Adventurer's Guild ⛩️ Gates of Scribblia ⛩️: Open D&D Thread

Are you ready to roll the dice and let your story unfold?

• Total voters

Lodur

Eight virgin
We aren't rolling to attack, we're deciding turn order.
Ups, I'm looking to the thread with one eye, while doing something else. Confused initiative with attack rolls. :s_frown:
5e also doesn't have critical fails by RAW. It can be added as an optional rule though.
Ha-ha. I've forgotten, that it's optional rule (and always was). We never played without critical misses, much more fun.
When you say 'fire bomb', are you referring to my Magic Stone cantrip, or did I miss something?
Yes, Magic stone cantrip. I've forgotten, what it was exactly, remembered only that it can be thrown at enemy.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
aecedbab4468e2c1d60d182dc412ee76.png "Hi there adventurers of sandbox, I am the overseer of Magus Magika Tower.
Currently testing a new* magic method that removes slots and counts. Reply to this message to recieve temporary [Spellcasting*] trait for a week and learn how to cast magic in new way."

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
Y'all done rolling for initiative, or am I missing someone?
Stealth hasn't rolled-
View attachment 22212"Hi there adventurers of sandbox, I am the overseer of Magus Magika Tower.
Currently testing a new* magic method that removes slots and counts. Reply to this message to recieve temporary [Spellcasting*] trait for a week and learn how to cast magic in new way."
>.>
Is there a reason to take it instead of the one that has slots and 'counts'?

Well, whatever. I'll try it out.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
View attachment 22212"Hi there adventurers of sandbox, I am the overseer of Magus Magika Tower.
Does this new method involve making a contract with a strangely cute but creepy white being? If so, I am mildly hesitant.

Lodur

Eight virgin
I don't know, why we even roll for initiative (for future rounds, maybe?) Goblins still not aware about us, and our first round must be bonus round without a retaliation (we are making surprise attacks).

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
aecedbab4468e2c1d60d182dc412ee76.png

[Spellcasting*]
nothing creepy involved this time...
ahem.

= You have 6d6 dices instead or that old slot table.

You roll them.
*rolls...

[2,5,3,2,6,5]

OK, count the longest chain of numbers. Like in this case. It could be 2,3 or 5,6 both are 2 length chain so I can cast a any* spell level 1 or below

[Cast : Acid splash]
*acid.sfx
(bubble... bubble... a goblin melts aways)

That was fun... Let's try this again.
Oh.. wait. I forgot to tell you burn one dice when you cast a spell. Don't worry they(dices) will come back next day. So we have 5d6 for our next spell.

Rolls 5d6.
[1,6,4,4,5,] (*)

4,5,6,1... Woh a 4 chain. Yes, you cycle to 1 after 6.
That means we could cast any* spell upto 3rd level or lower.

WAIT... YOU HAVE BEEN A GOOD DISCIPLINE SO I WOULD GIVE YOU A SPELL BOOK AND TWO EXTRA TRAITS.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
Advaya ignores Mushroom and moves towards the source of laughter.
You enters the Desolate House, where you expected to be a dark and creepy place, instead, it was a vibrant place with glowing flowers and overgrown moss, incomprehensible as it seem bigger than it seem outside.

You noticed there is a door on the other side, rainbow butterflies and mist escaping from it.

And you hear someone playing the flute from above, a wonderful and captivating melody that seem to make you... sleepy.

Make Con save.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
View attachment 22213

[Spellcasting*]
ahem.

You roll them.
*rolls...

[2,5,3,2,6,5]

OK, count the longest chain of numbers. Like in this case. It could be 2,3 or 5,6 both are 2 length chain so I can cast a any* spell level 1 or below

*acid.sfx

Oh.. wait. I forgot to tell you burn one dice when you cast a spell. Don't worry they(dices) will come back next day. So we have 5d6 for our next spell.

Rolls 5d6.
[1,6,4,4,5,] (*)

WAIT... YOU HAVE BEEN A GOOD DISCIPLINE SO I WOULD GIVE YOU A SPELL BOOK AND TWO EXTRA TRAITS.
aecedbab4468e2c1d60d182dc412ee76.png
here is the book.
📚 http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/spells 📚

And
[Cantrip*] trait ::- grants any* 3 cantrips (level 0) spells of your choice. Casting cantrips or mastery spell don't require Spellcasting rolls.

Second gift,
[Arcane recovery] trait ::- allows you to re roll dices at cost of 1 action.
Like say

Last one
[1,6,4,4,5] (*)
Using arcane recovery I can
Save [1,6,4,#,5] which gave me 4 chain and re roll #dices which didn't contributed
*Rolls
[2]
This will cost an action, your character would be standing on his place focused on casting magic.

New result
[1,6,2,4,5] (*)
A 5 chain to cast any level4 or lower spell.

You can use arcane recovery any number of times in a battle.

END OF TUTORIAL
YOU RECIEVED 3 TEMPORARY TRAITS AND A SPELL BOOK WITH 6 d6 dices.
[SPELLCASTING*], [CANTRIP* (3 SLOTS)] AND [ARCANE RECOVERY*]

** Always remember to quote your spells links form the wiki (given spell book) & your roll results.
Don't make things out of air.😅 It would help Dm and other players too...
* These traits are temporary and for testing will disappear after 2 days.
@Raymann if any issue arises.

Last edited:

Lostinthecause

You enters the Desolate House, where you expected to be a dark and creepy place, instead, it was a vibrant place with glowing flowers and overgrown moss, incomprehensible as it seem bigger than it seem outside.

You noticed there is a door on the other side, rainbow butterflies and mist escaping from it.

And you hear someone playing the flute from above, a wonderful and captivating melody that seem to make you... sleepy.

Make Con save.
@Lostinthecause, you rolled a 20+4=24

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
View attachment 22213

[Spellcasting*]
ahem.

You roll them.
*rolls...

[2,5,3,2,6,5]

*acid.sfx

Rolls 5d6.
[1,6,4,4,5,] (*)

@Cipiteca396, you rolled: 3, 5, 2, 4, 1, 2
So I can cast, what a fourth level spell?

I cast Find Greater Steed to summon a Griffon mount...

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
I don't know, why we even roll for initiative (for future rounds, maybe?) Goblins still not aware about us, and our first round must be bonus round without a retaliation (we are making surprise attacks).
Aye, the goblins are Surprised for the first round.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
View attachment 22213

[Spellcasting*]
ahem.

You roll them.
*rolls...

[2,5,3,2,6,5]

*acid.sfx

Rolls 5d6.
[1,6,4,4,5,] (*)

Lord GM, I frankly have no idea how any of this is supposed to work.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
@Lostinthecause, you rolled a 20+4=24
You broke free from the spell, now you are more awake than ever.

A small creature, small and can fit right in your hand, thinly shaped like a withered flower and bearing the black color of decay, dawning a white cloak made of flower petals. It seems intrigued by your presence, fluttering about in the air.

"Traveller from far and wide, what do you seek here?", it asked in an alluring voice