Adventurer's Guild ⛩️ Gates of Scribblia ⛩️: Open D&D Thread

Are you ready to roll the dice and let your story unfold?

• Total voters

Lostinthecause

You broke free from the spell, now you are more awake than ever.

A small creature, small and can fit right in your hand, thinly shaped like a withered flower and bearing the black color of decay, dawning a white cloak made of flower petals. It seems intrigued by your presence, fluttering about in the air.

"Traveller from far and wide, what do you seek here?", it asked in an alluring voice
"What is your kind doing here?" Avadaya asks sizing him up, ready to defend himself on moment's notice.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
Lord GM, I frankly have no idea how any of this is supposed to work.
SHF Dice Roller

Min: 1

Max: 6

Number of Dice: 6

@SsemouyOnan, you rolled: 4, 1, 5, 4, 6, 4
@SsemouyOnan 4,5,6,1 (a chain of four = chance to cast level 3 or lower spell)

1.) Refer to

📚 http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/spells 📚

Or

2.) You can refine your throw at cost of 1 action during which your character would be standing as if afk focused on casting the spell I.e. Vulnerable

Choose.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ

Spirit Guardians is a third level spell, so now a newbie caster can unleash 3d8 worth of necrotic/radiant pain in a 15 foot area. Very balanced.
Actually this is a beta test. And will go off after a week. If you find any such odd things do dm.
You always can use or choose to not use this method.
You weren't suppose to get these traits before conquering lvl 20 of Magus Magika Tower.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
@SsemouyOnan 4,5,6,1 (a chain of four = chance to cast level 3 or lower spell)

1.) Refer to

📚 http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/spells 📚

Or

2.) You can refine your throw at cost of 1 action during which your character would be standing as if afk focused on casting the spell I.e. Vulnerable

Choose.
Oh so, if Mabel refines this and waits a turn, she too can cast find greater steed, a spell that paladins usually get at a high level?

Guess everyone is a lore bard now.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
"What is your kind doing here?" Avadaya asks sizing him up, ready to defend himself on moment's notice.
"Wandering around, with no clear goal in sight.", it laughed, floating around you, "I came here looking for stories, but a certain Lodge owner denied me of what I want~"

Advaya feels a chill running down his spine, as the Fairy's malice is fully on display, "We Fairies hate being rejected, so I pull a little prank! I never intended to make a ruckus, but with sooooo many spirits around, how can I not resist a festival? Everything else was just collateral~"

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ

Spirit Guardians is a third level spell, so now a newbie caster can unleash 3d8 worth of necrotic/radiant pain in a 15 foot area. Very balanced.
Btw do you guys actually use distance, speed and weight with proper mapping while d&d???
Cause 15 foot area means nothing if you cannot even tell where the player standing at first place...
🤔
Proper discription would be for geometry less dnd.
"Spirit Guardians is a third level spell, so now a newbie caster can unleash 3d8 worth of necrotic/radiant pain in a large area.(hits multiple no. of enemies.) Very balanced."

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
Oh so, if Mabel refines this and waits a turn, she too can cast find greater steed, a spell that paladins usually get at a high level?

Guess everyone is a lore bard now.
Yes,😇
But if she get successful hit by an enemy in that Duration in which she uses [arcane recovery*] she will recieve double damage.

Lodur

Eight virgin
The goblins are ****ed. I didn't balance this dungeon for a Griffon.
So, we are not starting the battle? (Casting time of this spell is 10 minutes, if your character casting it during the battle, it will be long won or lost before you manage to end your spell).

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Btw do you guys actually use distance, speed and weight with proper mapping while d&d???
Cause 15 foot area means nothing if you cannot even tell where the player standing at first place...
🤔
Weight can go f*ck off, but yes you can make a map with squares, and 1 square is 5 feet. It's not really hard if you don't overthink it

It is time consuming tho

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
So, we are not starting the battle? (Casting time of this spell is 10 minutes, if your character casting it during the battle, it will be long won or lost before you manage to end your spell).
Tbh, I don't think this version of Spellcasting is acceptable. Think of this as a funny dream.

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Yes,😇
But if she get successful hit by an enemy in that Duration in which she uses [arcane recovery*] she will recieve double damage.
Yes, but that steed will last until it hits 0 hp. And even then, she can just keep using spellcasting during downtime until she gets a good roll again, then it's back.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
Tbh, I don't think this version of Spellcasting is acceptable. Think of this as a funny dream.
A funny dream that would last for a week.
Beside quote the spell form spell book you are using.
It would help a lot.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
Tbh, I want this* now. The way we were doing things before, I would need to spend, what... 75 + 500 + 1300 GP. 1875 GP to summon my favorite steed...

Hey. That's not much worse than a Fighter's Plate Armor at 1500.

(Edit: "This" being the steed, not the new spellcasting feature)

Last edited:

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
Tbh, I want this now. The way we were doing things before, I would need to spend, what... 75 + 500 + 1300 GP. 1875 GP to summon my favorite steed...

Hey. That's not much worse than a Fighter's Plate Armor at 1500.
Well... This is only temporary.

I am planning for a spell book(the spell book would be arcane medium for them) which would limit number of spells a wizard magic user could cast.
And I have merged and changed erstwhile soccerer and warlock class based traits into something that could be picked by anyone after completing the tower test.