Adventurer's Guild ⛩️ Gates of Scribblia ⛩️: Open D&D Thread

Are you ready to roll the dice and let your story unfold?

• Total voters

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
I got bored so I looked at the current state of which gods were picked so far:

Hubrus
SsemouyOnan(Mabel)
Cipiteca396(Lythia)
PeacefulMyst(Agnett)
Lostinthecause(Advaya)

Pantsless Brigade (Unaligned)
Sleds(Howie)
Alfir(Arsonist)
Necron(Ghan the Hunter)
Smutos
Rhaps(Rhaps Ody)
Lodur(Hverf)

Scriblos
MintiLime(Mintessen Limeo)
Stealthy_Enigma(Nadia Cordelia Vulpine)

Undecided
LoreIliad(Hush Diadem), potentially Smutos
FluffyGura(Blahaj), potentially Hubrus
Woolen_Bat_Monkey(Woolen)

Of course the majority pick in the SH forums is the edgy mommy goddess with power over the shadows... the rest are surprisingly balanced tho

Last edited:

Woolen_Bat_Monkey

Adopted son of Envy
Woolen

Race: Monkey-Kin
Class: Druid
Job: Unemployed
Affinity: Neutral

Stats-
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 11
Constitution: 10
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom:12
Charisma: 10
TOTAL: 61

Background: Woolen, a Monkey Kin Druid, hails from a secluded forest tribe, orphaned and yearning for love. A stranger exploited this longing, deceiving Woolen into stealing a sacred fruit, which led to his tribe relentlessly pursuing him. In the pursuit's midst, Woolen clung to hope that the stranger would return for him, carrying this hope into the broader world as he searches for the person who once manipulated his innocence.

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
Your Heart continues to tremble.
As the deity, you tried to communicate inches closer to you.
"Hello,..."
Your heart bursts literally and your brain melts with information overload.
Distorting your vision.
View attachment 21992
Your consciousness cannot comprehend the real image of the deity's face as you become nothing, lost in nothing.
Scriblos heartbroken how she accidentally broke your soul-vessel just by looking at you with some interest, decides to cast a world-shattering spell.

----REWIND----
This time she ignores not showing interest in you.
The deity grants you the skill a
nd hopes to meet you again when you grow to be strong enough.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED - BACK FROM THE FUTURE.
For some reason, I feel touched. The power of the Goddess nestled inside of me beside that of my Celestial patron and Celestial ancestor. “May the eyes of Heaven look kindly upon me as they have so far” I pray in a whisper.

I look at my fellow mortals hesitantly. I can feel a similar power in some, a rejecting force in others. Regardless of personal choices, I hope that we can interact with each other well. My job is explorer, not judge.

Necron

EVENT #1

Title: "The Divine Convergence"
View attachment 21983

Description:
As your character opens eyes in the vast darkness, you are met with the arrival of a trio of godly figures, each radiating power and purpose. They beckon you closer, their intentions shrouded in enigmatic smiles. This is initiation before your character gets dropped into the world of Gates of Scriblia.

-:: Your options are::-

**The Good Deity - Scriblos, Keeper of Light and Knowledge:**
A radiant goddess with luminous wings, Scriblos embodies purity and righteousness. She offers your character a brilliant orb of healing light. If you side with her, your character gains the ability to heal wounds and cure ailments more effectively, becoming a beacon of hope for your future party.
[Acquire skill - First-aid, change alignment permanently to Good. To accept; Type "Scriblos" and then roll d30 in next message]

**The Neutral Deity - Smutos, Lord of the Other side:**
Smutos, a mischievous deity tempts you with mastery over the chaos of nature. He bestows a swirling, unpredictable skill upon you. Aligning with him grants your character the power to conjure wind, manipulate weather, and unleash the fury of the elements, reducing their armour (if any).
[Acquire skill - Skirt-blower, changes alignment permanently to neutral.
To accept; Type "Smutos" and then roll d30 in next message]

**The Evil Deity - Hubrus, Mistress of Shadows:**
Hubrus, a shadowy and alluring figure, offers a dark pact. She promises dominion over shadows, granting your character shadowy abilities and manipulation of darkness. Siding with her lets you become a master of stealth and subterfuge, striking fear into the hearts of enemies.
[Acquire Skill - Absolute-Stealth, changes alignment permanently to evil.
To accept; Type "Hubrus", and roll d30 in next message.]

** None or All - judgment authority against pride and greed (apostle of lawful deity) **
You can also feel another presence, which unlike the above three, this one is threatening. It gives you no option to choose from but instead waiting in case you try to take more or none.
[Acquire 3 negative status = Always_Injured, Skirt_less, Always_Taunting
Permanent -1 on hp, cannot equip lower body armours(that includes flimsy armour aka clothes), attracts trouble. Lawful deity dislike and Unaligned deity like you]

Each greater deity presents a tempting offer, aligning with your character's nature or personal beliefs. The choice is yours, and it may shape the destiny of your character.

Footnote:- Deities of lawful, chaos, true, and unaligned are separate. They will appear later in the D&D session.
Players, who haven't joined yet can join anytime by posting their first character creations replying to previous events and catching up to current ones.
How to roll dice in the thread?
type
!roll 1,30
( ghan the hunter have chosen option 4)ghan: mighty beings i am but a hunter i have a need for the ability to heal or magic and even then mistress of shadows i only desire one thing A PREY,A TROPHY for me to hunt as such i beg you all GIMME THE GREATEST HUNT

justabot

SHF Dice Roller

Roll limits: -9999999999 to 9999999999

@Necron, an error has occured. To use the dice roller, please use the command "!roll min,max" without the quotes. Min being The lowest value to return and max being the highest value to return.

You may also use "!roll min,max,num_of_dice" if you want to roll multiple dice at once. The maximum dice you may use is 100.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
My roll was 22, right? I haven't done anything yet, and while I'd like to play safe, I still chose None or All.

Arso Neist the Exiled Elf, chooses to align himself with [None]. Aware he is of how dangerous it is to not seek the blessing and protection of any deity, he risks offending all three of them at once. Being a proud elf, he is not one to bow to any God, even the World Tree won't elicit any respect from him.
"I show no disrespect, only reverence." He closes his eyes, careful not to expose his feeble mind to such divine existences. "Your Majesties have beckoned me closer, but I have to decline. Choosing one of you may offend the other two, and choosing none of you may offend all three of you, but I digress. I see myself as too lowly to bring myself on your pedestal for I am only a lowly mortal, though a proud elf, I will never amount and equate to your glory."
Proud, but aware... Arso kneels on all fours in a kowtow. "Forgive me, but I shall not come any closer. I fear my name might taint your divine name, as such, please absolve me for I am just a blasphemer who even dared to burn the World Tree that my elvenkin revered. This sinner requests your mercy."

Dear Game Master, please give me less debuffs. Also I hope that my show of humility and reverence will elicit pity and acknowledgment from one or two of the Gods, giving me a freebie while at it.

Necron

Event #2

Frist town :: Guilddingston
View attachment 22018

Population size: Tiny

Average wealth: Modest

Surrounding terrain: Plains Climate: Rainy

Water source: Natural spring

Predominant ancestries: Halfling, Human, Gnome, Dragonborn Primary economy: Exotic goods Defenses: Watch towers

Values: Freedom

Above all else, the people value their individual freedoms and liberties. Society is focused on individual needs and desires.

Power Structure: Cooperative Although there are no formal laws, everyone works together for the common good. The community takes care of their own and works out disputes among each other.

There is no formal leader.

Surroundings
There is a jungle to the North. Most townsfolk do not even know this area exists.

There is a canyon to the Northeast.

There is a canyon to the West. There are rumors of a powerful Wizard living here.

The Bioluminescent caverns are to the West. Strange effects have been reported in this area.

The Halfling Shire is to the Northwest. The city inhabitants consider this to be a dangerous area.

Town information board.
(This message is dynamic and will change each day.)
[The annual Monster Hunt will take place in 9 days.]

[A theater troupe is expected to pass through town in 4 days.]

Places to visit in the town
(Click to visit. Dynamic messages, updated periodically by GM.)

1. Adventures Guild.

Requirement before accepting quests.::-
Make teams with other player by communicating with them via dm.
(Min 3 member per team.)
Once done ping GM in thread with your quest name.

Current quest board.
(First come, First get)
1. <Text here> claimed by Team led by @Username1

2. The Ghost and the Raven Lodge
Rooms(sharable) available for 12 sp per night.
Booked by @Username1, @Username2, ......
(Recovers max. hp each day.)

Menu: (temporary stat buff, last one day.)
Grilled beef with bread (12 cp) +1Dex.
Steak (20 cp) +1Str.
Vegetable stew with potatoes (11 cp) +10%xp gain
Apple juice (1 cp) +1Int.

About Owner:
Remicus Mcmillian, male, age 103 (Adult)
Ancestry: Gnome
Appearance: Skinny Occupation: Tavern Owner
Personality: Bold, Independent, Unfriendly
Distinctive feature: Smells of garlic
Voice: Deep

3. Town General Store.
under construction

4. Cafe Hardy Flavours
more places will be available soon.

5. Bard's College
p5

6. Mirror Industry
p6

7. Shipyard
p7
ghan : 9 days to prepare for a hunt.......till then i'll be in the adventure guild
( gm whats my total health with my last choice i know i got -1hp im new to this)

MintiLime

I approach the Ghost and Raven lodge. Now, I don’t seem to have much money as of yet. I should most likely approach the adventurer’s guild soon, but I would first like to establish good relations with the townspeople.

I see the older gentleman tavern keeper hard at work. I approach him and offer a trade: I will work for him in exchange for food and board. I am willing to run errands, cook, anything he would like. I would also like to use my healing powers to promote his health and well-being. Working this hard has got to cause back pain, right?

(help, how do I roll for this. I’m a newbie)

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
For some reason, I feel touched. The power of the Goddess nestled inside of me beside that of my Celestial patron and Celestial ancestor. “May the eyes of Heaven look kindly upon me as they have so far” I pray in a whisper.

I look at my fellow mortals hesitantly. I can feel a similar power in some, a rejecting force in others. Regardless of personal choices, I hope that we can interact with each other well. My job is explorer, not judge.
You have been promoted to Gamemaster.
@MintiLime is now a Gamemaster, and can create adventures, structures and events.

MintiLime

You have been promoted to Gamemaster.
@MintiLime is now a Gamemaster, and can create adventures, structures and events.

skill acquired - Accession,

Reality creation, Absolute creation, fate weaver, [full d&d skill mega compressed set].
First DnD campaign, manage to get my character killed and back to life the first day and then get promoted to GM. My Celestial powers are more than I can control.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
First DnD campaign, manage to get my character killed and back to life the first day and then get promoted to GM. My Celestial powers are more than I can control.
Don't worry about that your character is still in that world. I have promoted you.
It just like my character Ray Stromforge is still looking at event #1.
While I am creating structure #1 = Click to Visit Guildingston Town

Last edited:

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
Event#2
Mabel was experiencing quite a conundrum; attaining her precious poems required money! She had not a farthing to her name.

The nice lady in black told her she could use her sneaky sneaky shadow powers to "get whatever she wants for free", but after a long session of thinking really hard, Mabel realized that getting things that required money for free was basically stealing! Papa told her to never steal, so poor Mabel had almost unknowingly and unwittingly committed yet another evil act!

Then, after thinking again while eating a delectable piece of stale bread in the town she had wandered off to, Mable had a wonderful idea. She could join noble adventurers in their quest for treasure! The poems her papa wanted were treasure, right?

So, the next thing Mabel did was barge into the Adventurer's Guild, and practically shriek out her request.

"Which heroic spirit here wishes to help this troubled damsel in her hunt for treasured poems?"

Last edited:

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Oh nice! I want to roll again! Can I?