a staff or spear.

For protection, she opts for what she can get, hoping that there is at least some leather armor in decent condition.
After spending some time digging through the crates, you realize that these 'generous donations' are nothing more than material for the guild to scrap. Broken arrows, snapped pieces of wood and lumps of steel that barely resembled weapons were the most common sights in the pile. You were happy to spot a broken sword that radiated a powerful aura, only to realize that it was already snapped cleanly in half, past the point of mending.

Despite that, you find two wooden shafts that were... usable.

One was much shorter than the other, and a lot lighter. It really didn't seem to pack enough of a punch for combat, perhaps it was an implement for training?

"That's a staff that was used by one of our wizards, the core is made out of a lightweight wood suitable for spellcasting, not much for hitting things. The catalyst is broken, but if you're an apprentice spellcaster, it should still be good for you to use. Try not to do anything too wild with it." A man confidently spoke as he pushed up his glasses. He must be one of the guild staff.

You picked up the other shaft, observing a few holes where a spearhead may have been nailed to at the tip. This one was a lot heftier. Giving it a tentative swing, you are confident it could bash the head of any monsters that get to close to you.

"Ah, now that's a proper weapon. Pfft, If you're a monk, ha! I recommend having a spearhead fashioned for it as soon as possible, it simply makes it a more lethal weapon."

Ignoring the man's comment, you walked towards the crate containing second-hand pieces of armor.

"Up, up! We aren't a charity. Aspiring adventurers can only take one thing for free in this room, though we do offer discounts. It's either you take the armor or a weapon. If you have any companions, you can take one for them, too."

"Don't try to fool us by taking gear for non-existent people. Trust me, we'll know."

He pushed up his glasses once more as they glinted with dangerous light.

You have 3 options:

1. A [Shattered Wizard's Staff] that can act as an arcane catalyst, waiving any material consumption for your spells. In melee combat, it deals 1d4 bludgeoning damage. And if you try to channel too powerful of a spell into it, it may just give out completely. Obtaining a catalyst for the staff will remedy this issue.

2. A [Broken Spear] which acts as a quarterstaff that deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage(1d8 if you use two hands). It can easily be fashioned into a proper spear by even a novice blacksmith, changing the damage type to piercing and allowing you to throw it.

3. A piece of well-worn [Leather Armor], it stinks a little, and doesn't quite fit you, but there are no defects other than that.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
To everyone doing their own thing and rolling dice for themselves: That's fine, I'll just chime in if I think a reward is unreasonable or if things get a little out of hand, like say, a certain fairy trying to become a supervillain(you're still good tho!) . Feel free to still @ me if you're not sure how an event should go.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
To prepare for her quest, Mabel meanders around town and asks random strangers whether or not they'd be willing to give her a bottle of poison. (Persuasion/Charisma Check)

justabot

SHF Dice Roller

Roll limits: -9999999999 to 9999999999

@SsemouyOnan, an error has occured. To use the dice roller, please use the command "!roll min,max" without the quotes. Min being The lowest value to return and max being the highest value to return.

You may also use "!roll min,max,num_of_dice" if you want to roll multiple dice at once. The maximum dice you may use is 100.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Mabel gets chased out of town, she sulks for a little, but she'll come back later for her quest!

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
I am STILL trying to get the spirits to cause havoc. I roll a persuasion check.

Nat 1

Damn... the spirits ignored my plead.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
ghan: you did what?!
Mabel: "I asked the kind adventurers for a bottle of poison, sir shark. Papa used it all the time to deal with pests. I thought it might be useful for hunting the bandits. I suppose they aren't very willing to give out things for free, to chase me out of town like this."

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
Mabel: "I asked the kind adventurers for a bottle of poison, sir shark. Papa used it all the time to deal with pests. I thought it might be useful for hunting the bandits. I suppose they aren't very willing to give out things for free, to chase me out of town like this."
Rhaps Ody: "A ghost is running amok for some reason, people are high on alert in these parts of town."

Necron

ghan: if you want to buy poison you go to a herbalist of sort i don't know if they have one in town but now that we got kick out i hope the guards would allow us to talk to the council for the bandits info...and yes we do need poisons and weapons especially you and armor mostly again you...can you fight?

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I'm lost and don't know what I have/can do. One of my party member seem to enjoy destroying the city. Should I just kidnap my party member to go take a quest for money?

Necron

I'm lost and don't know what I have/can do. One of my party member seem to enjoy destroying the city. Should I just kidnap my party member to go take a quest for money?
ghan: that's how my mama met my dad

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
"While I wait for Party members I think I'll sneak(Absolute Stealth) into a suspicious abandoned house." (Roll+20 vs DC 27 Wisdom)
Rolled 16, add 20, 36, Success.
"If I succeed, I find So much copper and a- A carrot? Why is this here?"
95 Coppers.
Would you like to sell that carrot?
Visit 2.Town market.