Adventurer's Guild ⛩️ Gates of Scribblia ⛩️: Open D&D Thread

Are you ready to roll the dice and let your story unfold?

• Total voters

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
From the background and character sheet I made up, I am now kicking myself.

I would say she would at least knowedge on how to make simple weapons and armor, but I wouldn't expect much from her.

She is clumsy like me IRL (low dexterity).
˝/\___/\˝
(✿;≧∇≦;)
I'm not sure how the GM wants to handle crafting (dnd's crafting is quite... impractical) but at the very least we can probably get some improvised spears or clubs set up.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Okay @Raymann we should probably put links to the towns and extra resources on the original post, backtracking to dig them up is getting annoying

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
Okay @Raymann we should probably put links to the towns and extra resources on the original post, backtracking to dig them up is getting annoying

There's this too.

Lodur

Eight virgin
Being the first person to take advantage of the owner's negligence, aside from the ominously conspicuous chests, you also find a hidden cache of coins(and potentially items) under a loose floorboard

Roll a d20 to determine what you get:

Loot table
1. As you reach down, your hand dips into a pile of wet, mucky garbage.

2-10 You find 4 SP(silver points)

11-14 On top of that, you find 2d24 copper coins.

15-19 You also find a rusty dagger.

20 Wrapped around the dagger is a comically oversized ribbon that grants +1 CHA as long as it's properly worn on your head or back.
Hverf slips on a loose floorboard and nearly escapes sprain, mutely cursing. But it reveals another hidden cache with 4 silver and 41 copper coins and a rusty dagger. Hverf smiles: "Look at this! I'm unfathomably rich now!"

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
@SsemouyOnan and @Raymann
I made an assumption earlier, figuring you might not be online... But how many actions do we get per day? And what spends those actions?

Currently I've explored one 'dungeon' and eaten a good meal. Can I go looking for trouble, or purchase some equipment, or something?

Is there something stopping me from just writing a 12k word essay about what I did today?
I'll leave Raymann to answer most of those questions. I dunno how lord DM wants to run the events but for miscellaneous actions - you can take as many as you want between events as long as it makes sense. You can't go looking for trouble in town while your character is off fighting goblins.

I also won't throw in a reward if you've just received one recently.

For example, if you apply for a quest and want to do a performance in the town while waiting, that's fine, you get some copper/silver. If you try to rescue an orphan straight after doing that performance, it's unlikely you'd find one. You'd have to go on that quest first to refresh that "cooldown".

I assume buying stuff is a free action, since you're spending resources on doing it anyways.

And well... the only thing stopping you from writing a 12k word essay is the fact that no one will read all of that. :P

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Hverf slips on a loose floorboard and nearly escapes sprain, mutely cursing. But it reveals another hidden cache with 4 silver and 41 copper coins and a rusty dagger. Hverf smiles: "Look at this! I'm unfathomably rich now!"
A room in the inn is 12 silver :blobrofl:

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
After wandering around town, getting a cookie of all thing, I went back to the Lodge for revenge. The owner is gonna have a time of his life, for a fairy never forget his grudges.

I rolled an Arcana check with Guidance, hoping to find a spirit outside of the house. (I decided to used my own dice now, it's easier)

19+6(int)+2(Guidance)=27

I found a strong presence of a spirit covering the entire Lodge!

I rolled a Persuasion check with Guidance, trying to get the spirit to go wild.

17+14(cha)+1(Guidance)=32

What will the spirit do?
Is this too much of an action?

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
After wandering around town, getting a cookie of all thing, I went back to the Lodge for revenge. The owner is gonna have a time of his life, for a fairy never forget his grudges.

I rolled an Arcana check with Guidance, hoping to find a spirit outside of the house. (I decided to used my own dice now, it's easier)

19+6(int)+2(Guidance)=27

I found a strong presence of a spirit covering the entire Lodge!

I rolled a Persuasion check with Guidance, trying to get the spirit to go wild.

17+14(cha)+1(Guidance)=32

What will the spirit do?
Congratulations, you have unlocked a secret boss battle. Roll for initiative.

The spirit has heard your song, and is very much convinced to "go wild". It causes havoc in the Lodge, randomly throwing tables, chairs and other pieces of furniture around, causing food to splatter all over the place.

However, as soon as the commotion reached the scowling lodge owner, the spirit took notice of the gnome's unamused expression, who reached out as if to crush the spirit's presence with his bare hands.

The spirit immediately detached itself from the Lodge, deciding that it was a better idea to rampage around Town instead. Now there is a wild spirit on the loose, causing havoc(as in, displacing objects at random) within Guildinggston.

You look to the left, and then to the right, thankfully no one has noticed you communing with the spirit. That said, it would take a while for them to learn where the spirit came from, too.

Perhaps if you reported the "unforeseen event" to the Guild, you can get a bit of coin as reward? Or maybe you could "solve" it yourself and earn the trust of the townspeople?

Stealthy_Enigma

(❀⁠≽ᆺ≼)⊃~~~~✧ ꧁Floofy Ninja!!!꧂
While waiting for someone to join in a party, Nadia explores the Guild building.

On one side of the building is a simple workshop with tools that seem to have been worn with use.

In the back, there are crates full of discarded and broken weapons and armor that other adventurers have either discarded or donated for those who are less fortunate to at least have something to arm themselves with.

Nadia would have to find or repair something for herself, but at least she won't have to spend any non-existant money on her first gear.

*(Is this too much??? And what are the rules for rolling?)

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
i don't know the city council just hired an adventurer group to hunt down bandits....they might add a thief as bonus
Mabel wholeheartedly supports freeing the spirits of random establishments out into the world! It is not a bad deed. They deserve to go on adventures too. #spiritlivesmatter

Lodur

Eight virgin
A room in the inn is 12 silver :blobrofl:
Of course, this is sarcasm. Not to mention that my character still doesn't have a musical instrument. And the most shabby armor. And normal weapons (not counting the rusty dagger). According to standard prices, one lute costs 5 gold. I don’t presume to judge how much it might cost in the world of Scriblia, but judging by the fact that the average inn usually costs from 1 to 5 silver coins per night (including a bath, cleaning clothes, and at least two meals, or even all three) - this is for a separate room, spending the night in a common room usually costs 7 coppers - well, you understand.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
While waiting for someone to join in a party, Nadia explores the Guild building.

On one side of the building is a simple workshop with tools that seem to have been worn with use.

In the back, there are crates full of discarded and broken weapons and armor that other adventurers have either discarded or donated for those who are less fortunate to at least have something to arm themselves with.

Nadia would have to find or repair something for herself, but at least she won't have to spend any non-existant money on her first gear.

*(Is this too much??? And what are the rules for rolling?)
Refer to my post, there is a clarification on skill checks there. So, what kind of gear are you looking for, and how are you going to look for it?

Lostinthecause

As Advaya found himself temporarily separated from his party, they were granted an unexpected day off by the guild while processing a quest. Feeling somewhat fatigued from their recent adventures, Advaya made a spontaneous decision to spend the night beneath a rustic bridge that spanned a tranquil river. The sound of the gently flowing water served as a lullaby, and he soon succumbed to a peaceful slumber.

As dawn broke and the sun's first rays painted the sky with shades of orange and gold, Advaya stirred from his restful sleep. The air was crisp, and the world around him seemed to awaken alongside him. Stretching his limbs, he enjoyed the simple pleasure of solitude in nature.

However, his solitude was soon interrupted by an unexpected event. A sudden, audible "splash" echoed from the river below the bridge. Curiosity piqued, Advaya peered over the edge to investigate the source of the disturbance.

To his amazement, he spotted a silvery glint beneath the clear waters—a fish, glistening and darting through the liquid realm. The sight of the lively aquatic creature stirred a newfound determination within Advaya. Without the luxury of fishing gear or a net, he decided to rely solely on his own skills and instincts.
(Btw how many actions are we limited to per day?) @SsemouyOnan